• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucis

Fuck in the past few days I just gave up on doing archeology and bandages (cooking I'll do if I have the fish, but I'm not going to buy them), and fishing it's about 50/50. Too much effort involved. The bandage quest is especially egregious, even though cloth is still overly plentiful.

The only one I do is arch digging, since I still want the umbrella (have every other rare)... wait... I am already exalted with cloud serpent XD, it's really not that bad,

Farming rep isn't bad either, I am 1 day away from exalted. They are usually fast too... I am debating if I want exalt with golden lotus or take a break and come back later for them.

Edit,
hmm I need to stop getting post number x01

I'm pretty sure that once I am Exalted with Golden Lotus I will stop doing those dailies entirely, because they take up the most amount of time out of all the factions and the little purse you get at the end too often contains nothing. I'd rather fish for Nat Pagle rep than compete for the 20 mobs around whitepetal lake with a dozen other players.

Ultratech

I tried, believe me i tried. But after 10 mins of flying around, i could only find 1 egg... i gave up. Not worth it. If they were shiny or something to make it easier to spot them, maybe i would bother, but no.

If they pop up, you can typically see them. They might obscured by your camera angle, but they're generally visible.

Outside of the first day I went looking for them (the day before the hotfix), there weren't many around in general. After that, I was lucky to even find one after doing my stuff for the day.

Fuck in the past few days I just gave up on doing archeology and bandages (cooking I'll do if I have the fish, but I'm not going to buy them), and fishing it's about 50/50. Too much effort involved. The bandage quest is especially egregious, even though cloth is still overly plentiful.

I just did the bandage quest mostly. My other professions weren't really high enough or I didn't want to spend time Fishing. They don't add much rep either. (I think I was getting like 138 rep or so with benefits.)

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm pretty sure that once I am Exalted with Golden Lotus I will stop doing those dailies entirely, because they take up the most amount of time out of all the factions and the little purse you get at the end too often contains nothing. I'd rather fish for Nat Pagle rep than compete for the 20 mobs around whitepetal lake with a dozen other players.

There's literally nothing to be gained from Exalted Lotus other than the crane mounts and a free 489 necklace (which you could more efficiently farm through VP).

What you actually get at exalted is as follows:

August Celestials - You can buy a Thundering Cloud Serpent (gold colored) and the right to ride Alani from the Vale if you get a Sky Crystal
Golden Lotus - 489 necklace quest reward + three crane mounts
Shado-pan - Tiger Mounts, a free Onyx Cloud Serpent and replica Shado-pan helmets
Klaxxi - 463 weapons that will assuredly be obsolete by the time you obtain Exalted plus an Amber Scorpion mount (costs money) plus a 489 ring.

Rokal

There's literally nothing to be gained from Exalted Lotus other than the crane mounts and a free 489 necklace (which you could more efficiently farm through VP)

Plenty of other slots to spend that VP on though. I wish I had known that Klaxxi/GL gave gear at exalted. I wouldn't have stopped doing them 1-2 weeks ago.

Lucis

The final quest at klaxii and GL gives 489?
Hmm I stopped Klaxii at honored since nothing I want at revered, anyone can link the quest reward?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Hey look, another ring! That'll be my fifth epic ring I get in MoP so far.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Link me your Armory, Yoshi.
Armory hasn't worked for me for two days now :( (it says server can't be found, without loading the page or anything - it just goes there immediately).

Go to armory, search for Yoshichan (Mal'Ganis PVP)

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Lol, nice that's actually an awesome ring, the spirit ring came with crit for VP, which isn't that great for shaman, This is a lot better.

But that means you have 2 489 ring with out even raiding lol. I think you can probably get almost get a full 489 set with out needing to raid ? lol

My gear is at 473 and I have downed one normal raid boss and have never gotten any trinkets to drop in any Pandaria dungeon or mode. You can also obtain a 470 ring for your spec during Hallow's End starting tomorrow.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Armory hasn't worked for me for two days now :( (it says server can't be found, without loading the page or anything - it just goes there immediately).

Go to armory, search for Yoshichan (Mal'Ganis PVP)
Link for easy access: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/Mal'Ganis/Yoshichan/simple

What browser do you use?

