• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Tamanon

Banned
Bisnic said:
Latest PTR patch notes :

Lol, talk about reducing the amount of time you'll play those. But then... who will want to play the troll heroics once the new 5 mans are out? Unless all five of them share the same random queue.

Troll heroics are being rolled into the normal Heroic queue. New ones will be by themselves.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Tamanon said:
Troll heroics are being rolled into the normal Heroic queue. New ones will be by themselves.

I dont understand why theyre not doing the same thing as WOTLK.... put them all in the same queue, but restrict people without the proper gear for the harder ones, instead of having all the geared people doing the same 2 or 3 heroics again and again.

I guess their reason is because the original heroics are just too damn easy for people in T11-T12-T13.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Bisnic said:
I dont understand why theyre not doing the same thing as WOTLK.... put them all in the same queue, but restrict people without the proper gear for the harder ones, instead of having all the geared people doing the same 2 or 3 heroics again and again.

I guess their reason is because the original heroics are just too damn easy for people in T11-T12-T13.
Last time I was on the PTR, the heroics no longer offered differing Valor amounts. They both had 150. That might have been an error.

Dot50Cal

Banned
No Grimace, that was added in the patch notes on the PTR. A much needed change imo, I am so sick of the troll heroics at this point.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Bisnic said:
Latest PTR patch notes :

Zul'Gurub

Players now only have to kill two of the four initial dungeon bosses (High Priest Venoxis, Broodlord Mandokir, High Priestess Kilnara, and Zanzil) to face Jin’do the Godbreaker.

Zul'Aman

Players now only have to kill two of the four Troll avatars before they may face Hex Lord Malacrass.
Lol, talk about reducing the amount of time you'll play those. But then... who will want to play the troll heroics once the new 5 mans are out? Unless all five of them share the same random queue.
Muhahahaha, I'm redeemed.

I believe I said something needs to be done about ZA's length without nerfing the mount run.

But, the new gear is going to nerf it in 4.3. They need to roll it out earlier.

They definitely need to roll the AQ key fix out earlier. They need to separate things needed NOW.

DeathNote said:
so you say heroic domo is easier than normal? 10 man? what's the strat?

can you rank all 6?

0/7/0/7 strat.

Meaning you dont take any scythes. Spread out and 70 energy, collapse back after the 7th jump.

Really easy fight.

Agkel

Marco1 said:
I have a celestial steed code for whoever PM's me first.
Edit: It's gone, sorry.
You got me all hot and bothered and now sadface... :(
Celestial steed is the only thing I'm missing from the Blizz store.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
DeathNote said:
Muhahahaha, I'm redeemed.

I believe I said something needs to be done about ZA's length without nerfing the mount run.

But, the new gear is going to nerf it in 4.3. They need to roll it out earlier.

They definitely need to roll the AQ key fix out earlier. They need to separate things needed NOW.
No more pug mount runs; everyone will just run past it.

Bisnic

Yeah, everyone will just kill the eagle and bear bosses and go straight to the middle for the last 2. I'm glad about this because the dragonhawk boss was really annoying to tank as a warrior, not to mention all the damn trash with scouts and flame casters right before him.

TheYanger

Tamanon said:

Their VP post makes it sound like ALL heroics are back into one single random dungeon queue, wrath style. presumably you just won't get the newer ones without min ilevel

strafer

Oh Blizz.

9feKy.jpg

RPGCrazied

So, Blizzcon is not to far off. Will we get some sort of trailer for the new expansion? Since Titan is going to be a no show. I don't think Blizzcon will be all about Diablo 3 and Heart of the Swarm. It has to be shown too.

I hope we get playable Naga this time.

Bisnic

RPGCrazied said:
So, Blizzcon is not to far off. Will we get some sort of trailer for the new expansion? Since Titan is going to be a no show. I don't think Blizzcon will be all about Diablo 3 and Heart of the Swarm. It has to be shown too.

Of course they're going to show a trailer since 4.3 is apparently the last patch of Cataclysm, unless they plan to show it outside of Blizzcon, which would be kind of weird.

RPGCrazied

Oh. Well if the title is correct that they seemed to trademark, "Mists of Pandoria"? I can only just assume Pandarian's will be playable. Give those to alliance, give horde Naga.

