• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Revered with Tillers! Reward? Jack shit!
12 farm spots :D!!!
So do the racing dailies just not exist for Order of the Cloud Serpent. Kind of annoying they haven't showed up yet.
Random day~ keep trying!

sazzy

So just to make sure...

I should only be super concerned about:

1/ JP/VP gear
2/ current ilevel
3/ current spellpower/haste/etc
4/ reputations/mounts/pets

once I am 90 right? [and not before that]

Just making sure :):)

sazzy

So Toys R Us has marked down several PC games to 10 bucks.

If anyone can get me Starcraft 2 it would be much appreciated!

Rokam

I'm reminded of why I hate pvp. I'm not good at it, I'm in a few epic + blue pvp set, still wreck face get the Wrecking Ball achievement, next closest person on the other team has 10 kills. We still lose. This is on Gilneas, I just guarded Lighthouse and kept killing anyone that came out, me and 2 other people were killing 4-5 people. Rest of the team can't cap a base. I finally say fuck it and go to cap Water Works, kill 3 people solo because they don't understand Remorseless Winter. And I look back at lighthouse and see everyone left it after I said I was going to go try and cap WW. Alright fine whatever, call out an inc say I need 1 more person. No one ever comes and we lose the game.

Rant over. Fuck idiotic people!

I would undercut by 100 too if you kept doing that to me. It's annoying as fuck.

It is also a smart way to keep prices from going into the toilet. There is no reason to undercut by a ton of gold when people are just going to buy whatever is cheapest anyway. Whether it is one copper or 500 gold. There is a reason why I have been able to keep prices fairly stable over the last week while other crafted gear has gone into the toilet. Annoying or not, I will take that 15K gold I made overnight from selling a bunch of stuff that took ten minutes to craft.

Also the guy I was referring to was fairly level headed (he messaged me when I got on last night) and we decided to just split who took which piece to sell so our prices could stay high.

Robin64

Who cares if some other guild has managed to clear content already? What they have done doesn't affect anyone else at all. Every single game has the cream of the crop players that do everything really quickly.

Trickster

Am I actually supposed to catch the right ball here? My chat also got spammed to hell and back.

fVto4.jpg

sazzy

So just to make sure...

I should only be super concerned about:

1/ JP/VP gear
2/ current ilevel
3/ current spellpower/haste/etc
4/ reputations/mounts/pets

once I am 90 right? [and not before that]

Just making sure :):)

Anyone? Words of guidance and suggestions?

It's my first expac so getting the hang of it!

Am I actually supposed to catch the right ball here? My chat also got spammed to hell and back.

Yeah that quest is a mess when it is crowded. You should look for the big black shadow that appears after your Serpent throws the ball up and run to it. If you catch it you will then toss it back up and get quest credit.

Trickster

Anyone? Words of guidance and suggestions?

It's my first expac so getting the hang of it!

Words of guidance would be to get to level 90 without worrying about any of the stuff you listed. You can't really do anything wrong while leveling.

Once you hit 90. Start checking what kind of faction rewards the different factions have. Start reading up on your class/spec and see what kind of stats are best for that etc.

Yeah that quest is a mess when it is crowded. You should look for the big black shadow that appears after your Serpent throws the ball up and run to it. If you catch it you will then toss it back up and get quest credit.

Yeah I figured out how it works, seems buggy though, sometimes the dragon doesn't get the ball and you have to throw it again, really annoying since I kinda wanted to go for the achievement. Also, you can just go to a place with less people and do it. The chat spam was really annoying though.

Raskett

I was wondering what myself and a couple of friends (Mage, Warlock, Druid) would be able to complete at level 85 and at level 90. Any BC, WOTLK or Cata 10/25 mans?

I need to convince my friends to re-sub and this would prove particularly interesting! Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Yeah I figured out how it works, seems buggy though, sometimes the dragon doesn't get the ball and you have to throw it again, really annoying since I kinda wanted to go for the achievement. Also, you can just go to a place with less people and do it. The chat spam was really annoying though.

The best is when your dragon goes to the previous location you tossed to because he gets bugged out.

I was wondering what myself and a couple of friends (Mage, Warlock, Druid) would be able to complete at level 85 and at level 90. Any BC, WOTLK or Cata 10/25 mans?

I need to convince my friends to re-sub and this would prove particularly interesting! Any advice would be very much appreciated.

You really should have no issue going back to see most of those raids. Cata stuff might be a little more dicey with a group that size, but I have not checked any of it out yet at 90. I never saw Firelands though so I am hoping I can get some friends together to go back and check out the 10 man.

Raskett

You really should have no issue going back to see most of those raids. Cata stuff might be a little more dicey with a group that size, but I have not checked any of it out yet at 90. I never saw Firelands though so I am hoping I can get some friends together to go back and check out the 10 man.

Thanks Evil Benius! That's what I was hoping. Much appreciated!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Is it just me or are windwalkers fucking atrocious in PvP? It just feels like I'm weaker than the other classes.

I have a tough time as a Monk in PvP in general. I venture to say it's because I'm not using all of my control abilities (since as a tank, most bosses are immune to them and therefore I have no twitch action on them).

Irnbru

Anyone else try the first raid boss? Fuck amethyst! We thought raids would be 2 heal tailored, but my partner and I were pulling 120k combined hps and it still wasn't enough, its pretty nuts.

You either get there via a quest chain or by swimming from Krasarang Wilds.

It's a long swim.

As soon as I hit 87, I ventured north to get the questline to open up the Vale of Eternal Blossoms. It was a long and dangerous voyage, and felt weird to travel somewhere without a breadcrumb quest, but I think this is exactly what Blizzard was talking about when they said they wanted to make an expansion about exploration and adventure.

Make the swim :)

Sethos

Banned
Why didn't I level up my DK, why I tells ya' ?

I just got him to 87 and at 86 I did the brewery ... I was hitting 35k DPS which was only 10k behind a level 90, I was way, way ahead of my level equals.

I forgot how insane DKs are, especially at AoE. Questing is super easy, 2-3 massive burst hits and a mob goes down in 3 seconds.

Miragith

I'm reminded of why I hate pvp. I'm not good at it, I'm in a few epic + blue pvp set, still wreck face get the Wrecking Ball achievement, next closest person on the other team has 10 kills. We still lose. This is on Gilneas, I just guarded Lighthouse and kept killing anyone that came out, me and 2 other people were killing 4-5 people. Rest of the team can't cap a base. I finally say fuck it and go to cap Water Works, kill 3 people solo because they don't understand Remorseless Winter. And I look back at lighthouse and see everyone left it after I said I was going to go try and cap WW. Alright fine whatever, call out an inc say I need 1 more person. No one ever comes and we lose the game.

Rant over. Fuck idiotic people!

PvP with me! Just got to hit 90 first :(.

Bizazedo

So where do I grind the stuff to get the expansions version of aeonaxx?

Really rare in the Vale and unsure on the re-spawn time. Might not be as bad as Aeonaxx or TLPD.

Two questions for the smarter than Biz people here.

1). Blingtron, is he a waste?

2). Sha of Anger, really badly designed world boss? Or is it just me. Just zerg rush his ass down.

scoobs

Really rare in the Vale and unsure on the re-spawn time. Might not be as bad as Aeonaxx or TLPD.

Two questions for the smarter than Biz people here.

1). Blingtron, is he a waste?

2). Sha of Anger, really badly designed world boss? Or is it just me. Just zerg rush his ass down.

I've seen the rare twice now. The drop rates on the 10 things u need are the rarest part of it all. I have been dailies for a couple days and haven't gotten my first one yet. Something tells me the hardest part of getting this mount will be the grind to 10 of those items.

1) It would seem so

2) It has to be easy because they want everyone to be able to kill it.

Garryk

Why is golden lotus so hard to find ;_;

I got the zen alchemist stone quest right off the bat in Jade Forest, but I'm stuck at 2/3 GL for three zones.

Ultratech

I've seen the rare twice now. The drop rates on the 10 things u need are the rarest part of it all. I have been dailies for a couple days and haven't gotten my first one yet. Something tells me the hardest part of getting this mount will be the grind to 10 of those items.

I've read that the respawn on it isn't too bad, only like a few hours.

Granted, it's a bit of a moot point if you got it now, since you'd need Cloud Serpent riding and Exalted with The August Celestials to even use it.

Eh, they could do like they did with the Vanilla world bosses and do like a Mark of Death, so you couldn't zerg rush.

Speaking of, I did Sha of Anger yesterday and won Yaungol Slayer's Gloves. You can also loot a quest item off the boss and get some nice boots. Here's what I got: Treads of Ardent Antagonism.

Also managed to get the rare Quilen in the Vale. Was a pain to track since it runs into phasing issues if you haven't started the Golden Lotus quests.

I got the red one:

TheExodu5

Banned
Jab is a bad use of energy for Brewmasters. It's 40 energy for 1 chi (sometimes 2 if you talent power strikes which you should). Keg Smash is 40 energy for 2 chi, a debuff, and aoe threat. Expel Harm is 40 energy for 1 chi and a heal.

There will be plenty of times that you have enough energy to jab, but you are better off waiting for keg smash or expel harm if they will be up soon. Meanwhile, you should be tiger palming whenever you have a GCD free.

Attaching jab to a tiger palm macro is bad because you there are times you will want to tiger palm without wasting energy on jab.

It's only worth using jab if you are going to energy cap, or if you really need chi *right now* to do something.

In other news, Brewmaster tanking is a blast.

Edit: To be clear, you don't *need* to use tiger palm whenever you have a GCD free. You only need to use it 3 times before every guard, meaning 3 times every 30 seconds (at most). The reason it's encouraged to use it as often as you can fit it in is because it's free damage. May also be able to proc Gift of the Ox orbs but I'm not 100% on that.

Won't you cap on energy if you're not using Jab?

Dresden

Is it just me or are windwalkers fucking atrocious in PvP? It just feels like I'm weaker than the other classes.

They're basically stuck in the wrong game pvp-wise. Too active, damage isn't that good, and their ranged root/gap closers need to be manually aimed. Fun in dungeons, but it just doesn't work well in pvp.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Won't you cap on energy if you're not using Jab?

Yes, which is why you SHOULD use Jab and it's NOT a waste of energy. You also need to keep Tiger Palm at 3 stacks to get the bonus Guard boost (I don't remember what it's called). Never pop guard without 3 stacks of that buff.

You should make sure that buff is at 3 stacks, which means you may need to TP at 3 stacks of bonus damage buff.

You should Jab when KS is on CD to make sure you never sit at full energy.

E: You want those auto-attacks, too. Gotta get Elusive Brew stacks up for those clutch moments. But never sit at full energy, haha.

Entropia

No One Remembers

There's really no other way they could've designed the new world bosses. Like someone said, Old bosses gave debuffs that prevented them from being zerg-able, but given that they're more open and more people are playing, they're intended to just be mostly mindlessly zerged down./

Kletian

I got the zen alchemist stone quest right off the bat in Jade Forest, but I'm stuck at 2/3 GL for three zones.

Do you have Spirit of harmonies you dont need? 1 of those buys you 3 Lotus's at the Vale Hub city.

Entropia

No One Remembers

Ghostcrawler tweeted earlier this morning that they think the Lotus are too rare so they may adjust those soon.

Bizazedo

Ghostcrawler tweeted earlier this morning that they think the Lotus are too rare so they may adjust those soon.

......they better crank out more content quick.

[edit]

I know, I know, there's so much already. And there is. I agree. There's a ton. On a lot of fronts, Blizzard did a great job...but...

A LOT of it is very easy and will only get easier as people overgear it.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
......they better crank out more content quick.

[edit]

I know, I know, there's so much already. And there is. I agree. There's a ton. On a lot of fronts, Blizzard did a great job...but...

A LOT of it is very easy and will only get easier as people overgear it.

Mogu'shan Vaults stats from Wowprogress.com (how many guilds IN THE WORLD have cleared said content):

6/6 = 1
5/6 = 2
4/6 = 116
3/6 = ~84

I know it's only day 1, but I'm going to guess that the content will last a while given heroics haven't even been touched (and won't be until normals are cleared enough to gear up accordingly).

Top Bottom