• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
lvl 450 items from certain factions

I'm still wondering... why 450? Why not making them the same item lvl as what drops in heroics? It's almost pointless to buy that bracer or that cloak when you know something better will drop in a heroic. It's only good to replace a quest item until that happen.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Yoshichan! YOu weren't on this morning ;;

Looks like I will be getting exalted with the Tillers tomorrow! I had one of those "Vote" mini questlines come up. It kinda sucks that you have to put away 3-4 slots on your farm to be able to do the plant/harvest part of it though.

Yoshichan! YOu weren't on this morning ;;

Looks like I will be getting exalted with the Tillers tomorrow! I had one of those "Vote" mini questlines come up. It kinda sucks that you have to put away 3-4 slots on your farm to be able to do the plant/harvest part of it though.

Yeah those slots are reserved for motes dammit. Speaking of which it is nice to finally be able to count on making a Spirit of Harmony a day at the minimum. I am trying mto decide if it is still worth trying to craft another Holy Paladin epic for sale after my last one sold fairly quickly for about 22K profit. I am not sure how large the market for them is now that LFR is open with equivalent gear and people are starting to have a decent amount of VP.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Decided to do some of today's Cloud Serpent quests this morning before work, and lo and behold the 1 egg I would need to guarantee exalted today happened to spawn as I flew by.

One daily hub done, about 6 more to go.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Man talk about willpower. I quit playing last night because I had to get up for work with 8% to go until 90.

Soon.
Good job!!

Entropia

No One Remembers
Decided to do some of today's Cloud Serpent quests this morning before work, and lo and behold the 1 egg I would need to guarantee exalted today happened to spawn as I flew by.

One daily hub done, about 6 more to go.

I haven't touched those dailies yet. Thankfully, I don't really consider them "necessary", nor do I have as much fun as I do with the Tillers. Sadly though, I think I will need them for when I want to use any Glory mount that I may get lol

I haven't touched those dailies yet. Thankfully, I don't really consider them "necessary", nor do I have as much fun as I do with the Tillers. Sadly though, I think I will need them for when I want to use any Glory mount that I may get lol

Yeah I have pushed all "cosmetic" reputations on the back burner until I get the gear related ones done. Cloud Serpent, Anglers, and anything beyond Revered can wait for now.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Yeah I have pushed all "cosmetic" reputations on the back burner until I get the gear related ones done. Cloud Serpent, Anglers, and anything beyond Revered can wait for now.

I seem to only do Golden Lotus and Tillers dailies daily. I do the August Celestial ones now too that they've opened up, I haven't done the Shado Pan ones in the two days I've had them open.

Anglers I do like every other day. I despise the Klaxxi ones :(

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

I'm kind of the opposite. Gear is always transitory and replaceable. Shit that looks cool doesn't stop looking cool.

mclem

Also, SYMBIOSIS 2 SECOND CAST! Thank God! So ridiculous that it's a 6 sec cast time right now!

One of these days I'll spend some time figuring out who the hell should *get* Symbiosis. The only conclusion I've come to thus far is "not me". I don't really see any use for Wrath in my rotation; it won't help my active mitigation, and it'll only generate a little threat.

The simming should be intrigiuing, since it basically requires two distinct sims for every class/spec depending on whether it's available or not.

Ultratech

I seem to only do Golden Lotus and Tillers dailies daily. I do the August Celestial ones now too that they've opened up, I haven't done the Shado Pan ones in the two days I've had them open.

Anglers I do like every other day. I despise the Klaxxi ones :(

Yeah, lately I've just been doing Cloud Serpent and Tillers...need to hop on those others, but I don't really feel like it. Almost done with Cloud Serpents, just need another day or two and I'm finished. (Getting ~1650 rep a day now.)

I'll probably start on Klaxxi and Golden Lotus again once I get my mount. That or level my Mage and Druid.

Also...I guess they hotfixed Wild Pets on the Veiled Stair. Used to be an awesome place to go and get some Lv24 Pets easily with a weak team since you could 3v1 them, but now every battle has a group of 3. :(

http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/90899-darkmoon-whistle

Use: Make a loud, annoying sound, startling everyone within 30 yards. (30 min cooldown)

Imagine if the noise is the NPCscan horn.

God. As somebody who (sucessfully) farmed Time-Lost Proto Drake, Aeonaxx, and Poseidus for months, that sound gives me nightmares and nearly induces a heart attack every time I hear it.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Adele saved me from killing myself from these dailies ♥

Entropia

No One Remembers
Yeah, lately I've just been doing Cloud Serpent and Tillers...need to hop on those others, but I don't really feel like it. Almost done with Cloud Serpents, just need another day or two and I'm finished. (Getting ~1650 rep a day now.)

I'll probably start on Klaxxi and Golden Lotus again once I get my mount. That or level my Mage and Druid.

