• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

DeathNote said:
Just read that the random dungeon finder will have tier drops (lower item level than normal). I also see that there will be no tier from Valor.

Now I see the random raid finder wont have a lockout shared with normal/heroic, but will it have a lockout in general?

Looks like skilled people will have a reason to run random raid to transmorg if they like the tier enough.

Or if they want extra shots at gathering tier for the set bonus to tide them over until they get the "real" version from a regular raid.

And it's kind of interesting how we've come full circle since Wrath. 10s, 10H/25s, 25H for 3 levels of difficulty. Now we're getting that again after being cut down to 2 difficulties for most of Cataclysm.

It seems like the team doesn't really understand what works well enough in their game to get it right and stick with it. It's upsetting.

Oh, and the Raid Finder being on a different lockout basically means that you'll be doing 2 raids a week again at least until the gear from the gimped raid is no longer useful.

It's the same stuff (system-wise), repackaged poorly after they thought it would be a good idea to toss out.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Also, the random raid finder gear will be a higher item level than new dungeon gear.

Did they say how many people can group up?

25 mans doing full random runs..?

McNei1y

I really like the present Dragonblight shots. I'm kind of bummed at the bosses but the pictures of Yogg-Saron (I'm assuming thats him) are awesome. I also like the Warlord Zon'ozz backstory. Sounds like N'Zoth will definitely be in the next game as well. So maybe its something like Azshara and N'Zoth so it could be a Emerald Dream/Forgotten Seas or something.

Random Raid should be good to get those old pieces you want for your gear... Well, can you search for old raids with it?

Also, I plan on giving my guy a farmer hat and such. I want to be casual looking.

DeathNote said:
Also, the random raid finder gear will be a higher item level than new dungeon gear.

Did they say how many people can group up?

25 mans doing full random runs..?

I thought I read it will only have 25 mans? I'll try to look for it.

Edit: Ah yeah.

MMO Champ said:
The Looking for Raid tool will only work for 25 man raids, not 10 man.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/2450-Rogue-Legendary-Dagger-and-Patch-4.3-Interviews-Comics

C.Dark.DN

Banned
McNei1y said:
I thought I read it will only have 25 mans? I'll try to look for it.

Edit: Ah yeah.
I mean is there going to be a random battleground style limit on the number of people groupng up for the random?

On one hand, you could pug 25 people on your server and meet people.
On the other, you could be limited to 5 people and only raid with random people on other servers.

I could see benefit of connecting with your server...

McNei1y

DeathNote said:
I mean is there going to be a random battleground style limit on the number of people groupng up for the random?

On one hand, you could pug 25 people on your server and meet people.
On the other, you could be limited to 5 people and only raid with random people on other servers.

I could see benefit of connecting with your server...

Ahhhh read your question wrong. I've never seen anything on that. Good point.

Finaika said:
That's bad?

Compared to the level we all think we should be playing at... and possibly previous tiers, yeah. But it's good enough for undisputed 2nd on server, so *shrug*. But there will be like 12 guilds at 6/7H next week anyway.

ampere

I'm really excited about the new heroic 5s leading into the raid, they look amazing.

And I already know our raid group will struggle with the Deathwing fights. Parachute down to Deathwing? Half our raid misses the target and dies. Deathwing barrel roll? Half the rest dead.

:lol

Azshara fight in a dungeon, it could be her time next expansion.
wonderdung said:
Finally got our 6/7 heroic tonight, just in time. We're still pretty bad, but at least we're pre-nerf bad.

We barely got our Rag 25 reg kill pre-nerf. So your 'bad' would be amazing for us :p

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
ciaossu said:
I'm really excited about the new heroic 5s leading into the raid, they look amazing.

And I already know our raid group will struggle with the Deathwing fights. Parachute down to Deathwing? Half our raid misses the target and dies. Deathwing barrel roll? Half the rest dead.

Azshara fight in a dungeon, it could be her time next expansion.

We barely got our Rag 25 reg kill pre-nerf. So your 'bad' would be amazing for us :p

If Blizzard doesn't take this opportunity to make an enemy npc yell "Do a barrel roll!" or a friendly npc say "He's going to do a barrel roll!", they're dead to me!

ampere

Bisnic said:
If Blizzard doesn't take this opportunity to make an enemy npc yell "Do a barrel roll!" or a friendly npc say "He's going to do a barrel roll!", they're dead to me!
They might, there's a Firelands achieve with that name that requires dodging fire on Alysrazor (something most of our raid can't handle).

The icon for that achievement is a rabbit :p

Bloodfang and T6 are probably the best for Rogues. I don't think the new set is too bad (certainly better than some of their previous ones), but I'm not too impressed with it either. It just seems sort of average, par-for-the-course.

Mairu

Boss health and damage reduced by 15% (Heroic Ragnaros' health has not been reduced.)
All adds’ health and damage have been reduced in the same proportions as bosses. However, Heroic Ragnaros adds have been reduced by 15%.
Man, the rest of Heroic Firelands is going to be a joke :|

It's also somewhat disappointing that we only had two weeks since Heroic Ragnaros got nerfed to kill him before another nerf. We were making pretty good progress into phase 4 and probably would've killed him either this week or next... but I guess I should be happy as this should eliminate the majority of pre-phase4 wipes :/

Bisnic

DeathNote said:
well if they're going to nerf the bosses, nerf the troll heroics. i'd rather fly through that crap on alts and do pug raids.

Troll heroics are fine. Sure sometimes you get the healer with less than 80k mana that run OOM every 2-3 fights, the slow tank with less than 150k HP or the DPS that can't seem to do more than 10k DPS overall, but i still finish most of my runs.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Bisnic said:
Troll heroics are fine. Sure sometimes you get the healer with less than 80k mana that run OOM every 2-3 fights, the slow tank with less than 150k HP or the DPS that can't seem to do more than 10k DPS overall, but i still finish most of my runs.
it's not about finishing, it's about time it takes to finish.

zg is A LOT faster than za.

tho, i don't want to nerf the mount run...

Bisnic

DeathNote said:
it's not about finishing, it's about time it takes to finish.

zg is A LOT faster than za.

tho, i don't want to nerf the mount run...

One thing they could do is reduce the amount of trash between the bear and dragonhawk boss and before the eagle one. ZG really doesn't have that much trash to kill, and the pulls are often only 1 or 2 guys at once or a big group of weak enemies. Sure, that would make the mount run much easier, but they can still reduce the timer a little if they want.

TheYanger

I don't see a problem with trandoms as they are now. I don't like running them, but that's cause there's only fucking 2 and I'm sick to death of them. They still give you top end gear via VP at a rate that other heroics cannot match in terms of time investment, and for a lot of guilds even raid bosses. They're fine.

TheYanger said:
I don't see a problem with trandoms as they are now. I don't like running them, but that's cause there's only fucking 2 and I'm sick to death of them. They still give you top end gear via VP at a rate that other heroics cannot match in terms of time investment, and for a lot of guilds even raid bosses. They're fine.

The queues are so long and the runs can take well over 2x a random heroic.

TheYanger

Not unless you have the worst group of all time. I routinely do them solo queued and finish in under an hour. If it's LITERALLY taking you that long to do one...then don't! do a regular heroic, you get more than half the points. Yes it caps at some point but shit you can still do it for a bunch of your quota.

wonderdung said:
Finally got our 6/7 heroic tonight, just in time. We're still pretty bad, but at least we're pre-nerf bad.

10 man or 25? If you're talking about 25 man I'd have to disagree and say your guild is really really good.

Miletius

What's the easiest way to get tickets for the Brewfest event? This is the only meta I need for long strange trip, so I figure i'd knock it out.

Freakinchair said:
10 man or 25? If you're talking about 25 man I'd have to disagree and say your guild is really really good.

10, but even 6/7H 25 guilds are sitting at around 1800th world. Maybe the count is polluted by 10 man guilds, but we were a few hundred ranks higher as 25 in Wrath.

