• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Alucrid

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
Arcane is invincible at leveling now, particularly in anything 80+ zones.

Fire is terrible at all levels other than if you just like spamming mana-free scorch. I'd say Mage is in a worse place than it was in WLK; at least then you had more than one option for PvP and PvE.

It's easy to tell now. It either has spirit or it doesn't.

But what if you're a shadow priest who needs haste gear and gets hit from spirit? D:

DeathNote said:
They get to keep them.. so....

Oh god. If they made them change the names that would be hil-fucking-larious. Would show them for being unable to come up with original, non-shitty names.

Tamanon said:

I get King Baldwin vibes from that. So sick.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Alucrid said:
But what if you're a shadow priest who needs haste gear and gets hit from spirit? D:

Oh god. If they made them change the names that would be hil-fucking-larious. Would show them for being unable to come up with original, non-shitty names.

I get King Baldwin vibes from that. So sick.
Get hit from hit and quit whinin

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Bisnic said:
I knew this couldn't last long... good bye infinite mana for heroics.
But judging Seal of Insight now increases your mana regen, it's just not instant.

Alex

Quest Tracking areas or points of interest will now show on the mini-map, in addition to the World Map.

The World Map now displays the expected character levels for each zone.

The amount of experience needed to gain levels 71 through 80 has been reduced by approximately 33%.

Relevant questgivers have been moved into Outland and Northrend dungeons. The majority of dungeon quests for these zones are now available from within their respective dungeons.

Good changes for leveling.

Many Group quests in Outland and Northrend have been re-tuned to allow players to complete them solo. They are no longer labeled as Group quests.

I know this is ultimately needed but it still depresses me. Leveling is such a lonely experience, I wish they could do something to encourage grouping somehow and add some tension and challenge for those who want it.

The Shaman changes are nice, but I figured they'd give Elemental something to compensate for the loss of that Fire Elemental set bonus. Seems like they'll be at a disadvantage without it.

Tamanon

Banned
Alex said:

I know this is ultimately needed but it still depresses me. Leveling is such a lonely experience, I wish they could do something to encourage grouping somehow and add some tension and challenge for those who want it.

The Shaman changes are nice, but I figured they'd give Elemental something to compensate for the loss of that Fire Elemental set bonus. Seems like they'll be at a disadvantage without it.

Eh, many of the "group" quests were easily soloed by tankish classes any way.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Anyway, if you wanna do stuff with a group while lvling, there is dungeons and battlegrounds, so i guess you can leave quests to soloers.

Angry Grimace

The way it works is as follows:

Bisnic said:
I knew this couldn't last long... good bye infinite mana for heroics.

Ghostcrawler said:
We changed Seal of Insight to no longer return 15% base mana and then changed Judgment of the Pure to provide mana regeneration so that Holy paladins would not need to Judge every eight seconds. With these changes, they will want to Judge every 30 seconds, which seems more reasonable. Judging every eight seconds is hard to ask someone who is also targeting players a lot to heal them.

Alex

Anyway, if you wanna do stuff with a group while lvling, there is dungeons and battlegrounds, so i guess you can leave quests to soloers.

If there were more dungeons or dungeons were more difficult and provided more it could be cool but as is I don't think it's a really viable option and it gets to be tedious. Also, Battlegrounds are only really OK if it's the weekend or in specific brackets though, I've tried that before.

But yeah those are the better options, it'd just be nice if there were more ways to go about leveling for players who want a little more MMO or a little more tension out of things. I read they want to put in level-matching, which is good. Now put in difficulty modes for leveling and a merit point system to encourage helping and we're back in business! :p

Eh, many of the "group" quests were easily soloed by tankish classes any way.

Well, not the old school ones when they were first present but nowadays, yeah totally, by most anyone for those BC ones and in Northrend all I can think of as kind of rough are a couple of Dragon Blight ones.

I guess it's just a shame to see the reality of it put into patch notes like that, but it's for the best.

Bisnic

Lol @ the model of Deathwing at MMOchampion.

As if we needed more confirmation that Nozdormu is also Murozond... they share the same model.

Alucrid

Banned
Alex said:

Honestly, it was pretty lonely even during vanilla WoW now that I think back on it.

Alex

If they redid/are redoing player models, I bet the Night Elf ones would look a lot like the Azshara and Illidan ones they're showing. Those seem reasonable looking and not as custom as other big NPC models.

Honestly, it was pretty lonely even during vanilla WoW now that I think back on it.

Well, I only leveled twice during classic, both being during the first half of classic's life so my view may seem a bit off if you didn't. But there were always lots of players on my server at least, especially in the hot zones. We had a lot of fun getting groups and doing all the quests. My most fond memories of questing are all stuff like Stromgarde and the Tower in Red Ridge, etc.

Sax Russel said:
Man they're getting a lot of use out of the boss in a pool idea.

Lava hot tubs do great things for the scales.

