• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

sazzy

WATER MY HUGE MELONS

WATER MY HUGE MELONS

WATER MY HUGE MELONS

WATER MY HUGE MELONS

How did peeps miss this

I'm drunk tres bien

Finally started getting some Holy Paladin drops last night when I had the chance to run three or four heroics. Had a really good run in the Brewery where my boots and the pretty nice healing cloak dropped (it has an On Use effect that simulates drinking a +1000 Spirit elixir). Still only at 456 iLvl though so I am really going to have to buckle down this weekend to try and hit the LFR requirement. I should be getting close to having enough Valor now though to buy a piece so I need to see which vendors had their requirement dropped to Honored.

JCizzle

They're on about bringing the LFR loot system to Heroics and I really hope they do it soon.

Given we have to fill up every single slot from Heroics to queue for LFR next week, having an item drop that we need only to have it taken by someone who has no use for it (but can roll on it, sigh) is highly frustrating.

Yep :-/ . I love 99% of this expansion - it's outstanding overall. However, my favorite part of the game is LFR and I'm going to be really frustrated if they don't give us a tiny bit of breathing room with these requirements. It has taken me ~4 days of 3-4 heroic runs and doing two sets of dailies to hit 775 valor. I'm still sitting at only ~60% of my gear at 463. Once Coren goes away, it will take a remarkable amount of time to get alts geared for LFR (which isn't even normal mode raiding!). It's aggravating being so entirely dependent on RNG for 95% of gear slots to get into LFR. It's not like valor is super easy to accumulate through normal amounts of playing (non-raiding) anyways. Don't get me wrong, I like having to run heroics to gear up and all that, but asking for nearly 100% luck is excessive IMO.

They don't want raiders to feel 'forced' into LFR... but as it stands now raiders will be the only group of players able to even queue for the first few weeks.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Wonder why they didn't add a Heroic version of it too, given they went for a redesign. One more HC wouldn't have hurt.

Yeah, seems a little strange that they didn't. And one would assume that the re-design may have something to do with Garrosh's upcoming status as raid boss.

Sarcasm

I don't rate the slow outside of PvP. I went for Fist of Justice: Greater range and shorter cooldown on stun is awesome. Plus it gives us effectively an extra interrupt on some mobs.

You're absolutely right to go for Sacred Shield; while they've broadly done a good job keeping the talents good choices, that one's an utter no-brainer, it's essential! Get used to keeping it up, as well. Refreshing it after a really big hit is effective, since it scales with Vengeance; it did wonders on Deathwing when used just after impale!

Speedups are a matter of taste, really; I went for the HP-based one.

Unbreakable Spirit's my talent of choice at the 60 level; having emergency cooldowns back up more quickly is no bad thing. That said, both other skills are likely to be useful in certain situations; think about swapping on occasion.

At 75, Holy Avenger's my preferred option, although I'm not actually particularly good at using it yet. For one thing it effectively acts as a cooldown, giving you a period of much longer Shield of the Righteous uptime. On top of that, though, it gives you a chance to build Bastion of Glory stacks very rapidly, meaning you can have a hefty self-heal at your disposal before too long.

90 is again a matter of taste. Top DPS - and therefore threat - is without a doubt Execution Sentence, but it's worth pointing out that it's not actually all that good from a survival standpoint, given the slow ramp-up of healing; generally if you're healing yourself, that's because you need that health *now*. Light's Hammer is too fiddly for my tastes; it requires a second click to *place* the hammer and that's beyond me until the actual priority queue is second-nature, which won't be until I've had a lot more practice! That said, it's quite a nice raid survival CD, at least by a tank's standard; I've seen it described as a mini-tranquility. Holy Prism... I've never used. Probably good, probably not *all* that great for personal survival. Might experiment with it should I hit a fight with unavoidable damage on the melee dps.

Are there any views from Druid tanks? I saw a comment on Twitter to the effect that it felt like the druid tank designer rolled a paladin and the paladin tank designer rolled a druid; the druid rotation is apparently now a bit of a snoozefest, while the pally one is JOHN F'IN MADDEN. About right?

Edit: Also, has there been any concrete statements from blues one way or the other on the Ghost Iron Dragonling? It, frankly, seems way too good to be true; awesome engineering trinket loadable with nice cogwheels but usable by non-engineers.

THanks, I don't PvP really and I ain't trying to DPS. My main (still lvling) is also a bear tank. So I guess I get to compare.

Paladin: http://www.wowhead.com/talent#leE|

Got Tillers to Revered today! I now have 12 plots and am growing Ghost Iron Ore.

Noticed I was like 100 rep short after the dailies, so I just planted/replanted until I got a couple of bursting crops, which can be harvested immediately. Harvesting crops gives you 55 rep with the guild bonus.

I also have AoE pest sprayers, so I don't have to deal with the crappy one anymore.

Also hit honored with Golden Lotus, but the one quest to get a 440 (lol) ring is broken. Apparently it will work tomorrow once dailies reset. I didn't get the daily that gives you a bag today though for some reason after getting sent to a third hub.

Robin64

Any data yet on the yields of those profession crops?

Edit: Apparently the Songbell Seed is a guaranteed Mote of Harmony each day. Yoink!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Anyone else get affected by the weather in WoW like I do? I RealID switch myself to the realms that have good weather so that my mood gets better... I think I'm getting addicted to this world :lol

Neki

Anyone else get affected by the weather in WoW like I do? I RealID switch myself to the realms that have good weather so that my mood gets better... I think I'm getting addicted to this world :lol

How do you do this? and how many eggs do I need to go from revered to exalted with cloud serpent?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
How do you do this? and how many eggs do I need to go from revered to exalted with cloud serpent?
I have RealID friends from different servers. I ask them what their weather is like, and then join them :3 I don't remember how many eggs you need, sorry.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Got Tillers to Revered today! I now have 12 plots and am growing Ghost Iron Ore.

Noticed I was like 100 rep short after the dailies, so I just planted/replanted until I got a couple of bursting crops, which can be harvested immediately. Harvesting crops gives you 55 rep with the guild bonus.

I also have AoE pest sprayers, so I don't have to deal with the crappy one anymore.

Also hit honored with Golden Lotus, but the one quest to get a 440 (lol) ring is broken. Apparently it will work tomorrow once dailies reset. I didn't get the daily that gives you a bag today though for some reason after getting sent to a third hub.

Whoa wait, what? Busting Crops?! I've never noticed those before. :(

I hit revered this morning before work as well but had to leave before Fellreed finished fixing the wagon. I guess I'll be planting Songbell Seeds tonight! :3

Seems you only get 1 single mote per plant. But if you don't care for cooking and such, that means you can get 16 motes a day at Exalted.

Yoshichan

So close to finishing the cooking quest 'To Be a Master' ,_,

Yoshichan

Damn man, that's a lot of effort. I'm working on Way of the Pot, but I need ~250 Carrots to get to 600 lol
Not that much effort, but time, rather!!

Kpop in the background helped me alot during the farm :3

Ultratech

Not sure I like such a fast spawn time on world bosses. Suddenly they become less special. I'm pretty sure that Kazzak's spawn timer was a lot bigger, say.

Kazzak's was something like 4-6 days, IIRC. Only reason I remember that is because I farmed him for pants. All for that purple/gold Dragonstalker set...

I was thinking of just farming TB but man, just too much effort. I can run a Vortex pinnacle in about 4-5 minutes and at a 1% droprate I have a fairly good chance of getting one. TB you need both exhalted and lots and lots of dailies / wins. Plus the TB version is red / has red armour :p With that said I'm at 29 kills so far ...

The red one comes from Glory of the Cataclysm Raider.

The TB one is a weird yellow color with some red armor. It's a spiffy looking mount, but it's got weird colorization, IMO.