Talking about things that don't work properly, I saw this bugged mob in the Vale today:

spiderintheskywithdia2ae9k.png

Spiders there seem to be really potent when it comes to bugging out.

strafer

Rösti;43317034 said:
Talking about things that don't work properly, I saw this bugged mob in the Vale today:

Spiders there seem to be really potent when it comes to bugging out.

Good lord, dat resolution.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Thank you, I'm using Firefox and I recently updated it... do you know how I might fix it? It's the ONLY site that doesn't work for me.
Have you checked what kind of cookies the site stores, and have you cleared cache and cookies as well? It's been running slow for me lately as well, and I use Chrome and Opera, occasionally Safari. The Javascript on the page isn't that heavy, but make sure you've got the latest versions of Java.

Btw, I copied this (slightly more detailed than on the page itself) for you, from the source file, might be of interest:

health": 371047,
"power": 300000,
"powerTypeId": 0,
"hasOffhandWeapon": false,
"masteryName": "Mastery: Total Eclipse",
"masteryDescription": "Increases the bonus damage from Eclipse by 15%.",
"averageItemLevelEquipped": 477,
"averageItemLevelBest": 477,
"shadowResist": 0,
"dmgMainMin": 1680,
"rangeCritRatingPercent": 4.460000038146973,
"critRating": 2676,
"rangeHitPercent": 16.973529815673828,
"parry": 0,
"rangeHasteRating": 3085,
"spellHitPercent": 16.973529815673828,
"strBase": 105,
"expertiseOff": 0,
"spellDmg_petSpellDmg": -1,
"dmgOffMax": 0,
"armor_petArmor": -1,
"rangeBonusWeaponRating": 0,
"blockRatingPercent": 0,
"arcaneCrit": 11.533660888671875,
"spellDamage": 18377,
"armorTotal": 16822,
"agi_armor": 354,
"holyResist": 0,
"rangeBonusWeaponSkill": 0,
"resilienceRating": 534,
"expertiseOffPercent": 0,
"spellHitRatingPercent": 16.973529815673828,
"agi_ap": 0,
"hasteRating": 3085,
"pvpPowerRatingPercent": 2.015094041824341,
"masteryBase": 15.000000953674316,
"frostCrit": 11.533660888671875,
"resistHoly_pet": -1,
"dmgMainMax": 3070,
"atkPowerBase": 445,
"armorPenetration": 0,
"pvpPowerRating": 534,
"dmgRangeSpeed": -1,
"health": 371047,
"masteryRating": 4169,
"bonusOffWeaponRating": 0,
"agiTotal": 177,
"dmgOffSpeed": 1.8650000095367432,
"rangeAtkPowerLoss": 0,
"resilience": 41.71635055541992,
"resistFire_pet": -1,
"dmgOffMin": 0,
"spellDmg_petAp": -1,
"intTotal": 13235,
"staTotal": 16046,
"manaRegenPerFive": 12727,
"masteryRatingBonus": 13.028124809265137,
"fireDamage": 18377,
"dmgOffDps": 0,
"spellCritRating": 2676,
"expertiseRatingPercent": 0,
"sta_hp": 224384,
"sprTotal": 5960,
"fireCrit": 11.533660888671875,
"rangeCritRating": 2676,
"hasteRatingPercent": 7.258822917938232,
"shadowCrit": 11.533660888671875,
"armorPenetrationPercent": 0,
"rap_petSpellDmg": -1,
"dodge": 3.1707780361175537,
"resistNature_pet": -1,
"rangeCritPercent": 12.08052921295166,
"energy": 100,
"baseResilience": 40,
"rangeAtkPowerBase": 0,
"rage": 100,
"hitRatingPercent": 16.973529815673828,
"pvpPower": 2.015094041824341,
"resilience_damage": 1.7163515090942383,
"strTotal": 185,
"rangeHitRating": 5771,
"expertiseRanged": 0,
"bonusOffMainWeaponSkill": 0,
"block_damage": 30,
"frostResist": 0,
"atkPowerTotal": 445,
"armorBase": 16822,
"parryRatingPercent": 0,
"dodgeRating": 0,
"defensePercent": 0,
"parryRating": 0,
"hitRating": 5771,
"resilience_crit": 1.7163515090942383,
"healing": 18377,
"manaRegenCombat": 6000,
"spellPenetration": 0,
"int_sp": 0,
"natureDamage": 18377,
"fireResist": 0,
"holyCrit": 11.533660888671875,
"dmgMainDps": 1341.101318359375,
"int_crit": 7.073661804199219,
"critPercent": 12.08052921295166,
"atkPowerLoss": 0,
"spellHitRating": 5771,
"rangeAtkPowerTotal": 0,
"expertiseMain": 0,
"bonusResilience": 1.7163519859313965,
"dmgMainSpeed": 1.7710000276565552,
"agiBase": 97,
"defense": 0,
"rap_petAp": -1,
"armorPercent": 26.66793441772461,
"sta_petSta": -1,
"mastery": 28.028125762939453,
"rangeHitRatingPercent": 16.973529815673828,
"agi_crit": 7.620530128479004,
"sprBase": 189,
"intBase": 173,
"dmgRangeMin": -1,
"arcaneResist": 0,
"ap_dps": 31.785715103149414,
"focus": 0,
"resistArcane_pet": -1,
"dodgeRatingPercent": 0,
"mana": 300000,
"atkPowerBonus": 0,
"bonusMainWeaponSkill": 0,
"resistShadow_pet": -1,
"block": 0,
"expertiseMainPercent": 0,
"hitPercent": 16.973529815673828,
"spr_regen": 6727,
"expertiseRating": 0,
"shadowDamage": 18377,
"spellCritRatingPercent": 4.460000038146973,
"arcaneDamage": 18377,
"power": 300000,
"critRatingPercent": 4.460000038146973,
"str_ap": 175,
"natureResist": 0,
"resistFrost_pet": -1,
"chi": 0,
"runicPower": 0,
"bonusMainWeaponRating": 0,
"blockRating": 0,
"spellCritPercent": 11.533660888671875,
"dmgRangeDps": -1,
"rangeAtkPowerBonus": 0,
"holyDamage": 18377,
"frostDamage": 18377,
"dmgRangeMax": -1,
"str_block": -1,
"rangeHasteRatingPercent": 7.258822917938232,
"staBase": 594,
"natureCrit": 11.533660888671875,

Yoshichan

Good lord, dat resolution.
I played at that resolution until recently but it looked nowhere near as bad as in that picture :3 I have no idea wtf's going on in Röstis pictures!

edit: Thanks Rösti for the details! I'll try clearing cache and whatnot as well!

There's literally nothing to be gained from Exalted Lotus other than the crane mounts and a free 489 necklace (which you could more efficiently farm through VP).

I do like the lore, though. By day 2 I'd 100% completed every non-daily quest in every zone (minus scenarios and stuff like the tiller friends quests), and I do like that each hub has its own 'progress' as you advance from honored > revered > exalted. I'm mostly grinding GL rep to see how it 'ends.' The ring is a nice bonus.

But after that, I'm probably not looking back. At least not until I run out of lesser charms (lolyearight)

Yoshichan

But after that, I'm probably not looking back. At least not until I run out of lesser charms (lolyearight)
Watch how when the next expansion hits (and they take away the coins), having 5000 coins will award you a feat of strength just like [1000 Stone Keeper's Shards]!

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I played at that resolution until recently but it looked nowhere near as bad as in that picture :3 I have no idea wtf's going on in Röstis pictures!
That's what it looks like for me, I run the game in 640x480 and capture screenshots in TGA format.

Angry Grimace

I do like the lore, though. By day 2 I'd 100% completed every non-daily quest in every zone (minus scenarios and stuff like the tiller friends quests), and I do like that each hub has its own 'progress' as you advance from honored > revered > exalted. I'm mostly grinding GL rep to see how it 'ends.' The ring is a nice bonus.

As far as I can tell you gain nothing from moving from AC Friendly to Honored and nothing at Revered either. It's just a really slow burn.

Yoshichan

I put the game on the lowest settings/resolution, went to the same place (and even used the same mount) and tried to get the same quality out of the picture... better or worse, that's the question :lol

bM86C.jpg

Yoshichan

I wouldn't even know where to watch...

Watch how when the next expansion hits (and they take away the coins), having 5000 coins will award you a feat of strength just like [1000 Stone Keeper's Shards]!

And just like the 1000 shards feat, I'm going to say 'wow that's a fucking waste of time' and move on to the next thing.

Yoshichan

And just like the 1000 shards feat, I'm going to say 'wow that's a fucking waste of time' and move on to the next thing.
:lol That's the correct attitude for this kind of shit! I need to learn that from you.

I wouldn't even know where to watch...

Virtually all attention is on the center screen. Target health at top. Mini map, minimized/semi transparent world map, and quest on the right screen. The left screen has group frame/raid info, quest details, and dps meter. That's also where my character window shows. All my bags open on the right screen.

The extended view is fantastic for PvP. For example, I can sit stealthed at mines in AB and keep watch over both entrances as well as the flag and cliff top (for floaters). I can also see someone coming at me from a normally unviewable angle and take appropriate action.

Three monitors makes WoW much, much better IMO. You have to see and play it to appreciate it. It's amazing in motion.

Virtually all attention is on the center screen. Target health at top. Mini map, minimized/semi transparent world map, and quest on the right screen. The left screen has group frame/raid info, quest details, and dps meter. That's also where my character window shows. All my bags open on the right screen.

The extended view is fantastic for PvP. For example, I can sit stealthed at mines in AB and keep watch over both entrances as well as the flag and cliff top (for floaters). I can also see someone coming at me from a normally unviewable angle and take appropriate action.

Three monitors makes WoW mich, much better IMO. You have to see and play it to appreciate it. It's amazing really.

I think I'd get a headache trying to hunt herb/fish nodes with this setup. My eyes don't enjoy travelling that far for an hour or more at a time. Unless you use some kind of HUD showing you local nodes on your farming routes. I'd love to compare UI notes with other gaffers though. I've not yet settled on a final UI for my rogue, still just a cobbled bunch of leftover addons that didn't break during the 5.0 patches.

I think I'd get a headache trying to hunt herb/fish nodes with this setup. My eyes don't enjoy travelling that far for an hour or more at a time. Unless you use some kind of HUD showing you local nodes on your farming routes. I'd love to compare UI notes with other gaffers though. I've not yet settled on a final UI for my rogue, still just a cobbled bunch of leftover addons that didn't break during the 5.0 patches.

Since this screenshot, I have moved the mini map to the upper left of my right monitor and increased the size a great deal (using Move Anything mod). It's within my normal field of view so it's nice. In order to see info on the extreme left and right sides, you do have to turn your head. Hence, non esssential into goes there.

Yoshichan

My archeology things aren't disappearing :lol

L3Rsg.jpg

Lucis

Speaking of UI

I completely got rid of all addons coming MOP, with only a few essential ones added back (none of themchange anything cosmetically though) such as OMNICC, grid, dbm....
I miss a slick look on my wow =(
I think i'll spend some time this weekend to re-image my wow
any suggestions?

Yoshichan

This shit is craaaaazy XD

LBmbI.jpg

Fjordson

My problem with the Cloud Serpent dailies is that my professions have always been a joke in WoW. So I have First Aid, but it was at like 400. Too low to use the bandages. Or archaeology at like 240, which is way too low to find those relics. So I gotta go back and level all my shit up if I want that mount.

First Aid wasn't too bad, but archaeology is feeling bit soul crushing at the moment.

Yoshichan

Lucis

My problem with the Cloud Serpent dailies is that my professions have always been a joke in WoW. So I have First Aid, but it was at like 400. Too low to use the bandages. Or archaeology at like 240, which is way too low to find those relics. So I gotta go back and level all my shit up if I want that mount.

First Aid wasn't too bad, but archaeology is feeling bit soul crushing at the moment.

you do NOT need those, they give 138 rep each turn in, compared to the about 1.5k rep everyday you get for THREE quest

do not exaggerate

Welp, I guess I'll go elemental shaman for PVP.

now you just went from bad to worse

Fjordson

you do NOT need those, they give 138 rep each turn in, compared to the about 1.5k rep everyday you get for THREE quest

do not exaggerate
Wasn't trying to exaggerate...I just hit 90, didn't know they weren't worth much rep...

So the non-profession quests are worth 1.5k by themselves? That's pretty good.

Lucis

Wasn't trying to exaggerate...I just hit 90, didn't know they weren't worth much rep...

So the non-profession quests are worth 1.5k by themselves? That's pretty good.

Yes,
1 at 600, 2 at 495

The profession ones won't really bring you that much closer, maybe a day, or two at max.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom