• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Enosh

was told to go primary dps before mist, did sha s dps, got the sha quest reward for dps (can you repeat that one btw?), spend my first valor stuff on dps neck, have some 464ilvl dps stuff and 458 tanking
"yo bro, you tanking tonight"

heh

anyway, was just an unofficial raid anyway, first real one starts next week, got our ass kicked by the stone guard (20ish something best attempt), but like said had a lot of people under 460 ilvl, I had to main tank and call out taunts (I am bad at multitasking), so meh, should be down friday I think

Sha is around 2 hours. Maybe 2 hours and 5-6 minutes. Have no clue on Warband, haven't seen him up at all.

And Mists "heroics" are certainly easier than Wrath heroics. Maybe people don't remember, but Wrath heroics were actually a decent challenge in entry-level gear. I geared up in normals/crafted for a good while before stepping foot in a heroic. Halls of Lightning anyone?

Ahn'Kahet had some decently hard trash packs, and even in full ToC raid gear in 3.3, Halls of Reflection was fairly hard.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Sha is around 2 hours. Maybe 2 hours and 5-6 minutes. Have no clue on Warband, haven't seen him up at all.

And Mists "heroics" are certainly easier than Wrath heroics. Maybe people don't remember, but Wrath heroics were actually a decent challenge in entry-level gear. I geared up in normals/crafted for a good while before stepping foot in a heroic. Halls of Lightning anyone?

Ahn'Kahet had some decently hard trash packs, and even in full ToC raid gear in 3.3, Halls of Reflection was fairly hard.

Halls of Lightning and Oculus(if only because of the stupid vehicle mechanics) were challenging.

Draxal

Yeah, the casters in Ahn'Kahet could easily gib an ungeared tank. However, Naxx 10 was so easy to beat and gear up from, while the initial gearing in BC was no where near as fast.

Sarcasm

What did people spend points on as a prot pally? I am for sure going for judging giving me increased speed and adding a slow plus sacred shield...but what else?

JCizzle

Yeah, the casters in Ahn'Kahet could easily gib an ungeared tank. However, Naxx 10 was so easy to beat and gear up from, while the initial gearing in BC was no where near as fast.

They could gib a geared one as well since the cast was % based I believe. The cast was like 15 seconds long though, so... :p

However, aside from some a few outliers like them and Loken (and the whirlwind trash leading to him), for the most part WotLK heroics were pretty manageable in PuG groups. I'd say Occulus sucks and doesn't deserve a mention, and Halls of Reflection was a terrible design IMO since it tried to promote CC... but didn't give you a chance to actually, you know, coordinate it!

Someone spoil the Horde quests leading up to Vale of Eternal Blossoms for me. For Alliance it's just
Chase Prince Anduin there, convincing pandas to ally with you on the way
From the Horde opening film it looks like the Orcs have less reason to find allies on the continent.

Fjordson

Holy shit. Just saw someone on this like giant flying serpent mount. Where do I get this?

Probably like a .00003% drop rate from the toughest raid boss =[

Rokam

Holy shit. Just saw someone on this like giant flying serpent mount. Where do I get this?

Probably like a .00003% drop rate from the toughest raid boss =[

Order of the Serpent Riders dailies in Jade Forest, need to be 90. And on the topic of that only 10 eggs left to gather for exalted hooray!

TheYanger

Someone spoil the Horde quests leading up to Vale of Eternal Blossoms for me. For Alliance it's just
Chase Prince Anduin there, convincing pandas to ally with you on the way
From the Horde opening film it looks like the Orcs have less reason to find allies on the continent.

Vale? involves proving your worth to Xuen at the white tiger temple. I thought it was the same for both, cause Varian is there.

Just finished our first raid of the Xpac, 4 bosses down and a few pulls on elegon, fun instance! I like all 4 so far, though the Stone Guard is kind of jokemode easy I guess that's to be expected at this point. Feng and The Spirit Kings especially were loads of fun.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Barely any sleep today. Oh well.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Are professions as bad as Cata launch? I remember grinding my ass off for the "Epic" JC ring at launch and replacing it with something from a normal 5 man.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Hmm, they decreased the spawn timer of Galleon apparently! (Listening to Kripps stream)

bNOxz.jpg

Teletraan1

Banned
Just use Mass Rez instead.

