• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

B-Dex

Usually a restart indicates hotfixes being applied. Well made sure they are applied. So at least they are fixing things :p

TheYanger

Very helpful video, it clears up a lot of the things we struggled with there.

Question about that first room pull, for non-DK tanks (monk here) do you have any stun protection ideas? We had issues with me getting stunned after our AoE stuns wore off. It's possible that we just need more dps, but I dunno.

We had so many problems with the Sha boss, we'll try the not dispelling the dps's stacks method, we tried having one dps control the adds, but the dps loss was immense

Also, it's a UI bug, but your challenge mode tracking wasn't checking off mob kills, but I'll assume you guys killed the minimum number of trash pulls as it looks like most aren't avoidable other than that one after the first bridge

It's more than the minimum, but we also can't avoid any others. That bug is super annoying too yeah :/ We tried skipping the first room once and couldn't even come CLOSE to the required though.

As for the stuns...may just need to power through it, with cooldowns it should still be survivable. Not sure I could say for certain until faced with it as specific other comps.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Servers are up... but Pandaria doesn't work. Wtf?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It's more than the minimum, but we also can't avoid any others. That bug is super annoying too yeah :/ We tried skipping the first room once and couldn't even come CLOSE to the required though.

As for the stuns...may just need to power through it, with cooldowns it should still be survivable. Not sure I could say for certain until faced with it as specific other comps.

How hard is it to just complete the mode if you don't care about the medal? Specifically looking at Shado-pan monastery since Challenge Mode is a requirement for the Shado-Master achievement.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Thank you beautiful rolling restarts. Logged back in as soon as I could and found 15 Onyx Eggs.
I wish I could say the same thing about the rare mobs.

TheYanger

How hard is it to just complete the mode if you don't care about the medal? Specifically looking at Shado-pan monastery since Challenge Mode is a requirement for the Shado-Master achievement.

Easy. You could still follow the guide but just pull 1 pack at a time and have no problem. The bosses will be the biggest issue as they're just legitimately harder on challenge than on heroic.

Yoshichan

I don't care about either of these things. I just want to complete Helm of the Thunder-God.
Are you telling me it's not fixed yet? Seriously? I feel sorry for those who didn't complete it before the bug :(

Yoshichan

What do I do with my JP now... where's the equivalent of the guy who sold herbs and shit for JP in Cata?

For a bear tank, whats good stats going into heroics?
Get an Ironhide Leg Armor if you're not a LW, generally anything with Stamina, then Agility > Mastery > Hit (6%) > Expertise (5-6%) > Dodge > Crit > Haste. Pretty much reforge anything with Crit or Haste to Mastery, worry about hit/expertise cap when you have a better gear level but leave them on any pieces that have them.
I'm tanking 25-man Vaults now and I've favored a rage generation build for my bear. More rage = more active mitigation with Savage Defense and Frenzied Regeneration. I've shot for hit cap, expertise, and critical strike. Gaining that extra 15 rage with each critical strike is, ultimately, invaluable. I place Mastery over Dodge. The returns on the dodge stat are so low, whereas mastery gives 100% mitigation all the time. Was on Feng last night sitting at 35% critical strike and I was consistently able to proc my mitigation CDs on demand. I truly feel this is the way to go with bears now.

Granted, Sarcasm, you're moving into Heroics now, but I still think you should start placing a high priority on your hit and critical strike rating. Gone are the days of bears only worrying about agi, stam, and dodge. With the active mitigation changes, getting that rage is going to be your primary focus.

Scrutinizing T14's stats you see Blizzard's given the following stat hierarchy:

1. Armor
  2. Stamina
  3. Agility
  4. Mastery
  5. Critical Strike
  6. Hit
  7. Expertise
  8. Haste
  9. and dead last, Dodge
I think that's a fair way to represent magnitudes of importance. As mentioned above, though, I've placed Hit above Mastery, only because if I am connecting my blows, then I am ensuring I gain rage.

Sethos

Banned
Just instance levelling a Protadin in full 'loom, Seal of Insight + Glyph of the Battle Healer. That combo is so overpowered in lower end gameplay, healers constantly complain about having nothing to do - One healer even went AFK for a bathroom and coffee break during a boss, came back during the fight and everyone was a full HP. Hilarious combination.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Just instance levelling a Protadin in full 'loom, Seal of Insight + Glyph of the Battle Healer. That combo is so overpowered in lower end gameplay, healers constantly complain about having nothing to do - One healer even went AFK for a bathroom and coffee break during a boss, came back during the fight and everyone was a full HP. Hilarious combination.

That sounds amazing. I am going to have to try that on my leveling Pally.

I was in a level 40 dungeon and the healer was all bored because he didn't have anything to do. Not sure if a Pally was with us but it was pretty funny nonetheless.

I suggested he focus on healing our minion and hunter pet, who were taking tons of damage.

Huh. Will have to keep this in mind as I need to level another paladin (have one level 69 on an old server, but I can't afford to pay for a transfer, and that much XP is not a huge time investment, especially with heirloom pants now.)

Besides, leveling stuff, even classes I've done before, is pretty novel now with the new talent system and the changes to glyphs.

I was in a level 40 dungeon and the healer was all bored because he didn't have anything to do. Not sure if a Pally was with us but it was pretty funny nonetheless.

I suggested he focus on healing our minion and hunter pet, who were taking tons of damage.

I've been leveling a priest. Mostly Disc, but I hit 30 awhile back so I can Shadow if I want as well now too. Anyway, early dungeons it's just stupid how powerful you are with just bubbles and the occasional heal. As a healer, I was out-DPSing other people because I had nothing else to do. And you can pretty much always do some damage by tab-DOTing. Closer to 40 though, and it starts picking up enough that you have to focus more on actually healing.

---

And I think I'm going to start up again today, finally. Haven't played in about a week, but I needed some time off after getting a bit burnt out doing every daily, every day. I think i'll skip Klaxxi for awhile once I hit revered with them (only one or two days off that), but continue with Golden Lotus and Cloud Sepent. Anglers I'm not sure about - maybe do them depending on what dailies are offered?

Sethos

Banned
Just to add to the above mentioned combination, for those who haven't played the Paladin in a while they also removed the CD from Word of Glory ( Again ), so you also got that massive burst heal in case of emergencies. It's completely ridiculous and if played right, you don't even need a healer.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I've been leveling a priest. Mostly Disc, but I hit 30 awhile back so I can Shadow if I want as well now too. Anyway, early dungeons it's just stupid how powerful you are with just bubbles and the occasional heal. As a healer, I was out-DPSing other people because I had nothing else to do. And you can pretty much always do some damage by tab-DOTing. Closer to 40 though, and it starts picking up enough that you have to focus more on actually healing.

---

Yeah, when i used to lvl my disc priest, i was just spamming Holy Fire and Smite since they heal at the same time that they do damage anyway. It was fun to top Recount in both damage and healing back then.

Speaking of dailies, is there any in Kun Lai Summit and Townlong Steppes? I didn't bother exploring yet, but i think i saw that Shado-Pan and August Celestials do have dailies there, but that i need to be revered with Golden Lotus first, which is not the case for me yet.

Dresden

Loved leveling my resto druid, hit a button every twenty seconds or so, did other stuff as the xp came rolling in.

B-Dex

I'm valor capped for the week and have nothing to do but try and run setting sun and jade serpent for the last 2 items that are sidegrades..., Time to lvl alts.

Yoshichan

So, during my dinner, I managed to keep myself from talking about MoP for approximately 15 minutes. Then I kept going on how my crop is working out perfectly, and how much I love pandas.

Fuck.

So, during my dinner, I managed to keep myself from talking about MoP for approximately 15 minutes. Then I kept going on how my crop is working out perfectly, and how much I love pandas.

Fuck.

Da fuck? You just put the seeds in the ground, and at midnight they're crops. It's not like you have to fucking play music for them, or care for them over an extended period of time.

:lol

Yoshichan

Da fuck? You just put the seeds in the ground, and at midnight they're crops. It's not like you have to fucking play music for them, or care for them over an extended period of time.

:lol
See, what someone who doesn't burn and have a passion for farming would do. I however, do all of the above.

Tarazet

Every time I do the farming minigame I just wish I was playing Harvest Moon. They could do something to streamline the interface a bit, ya know.

Robin64

Farming is awesome. I hope more gets added every couple of patches or so.

Also need something to spend JP on. Herbs, ore, whatever.

Yoshichan

I bet you also cross-realm zone to make sure you're in a Valley of the Four Winds where it's raining at least once a day to make sure they get the water they need.

:p

I actually did this once, no joke. It was when I didn't know the farming mechanics! That you knew about this is even scarier

Core Zero

Been playing cat again, because our tanks caught up in gear. Gets my heart pumping every time. If I blow all my cooldowns on an AoE pull I can hit 120K+ DPS briefly by spamming one button. Oh, and John Fucking Madden is back.

I hated the new Feral setup at first, and I still think it's worse than Cata, especially early CP generation. However, nothing feels better than the tank overpulling, and blowing everything to pull more DPS than everyone else in the dungeon combined. I get constant dirty looks from my Fire Mage roommate when we're running together.

