• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

devildog820 said:
I'll be running some of these new dungeons tonight. Shoot me a PM if you feel like grouping up.

You on Broxigar or the PvE one? Usually I just go Broxigar for the PTR. I think I'd have to download the whole thing though, but it should let me on even though I don't have an active sub (I think?)

Guess it doesn't really matter anyway since you can just do Real ID (at least temporarily.)

I may or may not be up for it if I can get it to work - certainly over the weekend if it does work for me, probably playing on a premade - my actual characters have outdated gear at this point. I can play nearly any class or role - I know I copied a paladin, mage, and rogue premade (though I'm not sure how to play a rogue well - he's more to test out the legendary questline if they offer that at some point.)

Paladin I'd probably be most comfortable tanking, Mage is lolsworthy, and I could probably copy a healer that I know how to play decently over as well (I did move my Shaman, but he has no gear.)

Also - Priest retrospective up - I like T5 and T6 among a few others. T13, again, is definitely different - I think it's pretty cool.

And the Legendary Dagger Set preview is up as well. Dear god - they are awesome. Stacking agility until you don't need combo points for awhile + increased damage finishers (and wings!).

Amazing.

And the wings do work as a parachute/slow fall! The things will outlive their usefulness as weapons just for that - like how I imagine the staff will be, transforming mount and all.

Not sure how to spec a disc priest, some builds I have looked at seem to suggest not taking archangel and atonement but I thought they were pretty key. Any suggestions?

I don't normally pay attention, but what's the usual time it takes between when a patch is first put on PTR to when it goes live? I'm thinking about 4 weeks? Got my 391 staff last night so anything less than 6 weeks and I won't get the legendary until after 4.3. (Not that big of a deal, though.)

I was not really looking forward to a new tier but some of the screenshots that are showing up are starting to get me interested. Mage set bonuses aren't that interesting in current form, but they seem a little better than the current ones at least.

wonderdung said:
I don't normally pay attention, but what's the usual time it takes between when a patch is first put on PTR to when it goes live? I'm thinking about 4 weeks? Got my 391 staff last night so anything less than 6 weeks and I won't get the legendary until after 4.3. (Not that big of a deal, though.)

I was not really looking forward to a new tier but some of the screenshots that are showing up are starting to get me interested. Mage set bonuses aren't that interesting in current form, but they seem a little better than the current ones at least.

For a big patch like this? Closer to 2-3 months. Not everything is implemented yet, and they have dungeons/raid + other major things to test.

Once they start slowing down the amount of changes to the PTR, then it's usually 4 weeks or less until it goes to Live.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
wonderdung said:

4.1 and 4.2 were on the PTR 8-9 weeks.

CarbonatedFalcon said:
You on Broxigar or the PvE one? Usually I just go Broxigar for the PTR. I think I'd have to download the whole thing though, but it should let me on even though I don't have an active sub (I think?)

Guess it doesn't really matter anyway since you can just do Real ID (at least temporarily.)

I may or may not be up for it if I can get it to work - certainly over the weekend if it does work for me, probably playing on a premade - my actual characters have outdated gear at this point. I can play nearly any class or role - I know I copied a paladin, mage, and rogue premade (though I'm not sure how to play a rogue well - he's more to test out the legendary questline if they offer that at some point.)

Paladin I'd probably be most comfortable tanking, Mage is lolsworthy, and I could probably copy a healer that I know how to play decently over as well (I did move my Shaman, but he has no gear.)

PvE. I used my current characters as their iLvl is 366 and 371 (without PvP gear).

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
New Pally PVP gear.

i6ksh.jpg

Warriors will finally not have some horrible tincan gear. :D

TheYanger

Dresden said:
Hah, nice ele changes. Removing cooldown on Chain Lightning means the quality of life for AoE'ing shaman just jumped up hugely.
Also satisfied because when I posted on those freaking forums I made this suggestion for MONTHS.

I like how they've completely given up on fixing Earthquake or that dumb Fire Nova aoe mechanic they had.

They didn't give up on either of those. Earthquake is being buffed so you'd EQ and CL spam as ele, and the fire nova mechanic is being combined into lava lash and going to be the enhance AE.

Miletius

Wow. That looks incredibly cool. One of the ways I limit my time in WoW is to tell myself -- no serious alts, but the urge to dust off my pally, who I haven't played since BC is rising tremendously.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
mlarine said:
ran the new 5 man today, really really easy ofcourse with 378s but seems a bit undertuned in terms of mechanics

Yeah, each boss needs to do something else. Right now they do, like, one mechanic per boss.

Alex

I really think when they decided to bring in a new art director for the armor sets that it occurred partway through.

Half of the armor looks quite good with thicker, more disciplined detailing the other half is the same overwrought, eye-searingly colorful mess of random details that the game has struggled with for a little while.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
FUUU

"Some of you might have seen some recent speculation out there regarding the unannounced MMO and BlizzCon. There’s going to be a ton of information and content at the show -- including a closing concert by Foo Fighters, which we just revealed today -- but we want to be clear up front that we’re not going to be discussing the unannounced MMO."

Rokal

Given that leaked slate of upcoming Blizzard releases, you had to assume they weren't going to talk about it until next year's Blizzcon.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Rokal said:
Given that leaked slate of upcoming Blizzard releases, you had to assume they weren't going to talk about it until next year's Blizzcon.
Given Diablo 3 was announced 3 years ago and was playable at Blizzcon 08 and that StarCraft II was announced/playable in 2007.... no, not really.

Dunlop

I couldnt play on tuesday and my guild oneshotted the whole FL instance

So I pugged it last night

composed of 5 alts from another guild, then the rest puggers. Plow though the content but on

Alysrazor

A tank and dps dies right after the first P2 and nobody rezzes. Group manages to trigger the tornadoes while there are still many adds on the ground

we still win. I literally think someone would have to purposely kill themselves to not defeat a boss now

so silly

Alucrid

Banned
Dunlop said:
I couldnt play on tuesday and my guild oneshotted the whole FL instance

So I pugged it last night

composed of 5 alts from another guild, then the rest puggers. Plow though the content but on

Alysrazor

A tank and dps dies right after the first P2 and nobody rezzes. Group manages to trigger the tornadoes while there are still many adds on the ground

we still win. I literally think someone would have to purposely kill themselves to not defeat a boss now

so silly

Yep. We almost killed Alysrazor before the second Phase 1 last night. So easy.

Sometimes I despise the RNG of 10 man raiding.

I still havnt seen the healing shield drop from beth'tilac (7 normal, 6 heroic kills, still using the 372-heroic shield from Atramedes)

At least the mace (ko'gun hammer of the firelord) from heroic Rag dropped tonight.

/nerd rage

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Why do the PVP sets have three colors?

Edit:
Well, wowhead says "The Paladin set didn't have a breastplate, so it's safe to assume the last model of each set is an extra set that isn't going to be used. The first and second sets are normal and elite PvP season 11 models."

But, they could easily add a paladin chest....

Dunlop

TenaciousNorth said:
Not sure how to spec a disc priest, some builds I have looked at seem to suggest not taking archangel and atonement but I thought they were pretty key. Any suggestions?

really comes down to a playstyle thing. I prefer atonement spec for the interesting dynamics and to breeak the monotony of a non attonement disc spec.

But I didn't find it as useful at end game raiding so I specced out of it.

This was before the massive raiding nerf, I think next week I'll try to heal the raid in my shadow spec to see if we can actually wipe :p

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I looked at the dungeon loot from mmochampion, and wow... there is a healing axe. /mindblown

edit : wait, this stuff also drop in firelands. Proof that i dont raid much eh.

ampere

The new spell effect for lightning bolt looks weird :(

Granted, the current effect is more of a 'lightning ball', but I really hope what's on the PTR for lightning bolt is unfinished.

Alex said:
The Shaman changes are nice, but I figured they'd give Elemental something to compensate for the loss of that Fire Elemental set bonus. Seems like they'll be at a disadvantage without it.
We're all going to have to keep tier 12 two piece unless they give some other type of buff (or nerf that set bonus). The tier 13 four piece looks like it could fall off and not stack properly depending on procs unless they change the 4 second duration anyway.

Dresden said:
Hah, nice ele changes. Removing cooldown on Chain Lightning means the quality of life for AoE'ing shaman just jumped up hugely.
Also satisfied because when I posted on those freaking forums I made this suggestion for MONTHS.

I like how they've completely given up on fixing Earthquake or that dumb Fire Nova aoe mechanic they had.

PvP wise it's a nerf and pve enhance are going to be required to take Reverb from the ele tree, meaning they'll lose 2% elemental damage... but the spellpower fixes are going to more than make up for that. Overall, good fixes for the shaman dps specs, unless you for whatever reason care about the pvp in this game.
Well, they are buffing Earthquake by 75% which isn't really giving up on it, so I'll probably start taking that talent again.

The biggest PvP issue with the Wind Shear change for resto is that it would require losing Ancestral Swiftness. Without that mobility talent, getting away from a dps would be very difficult.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
ciaossu said:
The new spell effect for lightning bolt looks weird :(

Granted, the current effect is more of a 'lightning ball', but I really hope what's on the PTR for lightning bolt is unfinished.

We're all going to have to keep tier 12 two piece unless they give some other type of buff (or nerf that set bonus). The tier 13 four piece looks like it could fall off and not stack properly depending on procs unless they change the 4 second duration anyway.

Well, they are buffing Earthquake by 75% which isn't really giving up on it, so I'll probably start taking that talent again.

The biggest PvP issue with the Wind Shear change for resto is that it would require losing Ancestral Swiftness. Without that mobility talent, getting away from a dps would be very difficult.
LB would be better if it just looked exactly like Chain Lightning without any chaining, but that would probably "devalue" CL.

ampere

Angry Grimace said:
LB would be better if it just looked exactly like Chain Lightning without any chaining, but that would probably "devalue" CL.
I've thought this too. Chain lightning looks fantastic.

I think I'll save my worries for when 4.3 hits live servers, hopefully they fix the new effect.

We finally figured out the AOE in phase 2 on Heroic Rag last night... hopefully a kill this week or next!

Still amazed anyone had the patience for it pre-nerf.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
ciaossu said:
I've thought this too. Chain lightning looks fantastic.

I think I'll save my worries for when 4.3 hits live servers, hopefully they fix the new effect.
The new effect is fine, though.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
wonderdung said:
We finally figured out the AOE in phase 2 on Heroic Rag last night... hopefully a kill this week or next!

My guild is working on pretty much the same part. We're having our druid go boomkin, which should help

C.Dark.DN

Banned
wonderdung said:

We still haven't downed rag normal and I'm losing patience. Some core members had to quit and we only have 1 night to raid. The replacements are flakey. This guy rage logged off after killing domo because of a loot issue that could have been solved if he spoke up. We have like 30 attempts the past 2 months. Some scrubs that wiped for months on half of the bosses Pre-nerf downed Rag because of solid raid nights. We haven't had any solid night post nerf. Wasting time trying out people on Rag that have 0/7. I bet we'd get heroics easily since everything else is faceroll. Don't even hit the orb phase on Domo. The guy gettiing legendary doesn't want to extend raid lockout right now and lose a week.

We only had one night this week to raid so we decided to only give the heroics a couple shots a piece and hope for the best. Got Shannox and Domo on our second attempts. Rhyolith was fairly easy too but we just didn't have enough time to perfect our strat and still get to Rag in time. Oh well, I think we'll make some good progress next week.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
looks like they updated the set bonuses. i don't have time to compare.

ciaossu said:
they just increased the 2pc to 2000 mastery

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
That paladin PvP set... so impressed. So detailed!

Alucrid

Banned
Azwethinkweiz said:
We only had one night this week to raid so we decided to only give the heroics a couple shots a piece and hope for the best. Got Shannox and Domo on our second attempts. Rhyolith was fairly easy too but we just didn't have enough time to perfect our strat and still get to Rag in time. Oh well, I think we'll make some good progress next week.

What did you do for Domo? We got Shannox first attempt more or less (he despawned for some reason on the very first try) and Lord Rhy after a few wipes. I still haven't downed normal rag yet either lol.

Alucrid

Banned
DeathNote said:
looks like they updated the set bonuses. i don't have time to compare.

they just increased the 2pc to 2000 mastery

Nothing new for Hunters. Still have to focus dump into stupid arcane shot.

Oh, Hunter T13 is ok.

oops, double post, sorry.

Mairu

Alucrid said:
What did you do for Domo? We got Shannox first attempt more or less (he despawned for some reason on the very first try) and Lord Rhy after a few wipes. I still haven't downed normal rag yet either lol.
Domo heroic is easier than normal domo due to concentration & the lack of heavy raid damage. You just never take a flame scythe on heroic 10 man

Top Bottom