• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yoshi, if you don't mind me asking, why are you playing on US?
Don't mind at all, it's the most common question I get in WoW :3. I played the beta and a full year of vanilla on EU until I figured out the community just didn't fit me as well as I thought it would (Bladefist server). Gave another server a try, don't remember which one, and realized straight up that EU just wasn't for me (attitude, everyone speaking Swedish, etc).

Told my brother about this and he said we could give US a try, so we did and I fell in love immediately. What a difference (both negative and positive things, of course). After that, it just kinda snowballed. After a year in US, I got so many friends that I couldn't possibly switch over to any other region. At this point (5+ years in), there's 0% chance that I'll return - no matter how many irl buddies tries convincing me (and oh, have they tried, over and over again).

strafer

Don't mind at all, it's the most common question I get in WoW :3. I played the beta and a full year of vanilla on EU until I figured out the community just didn't fit me as well as I thought it would (Bladefist server). Gave another server a try, don't remember which one, and realized straight up that EU just wasn't for me (attitude, everyone speaking Swedish, etc).

Told my brother about this and he said we could give US a try, so we did and I fell in love immediately. What a difference (both negative and positive things, of course). After that, it just kinda snowballed. After a year in US, I got so many friends that I couldn't possibly switch over to any other region. At this point (5+ years in), there's 0% chance that I'll return - no matter how many irl buddies tries convincing me (and oh, have they tried, over and over again).

Ah, well then, carry on. :)

Also..only in WoW.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1212891-Breast-Sliders

Fjordson

I was just called a shitty hunter for my DPS being near a holy paladin in our group on the headless horseman.

Now I'm all self conscious. I'm in leveling greens and just started playing my hunter again a few weeks ago! People are jerks, man =[

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I was just called a shitty hunter for my DPS being near a holy paladin in our group on the headless horseman.

Now I'm all self conscious. I'm in leveling greens and just started playing my hunter again a few weeks ago! People are jerks, man =[

This is all that you need to remember. ;)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Just say "Your mom" or something. Perfect counter.

edit: Also, ignore them.

strafer

Welcome to WoW, where the community sucks.

Yoshichan

Nah, it is not. You either ignore them or you react, one of them is good, other is just good old chain of hatred :p
You've always been that "one or the other"-type of guy! I'm more of a "go for all of it"-guy!

Acidote

Just don't stand there like a turret and you'll be fine. I swear I'm cracking our hunter's head up if he just stands over an amethyst pool piling millions of dmg taken again tonight.

Robin64

Yeah, people are damn jerks. Our group was heading into the first boss room of the Shado-pan dungeon, I was a little behind and the door closed on me. Tank must have engaged. Suddenly the tank starts having a go at me, claiming I actually stepped BACK in order to not have to join in and just leech. Which is absolutely ridiculous.

Politely replied that was not the case and left. After eight years of this crap, you learn to not rise to anything.

Ultratech

Did some LFR last night and won the Agi trinket from Elegon. That's about it though.

Also, our first attempt on Elegon had 3/4 die to the almighty Floor Boss. Just sad. I kept expecting it to happen though, and even told them that the Floor Boss was gonna own them.

Yeah, people are damn jerks. Our group was heading into the first boss room of the Shado-pan dungeon, I was a little behind and the door closed on me. Tank must have engaged. Suddenly the tank starts having a go at me, claiming I actually stepped BACK in order to not have to join in and just leech. Which is absolutely ridiculous.

Politely replied that was not the case and left. After eight years of this crap, you learn to not rise to anything.

Yeah, that's just stupid. We were stuck on the last boss in LFR because people kept starting the encounter too early, and one guy goes and starts it just right after we'd gotten everyone rez'd. Not cool.

LFR truly brings out all the crazies and stupid people.

Yoshichan

Robin64

Finally clubbed together the mats last night to make my Ghost Reaver Gauntlets. No idea what to gem as a ret right now, but a friend gave me a free +320 Mastery (with +60 Strength bonus) and I used my bonus socket from BS for a +160 Strength. Good times.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
GOTTA GO FAST

sonic.jpg

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Oh yeah, and this.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=86042

That's 3 melee DPS trinkets with haste on them and not a single one with crit. Besides a blue, that is.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=89083

Different name, same stats. I think Blizzard forget that people play classes besides DKs.

On Shadow Council there was a guy in Trade begging for people to come raid the Sha at about 6 PM last night. I don't know how many it takes to kill him, but he still needed 10 DPS when I logged.

Sha only gets killed Tuesday and Wednesday on my server. No one forms a group besides those days.

Garryk

I have a hard time believing that there's no "time" to find a raid group for Sha since it shouldn't take more than 5-10 minutes on any server during peak time. Especially during the first couple of days after maintenance.
On Shadow Council there was a guy in Trade begging for people to come raid the Sha at about 6 PM last night. I don't know how many it takes to kill him, but he still needed 10 DPS when I logged.

Entropia

No One Remembers

I bet most people have already killed him lol

aesop

Just make sure you deflect everything and respond with "lol u mad bro?"

TimeKillr

With the new LFR system, is there a risk that we get something that we already have? I'd hate to waste a coin on a LFR boss, only to get a pair of gloves i'm already using instead of a necklace or something.

It happened to me yesterday - I tanked the first LFR wing, and I got a necklace drop off the first boss. Use a coin, and I get a second copy of the necklace... Complete waste of a coin.

I'd say look at the boss' loot table, see if there are more than one drop for your spec/class - if there is, you can use your coin, but if there isn't and you got a drop, don't waste it :)

TimeKillr

Oh yeah, and this.

That's 3 melee DPS trinkets with haste on them and not a single one with crit. Besides a blue, that is.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=89083

Different name, same stats. I think Blizzard forget that people play classes besides DKs.

Sha only gets killed Tuesday and Wednesday on my server. No one forms a group besides those days.

Yeah? As a Blood DK, I'm pissed that every piece of gear has crit on it - it's by *far* my worst tanking stat, and it's every fucking where.

There's *one* tanking weapon that's worth getting as a blood DK, and it's the sword off heroic SM. Hell in the first wing of Mogushan Palace the 2H weapon has god damn crit on it.

Worst is when it's hit + crit, like the epic heroic one. What the hell am I supposed to do with those 2 shitty tanking stats? :)

strafer

Okay, this is pretty interesting.

Just asked GC if he could talk about possible reasons why they would NOT allow players to choose between the new player models or the old.
Zarhym told us at Blizzcon that Blizzard will not let possible outcries from the community stop them from finally doing this.

From Blizzcon 2011:

We're not going to hide behind the statement that too many players will get mad if we tamper with their models, but it's a concern -- not a concern that's going to stop us from doing it, however.

Ghostcrawler's tweet in response 15 minutes ago:

We might. That would be a good way to reduce the "looks great but not my guy" factor.

At this point, I think it's a no brainer. But I would really like to know why there would ever be a question of not doing it myself. Any ideas? Maybe perhaps it's taking up the room they juggle in this game to keep specs down?

I can't imagine why they wouldn't allow the people who like their old models to keep them other than if Blizzard thinks the old models just look too crappy to the point they're making the game look bad to people, like they did with the druid beastforms.

I just got my AGI ring from the Headless Horseman. It took 12 runs total. The AGI ring dropped 3/12 times and I lost the first 2 rolls. Now to get to lvl 90 so I can wear it :p

Queuing as a tank was instant, as usual. However, I was annoyed at all taunting pets people seem to have now. They pulled aggro off me which always annoys me.

Enosh

Worst is when it's hit + crit, like the epic heroic one. What the hell am I supposed to do with those 2 shitty tanking stats? :)
nothing, you keep using the SM sword until you get the Sha axe (crit and mastery iirc)^^
well the heroic one with a crit->mastery reforge might be worth it
heroic elegon one I mean, not the 476 epic from 5 man heroics

I mean really, do I need to do the HH dailies? Cause I am pretty pooped after Golden, Serpent and tillers...

You could always put things like the Serpent dailies on the backburner during the event since they are not going anywhere and there are only mounts tied behind the reputation.

Sarcasm

Don't do them if you don't want any of the three Hallow's End pets or have them all and don't want the other "toys".

Which pets? Toys? I wish there was a wowhead guide (like they did for rep and stuff).

I got sinister squash looong time ago.

Haha at breast sliders. But seriously, I would use them. To make them smaller on my human mage (who is supposed to be rather slim) and my night elf. Human paladin though, perfect already :D. If anything, I wish my mage could have blood elf proportions.

I do wish they would hurry up on the models. It's so disheartening to see a new quest mob that has more polygons and animation in its whiskers than my entire character. But I guess once they update the ten legacy models, they need to do mounts, and then pets/battle pets... and then start over with the aged worgen and goblins, etc.

Sarcasm

Found a fast and quick way to get Elywnn Forest as horde. When doing the bomb SW quest log out and wait than log back in you will be at the GY in eastern side of forest (alive).

scoobs

How many times can you use a coin on a lfr boss?

you can only get loot on your first kill. so once. I made the mistake of using 2 of mine when LFR came out on my second run through because i didn't understand the system and im kicking myself for it!

C.Dark.DN

Banned
you can only get loot on your first kill. so once. I made the mistake of using 2 of mine when LFR came out on my second run through because i didn't understand the system and im kicking myself for it!
Someone replied a page or so ago to me earlier saying I could use it on boss already looted.

So I can't re-run it and use it?

Ppl are saying yes in the raid right now. Well 1.

TimeKillr

nothing, you keep using the SM sword until you get the Sha axe (crit and mastery iirc)^^
well the heroic one with a crit->mastery reforge might be worth it
heroic elegon one I mean, not the 476 epic from 5 man heroics

Unless the crit rating is abnormally high, it's still crap - at least the Sha axe has mastery, so you'd probably reforge crit into parry or dodge, but you're still stuck with crit.

The SM sword is expertise/mastery, which is the best itemization we can hope for - hit is not as useful as expertise, but there are *very* few weapons with mastery as it is, and most of them have crit. A lot of the plate DPS gear has crit too, which is completely worthless for Frost DKs, and it means I typically can't use DPS gear to fill in slots when tanking because it's a lot of wasted stats.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I'm about 15% into 87 with 22.5m saved up in rested. I'm just not enjoying leveling AT ALL. I want to do dungeons and shit, but I can't get myself to do these quests. Ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom