• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Robin64

Yoshi, stay out of the Gaming thread! Look, all the immature "obese kung-fu panda" comments are showing up again. Stay here and snuggle.

I haven't played MoP, but from reading the spell description for this it seems awesome for 2 reasons. A. It sounds like Death and Decay for Paladins (albeit with a long CD) which would be a nice way to get threat on distant mobs that are at the healer/ranged/spawn point B. I'm assuming it does both the healing effect and damage effect at the same time. This would be really practical to drop in the melee group at a moment with lots of adds + damage going around.

You've got it right. It's a really good ability. Completely free, lots of group damage and healing. What's not to like?

Sethos

Banned
At least in that case he probably just wanted them for his off-spec. Having said that I only roll Need on Ret gear if no one else needs it or the tank and myself are they only Plate wearers.

Rolling for off-spec over a main-spec roll is a ninja in my opinion. People like that deserves a kick in their fat ugly face.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
To be fair, the stupid has gotten really strong in the opening days. I had a group of the most annoying children in Scarlet Halls screaming about pulling faster in all caps and constantly telling us about their 1550 rating and how cool it was.

*I'm laughing a little bit reading the blue comments where they're defending things that anyone thinking about it for half a second knows they will just change (i.e. some blue saying to just deal with it that you need 463 to enter LFR, when its a foregone conclusion it will be 458 once people who aren't in forums start attempting to queue and can't and then starting making a lot of noise about it).

Rokal

Any monk vets here?

Brewmaster a viable spec to level at 85-90? Meaning solo.. and not so much instances.

What kind of gear does brew exactly need? Is it similar to a druid agi and dodge gear?

It's viable to level as but you'd certainly kill things faster as WW spec.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
KVRnb.jpg

Angry Grimace

Is the daily quest limit removed yet? 25 dailies a day is finished in like an hour and it blocks all progress, especially if you want to do older content you never finished while keeping relevant on new content you haven't done yet.

It was removed in 5.0.4.

Not only do I hate doing dailies, I hate the fact that all of the dailies are practically the same quest in the same place.

Is the daily quest limit removed yet? 25 dailies a day is finished in like an hour and it blocks all progress, especially if you want to do older content you never finished while keeping relevant on new content you haven't done yet.

It's gone but you may not like what's sprung up in its absence: An endless, mind-crushingly boring grind of dailies that reward very little reputation. Unless you're able to ignore Order of the Cloud Serpent/Tillers/Anglers you're in for hours every day.

Chris R

For what it's worth, I'm in Nagrand right now. I can grab 8+ mobs with ZERO issues. I'm not sure how strong the AoE capabilities of WW are vs Brewmaster. ;)

Basically spamming spinning crane kick over and over :(

Guessing brewmaster has another skill or two for AoE.

Tess3ract

Banned
I really want to finish AT on at least one of my characters, because I want the mounts/pets/tabards but it's such a terrible grind because it takes up most of your daily limit and then you can't do anything but some fishing/cooking quests, then OOPS you hit your dailies limit.

I was like, this is fucking shitty.

Angry Grimace

Dailies suck and are not compelling content in the least. I think you'll see Blizzard move to implement ways to cancel out the daily grind very quickly.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Basically spamming spinning crane kick over and over :(

Guessing brewmaster has another skill or two for AoE.

Eh, Keg Smash for Dizzying Haze + Fire Breath for DoT (must be DH'd to proc) + SCK, haha. Our survivability from Guard + Tiger Palm + self heal buff = bro.

Calibrated

Neo Member
For some reason I thought it would be a good idea to get MoP tonight and get sucked back into WoW...

Its downloading at the moment but I was wondering what server most of EU gaf played on and if there were any casual guilds that I could join in. I haven't played for an awful long time so I'll not be that good but I'll learn!

Also Is it wrong to ask for a scroll of ressurection? I intend to pay for a months play time anyway so you'll get a flying mount for it lol (probably obsolete now...).

To be fair, the stupid has gotten really strong in the opening days. I had a group of the most annoying children in Scarlet Halls screaming about pulling faster in all caps and constantly telling us about their 1550 rating and how cool it was.

*I'm laughing a little bit reading the blue comments where they're defending things that anyone thinking about it for half a second knows they will just change (i.e. some blue saying to just deal with it that you need 463 to enter LFR, when its a foregone conclusion it will be 458 once people who aren't in forums start attempting to queue and can't and then starting making a lot of noise about it).

LOL, bragging about a 1550 rating. That's basically anyone who's somewhat competent at arena (hell, I got one in 2s back in Cata S1 with not the best comp, and not the best partner, going at it more casually.)

Rep change is interesting, to say the least. I kind of like grinding reps, so this takes the challenge out of some of them, but I can't say I won't like the change. For one, it'll make Hydraxian Waterlords that much easier!

It's also a nice change in that while I wouldn't get free exalted reps for characters if I wanted to switch mains, that it would certainly make it that much easier coming off 40+ exalted reps on my DK (though I'd have to give up my now unobtainable Zandalari trolls one).

Definitely the kind of thing that's necessary with how grindy the Mists reps are. I don't look forward to doing Cloud Serpent again after I'm done the first time here. I never usually do dailies on alts besides things like the JC ones.

I think the only other thing that could make me feel like I could truly let go of my DK if I wanted to would be account-wide properties for all the BoP vanity items. Things like the Super Simian Sphere, Hook of the Master Angler, etc.