Some of this new stuff looks pretty great. I think the Hunter set is pretty cool, and the Priest set is definitely neat - doesn't look like any armor set I remember. I really want to see the DK set now though.

Alucrid said:
Hrm. So now Trueshot Aura/Might/Abomination's Might/etc. now give 10% ranged and 20% melee attack power. :(

They said that's because ranged is still overall more powerful and Hunters don't need the extra buff. If Hunters got it too, they'd probably be at the top of the charts for almost everything by a decent margin.

Besides, this is the "glorify rogues" patch.

notworksafe

Haven't played in a long time but I just want to mention that Priest tier is amazing looking. Also it's shitty but comforting to see that Paladin is still getting the short end of the stick when it comes to tier armor design.

Alucrid

Banned
CarbonatedFalcon said:
They said that's because ranged is still overall more powerful and Hunters don't need the extra buff. If Hunters got it too, they'd probably be at the top of the charts for almost everything by a decent margin.

Besides, this is the "glorify rogues" patch.

But there are no rogues.

Still, it would have been nice if trueshot got something extra so it wouldn't be overshadowed by every other buff.

Angry Grimace

Bisnic said:
Lol @ the model of Deathwing at MMOchampion.

As if we needed more confirmation that Nozdormu is also Murozond... they share the same model.
Well that, and Nozdormu explicitly says he is the leader of the Infinite Dragonflight. Oh wait, that happened in a bullshit novel, which means it's true, but that happened offscreen. Also, "Murozond" is clearly just an anagram of Nozdormu.

Alucrid

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
Well that, and Nozdormu explicitly says he is the leader of the Infinite Dragonflight. Oh wait, that happened in a bullshit novel, which means it's true, but that happened offscreen. Also, "Murozond" is clearly just an anagram of Nozdormu.

SPOILERS!

notworksafe said:
Haven't played in a long time but I just want to mention that Priest tier is amazing looking. Also it's shitty but comforting to see that Paladin is still getting the short end of the stick when it comes to tier armor design.

They had(have) one of the best sets for T12. Check that one out.

Bisnic

I just tried Shannox for the 1st time with my casual guild, and man the difference between me and the #3 healer was night and day.

I healed 47% of the fight, while he did 15%. I healed 10 people during the fight, he healed the 2 tank and himself only. Not to mention he used a grand total of 1 healing spell(Greater heal) while his #2 was from his mastery. Recount said i did 14.7k healing while he did 6.4k. Depressing. And it was my first time healing a raid, i usually only heal in heroics, so no idea how good 14.7k is, i just know 6.4k is terrible lol.

And yet, we still managed to kill Shannox after 2 wipes. At this point, we could have done it with 2 healers considering how he did.

I don't know how these guys killed this boss before with this healer, but damn, it must not have been fun. And im sure they will notice the difference when i'm not there, since i rarely come unless im bored and free.
I still like my guild since the members are cool, but im glad raids are low on my priority list.

Edit : Nice Tyrande model, but whats with the monster hands on her and Azshara? : http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2011/september/tyrande.jpg

Alucrid

Banned
Bisnic said:
I just tried Shannox for the 1st time with my casual guild, and man the difference between me and the #3 healer was night and day.

I healed 47% of the fight, while he did 15%. I healed 10 people during the fight, he healed the 2 tank and himself only. Not to mention he used a grand total of 1 healing spell(Greater heal) while his #2 was from his mastery. Recount said i did 14.7k healing while he did 6.4k. Depressing. And it was my first time healing a raid, i usually only heal in heroics, so no idea how good 14.7k is, i just know 6.4k is terrible lol.

And yet, we still managed to kill Shannox after 2 wipes. At this point, we could have done it with 2 healers considering how he did.

I don't know how these guys killed this boss before with this healer, but damn, it must not have been fun. And im sure they will notice the difference when i'm not there, since i rarely come unless im bored and free.
I still like my guild since the members are cool, but im glad raids are low on my priority list.

Edit : Nice Tyrande model, but whats with the monster hands on her and Azshara? : http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2011/september/tyrande.jpg

What about before the nerf? God, it's all so easy. Shannox on heroic wasn't bad either.

Angry Grimace said:
It's not a spoiler if it's already presumed you know it in game.

Or if you actually care about WoW lore. Oh wait, who does? lol

Bisnic

Alucrid said:
What about before the nerf? God, it's all so easy. Shannox on heroic wasn't bad either.

They never did Firelands before the nerf as far as i know, except maybe doing trash runs.

You can't really get more casual than that. I wouldn't be surprised if some pugs actually perform better.

Alex

Bisnic said:

Looks great (sans ginormo hands as you mention) but it sort of annoys me to see stuff like this while players walk around in re-textured robes from 2003/2004. I want to shop at the stores the NPCs are shopping at.

Seriously, Blizzard makes a billion a year off this game, give players a new outfit.

