• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucis

Shaman rips PVE apart, so I'm not gonna bother learning anything else.

Healing Shaman is pretty much essential for gold challenges too.

Elemental shaman is really bad at PVP now, resto shaman isn't bad actually, it's just NOT AS GOOD

Druid is op because healer can do insane burst too. Paladin being Paladin.... Priest is the only healer that's really having problem now I believe...

Robin64

Did someone say.. epic rings?

wDsqi.png

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

wDsqi.png
Jesus Christ, STOP GIVING US EPIC RINGS!!!

Also, frikkin' EU being early with everything :(

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I got 3 Sigils of Power from LFR since i started last week.

Am i very lucky or are they that common?

mclem

Good news: we had enough to do 25-man Mogu'shan Vaults!

Bad news: Politics. Halfway through the first hour one of the healers got a bit ranty about people failing to avoid damage. One of the DPS then got ranty about the fact that they were fed up with some players always putting other players down. Then a couple of healers left.

Good news: After a bit of negotiation and stalling for time in LFR, everyone regrouped and we ultimately downed Stone Guard. It's nice to hand out six upgrades to people!

(My stance on the middle bit: The DPS could indeed be better at avoiding damage. However, I think the complaining healers hadn't taken into account the fact that petrify acts as a stacking slow, making it increasingly challenging to avoid such obstacles, and many of the DPS had never actually downed the fight before outside of LFR, where it's *vastly* simpler. As I've been saying a lot lately, the fights in this expansion are very much awareness fights, and your DPS rises significantly simply through the movements required becoming second-nature)

Bestest news: One horseman kill, one sword to add to my collection.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Aaaaand I accidentally bought duplicates of the leather shoulder + chest heirloom :lol there goes 4k JP.

Yoshichan

I've wiped more on Direbrew than on Stone Guards LFR :lol

LadyRiven

wDsqi.png

Awww, sweet! I sure hope I get that darn horse mount this year. Seems like everyone got one the past couple of years. I was always in CA visiting my BF around Blizzcon (which was always during Hallow's End) and didn't have time to kill Headless Horseman daily.

First time in WoW?

No but I never had the chance to get really into sort of speak. I never did any dungeons or anything like that. I think the highest toon I leveled was 70 something. I've tried lots of other MMO's but always come back to WoW lol. I maxed out my chars in GW2 and SWTOR and then just stopped playing. GW2 was especially disappointing end game.

Trickster

Maaaaan, this game blows. So after I wait in queue for almost 2 hours as a tank to lfr. I get into a raid and kill boss 4, 5 and 6. Use coins on all 3, and get nothing...

At least the last fight was a lot of fun. Tanking one of the two boss dudes, having to evade those attacks, and being rewarded with an opportunistic strike if you avoid all of them is super fun.

Yoshichan

Maaaaan, this game blows. So after I wait in queue for almost 2 hours as a tank to lfr. I get into a raid and kill boss 4, 5 and 6. Use coins on all 3, and get nothing...
I really don't wanna pour salt into the wounds but everytime I hear/read about someone using coins for LFR, I cringe ._. Even if you don't raid, you could at least be using them on Sha/Galleon/first couple of bosses as a PUG.

Lucis

I really don't wanna pour salt into the wounds but everytime I hear/read about someone using coins for LFR, I cringe ._. Even if you don't raid, you could at least be using them on Sha/Galleon/first couple of bosses as a PUG.

Sha, sure
Galleon, LOL?
First couple of bosses as a PUG? Not everyone is on malganis with a huge population and experienced raiders with alts. With the raid this new PUGS aren't gonna be successful mostly, I would not want to bang my head with a pug for 3 hours at this point.

Most people will use coins in LFR, why not?

Rokal

The chances of casual players (who do not do normal/heroic raids) getting in on a Galleon kill is approximately 0. Even if you used a coin every week on Sha, you'd still have 2 spare. No use saving them if you don't plan to do content beyond LFR.

Trickster

Right now I'm just doing LFR. My klaxxi and golden lotus dailys, getting coins, rep and valor. As well as trying to get my last two item slots filled with heroic dungeon items.

After that I'll probably try and get into a raiding guild of some sort.

But I simply don't do outdoor bosses. It feels like the biggest waste of time ever. Your galleon self torture incident being a premiere example of why.

And I hate doing pug raids. If I have to sit in the real raids and wipe. I need it to be with a group of people I'm familiar with.

Yoshichan

Trickster, what's the population of your server? Galleon might not be hard to camp.
And I hate doing pug raids. If I have to sit in the real raids and wipe. I need it to be with a group of people I'm familiar with.
No one wipes on 1-4/6-bosses :p Just sayin'. It's free loot, basically.

Lucis

Trickster, what's the population of your server? Galleon might not be hard to camp.

There's never people at the galleon pop when i go check on my server, does not mean i want to wait hours and hours while waiting for it to pop

No one wipes on anything but Elegon in normal? I am not even sure if that's elitist talk anymore, because you obviously haven't downed Elegon

Yoshichan

No one wipes on anything but Elegon in normal? I am not even sure if that's elitist talk anymore, because you obviously haven't downed Elegon
I'm speaking from experience, I've been a pug in groups that just started raiding and they go 4/6 with barely any wipes, and in less than 2-3 hours.

Elegon is also the fifth boss, so I have no idea wtf you're talking about :lol I clearly said 4/6 is almost wipe-free.

Lucis

I'm speaking from experience, I've been a pug in groups that just started raiding and they go 4/6 with barely any wipes, and in less than 2-3 hours.

Elegon is also the fifth boss, so I have no idea wtf you're talking about :lol I clearly said 4/6 is almost wipe-free.

While I agree first four bosses are very easy if you have 10 like minded people who are about the same skill level that can over come them. I don't think you realize the absolute truth about wow.

THE GAME IS NOT FUCKING HARD
finding competent people is.

Yoshichan

THE GAME IS NOT FUCKING HARD
finding competent people is.
Yeah, I've been lucky throughout this expansion, as-well as in Cata and Wrath.

Heck, from personal experience I've noticed that pugging seems to result in more progress than my actual guild :lol then again, that's not saying much, since I've always been in terrible, terrible guilds (outside of vanilla/TBC).

edit: I still find it hard to believe that people actually spend days wiping on 0-4 bosses though. I just don't "get" that.

Lucis

Yeah, I've been lucky throughout this expansion, as-well as in Cata and Wrath.

Heck, from personal experience I've noticed that pugging seems to result in more progress than my actual guild :lol then again, that's not saying much, since I've always been in terrible, terrible guilds (outside of vanilla/TBC).

You probably missed a very important fact I listed a few post above.

YOUR SERVER
That's the only reason why, high end PVE server bring what?
High end PVE'er with alts
which translates to
you running with them (likely)

People can spend so many hours wiping on LFR, what's hard to believe? I've queued for 3 hour straight last night trying to do a clean LFR, I couldn't get one, always 2/6... until we said fuck it, gathered 6 healer in guild and a bunch dps to queue together to force a clean one.

I am a pretty good PVE'er, When I was hardcore, I downed sunwell before nerf. When WOTLK rolled around, we got server first and finished all the raids including 3drake sarth fairly quickly, people got bored and guild broke apart, I quit until Cata came, we got normal nef before any nerf also.

Now I am casual, I won't be downing most bosses, does it mean I got bad? No, it simply means I can't give time commitment. I have looked into transfering to some where like Malganis where there are top PVE talent that I can just pug with when I do have time, but all my friends are still playing where I am currently on. It's really a trade off.

Fularu

Banned
People suck, what else is new? This is why I stay far away from pugs. Then again, I probably won't have a choice but most of the people I played with on MG have quit by now and the rest is on Illidan

Trickster

I think eu ravencrest is one of the most populated eu realms. Even if it weren't though. trying to get a boss like galloen, that has as long a respawn timer as it does, that also varies by days. It'd be a nightmare to try and kill him. Again, you should know :p

Yoshichan

I don't even get what Lucis is trying to say (he seems angry, it scares me). I haven't been on Mal'Ganis this whole time, and I've still downed bosses left and right as a pug. If anything, it's higher chance you'll be getting into a "bad" group on MG because everyone and their moms play on this server.

Is that what you're basically trying to say? It's the server?

Neki

august celestial dailies are fun, why can't the golden lotus dailies and klaxxi dailies be like those ones?

Lucis

I don't even get what Lucis is trying to say (he seems angry, I'm scared). I haven't been on Mal'Ganis this whole time, and I've still downed bosses left and right as a pug. If anything, it's higher chance you'll be getting into a "bad" group on MG because everyone and their moms play on this server.

Is that what you're basically trying to say? It's the server?

A lot of it, is server, people build reputation for pug.

Also when time goes on, those bosses will be downed by PUG a lot easier also. I remember when I came back to wow after quiting in 4.0 (after nef down), it was right before 4.3, the first few weeks, not PUG can be successful in it, but 2 months later? bosses go down pretty easily. Then another 2 months? Basically most PUGs can get 6/8 if not 7/8.

When the raid first comes out, PUGS do not have much success usually.

Yoshichan

When the raid first comes out, PUGS do not have much success usually.
Yup, I definitely get this. It's a combination of people just being undergeared + not knowing the basics of the fight.

Now I feel like I made a huge mistake getting an epic ring with Valor Points. At least I can get them for offspec when I run out!? Didn't know about the one at the end of Klaxxi exalted (though that's still a ways off for me.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom