• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucis

Yup, I definitely get this. It's a combination of people just being undergeared + not knowing the basics of the fight.

The guild I am in, the main raiding gorup has a bunch of slackers, or generally not good players.

I filled in for a week and half for them before they can find another player.

As a healer, while under geared I did better than the other healers.

On 2 healer fight I go DPS and out DPS mostly everyone but the guild leader...

Most players just arent' that good

Edit...
Did not mean to get first post again ;/

ampere

Had a really frustrating night of challenge mode attempts. Worked on Scarlet Halls a bit, using Yanger's guide which is quite good, but we could only get past the first 2 chained dogs about 1 in 5 attempts without the healer or a dps dying (dogs either came of the chain or someone was dumb and got too close).

The times we got beyond that part, we had two buckets get wasted, and the time we got past the first boss (making good time) everyone but me somehow got popped out of their invisibility pot in the cannon room so we called it for that dungeon : /. Not sure why they got popped out, I think one person used Death's Advance while invisible -_-

Tried Gate of the Setting Sun next... multiple dps deaths on the first trash part (standing in bombs), wipes on the second boss, wipes on the third boss (dps stood in the cleaves and we got overwhelmed by adds), couldn't kill the final boss

Makes me really sad :(, almost no signs of progress after wipes, people doing the same stupid thing over and over ugh.

Yeah, I've been lucky throughout this expansion, as-well as in Cata and Wrath.

Heck, from personal experience I've noticed that pugging seems to result in more progress than my actual guild :lol then again, that's not saying much, since I've always been in terrible, terrible guilds (outside of vanilla/TBC).

edit: I still find it hard to believe that people actually spend days wiping on 0-4 bosses though. I just don't "get" that.

Are you on Mal'Ganis? You're incredibly spoiled. Some servers are much worse off wrt pugs and groups. Stop being a dick about how other spend their coins. It's not like they're particularly rare.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Are you on Mal'Ganis? You're incredibly spoiled. Some servers are much worse off wrt pugs and groups. Stop being a dick about how other spend their coins. It's not like they're particularly rare.
I wasn't being a dick.

Also, I've been on Thrall (aka the casual of all casual servers) for 5 years.

Sophia

Cenarion Circle can at least do Sha of Anger, at any rate. That's about the extent of our pugging abilities tho. >_>;

Cenarion Circle can at least do Sha of Anger, at any rate. That's about the extent of our pugging abilities tho. >_>;

Faction balance also enters into it. If I'm alliance on Illidan (US), I'm using every coin in LFR, because that's just about all the raiding action I'm going to see. It's not a black/white bad decision, certainly not cringe-worthy. People have their goals in this game and the coins are a small charm to tip the balance of luck; not something worth min/maxing, ever.

Faction balance also enters into it. If I'm alliance on Illidan (US), I'm using every coin in LFR, because that's just about all the raiding action I'm going to see. It's not a black/white bad decision, certainly not cringe-worthy. People have their goals in this game and the coins are a small charm to tip the balance of luck; not something worth min/maxing, ever.

How many times were you ganked going from 85-90? I'm on Illidan too and I maybe saw two or three allies when I leveled in pandaria.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
With the new LFR system, is there a risk that we get something that we already have? I'd hate to waste a coin on a LFR boss, only to get a pair of gloves i'm already using instead of a necklace or something.

Finally did some PVP.

Mages are the dumbest OP class from these few experiences. I dunno how they are able to, but one mage casted like 8 Ice Lances on me.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
With the new LFR system, is there a risk that we get something that we already have? I'd hate to waste a coin on a LFR boss, only to get a pair of gloves i'm already using instead of a necklace or something.
Yup! That can happen.

Finally did some PVP.

Mages are the dumbest OP class from these few experiences. I dunno how they are able to, but one mage casted like 8 Ice Lances on me.
probably this
Glyph of Icy Veins Frost
Your Icy Veins causes your Frostbolt, Frostfire Bolt, Ice Lance, and your Water Elemental's Waterbolt spells to split into 3 smaller bolts that each do 160% damage, instead of increasing spell casting speed.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
cJITO.jpg

Tarazet

I really don't wanna pour salt into the wounds but everytime I hear/read about someone using coins for LFR, I cringe ._. Even if you don't raid, you could at least be using them on Sha/Galleon/first couple of bosses as a PUG.