That said, on "normal" fights the Fire Mage doesn't seem to have any trouble keeping up with competitive DPS. The new Inferno Blast ensures more reliable Pyro procs, I don't know if the other specs are just easier at the moment, but at least from what I see, Fire is just fine at the moment in dungeon content. And better than me in Feral as soon as target swapping or any anti-melee ability is involved.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
So, Galleon spawned today and we had to fight a bunch of Ally to get the kill. As I'm corpse running back Galleon dies (still our tag) and I don't get anything. Not gold, not loot and not a chance to use my tokens for another roll. Was Blizzard really dumb enough to not give people loot when they were corpse running back? We had a bunch of assholes just not running which almost made us lose the tag many times.

I should have been one of those assholes so I at least got a chance to get something.

Yoshi, I need you to rage at this. So pissed off right now, goddammit.

Yoshichan

So, Galleon spawned today and we had to fight a bunch of Ally to get the kill. As I'm corpse running back Galleon dies (still our tag) and I don't get anything. Not gold, not loot and not a chance to use my tokens for another roll. Was Blizzard really dumb enough to not give people loot when they were corpse running back? We had a bunch of assholes just not running which almost made us lose the tag many times.

I should have been one of those assholes so I at least got a chance to get something.

Yoshi, I need you to rage at this. So pissed off right now, goddammit.
That the game doesn't recognize that you've tagged the monster while in spirit form is actually really fucking dumb. It's the sole reason why I never corpse run when I'm dead on Galleon/Sha (and they're at like 15%). It's like, you want to run back to your corpse but it's a risk reward - should I click "Release Spirit", help my friends out and risk that I don't get any loot? Or should I lie down, like an asshole, and wait for this boss to die?

It's really, really terrible. I expect a fix.

The irrigation/fumigation systems don't really save any time, but they do save you some inventory space and having to delete the rusty can/bug sprayer every time you hit up your crops.

The real time saver here is the master plow.

Yoshichan

The real time saver here is the master plow.
CHUUUUUU CHUUUUUUUU! CHUGGA CHUGGA CHUGGA CHUGGA CHUGGA CHUGGA, CHUUUUUUU CHUUUUUUU!

I just wish the soil was lined up so that I can "master plow" everything easier :(

Tarazet

I hated the new Feral setup at first, and I still think it's worse than Cata, especially early CP generation. However, nothing feels better than the tank overpulling, and blowing everything to pull more DPS than everyone else in the dungeon combined. I get constant dirty looks from my Fire Mage roommate when we're running together.

That said, on "normal" fights the Fire Mage doesn't seem to have any trouble keeping up with competitive DPS. The new Inferno Blast ensures more reliable Pyro procs, I don't know if the other specs are just easier at the moment, but at least from what I see, Fire is just fine at the moment in dungeon content. And better than me in Feral as soon as target swapping or any anti-melee ability is involved.

Throw Symbiosis on a Warlock or a Rogue, and you can swap your DoTs over. That's one solution. The other solution is fuck Mages.

Ultratech

Farming is awesome. I hope more gets added every couple of patches or so.

Also need something to spend JP on. Herbs, ore, whatever.

Quicklist!
-JP Gear (Mists): Granted, it's 458 gear...might help if you can't get into Heroics or having bad luck on drops.
-Old Gear (Cata/Wrath/BC): Transmog Goodness! (Or Enchanting mats...hehe)
-Old Cata/Wrath/BC Mats: LOL
-Heirlooms: Your alts need more EXP...
-Gems: Shiny! Also useful for leveling JC or making a little bit of money.
-Wrath Rep tokens; Those guys still need love too...
-Convert to Honor; Gotta get that PvP gear!

I'm out of ideas after that.

Quicklist!
-JP Gear (Mists): Granted, it's 458 gear...might help if you can't get into Heroics or having bad luck on drops.
-Old Gear (Cata/Wrath/BC): Transmog Goodness! (Or Enchanting mats...hehe)
-Old Cata/Wrath/BC Mats: LOL
-Heirlooms: Your alts need more EXP...
-Gems: Shiny! Also useful for leveling JC or making a little bit of money.
-Wrath Rep tokens; Those guys still need love too...
-Convert to Honor; Gotta get that PvP gear!

I'm out of ideas after that.

Frozen Orbs > Eternal Earth/Shadow

JCs still buy these like mad to get through the tough 390-425 grind.

Tarazet

I've actually grown fond of the LW Misthide set for leather transmog. It's one of the prettier leather sets out there, though the helm needs some help, and I'm having trouble finding a cloak to match.

Top Bottom