Also...I guess they hotfixed Wild Pets on the Veiled Stair. Used to be an awesome place to go and get some Lv24 Pets easily with a weak team since you could 3v1 them, but now every battle has a group of 3. :(

Fuuuuuuuuuuuck, I wish I knew about that.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
God. As somebody who (sucessfully) farmed Time-Lost Proto Drake, Aeonaxx, and Poseidus for months, that sound gives me nightmares and nearly induces a heart attack every time I hear it.

I want to internet punch you for being successful at this, but given the pain you must have went through, I can only internet high-five you. Gratz.

Same here. It makes me jump when I hear it. I farmed TLPD for a month. Aeonaxx for two days. Now I want to go after Alani. I figure I got TLDP, I got Aeonaxx, might as well go for the next TLPD style mount. lol

Anoregon

Same here. It makes me jump when I hear it. I farmed TLPD for a month. Aeonaxx for two days. Now I want to go after Alani.

Well, the nice part about alani is that he's not really a rare spawn you have to camp. It's more like a really long quest, once you farm the 10 shards you are pretty much guaranteed the reward.

Well, the nice part about alani is that he's not really a rare spawn you have to camp. It's more like a really long quest, once you farm the 10 shards you are pretty much guaranteed the reward.

yeah, it's just the shards are super super rare.

When Should I start farming though? I hit 88 a few days ago. And where do they drop at again?

Anoregon

yeah, it's just the shards are super super rare.

When Should I start farming though? I hit 88 a few days ago. And where do they drop at again?

Any mob in Vale can drop them.

Weenerz

Banned
4-5 days until exalted with Tillers and 6-7 for cloud serpents, but I am not farming for eggs, not in a huge hurry, I already have 103 mounts.

bogg

So in my guild there is a raiding group going, I wanted to start raiding again and talked to a few members who also wanted so I decided to form a new raid group, and now that I almost have a full group (missing 1 dps) I've been asked by the main raid group if I wanted to join them because one of their members is not performing well. I don't know what to do.
Oh well just wanted to vent a little.

Entropia

No One Remembers
So in my guild there is a raiding group going, I wanted to start raiding again and talked to a few members who also wanted so I decided to form a new raid group, and now that I almost have a full group (missing 1 dps) I've been asked by the main raid group if I wanted to join them because one of their members is not performing well. I don't know what to do.
Oh well just wanted to vent a little.

Oi, having 2 10 man groups in a guild can be... troublesome. My guild is doing something like that as well. I always worry about things like that ;\

I am not sure about everyone's experience, but man I am getting tired of BGs as Horde. I have been trying to do a few BGs every night to scrape together some Conquest Points and I swear I have to play for a few hours to see even one win. Horde just consistently gets steamrolled and when we finally do win a match it is always by just a hair in a long drawn out match.

I wish some of my PvP friends would come back so I could just do Arena/Rated BGs.

Bisnic

I am not sure about everyone's experience, but man I am getting tired of BGs as Horde. I have been trying to do a few BGs every night to scrape together some Conquest Points and I swear I have to play for a few hours to see even one win. Horde just consistently gets steamrolled and when we finally do win a match it is always by just a hair in a long drawn out match.

I wish some of my PvP friends would come back so I could just do Arena/Rated BGs.

Weird, that sounds a lot like my previous attemps to do BGs as Alliance.

I guess that no matter what we do, we end up in a shitty group against a good one.

Entropia

No One Remembers

I've done like 3 BGs - the Temple of Kotmogu and we got curbstomped each game. Very sad. :(

Though, Ele PvP is absolute garbage right now.

Ultratech

Fuuuuuuuuuuuck, I wish I knew about that.

If it makes you feel better, I didn't get far with it.

With my team of Lv12s, I could get one low enough, but the damn traps kept missing. Like how it says I have a +20% chance to capture if I miss, but I went and missed several times before my team kicked the bucket.

Tried to do it again last night, since I forgot about the Stable Master nearby, but I kept running into groups of 3 Pets per fight. They must have stealth fixed it, since I didn't see it mentioned in the hotfix patch notes.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yeah, those shards are rare as hell. I'm past Revered with Lotus and doing Shado-pan and August Celestials now and I never got any shards at all doing those "kill 10 billion" mogu dailies.

Tarazet

For a bear tank, whats good stats going into heroics?

Get an Ironhide Leg Armor if you're not a LW, generally anything with Stamina, then Agility > Mastery > Hit (6%) > Expertise (5-6%) > Dodge > Crit > Haste. Pretty much reforge anything with Crit or Haste to Mastery, worry about hit/expertise cap when you have a better gear level but leave them on any pieces that have them.

ampere

First pass:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrKeSMjlTmU

Putting together complete guides to all of the zones. Would love some feedback.