Yeah, there are some other things like deprecated raid gear (Shifting Sands questline epics, old Onyxia trinket, etc.) and profession recipes that are also deprecated or rare, but those aren't as big a deal. Still saving my Chimaerok Chops recipe for one.

Oh, and I should mention - got lucky doing dailies last night and Ring of the Shipwrecked Prince dropped off a mob in Vale. Free bonus 25k-30k gold right there, seeing as I don't have a caster to make use of it at the moment (not that I would waste it on an alt.)

Yoshi, stay out of the Gaming thread! Look, all the immature "obese kung-fu panda" comments are showing up again. Stay here and snuggle.

I laughed because I almost commented over there then said fuck it. It's like convincing a plate of cookies to turn into roast beef.

Rokal

Fastest way from 80 to 85?

I usually did hyjal,deepholm and dungeons on alts before mop.

Hyjal and Deepholm should get you close to 85 if you are using Cata heirlooms and have the guild exp perk. You can do ~20 quests in TH to cap it off, or dungeons.

Shadow Pan dailies are not appearing after i already did all the quests in Towlong Steppes (One Steppe Forward, Two Steppes Back). Anyone got this problem?

idlewild_

The incoming rep adjustments are pretty nice for alts, but the change to make revered->exalted twice as fast does not make much sense and just seems to point to the revered->exalted grind as being poorly designed.

Angry Grimace

The incoming rep adjustments are pretty nice for alts, but the change to make revered->exalted twice as fast does not make much sense and just seems to point to the revered->exalted grind as being poorly designed.

It isn't limited to MOP rep grinds.

LowParry

I was hoping that tabards were back for rep gains as you went through instances. Ah well. Dailies it is. This expansion has really grown on me. I thought I hate it at first because of the whole "lulz, pandas!" nonsense but I really like the pandas now.

Angry Grimace

Tabards will probably be in as rep-gain once you reach exalted once people realize they don't want to rep grind twice on multiple characters. (all they have to do is make the tabards available at exalted BoA and give rep)

Dresden

Any monk vets here?

Brewmaster a viable spec to level at 85-90? Meaning solo.. and not so much instances.

What kind of gear does brew exactly need? Is it similar to a druid agi and dodge gear?

BM is perfectly viable but the kill speed will slow down a lot as you progress.

Just offspec a Windwalker, they use the same set of gear anyways. WW leveling gets really strong as they scale higher.

Enosh

Fjordson

I'm feeling really stupid right now. Is there a level requirement for the basic PvP trinket? Insignia of the Alliance or whatever. I'm almost positive there isn't (or if there is it isn't very high).

I'm 32 right now on my Monk and none of these vendors in Stormwind that I remember buying it form on my priest have it.

I wonder if there's like some weird thing where monks can't buy this stuff when leveling? I can't buy any of the gear from the Arathi Basin quartermaster either for some reason.

Robin64

I wonder if there's like some weird thing where monks can't buy this stuff when leveling? I can't buy any of the gear from the Arathi Basin quartermaster either for some reason.

It's not related to the new vendor filter system is it? Where it only shows stuff your class can equip by default. Maybe the PvP stuff wasn't tagged as monk, by mistake. Just a guess though!

Fjordson

It's not related to the new vendor filter system is it? Where it only shows stuff your class can equip by default. Maybe the PvP stuff wasn't tagged as monk, by mistake. Just a guess though!
Oh, wow. That might be it. That sucks if so =[ even switching to just the "All" filter doesn't make anything show up so maybe they need to reclassify certain things to include "monk" as a class that can use them.

I want that damn PvP trinket :lol

FLEABttn

Banned
Dailies suck and are not compelling content in the least. I think you'll see Blizzard move to implement ways to cancel out the daily grind very quickly.

Oh yeah, this is already tiring. I'm skipping non-gear factions for now and it's still more than I want to do. Exalted doesn't do anything for me, so I'm thinking about skipping that once I hit revered for most of these, but they had to associate valor points with this crap and I don't want to lose out. Thanks guys.

Angry Grimace

I love how they misled you to believe that "hey you can get valor points for dailies now!" but in reality, they just nerfed the shit out of every other way to get valor so you can't cap without banging your head against the shitty daily wall now.

The only reason people don't list it as a fatal flaw is because the core concept of just running the fucking raid/dungeons still exists. Imagine if they tied running the raids to getting Exalted with August Celestials or something.

Angry Grimace

Another brewmaster question

What's better ? 1h or DW? Does it matter? As long as the stats equate to a 1H?

None of your abilities use weapon damage anyways, from what I gather, so it doesn't make a lot of difference.

FLEABttn

Banned
I love how they misled you to believe that "hey you can get valor points for dailies now!" but in reality, they just nerfed the shit out of every other way to get valor so you can't cap without banging your head against the shitty daily wall now.

Yeah, it's kind of dumb. Heroics used to be a lot more rewarding for valor. Now you're missing out on, what, 75, 100 valor points a day if you don't do the dailies? It was supposed to be an alternative means to getting valor, not the damn near primary way to get it.

Angry Grimace

Yeah, it's kind of dumb. Heroics used to be a lot more rewarding for valor. Now you're missing out on, what, 75, 100 valor points a day if you don't do the dailies? It was supposed to be an alternative means to getting valor, not the damn near primary way to get it.

I mean, for most raiders you can just kill raid bosses, I suppose.

Top Bottom