Yeah I thought of that after my rant and felt stupid. But really a guild perk shouldn't be the fix. Its just so unnecessary and some people just stand in things that kill them or are fooling the ilvl requirements so badly that they die 2x in less then 10m. Just fed up with the randoms I guess. Cant even think strait after what feels like babysitting abusive people for a few hours.

Yoshichan

That would be really dumb of Blizz if they actually did that. World bosses aren't fun if I can never do them.
Decreased, not increased :3 He spawns more frequently.

ampere

We worked on Feng tonight, had 2 of our good dps out and the fill-ins did 20k... (11k below me as a tank)

Hit the enrage with everyone alive, so that was depressing, but at the same time we know we can kill it with our better dps players.

And holy shit at Chi Torpedo healing as a Brewmaster. 1 torpedo through the group during a non nullified epicenter would heal for up to 500k. Same with some Zen Sphere detonates

Tarazet

You are now able to obtain a VP item from the various factions at Honored, but not all of them.

I noticed that I could get a neck at the Klaxxi Quartermaster, and I got to Honored with them just by clearing the Dread Wastes storyline. Still grinding out VP so I can afford it, got 775 so far. Basically cleared every Heroic once now, not one piece of loot for me today in 4 heroics and 4 scenarios.

Our Warrior was shocked that at ilvl 455, I had close to 450K hit points. The Stamina wrist enchants from LW give you 750 Stam this time around!!

Leveling some alts super fast with guild perks + all the heirlooms including the legs. If a dungeon has quests that I haven't done yet, it's like 2 levels guaranteed.

Robin64

Not sure I like such a fast spawn time on world bosses. Suddenly they become less special. I'm pretty sure that Kazzak's spawn timer was a lot bigger, say.

Yoshichan

Met a bad mannered hunter at my farming spot and I ended up ignoring him. I felt sorry after a couple of minutes and unignored and told him I didn't wanna fight, he also apologized and now we're good friends :D

♥

Sethos

Banned
Okay so my shitty hunter got a demotion, however I found a purpose for him: Drake of the north wind farming! woop.

Want that mount so bad, best looking mount in the whole damn game and second is the netherwing mount.

Fjordson

Damn! Scarlet Halls isn't fucking around! I was listening to music ready to spam surging mist and basically go through on auto-pilot like most dungeons when I'm leveling, but people started dying on the first pull. I actually had to try really hard to get through that which was refreshing.

Okay so my shitty hunter got a demotion, however I found a purpose for him: Drake of the north wind farming! woop.

Want that mount so bad, best looking mount in the whole damn game and second is the netherwing mount.
I hear that man. I'm still doing TB dailies just because of that mount. Only a few more days. Same goes for the Molten Front dailies. I want that Flameward Hippogryph.

Sethos

Banned
I hear that man. I'm still doing TB dailies just because of that mount. Only a few more days. Same goes for the Molten Front dailies. I want that Flameward Hippogryph.

I was thinking of just farming TB but man, just too much effort. I can run a Vortex pinnacle in about 4-5 minutes and at a 1% droprate I have a fairly good chance of getting one. TB you need both exhalted and lots and lots of dailies / wins. Plus the TB version is red / has red armour :p With that said I'm at 29 kills so far ...

mclem

Unofficial experimental raid yesterday, and one boss down. Stone Guard was interestingly tough for reasons beyond the actual mechanics of the fight - we were pretty undergeared (455ish, I think. I personally - as MT - was on 453).

The fight's unusual in that the mechanics aren't *too* complicated, but it was kinda tough on me given that I had to call swaps, avoid stuff, and *still* nail a tanking survival rotation that's considerably more complex than I'm used to! Got it on the last pull of the night - some of the trash had respawned (we only got away with an extra go because we took ages on the big trash dogs, leaving a gap in the respawns!)