That said, I still grinded for it when TB on my server was actually going places.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
90 is again a matter of taste. Top DPS - and therefore threat - is without a doubt Execution Sentence, but it's worth pointing out that it's not actually all that good from a survival standpoint, given the slow ramp-up of healing; generally if you're healing yourself, that's because you need that health *now*. Light's Hammer is too fiddly for my tastes; it requires a second click to *place* the hammer and that's beyond me until the actual priority queue is second-nature, which won't be until I've had a lot more practice! That said, it's quite a nice raid survival CD, at least by a tank's standard; I've seen it described as a mini-tranquility. Holy Prism... I've never used. Probably good, probably not *all* that great for personal survival. Might experiment with it should I hit a fight with unavoidable damage on the melee dps.
I haven't played MoP, but from reading the spell description for this it seems awesome for 2 reasons. A. It sounds like Death and Decay for Paladins (albeit with a long CD) which would be a nice way to get threat on distant mobs that are at the healer/ranged/spawn point B. I'm assuming it does both the healing effect and damage effect at the same time. This would be really practical to drop in the melee group at a moment with lots of adds + damage going around.

Whoa wait, what? Busting Crops?! I've never noticed those before. :(

I hit revered this morning before work as well but had to leave before Fellreed finished fixing the wagon. I guess I'll be planting Songbell Seeds tonight! :3

Seems you only get 1 single mote per plant. But if you don't care for cooking and such, that means you can get 16 motes a day at Exalted.

Bursting crops are kinda rare, I mean there's like 8 different other kinds you can get and I think bursting has a lower chance generally. I don't have any hard data. It's really not worth the effort grinding for them though unless you're on the brink of a rep precipice like I was. It'd be faster to either just kill stuff to get a token for the crop you want, or farm ore/herbs/whatever.

Also news:

2.7 Million Copies of MoP Sold. Also passes the 10 Million subscribers mark again.

Not as well as the previous two expansions, but still pretty good. I think the number could have been higher if a couple things were different (pandas, main villain, 10+ month content gap), but all things considered, it's definitely a solid expansion.

I'd have to rank it above Cataclysm right now (below BC and Wrath still), but mostly because Cataclysm loses a ton of points for a variety of reasons (which I shouldn't have to take the time to mention.)

It'd be hard to beat Wrath or BC for me, but if things stay fresh for the rest of the xpac, I could see it at least tying, possibly beating BC (since I wasn't playing then, so I don't have extreme nostalgia for it.)

Tarazet

Are there any views from Druid tanks? I saw a comment on Twitter to the effect that it felt like the druid tank designer rolled a paladin and the paladin tank designer rolled a druid; the druid rotation is apparently now a bit of a snoozefest, while the pally one is JOHN F'IN MADDEN. About right?

Yes, the Druid rotation is GCD locked now and fairly repetitive, like the Paladin was before 5.0. There is a difference though, in that you have a choice of 3 things you can do with your built-up Rage, all of them off the GCD: you can self-heal (FR), you can throw up a Dodge buff (SD), or you can throw in a Maul every 3 seconds. Another difference is that unlike Paladins, Haste only affects your melee attack speed and doesn't help speed up the GCD or cooldowns. It's still extremely useful for rage generation, but you're just not going to notice it as much.

Any other crafters noticing a decline in the sales of crafted PvP gear? Today has definitely been the slowest day I have seen by far. I think now that the PvP vendors are out there and the changes to JP gear there is not as much of a market for paying cash for PvP gear or needing it to fill slots for PvE. I am not quite ready to panic and do a fire sale on my remaining stock, but I am getting ready to move out of the market and into other money making ventures.

should i switch zones in mop as soon as i hit the next level or should i continue question (just got 86)?

That probably depends on how crowded the zones are these days and how much of a rush you are in to get to 90. Normally I like to see a zone through to the end, but you will be getting less XP per hour that way. I do however recommend going to Townlong Steppes and Dread Wastes as soon as you hit 88/89 though so you can get as much of the proper iLvl gear that you need for Heroics from the quests there.

So I haven't played in a really long time. Would it be fine to purchase some of the content now and start a new character? I can't buy all of the xpacs cuz I'm broke right now.

strafer

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!

Earning reputation with various factions has long been an important part to World of Warcraft and as time has gone on, we've made tweaks and changes to the system to make it more interesting and to give players access to unique items. For example, we recently hotfixed the game to apply a change to some reputation items which you can read about in our recently updated blog that allows players to purchase certain items much sooner. And we're not done!

Coming in a future patch, earning reputation is going to become much more fluid. Basically, once one of your characters has reached at least Revered reputation with a faction, all other characters on the same Battle.net account will then earn reputation with the same faction at twice the rate. Going one step further, and as an added bonus, your main character who reached Revered will also begin to earn double the reputation as he or she climbs to Exalted.