Very helpful video, it clears up a lot of the things we struggled with there.

Question about that first room pull, for non-DK tanks (monk here) do you have any stun protection ideas? We had issues with me getting stunned after our AoE stuns wore off. It's possible that we just need more dps, but I dunno.

We had so many problems with the Sha boss, we'll try the not dispelling the dps's stacks method, we tried having one dps control the adds, but the dps loss was immense

Also, it's a UI bug, but your challenge mode tracking wasn't checking off mob kills, but I'll assume you guys killed the minimum number of trash pulls as it looks like most aren't avoidable other than that one after the first bridge

mclem

Oi, having 2 10 man groups in a guild can be... troublesome. My guild is doing something like that as well. I always worry about things like that ;\

Tell me about it. I'm the GM, MT and raid leader whenever we're running a single 10-man and pushing progression, which we're not doing yet; however, when we're running two groups, I'm more inclined to make one 'elite' group that *doesn't* include me, and one more rough-around-the-edges one that I can keep in check; there's one particularly vocal officer who strongly dislikes working with some of the weaker players, but I don't think we can afford to leave them behind, particularly given that their attendance is generally more reliable than the good ones; rather a weaker player I can rely on than a whizz-bang one who disappears for half the raid days.

While that's great in principle, the problem comes with the fact that we really don't have a particularly good *other* raid leader. We started this week with the good group without me and a more rookie group with lower gear which had me; neither downed the first boss (first time we've had to deal with chains, which required a little work, and we didn't have a particularly long raid). I had the vague intent of allowing the weekend for the rookie group to gear up enough for LFR, do LFR on Monday as a guild en masse to get a feel for the fights, then on Tuesday (EU, so still before the reset) take my (hopefully better-geared!) rookie group in again and nuke that first boss.

Thursday, though, put a spanner in the works. The geared group went back in; I deliberately left myself out so I was free to help other people get caught up with gear; no problem, Except the geared experienced group just couldn't quite do it. I still have no real idea why. One of their tanks blamed himself, thought he was undergeared (he was about my level from last week), and recused himself. Since they needed a tank, and I couldn't really stand in the way of their progression, I joined, and we downed it in two.

I have *no* idea why they struggle so much without me and do fine with me. I can't be in two places at once, although I feel obligated to do so, and I really don't think we can leave a second group behind in the name of progression, because I think that'll bite us in the arse further down the line.

I'm so glad we're not on heroics yet. When we lose the ability to freely interchange between groups, we're gonna have issues.

So... yeah. There is one loophole that I'm hoping for - we're not *much* short of being able to run 25s. If we were to recruit another five or so, we'd be able to do 25s each week, wouldn't have to leave many out, and I think there's a good many of the guild who prefer 25s at heart anyway... and besides which, that would also mean that I could keep an eye on *everyone*.

Anyone in the EU looking for a cheerfully mediocre raiding guild? :)

Bisnic

Seriously, hated my fire mage after the talent swap but frost is a bunch of fun.

Yeah frost is great. Lots of instant spells and you never ever run out of mana. It's seriously always over 90% for me. I couldn't even go out of mana even if i tried.

And when Frost Orb is active, my DPS can reach over 100K with all the AOE(Glyph of Ice Lance helps a lot on that) at the start of a battle, and i'm still stuck with only blues from heroics and PVP with little to no gems and enchants.

Kaper

Seriously, hated my fire mage after the talent swap but frost is a bunch of fun.

Frost is amazing. Arcane has boring ramp up damage and its play style changes drastically between the different lvl 90 talents. Fire is the essence of unpredictability. With frost, you have almost complete control over your burst damage. When timed correctly, it is possible to have a frostbolt, ice lance and frost bomb benefit from shatter (even without using Deep Freeze). Over 200k burst, followed by a huge Frostfire bolt hit is just pure ownage. Not to mention, Alter Time allows you to extend your Icy Veins on top of Bloodlust AND get you back to 2 Fingers of Frost charges and a Brain Freeze. Soo good.

Aoe is also significantly easier as frost. Gather mobs w/ glyphed Ice Lance -> Frost bomb while mobs beat on your Ice Barrier -> pet Freeze -> Flamestrike - > Ice Lance tab target cleave - > Frost Orb -> kite mobs in a way so they are in Frost Orb for the maximum amount of time, using Frost Nova/Ice Ward to help in doing so while continuing to Ice Lance. Rinse and repeat the steps, as necessary.

Anoregon

So there's been datamined voices for 5.1 (mmo-champ forums), looks like they're progressing the story a decent amount.

Yeah, 5.1 is having more plot-momentum than any other patch in the history of the game, it seems. Even getting long-ignored characters (any blood elf, for example) involved to pretty interesting degrees.

Yoshichan

Server restart... every, single, day. Are we playing a Korean mmorpg?

Top Bottom