Plus we're comparing ourselves against guild #1 on our server who was 6/7H 3 weeks into the tier. (And contains at least one of our former raiders.)

I suppose after like 300th it doesn't make any sense to be quibbling about world rank. Just feels like we've regressed.

TheYanger

Miletius said:
What's the easiest way to get tickets for the Brewfest event? This is the only meta I need for long strange trip, so I figure i'd knock it out.

The ram racing, if you do reasonably well at it you get a ton. But really, not a lot to it. do all the dailies every day, do well at keg deliveries.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I need the stepping stone ZA/ZG gear, not the VP.

Investing a bunch of time in ZA/ZG runs just to sub in alts to do faceroll bosses my main doesn't need is annoying.

TheYanger

DeathNote said:
I need the stepping stone ZA/ZG gear, not the VP.

Investing a bunch of time in ZA/ZG runs just to sub in alts to do faceroll bosses my main doesn't need is annoying.

Ok? So at what point does the madness stop, you want them to just deck you out in 353s the second you ding 85 next? ZA/ZG are tedious and boring, but they are NOT time consuming. The problem is the variety, not the length.

MattPeters said:

Hmm. I may not use it in its entirety, or a I may modify things, but it does look like a good place to start from whenever I start up again. I left with a decent UI, but I knew things could be refined more. I always tweak it a bit for each character too.

Bisnic

Gotta love when 4 people need on the melee/ranged trinket from Coren.

Gonna be fun trying to get it. =/

edit : nvm, i was the only one who needed in the next group. :D

Bisnic said:
Gotta love when 4 people need on the melee/ranged trinket from Coren.

Gonna be fun trying to get it. =/

No one will give a damn in a few days. The trinkets aren't very good anyway unless you're playing an alt that has no gear in the first place.

Bisnic

CarbonatedFalcon said:
No one will give a damn in a few days. The trinkets aren't very good anyway unless you're playing an alt that has no gear in the first place.

My alt still had 1 blue trinket, so yeah i do care! :lol

Miletius

Looks like MMO-Chanp has details on the Firelands hotfixes. Mostly a 15 percent across the board nerf to most heroics, a bit bigger on normal.

Heroic Rag is 15 percent nerf to adds only, boss HP remains the same.

TGMIII

So it's been awhile since I've played and the new patch has caught my attention, any chance someone could send me a resurrection scroll. Sorry to beg but I'd just like to see how things have changed in the 2 years I've not played. Quote for email.

Mairu

awwyeahgurrl said:
So it's been awhile since I've played and the new patch has caught my attention, any chance someone could send me a resurrection scroll. Sorry to beg but I'd just like to see how things have changed in the 2 years I've not played. Quote for email.

sent

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
These are the biggest changes that I noticed today during our 6/7 normal clear tonight.

You really only need a total of three people to take the crystals on Baleroc now. The debuff goes away in 20 seconds and the person taking them barely takes any damage. After about three crystals we just stopped paying any attention to our rotation and we were sending whom ever was closest to take the crystal.

Guys who stay on the bottom in Alysrazor said that you only needed one person on the Flame Druids since they died so fast, after the first tornado phase one of the DPS came on top to DPS her with me. Tank was also saying that he had to stop DPSing his add since they would die too quickly and the worms would be up during the tornado phase. Oh yeah, and one of the tank healers DCed so the other tank healer was healing both of the tanks. (our third healer was a recruit who was pulling, like, 6k HPS.)

All in all it seems like they went totally overboard with the nerfs. A 5-10% nerf to normals would have been a lot more reasonable, in my opinion.

Wowprogress really needs to start docking like 500 points for first kills after this set of nerfs.

Alysrazor was interesting... before you'd have to let the flying buff drop before picking up a new feather after firestorms. I almost wiped us twice because I was still trying to do it this way, but now you have enough time to fly up directly and grab the next ring.

I agree that the nerfs were overboard, or rather not necessary at all. The only nerf they've done like this in the past (before a new tier of gear was out) was the end of TBC. Now I guess I expect it to be a regular thing.

