• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I don't know timezones... how many hours until maintenance is over?

...Brewfest is on right now? They're actually doing a seasonal event in the middle of an expansion's first week? lol.

Talk about poorly spacing things out on the calendar.
Same thing happened with Cataclysm :3 The hysteria was insane.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Waking up to that sales thread makes me want to punch something or someone in the face. This thread decides if I should head my way over there and get perma-banned on GAF.

edit: It also doesn't help that there's a maintenance going on. Now I can really spend my time getting myself banned.

Yeah that thread is pretty special. My anecdotes are better than your anecdotes because pandas are objectively dumb!

I just find it odd how people have these really rigid sort of mental blocks up in their heads. I don't even care about pandaren. They might as well be untextured minecraft-esque polygon blocks. There's so much other stuff about this expansion that I am interested in, I don't see why I would let something I don't care about taint the experience for me. That, along with people being understandably bored of WoW after years and needing to pin that natural occurrence on specific perceived developments driving them away for some weird sort of rationalization is just sort of foreign to me.

I guess what I'm saying is that it's hard being mentally superior to so many people. My neck always hurts because my fuckin dome is huge to contain this magnificent brain.

Westlo

Waking up to that sales thread makes me want to punch something or someone in the face. This thread decides if I should head my way over there and get perma-banned on GAF.

edit: It also doesn't help that there's a maintenance going on. Now I can really spend my time getting myself banned.

Nah man, keep your cool, lets bump that shit when Blizzard release the real numbers lol....

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Yeah that thread is pretty special. My anecdotes are better than your anecdotes because pandas are objectively dumb!

I just find it odd how people have these really rigid sort of mental blocks up in their heads. I don't even care about pandaren. They might as well be untextured minecraft-esque polygon blocks. There's so much other stuff about this expansion that I am interested in, I don't see why I would let something I don't care about taint the experience for me. That, along with people being understandably bored of WoW after years and needing to pin that natural occurrence on specific perceived developments driving them away for some weird sort of rationalization is just sort of foreign to me.

I guess what I'm saying is that it's hard being mentally superior to so many people. My neck always hurts because my fuckin dome is huge to contain this magnificent brain.

God I laughed so hard at this. <3

ZenaxPure

...Brewfest is on right now? They're actually doing a seasonal event in the middle of an expansion's first week? lol.

Talk about poorly spacing things out on the calendar.

To be fair they delayed it a few days and it doesn't end until October 14th. Plenty of time considering there really isn't anything new added besides updated trinkets. Most people on here probably already have most of everything they want from brewfest by now.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
No need to explore. Art and design is great.

However the game is shit, and the subscription for $15.00 a month is ridiculous.

Do you know you can buy 2 rotesserei chicken and 2 savory deli baked chicken for $14.65?

Yeah, rather spend my money feeding my family than playing this game.
Holy shit.

I need to leave GAF, right now. See you all when the servers go live.

Touch

I feel like I'm doing something terrible wrong with my Rogue. I'm getting doubled in dps. when I know I should be topping or close to it from observing other rogues. It's like ever since I hit 90 it's all gone down hill.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I feel like I'm doing something terrible wrong with my Rogue. I'm getting doubled in dps. when I know I should be topping or close to it from observing other rogues. It's like ever since I hit 90 it's all gone down hill.

You probably accidentally took the secret talent that converts all your agi into spirit.

I dunno, I had a similar experience when 5.0.4 dropped and playing Demo on my lock at 85. I was shitting the bed hard and don't really know why, but was doing fine with affliction.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

Someone in my guild was showing off DPS numbers and they were insane. What spec are you? One of the specs is apparently poo right now, but one of the others is God tier (from what I've read...I do not/have not/will not play Rogue, haha).

Anoregon

Man I really want those 4 chickens. Rotisserie AND savory baked? No time for video games, gotta start that chicken farm.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Simulation craft for you numbers people:

chart

chart

Source

Ultratech

Guys. What's Archaeology like? Is the lore interesting? Is the gameplay system itself enticing or fun at all?

I know next to nothing about it except that in 4.0 it was about triangulation to locate artifacts, but I haven't kept up with how the prof's been improved or changed in the last two years. It...HAS been improved/changed, right? I mean, there was so much player outcry over how terrible it was.

The BOA gear seems enticing, and the notion of digging up Azeroth's history is interesting to me. How long would it take to blitz 1-600 (or whatever the prof's cap is) at level 90?

Frankly...it's kinda boring. You still have to triangulate, but it's not that bad usually.

They did improve it a bit with MoP where you get more digs per site. (Used to be 3 per site...AGGRH.)

Basically, it just takes a lot of time. Not sure how long, but a lot.

Simulation craft for you numbers people:

Source

Damn, those Hunter numbers make me sad. :(

LOL @ Holy Priest dps

Yoshichan

Can someone just say something here in this thread whenever the servers open up? Thanks.

Love,
Yoshi

Btw, if you don't wanna use the macro for pet battles... I really like this addon:

Pet Battle Quality Glow

Changes the name of the critter to its quality... so gray, white, green, or blue. I just like knowing if I want to kill it or keep it.

On another topic, hot damn at the end of Jade Forest. As soon as I saw the cinematic setup my face went O.O

Tarazet

I might switch to Feral temporarily. At 87, all of my gear is reforged to Hit and Expertise to get close to the cap, not a single piece on me with tanking stats other than Mastery. Really need to run Mogu'shun a few times and get some better gear. I crafted myself a ilv 450 Agility cloak and the PvP shoulders, but those are level 90. Got lucky with a 450 agility staff (with a level 85 requirement!!) But other than that, I'm running in low 400's.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/ghostlands/Tarazet/simple

Oh yeah, I killed Korda Torros and got these. What a pity I'm not an Herbalist.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/86566

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Hunters are bugged it doesn't count pet dps if I remember right.

Does anyone know if the warrior numbers are post nerf?

That would explain why Hunter DPS is poo right now.

Regarding Warrior numbers, those are 5.0.4 build 16016. So any builds after that are VERY capable of shifting numbers.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Holy shit.

I need to leave GAF, right now. See you all when the servers go live.

Everyone is an individual and believes different things. Just because others don't enjoy WoW and might think it's stupid so what, allow yourself to have your own opinion. And more importantly, don't allow others to change your own viewpoint.

When it comes to WoW, I've been enjoying the game since November of 2004. I've taken some extended breaks and such, but whenever I come back I always enjoy myself. If others don't agree, who the fuck cares, lol. I'm not going to allow them to dampen my fun in my spare time. I play lots of games that the mainstream agree are stupid and boring, I simply don't give a shit. :)

Tarazet

I dont think thats true is it? If not why are demo locks where they are? AFAIK Hunter dps is just bad at max level.

Blizzard still ran with one during the launch event to clear the Challenge Mode with a gold, so I'm imagining it's not a major issue. In fact, they also had a Balance Druid and Elemental Shaman, so all three of their DPS were ass according to the sims.

RPGCrazied

My pet battle team is nearing level 19. I should hit the cap before I get MoP. Good thing, cause I probably won't mess with it much when in Pandaira. Are all the critters there level 25?

I wouldn't be surprised if THEY DID nerf the gathering nodes.

Ghost iron deposits all over my nuts. Whats funny is that there were still nubs buying my stacks for 300g a pop.

HA

Loxley

Everyone is an individual and believes different things. Just because others don't enjoy WoW and might think it's stupid so what, allow yourself to have your own opinion. And more importantly, don't allow others to change your own viewpoint.

When it comes to WoW, I've been enjoying the game since November of 2004. I've taken some extended breaks and such, but whenever I come back I always enjoy myself. If others don't agree, who the fuck cares, lol. I'm not going to allow them to dampen my fun in my spare time. I play lots of games that the mainstream agree are stupid and boring, I simply don't give a shit. :)

I think it's the feeling of "I want this community (meaning GAF) to lovingly embrace one of my favorite games. But not only do they stubbornly refuse to, they actively crap on and stigmatize said game and many of the people that still do play it."

If WoW threads showed up on the gaming side and were really only posted in by people who actively like the game, I don't anyone would bat an eye. The frustration simply comes from the fact that the vast majority of WoW threads end up being made up of angry 'lol WoW sucks' posts and petty bickering. This is something that is eerily exclusive to WoW too on GAF, I cannot remember the last LOTRO thread where all GAF did was shit on the game. Hell when news broke that City of Heroes was shutting down the GAF response was (like pretty much every where else) really heart-felt. No one talked about when City of Heroes was hardcore. You know, for real gamers man. There were no disgruntled ex-players who were happy that CoH was shutting down.

If Blizzard announced tomorrow that WoW was shutting down, I get the impression that the gaming side would rejoice and proclaim Guild Wars 2 our new MMO overlord. The WoW hate is strong on GAF, which I think stems a lot more from the new-found Blizzard hate as a result of Diablo 3 happening. It's fucking bizarre to watch.

Anoregon

My pet battle team is nearing level 19. I should hit the cap before I get MoP. Good thing, cause I probably won't mess with it much when in Pandaira. Are all the critters there level 25?

Dag, I've already started sort of brick walling with my pets around 7. Even-level wild fights are a lot closer than they used to be and the xp isn't great.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Rogue friggin terrible as usual. It doesn't help that on fights fight a lot of target switching playing a rogue can be really damned complex now.

I think that, in general, most classes will see a pretty unique spread as the raid logs start coming in. Keep in mind that these simulation numbers are based off of your classic Patchwerk encounter. You would NEVER see these numbers in a true raid scenario.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I wouldn't be surprised if THEY DID nerf the gathering nodes.

Ghost iron deposits all over my nuts. Whats funny is that there were still nubs buying my stacks for 300g a pop.

HA

There is VERY LITTLE Trillium around though, you need at least two trillium nodes to make 1 bar so I wouldn't be surprised to see a slight buff in the higher level areas.

Tamanon

Banned
Monk at 58. Rising Sun Kick really makes me feel more powerful again. Blackout kick is just weak for some reason. At least it feels that way.

The more shocking thing is that with minimal AHing, I've been able to keep my Leatherworking at my level, so I'm int he Outland recipes as I hit Outland. Thick Leather was a bitch.

Yoshichan

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Dag, I've already started sort of brick walling with my pets around 7. Even-level wild fights are a lot closer than they used to be and the xp isn't great.

Yeah, that continues with the pet battles too. The higher level battles begin to get more challenging, what with multiple opponents and more abilities. I've taken to hanging close to stable masters for the 10s heals.

ZenaxPure

Rogue friggin terrible as usual. It doesn't help that on fights fight a lot of target switching playing a rogue can be really damned complex now.

Not really, if anything target swapping is easier for rogues now. Redirect on no cooldown makes it all a joke. But, who knows if we will ever see a fight where that talent is useful. The only fight I can think of where it would have been nice in Cata is Rhyolith.

Yoshichan

Got my two brewfest pets! Time to actually start doing something productive :lol

Top Bottom