Angry Grimace

RPGCrazied said:

I sincerely doubt we're getting a new race to play.

Bisnic

I guess they could add another heroic class, like a healing one.

But i bet having to balance a new class must be Blizzard's worst nightmare.

Miletius

I hope they just try to add some interesting new stuff to all of the classes they already have. I'm kinda feeling let down by this expansion in general and a lot of it has to do with how poor a lot of new class features have turned out so I'm hoping they go back to the drawing board and try to make things more interesting.

Bisnic said:

Definitely would have to be a class with a healing spec. Still, I don't know how it would happen. 11 classes is harder to reconcile than 9 or 10 (easily divisible, and a nice even number.)

Things would just be kind of messy with a prime number of classes. But I don't think they could introduce two new classes at once either - way too much to balance.

It's would certainly be unusual without a new class or new races, as we've gotten one or the other every expansion so far, so there's a precedent. However, I think it's possible that a lack of novelty there could be expected this go around. Especially with that datamined set of level 80 gear for all classes - I think they may just have an option to create level 80s in some way, shape, or form.

We certainly aren't going to be seeing a new class that you would have to play all the way from level 1, and if they don't update Outland, 80 is probably the most reasonable place to start.

So I'm really curious, but you still couldn't guarantee anything at this point. The show certainly isn't going to be carried solely by Diablo 3 and Heart of the Swarm.

If anything, I think that if it is Panderan, that we'll see them as a neutral race, like the Death Knight was a neutral class, where they could be integrated into both factions. I'm not sure how you'd deal with the silhouette issue, but there are solutions to that problem.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
A new class would be the hardest, new races easiest, but It's at least time for old race models to be updated.

I'd like to be able to gain reputation with alliance or horde with any race.

Pollux

DeathNote said:
A new class would be the hardest, new races easiest, but It's at least time for old race models to be updated.

I'd like to be able to gain reputation with alliance or horde with any race.
if you can gain rep with alliance or horde with any race then what the hell is the point of factions. I just want naga. it's not going to happen but it would be cool.

ampere

A friend in my guild wants Naga Druids and would even faction change if Horde got them lol. Personally I love my dwarf, but I would roll a Naga or Pandaren if they were added.

You do have to wonder if Blizzard would ever want to add another class to the game after the Death Knight balancing nightmare.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
i dont think they're going to add another class unless the game was going to truly benefit from it (meaning, more people subscribing, not necessarily balance)

i think they'd probably add another spec to each class before adding a whole new class.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
zmoney said:
if you can gain rep with alliance or horde with any race then what the hell is the point of factions. I just want naga. it's not going to happen but it would be cool.
Let me be more clear.... I want to defect.
There's quite a few reps in the game where you become hated with one while trying to become exalted with the other.

ampere

davepoobond said:
i dont think they're going to add another class unless the game was going to truly benefit from it (meaning, more people subscribing, not necessarily balance)

i think they'd probably add another spec to each class before adding a whole new class.
Oh god adding a spec to each class would be effectively adding ~ 10/3 = 3 classes (since that would equal 10 new talent trees) :lol

I can't see that ever happening, it would be an absolutely colossal undertaking. And that isn't really something that could be done incrementally, it would have to be all classes get a new spec or none do.

I'm really hoping for improved character models and a new continent in the new expansion.

I would love to see tri-spec too. Playing my off-off spec (enhancement) is such a pain because I have to re-do all my action bars every time.

DeathNote said:
Let me be more clear.... I want to defect.
There's quite a few reps in the game where you become hated with one while trying to become exalted with the other.
Faction change? That's what it sounds like you are talking about. Otherwise I don't understand

Angry Grimace

Bisnic said:

I think they're going to try and do an expansion without either a race or a class. The problem with races is that they don't really add anything. It's the same thing with a new skin on it. When Belves and the Draenei came into the game, it was adding a new class because the you probably had the vast majority of your toons as one faction or the other and while you could play Pally or Shammy, you weren't really getting max level doing that.

Just adding a race like in Cataclysm is interesting for approximately 13 levels, and then is identical to any other way of playing the game except your gear visually fits poorly.

The problem is that adding neither class nor race makes it very iffy people are going to re-sub/buy the ex-pack itself, which is what they are really looking for on expansions.

Hero

davepoobond said:

They can barely balance each class having three trees, no way they'd be able to do four.

WoW's subs took a hit, I would expect at the very least one new class for the next expansion to make things interesting.

Angry Grimace

Does this addon exist?

I'm looking for one that will unmute when a random queue pops and make a lot of noise until the queue is either accepted or passes so I can do something else without hearing WoW sounds in the background.

Angry Grimace said:
Does this addon exist?

I'm looking for one that will unmute when a random queue pops and make a lot of noise until the queue is either accepted or passes so I can do something else without hearing WoW sounds in the background.

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/dungeon-finder-bang.aspx

BAM!

It doesn't seem like it has been updated recently, but it says it supports 4.2.

There may be others out there, but this is what I found with a quick search.

Alucrid

Banned
davepoobond said:

YES. More specs so I can have my WoW just how I like it. Unbalanced.

Bisnic

Holy crap, i've been doing random bgs the whole evening and won a grand total of one on both my alliance sub rogue and holy paladin combined.

brb rerolling horde pvp alt.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Bisnic said:
Holy crap, i've been doing random bgs the whole evening and won a grand total of one on both my alliance sub rogue and holy paladin combined.

I lose on my horde the majority of the time.. so...

I'm at 88/100 mounts and haven't got any of the PVP ones. I was working on it and then remembered how I can't do BGs unless it is AV weekend.

Fuck CTTF.

RPGCrazied

Naga don't need pants. Plus Naga in game already sport armor and weapons. Their mounts could be a chariot of some kind. One of the racials could be 150% speed in water, breath underwater too obviously.

Bisnic said:

Just play AV then. I would say Eye of the Storm too, but that's more 50/50.

Bisnic

DeathNote said:
I lose on my horde the majority of the time.. so...

I'm at 88/100 mounts and haven't got any of the PVP ones. I was working on it and then remembered how I can't do BGs unless it is AV weekend.

Fuck CTTF.

Then trade your useless justice points for honor?

CarbonatedFalcon said:
Just play AV then. I would say Eye of the Storm too, but that's more 50/50.

Yeah that's what i'm thinking too, but that 270 honor is so tempting. Guess i should just ignore the daily bg if i keep losing after 2-3 attempts.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Bisnic said:
Then trade your useless justice points for honor?
What justice points?

I have no accumulation with Firelands and BH giving me all my Valor. Farming dungeons for JP is boring and or torture.

Bisnic

Fuck it, i give up...Alliance can't even win AVs tonight either.

I should have played something else. :(

Alucrid

Banned
Bisnic said:
Fuck it, i give up...Alliance can't even win AVs tonight either.

I should have played something else. :(

Playing WoW for seven (non consecutive) years I still have no clue what to do in AV.

Bisnic

Alucrid said:
Playing WoW for seven (non consecutive) years I still have no clue what to do in AV.

Cap towers/bunkers as fast as possible, defend them for 4 mins, kill mid-boss and attack the last one when only 1 or 2 towers/bunkers are left if the other team is close to do the same. Get mines if the game turns out to be a turtle since they slowly regen reinforcements.

Not very hard, Alliance obviously still have an advantage on this map if both teams only rush and ignore each others, yet... if you see Horde doing some decent defense around Galv/IBT/TP, it all goes to hell for Alliance and the bg will most likely end into a turtle, and since Alliance sucks more at PVP than Horde(usually), they lose reinforcements at a faster rate than them. Seriously, that one AV had Alliance destroying 1 more tower than Horde, and yet Horde still managed to get more reinforcements than Alliance in the end since they died so fast.

Turtles are more interesting then rushes though at least. It may take awhile, but it's pretty fun.

Sad that it's not ever played "properly" anymore with the air strikes, ground riders, or the massive boss summons. With reinforcements, there's no point. If they made those advantages easier to obtain, they might come into use again.

You do occasionally see the armor buff, but that's not such a big deal.

markot

Banned
I remember how good AV was back when it took days to finish >.<.

Which is sad cause it was still pretty bad, but in comparison to 'new' av, its streets ahead!

Dunlop

markot said:
I remember how good AV was back when it took days to finish >.<.

Which is sad cause it was still pretty bad, but in comparison to 'new' av, its streets ahead!

I remember staying up all night i a AV, leaving for work and rejoining when I got back home

ah, good times

(ok maybe not)

Top Bottom