Here's a simplified break down:

Any single character earns Revered reputation with a faction
All other characters on the Battle.net account begin to earn double reputation for that one same faction
The Revered character earns double reputation as he or she works toward Exalted
???
Profit
We’ll keep you posted as this change is closer to being implemented. In the meantime, we’d love to hear your feedback!

Berordn

So I haven't played in a really long time. Would it be fine to purchase some of the content now and start a new character? I can't buy all of the xpacs cuz I'm broke right now.

If you own the base game, you now have Classic, The Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King. All five races introduced after launch are also available to all players now. Until you buy Cataclysm you'd be locked out from Archaeology (consider yourself blessed) and leveling from 80 to 85, as well as all the dungeons and battlegrounds that come with them. Until you buy Mists of Pandaria you'd be locked out from creating a monk or leveling from 85 to 90 in Pandaria, plus all those new dungeons and battlegrounds as well.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!

I'd have been content if they just made Cloud Serpent Riding account-wide. I guess this is okay too.

If you own the base game, you now have Classic, The Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King. All five races introduced after launch are also available to all players now. Until you buy Cataclysm you'd be locked out from Archaeology (consider yourself blessed) and leveling from 80 to 85, as well as all the dungeons and battlegrounds that come with them. Until you buy Mists of Pandaria you'd be locked out from creating a monk or leveling from 85 to 90 in Pandaria, plus all those new dungeons and battlegrounds as well.

Hmm ok thank you. I'm guessing there is still a gaf guild going strong? Or does everyone have their own guilds they play in? I want to get back into this game because of the good memories I have, and I want something familiar that I don't have to do a ton of learning.

As someone who is leveling 6 characters to 90 and someone who is leveling a ton of city rep for crusader on a Scroll of Resurrection paladin (meaning most reps are way behind his level), that's awesome news. Hopefully that comes with the next major patch.

Any monk vets here?

Brewmaster a viable spec to level at 85-90? Meaning solo.. and not so much instances.

What kind of gear does brew exactly need? Is it similar to a druid agi and dodge gear?

Chris R

Any monk vets here?

Brewmaster a viable spec to level at 85-90? Meaning solo.. and not so much instances.

What kind of gear does brew exactly need? Is it similar to a druid agi and dodge gear?

If you are questing you will get gear for your spec so don't worry too much about it. I haven't tried Brewmaster yet but I haven't had an issue with the DPS spec leveling without instances so far.

Teletraan1

Banned
Just lost a 463 ilvl heroic agi polearm to a fucking warrior, fuck this shit. Can't a report that fuck for ninjaing? Because a monk sure as fuck is more suited for it than a warrior.

what a broken loot system

I thought they were going to fix that in MoP. Shame on them for not fixing it. Every piece of loot should just be tagged with which classes can use it to stop the dumb ninjas. They only ninja because they are trying to fool a ilvl requirement that the game has. The ilvl requirements should be based off of equipped items and not be fooled by a priest with gear in their bag that does them no good when they get in the instance. It would cut down on a lot of ninjas but not all. Some people need just to sell or be an asshole. I remember people in LFR with heroic DS gear needing on raid finder gear. This is one of the worst gaming communities going and blizzard needs some checks and balances. I quit for months because I grew tired of dealing with other people in this game and its happening again.

Berordn

They only ninja because they are trying to fool a ilvl requirement that the game has. The ilvl requirements should be based off of equipped items and not be fooled by a priest with gear in their bag that does them no good when they get in the instance..

They are, now. People are still just dicks.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Any monk vets here?

Lots and lots of agi gear.

And while I'm only 67, I've done instances and lots of questing. I can tell you that you will not have problems leveling at all.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yup, a Pally healer ninjaed some strength pants off me in Scarlet Monastery the other day too. Ninjaing is as big of a problem as ever.

Yup, a Pally healer ninjaed some strength pants off me in Scarlet Monastery the other day too. Ninjaing is as big of a problem as ever.

At least in that case he probably just wanted them for his off-spec. Having said that I only roll Need on Ret gear if no one else needs it or the tank and myself are they only Plate wearers.

Top Bottom