Even then we hit the enrage timer and had a mad scramble for the last 500k or so!

mclem

What did people spend points on as a prot pally? I am for sure going for judging giving me increased speed and adding a slow plus sacred shield...but what else?

I don't rate the slow outside of PvP. I went for Fist of Justice: Greater range and shorter cooldown on stun is awesome. Plus it gives us effectively an extra interrupt on some mobs.

You're absolutely right to go for Sacred Shield; while they've broadly done a good job keeping the talents good choices, that one's an utter no-brainer, it's essential! Get used to keeping it up, as well. Refreshing it after a really big hit is effective, since it scales with Vengeance; it did wonders on Deathwing when used just after impale!

Speedups are a matter of taste, really; I went for the HP-based one.

Unbreakable Spirit's my talent of choice at the 60 level; having emergency cooldowns back up more quickly is no bad thing. That said, both other skills are likely to be useful in certain situations; think about swapping on occasion.

At 75, Holy Avenger's my preferred option, although I'm not actually particularly good at using it yet. For one thing it effectively acts as a cooldown, giving you a period of much longer Shield of the Righteous uptime. On top of that, though, it gives you a chance to build Bastion of Glory stacks very rapidly, meaning you can have a hefty self-heal at your disposal before too long.

90 is again a matter of taste. Top DPS - and therefore threat - is without a doubt Execution Sentence, but it's worth pointing out that it's not actually all that good from a survival standpoint, given the slow ramp-up of healing; generally if you're healing yourself, that's because you need that health *now*. Light's Hammer is too fiddly for my tastes; it requires a second click to *place* the hammer and that's beyond me until the actual priority queue is second-nature, which won't be until I've had a lot more practice! That said, it's quite a nice raid survival CD, at least by a tank's standard; I've seen it described as a mini-tranquility. Holy Prism... I've never used. Probably good, probably not *all* that great for personal survival. Might experiment with it should I hit a fight with unavoidable damage on the melee dps.

Are there any views from Druid tanks? I saw a comment on Twitter to the effect that it felt like the druid tank designer rolled a paladin and the paladin tank designer rolled a druid; the druid rotation is apparently now a bit of a snoozefest, while the pally one is JOHN F'IN MADDEN. About right?

Edit: Also, has there been any concrete statements from blues one way or the other on the Ghost Iron Dragonling? It, frankly, seems way too good to be true; awesome engineering trinket loadable with nice cogwheels but usable by non-engineers.

Should be able to do the Reins of the Vitreous Stone Drake (Stonecore) run in my sleep now, right?

Yeah, it's pretty snoozy. Ran it twice today for kicks just specced Frost (DK) and it was no problem. Gear inflation is insane.

And I'm sick of monks already. In dungeons (and PvP) they keep rolling all the fucking time making it impossible to keep up. Has to be one of the best movement abilities in the game, if not the best.

PvP, though I've really only done it vs. low level monks, but I've been playing a completely decked out rogue (every slot of heirlooms), but the channeled heal is annoying as hell. Lasts forever and heals so damn much that even if you interrupt, it'll be back up again and healing them to full before you can kill them. Brewmasters are pretty ridiculous too with that barrel throwing shit and stagger. Maybe not as powerful one-on-one as a blood dk, but if they have any heals backing them up, forget ever killing them.

Maybe I'm just bitter after a shitty WSG game where they turtled with 6+ people, a Brewmaster FC and 2+ heals (couldn't kill after even 10+ stacks of the debuff), but yeah. I hate WSG a lot sometimes.

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
Going to level up a warrior as am getting tired of my hunter, so far is allot of fun in a hulk smash sort of way.

The male panda combat animations also help allot.

Trickster

Just lost a 463 ilvl heroic agi polearm to a fucking warrior, fuck this shit. Can't a report that fuck for ninjaing? Because a monk sure as fuck is more suited for it than a warrior.

what a broken loot system

Robin64

They're on about bringing the LFR loot system to Heroics and I really hope they do it soon.

Given we have to fill up every single slot from Heroics to queue for LFR next week, having an item drop that we need only to have it taken by someone who has no use for it (but can roll on it, sigh) is highly frustrating.

Top Bottom