Dunlop

The nerfing is borderline comical

We were missing 3 regular raiders and 2 healed the entire fight up to rag (one shotting everything).

I get they want more people to advance but I find ZA harder now

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Einchy said:
These are the biggest changes that I noticed today during our 6/7 normal clear tonight.

You really only need a total of three people to take the crystals on Baleroc now. The debuff goes away in 20 seconds and the person taking them barely takes any damage. After about three crystals we just stopped paying any attention to our rotation and we were sending whom ever was closest to take the crystal.

Guys who stay on the bottom in Alysrazor said that you only needed one person on the Flame Druids since they died so fast, after the first tornado phase one of the DPS came on top to DPS her with me. Tank was also saying that he had to stop DPSing his add since they would die too quickly and the worms would be up during the tornado phase. Oh yeah, and one of the tank healers DCed so the other tank healer was healing both of the tanks. (our third healer was a recruit who was pulling, like, 6k HPS.)

All in all it seems like they went totally overboard with the nerfs. A 5-10% nerf to normals would have been a lot more reasonable, in my opinion.
Fieroblast seems like a low percent cast. My whole side (right) had them each spamming Brushfire. I saw Fieroblast once or twice the whole Aly fight.

You can apparently stun them too now.

Our raid group had never been in the Firelands before last night. We one-shotted Shannox, two-shotted Beth and Rhyo before calling it a night (took an hour and a half). We only wiped on Beth because a DPS got overeager and took a thread before the healer and on Rhyo because we weren't expecting the transition (a couple of raiders stood in the fire). We were getting ready to engage Baleroc when a healer and DPS had to bail and we couldn't get any PUGs.

So, we got into firelands post nerf last night and immediately went 2/7 heroic. The nerfs are definitely in full effect. H Shannox, at least from the perspective of a mdps, was actually easier than normal Shannox since you don't have to chase dogs through trap areas. Rhyolith was a bit tougher, while we had no problem with the driving phase, the damage during superheated was intense. We're looking at H Alys and H domo tonight, and the rest just regular. I did get some heroic loots, a cape and my leg token. Of course, now I have to actually run trolls to get enough vp to buy the legs, and that is annoying as shit.

TheYanger

Shit was comically easy. The tornadoes on Alysrazor move so slow that you can actually run into them from behind....You can also kill her in a single burn on heroic really easily. I just don't get how Blizz can think nerfs this bad are good for the game, if I had never done this stuff I would feel very cheated with how easy it is now. The ZA comment is spot on, it's actually harder.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I'm content with how the nerfs effected my guild's situation.

6/7 N was already easy with a core group so I'm not bothered with them being easier now after doing them for weeks. While Aly is crazy easy, I could fly around and do stupid shit as melee. Rag is not a joke fight when you consider how much of a joke Nef/Cho'Gall became.

We probably could have downed Rag pre-nerf, but we've only done 18 attempts the past 44 days because of basically raiding 1 day a week. Yes, forty-four days. We can actually put in effort on Rag the same day. Did 4 attempts last night, that's 22% of our effort the past 44 days.

We haven't downed him yet, probably will tonight. Killing Rag and getting into heroics will raise our enjoyment level.

I don't have much thoughts on the enjoyment level of people in heroics, or what precedent this sets.

TheYanger said:
Shit was comically easy. The tornadoes on Alysrazor move so slow that you can actually run into them from behind....You can also kill her in a single burn on heroic really easily. I just don't get how Blizz can think nerfs this bad are good for the game, if I had never done this stuff I would feel very cheated with how easy it is now. The ZA comment is spot on, it's actually harder.
Yes, I would feel cheated if I haven't done 6/7 N pre-nerfs. We may have got Rag next month because of raiding schedules and a few core people leaving. This might actually tempt a few players to stay, they were on the fence. I can't say downing rag pre-nerf once next month is worth it compared to now and doing heroics.

This is just my scenario.

Dresden

Not playing the game anymore, but I have to wonder at just why they made the new legendary daggers.

It's the fucking Cataclysm, toss enhancement shamans a bone.

Top Bottom