New Red Drake Model:

reddrakemount_purple.jpg

There's a couple variations.

Interesting when we already have a Red Drake model from Wrath, but this one has horns which are usually exclusive to Alexstraza. Maybe they just decided to change the way the model drakes/dragons, or the mount could be her daughter or something.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Well, this certainly caught my eye in the patch notes:

North American realms (excluding Brazilian, Latin American, and Oceanic realms) no longer permit letters with accents in character or guild names. Existing character and guild names with special characters will be unaffected by this change.

I always hated that, and am not sad to see it go.

CarbonatedFalcon said:
There's a couple variations.

Interesting when we already have a Red Drake model from Wrath, but this one has horns which are usually exclusive to Alexstraza. Maybe they just decided to change the way the model drakes/dragons, or the mount could be her daughter or something.

One of the interviews a week or so ago mentioned this will be the raid meta reward, and a recolor will be the Deathwing heroic mount. (Invincible 4 lyfe woo =P)

Angry Grimace

Sax Russel said:
One of the interviews a week or so ago mentioned this will be the raid meta reward, and a recolor will be the Deathwing heroic mount. (Invincible 4 lyfe woo =P)
Deathwing mount should be the Deathwing heroic mount

Sai-kun

Banned
Alex said:
Looks great (sans ginormo hands as you mention) but it sort of annoys me to see stuff like this while players walk around in re-textured robes from 2003/2004. I want to shop at the stores the NPCs are shopping at.

Serious, Blizzard makes a billion a year off this game, give players a new outfit.

This for real. That model looks ridiculously nice.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=72899#comments

Looks like the 5 man gear is level 378, same as Firelands.

http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=76874

Other gear is 397. Might be LFR tier, or regular T13 tier. Or, the levels aren't set since there's literally like 8 different ilvls of stuff on the PTR right now :lol
Iunno about that.

We haven't made a final decision on the item levels for the new 5-player dungeons. We're in the process of making some updates to the Random Dungeon Finder categories, Valor Point acquisition/caps, epic vendor offerings, and developing the Raid Finder. The item levels are tied to these updates.

So, just you stay tuned. :)

5 hours ago

If it can be data mined there's no reason to say that.

strafer

So I have tested out this Transmogification thingy, shit is awesome as hell. :D::D:D

And void storage is expensive as a mother effer.

Entropia

No One Remembers
DeathNote said:
As of right now 100 gold per item. Deposit and withdrawal.

Yeah, that was the value they had in their screenshots when it was first announced, right? That seems fair considering the intention is that you're putting the item there and leaving it... forever.

I may hope on the PTR some time just to check things out.

Overall, I'm excited for this patch. They've immensely made the Ele AoE rotation less clunky. And I'm REALLY looking forward to the LFR.

DeathNote said:
PTR ZA/ZG... wipes out the ass.
PTR End Time... quick tank and spank.

378 gear was dropped.

As of right now 100 gold per item. Deposit and withdrawal.

So it basically costs 200 gold to remove the gems from your gear.

Quick question, if anyone here happens to know the answer: I'm looking for an extremely active Alliance server (NA, pve or pvp) to transfer my warlock to. Like, an Ally version of Area 52's Horde. Ideally, I'd just pop him over to A52 then faction transfer, but I'll be god damned if I'm going to pay a total of 55 bucks for the whole process. Thanks in advance.

Dresden

Hah, nice ele changes. Removing cooldown on Chain Lightning means the quality of life for AoE'ing shaman just jumped up hugely.
Also satisfied because when I posted on those freaking forums I made this suggestion for MONTHS.

I like how they've completely given up on fixing Earthquake or that dumb Fire Nova aoe mechanic they had.

PvP wise it's a nerf and pve enhance are going to be required to take Reverb from the ele tree, meaning they'll lose 2% elemental damage... but the spellpower fixes are going to more than make up for that. Overall, good fixes for the shaman dps specs, unless you for whatever reason care about the pvp in this game.

I'm oddly tempted to come back when the patch hits. Won't happen! I think.

Angry Grimace

Dresden said:
Hah, nice ele changes. Removing cooldown on Chain Lightning means the quality of life for AoE'ing shaman just jumped up hugely.
Also satisfied because when I posted on those freaking forums I made this suggestion for MONTHS.

I like how they've completely given up on fixing Earthquake or that dumb Fire Nova aoe mechanic they had.

PvP wise it's a nerf and pve enhance are going to be required to take Reverb from the ele tree, meaning they'll lose 2% elemental damage... but the spellpower fixes are going to more than make up for that. Overall, good fixes for the shaman dps specs, unless you for whatever reason care about the pvp in this game.

I'm oddly tempted to come back when the patch hits. Won't happen! I think.
I don't really get the point of not just saying you get a longer cooldown on Wind Shear if you pick Resto. It's annoying for leveling Shaman and requires to waste points.

Top Bottom