I'm on Ghostlands. I got into groups for both Galleon and Sha of Anger today. The first one, we got a full raid together lickety-split and this dumb fucking Alliance guild sends out people that are PvP flagged onto the battlefield to get us flagged. They tag it twice, wipe, we tag it, and wipe because of the PvP going on inside the group. It was fucking disgraceful sportsmanship.

Then about 6 hours later on our Sha attempt, the same guild did the exact fucking same thing. This time, the Alliance guild downed it and the group immediately disintegrated rather than wait a few minutes for the respawn.

Fjordson

Wow. Trying to grab Cloud Serpent eggs is pretty much a lost cause already. It's 3 AM server time and there are people all over the area.

Oh well. Just something you have to get used to on a high pop server.

Acidote

I'm seriously considering switching guilds. We're still stuck on the first boss. There's like 5-6 people doing things almost perfect and the rest is plan awful.

Yoshichan

I'm kinda camping Galleon right now... kinda.

mclem

One of our lot got exactly the same item they'd just been awarded!

Bisnic

I really don't wanna pour salt into the wounds but everytime I hear/read about someone using coins for LFR, I cringe ._. Even if you don't raid, you could at least be using them on Sha/Galleon/first couple of bosses as a PUG.

Like you said, i don't raid. So i don't have time to look for a group for Sha or Galleon or even the first normal bosses with a PUG. Not everyone have as much free time to play as you.

So LFR is the only thing i have left to spend them on.

Yoshichan

I have a hard time believing that there's no "time" to find a raid group for Sha since it shouldn't take more than 5-10 minutes on any server during peak time. Especially during the first couple of days after maintenance.

Bisnic

I have a hard time believing that there's no "time" to find a raid group for Sha since it shouldn't take more than 5-10 minutes on any server during peak time. Especially during the first couple of days after maintenance.

I only have time to play like 2 hours a day, which is just enough time to do the dailies and put myself into a queue for one LFR or heroic run while i'm doing them. And I barely have time to lvl my alts, which is a higher priority for me than killing Sha.

So yeah, that's just how it is for me and many others.

Robin64

Yep. I don't have much time playing, so I spend that time doing dailies, dungeons, Scenarios, whatever. Doing even Sha is not something I am interested in. Therefore, LFR is the highest content for me, so spending coins there is fine.

So what are the best professions to have more than one of? I'm bringing up 4 alts at the moment and I have a surplus of profession slots. Inscription is out, even though it could be useful - I already have one maxed and even though he's on another server (for now), I'm not going through that pain again.

I'm thinking Alchemy and Tailoring probably. Alchemy for more transmutes + extra specializations, and Tailoring for more cooldown cloth for bags faster.

Oh, and there's the rep/experience buff outside Undercity too which is convenient. 10% for two hours. Great if you're still leveling in Pandaria. Not sure if the rep gain works on quests or just mob kills. Should work on everything I think though, which will make some of the Mists factions go a bit quicker for the next couple weeks.

Yoshichan

Yup, yup! Go get that 10% buff before doing any rep stuff in Pandaria~

Fjordson

Oh, and there's the rep/experience buff outside Undercity too which is convenient. 10% for two hours. Great if you're still leveling in Pandaria. Not sure if the rep gain works on quests or just mob kills. Should work on everything I think though, which will make some of the Mists factions go a bit quicker for the next couple weeks.
=0 thanks for the heads up.

Also, first horseman kill and he dropped a nice agility DPS ring. Lost it to a warrior (89 to his 90). QQ.

Yoshichan

Wow, apparently I haven't done the Northrend Tricks and Treat achievement o_o

*gets to it*

Yoshichan

Why do you remind me Blizzard :(?

54gQz.jpg

Rokam

Motanix aka Bugman

Regarding the final Klaxxi quest,
I'd totally join their side if the old gods ever returned in full force. I love the line "Your gods are not.. YOUR gods."

Managed to get from 68-77 today, need to hit 90 before Hallow's End goes away. I hate Northrend when it comes to leveling, not sure why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom