• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What do you mean "what"?

Normal Difficulty Mogu'shan Vaults Cleared
Congratulations to Exodus (US-Cho'gall) for completing Normal difficulty Mogu'shan Vaults before everyone else!

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/

Riddle of Steel (Living Steel with Spirits of Harmony) is no longer profitable on Mal'Ganis. Or at least less profitable.

Golden Lotus too stronk. Why it gives you 3 of those for trade when for most other equivalents it's only 1, I don't know. Might be nerfed. But it takes 3 Spirits to make the steel, when for the same amount, you can get 9 Golden Lotus, each of which go for 400g+. Living Steel is at ~1800 average, with some on the AH below that. You can do the math.

Might be okay if you get a proc, but I haven't gotten one on Living Steel as of yet (luck of the draw.)

Then again if it's as good as you all say it is, it'll probably be a slow burner, especially after everyone realises that GWII just isn't very good.

£30 box copy, plus 8.99 for a months subscription though? not a fucking chance blizz, not without trying it out for myself.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
You can purchase a few pieces of valor gear at honored now:

Klaxxi - Necks
Golden Lotus - Rings
Wow, really?! Gonna check that shit out asap!

Yoshichan

What an absolutely amazing hotfix.

All 450 ilvl > 458 ilvl
Some rep-vendors-reward now only needs honored, from revered/exalted
PvP ilvl nerfed

This is amazing. I just bought the Klaxxi epic ring (ilvl489).

Yoshichan

Well, currently raiding in a 9/10 guild run... this isn't gonna end well. I joined them so that I could "feel" the fights :p

edit: Gotta love dat 60k hps :3

Yoshichan

First boss is easy as fuck.

TheExodu5

Banned
So, for Monk...is there any reason not to create a Jab, Tiger Palm macro? Jab if I have enough energy, otherwise Tiger Palm. Tiger Palm is free so I don't see why not.

TheExodu5

Banned
Free? Does the 1 chi get removed with a spec or glyph?

It gets removed once you reach level 32 or something (Brewmaster Training passive).

Anyways, doesn't seem like you can create a macro that does that. If it can't use Jab, it doesn't try to use Tiger Palm.

Any clue on how to make the macro?

/cast Jab
/cast Tiger Palm

doesn't work.

/castsequence Jab, Tiger Palm

only alternates in between the two. If I could set a reset condition such as "if Jab is not enabled" or "if energy >= 40" it would work.

edit: don't think it's doable. Damn you Blizzard, you thought of everything! Kind of annoying to have a skill that I need to spam non-stop though. =\

Yoshichan

Haste breakpoint reached! Time to pump dat int.

Yoshichan

The Golden Lotus hysteria is beyond ridiculous... I managed to sell some for an insane amount, and fast.

ampere

We jumped into Mogu'shan today and killed the Stone Guard (10 man). It was a bit tricky for us to get the taunt swapping working right and having our raiders not kill each other with chains, but pretty fun.

Feng was much easier, got him to 50% on the third attempt and we'll probably get him tomorrow.

Yoshichan

You hit 8k haste?
At this point, I should only care about the fifth tick for rejuvenation (3043, unbuffed)! It's too early and waaaaaay to inefficient to go for the extra tick for Wild Growth :p

Yoshichan

Indeed. Fixed my ass, Blizzard.

Rokal

So, for Monk...is there any reason not to create a Jab, Tiger Palm macro? Jab if I have enough energy, otherwise Tiger Palm. Tiger Palm is free so I don't see why not.

Jab is a bad use of energy for Brewmasters. It's 40 energy for 1 chi (sometimes 2 if you talent power strikes which you should). Keg Smash is 40 energy for 2 chi, a debuff, and aoe threat. Expel Harm is 40 energy for 1 chi and a heal.

There will be plenty of times that you have enough energy to jab, but you are better off waiting for keg smash or expel harm if they will be up soon. Meanwhile, you should be tiger palming whenever you have a GCD free.

Attaching jab to a tiger palm macro is bad because you there are times you will want to tiger palm without wasting energy on jab.

It's only worth using jab if you are going to energy cap, or if you really need chi *right now* to do something.

In other news, Brewmaster tanking is a blast.

Edit: To be clear, you don't *need* to use tiger palm whenever you have a GCD free. You only need to use it 3 times before every guard, meaning 3 times every 30 seconds (at most). The reason it's encouraged to use it as often as you can fit it in is because it's free damage. May also be able to proc Gift of the Ox orbs but I'm not 100% on that.

Yoshichan

I can't say this enough... there's so much stuff to do in this game. I've literally been outside of Org more since MoP launch, than during the whole Cataclysm. I love it. If the raids are gonna be constant and entertaining, this might just become my favorite expansion of all time.

Chris R

I thought Tiger Palm was 1 Chi? And you can get it for free if your mastery procs? My current rotation is Jab -> RSK -> Jab -> Tiger Palm up to 3 stacks of the debuff -> Jab / RSK when that debuff falls off / Tiger Palm when that buff is close to falling off

Tarazet

First night of heroics for our guild. We cleared Mogu'shun Palace, Jade Serpent, Scarlet Monastery, Scarlet Halls, and Scholomance. Wound up with 4 pieces of heroic Agility leather and 1 piece of Int gear. I was averaging around 30-35K DPS as a bear tank, just tons of AOE damage now.

I'm pretty sure at this point that Ask Mr. Robot is completely wrong on stat priority for Druid tanks. It would have me reforging everything to Dodge, which has a horrible conversion rate, and sitting at around 1.5% hit and 2% expertise. I find it much better to be at hit and expertise cap and prioritize Stamina and Mastery. The rate of return from passive mitigation just isn't there, compared to the active cooldown management using Rage.. and the most efficient way to improve Rage generation now is to make sure that all of your melee strikes land.

Sethos

Banned
Wut, did Direbrew yesterday and a trinket drop that I rolled greed on ( Didn't win it ) ... Look in my mailbox this morning to find that trinket

iPiHbWKMWdu3H.png

Wut?

Sarcasm

Wut, did Direbrew yesterday and a trinket drop that I rolled greed on ( Didn't win it ) ... Look in my mailbox this morning to find that trinket

iPiHbWKMWdu3H.png

Wut?

Did you leave without seeing who won it? If you did that and won it - it gets mailed to you.

Is there a guide to this farm thing in valley of winds?

Dresden

I thought Tiger Palm was 1 Chi? And you can get it for free if your mastery procs? My current rotation is Jab -> RSK -> Jab -> Tiger Palm up to 3 stacks of the debuff -> Jab / RSK when that debuff falls off / Tiger Palm when that buff is close to falling off

for WW yeah, but BM gets it for free so they can spam at will.

Yoshichan

Almost maxed out with all of the cooking paths (way of the x) :D Didn't take as long as I think it would!

Rokam

So do the racing dailies just not exist for Order of the Cloud Serpent. Kind of annoying they haven't showed up yet.

Top Bottom