• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Looking for a US server to transfer to, I want high pop, PvE, alliance heavy.

Any suggestions between:
Proudmoore
Aggramar
Hellscream
Sen'jin
Whisperwind

I played on Whisperwind up until just after Cata came out. It's a pretty decent server with 1 "excellent" guild, and a few good guilds.

Depends what you are looking for, as far as I know, Proudmoore has an absolutely insane Alliance population if you're looking to pug and such.

And as someone above mentioned, I think Stormrage has the highest pop.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I played on Whisperwind up until just after Cata came out. It's a pretty decent server with 1 "excellent" guild, and a few good guilds.

Depends what you are looking for, as far as I know, Proudmoore has an absolutely insane Alliance population if you're looking to pug and such.

And as someone above mentioned, I think Stormrage has the highest pop.

Proudmoore is absolutely huge with Alliance and has a good history of running PUGs (been doing it since vanilla).

FLEABttn

Banned
Just something with a large pop, LFR without language barrier issues, someplace were I could possibly pug or do sane mid end raiding if I wanted to, not a lot of horde, and PvE.

I got talked into transferring to Tich last Oct 11 or so and that worked out for Cata, but I don't like being on a PvP server with the direction MoP has taken.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I'm in the same boat as you. my guild more or less fell apart due to people being annoying docuhe bags and I'm debating just transferring to a different server that has a good horde pve pop that I could pug in.

Ultratech

With all the dino stuff and the Thunder King, I thought of making this:

1zpEZ.png

FLEABttn

Banned
Yeah, one of our tanks quit, too. They don't know how they're going to replace them yet. And given just how little my raid can actually get together, and how bad our healers are, I think my raid's DOA.

We're stuck on Elegon ffs.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Yeah, one of our tanks quit, too. They don't know how they're going to replace them yet. And given just how little my raid can actually get together, and how bad our healers are, I think my raid's DOA.

We're stuck on Elegon ffs.

Ouch! That's brutal. :\

I can't see myself committing to a raid schedule anymore, so I'd prefer to just pug but usually the guilds wanting pugs are.... not the greatest caliber.

Yoshichan
Last online 7 days ago

Uh, we need to send out a search party guys!

Looking for a US server to transfer to, I want high pop, PvE, alliance heavy.

Any suggestions between:
Proudmoore
Aggramar
Hellscream
Sen'jin
Whisperwind

I've played on Whisperwind/Alliance for everything except Cata (hopped to Durotan to play with a friend), it is as described.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Ugh, feeling myself getting sucked back into this game... did a bunch of dailies... and I even wrote a blog post which I haven't updated since like before MoP came out >.<

Hoplatee

And I reached level 90 on my tank. That only took 2 days. :X Now I have 2 90 chars. Help me. :(

Dungeon leveling was pretty cool but at the last level I got really sick of it because there are only 4 normal dungeons. And doing that 'PROVE YOURSELF' moment at that Panda times 1000 times gets eh.. kinda dull!

Does anyone have some guidelines/list for LVL 90 starter gear a Prot Warrior should get from the Heroic Dungeons? I have bought some crafted bits (just 3, I started out with like 100 gold as well so AH is not really an option for me ATM) and am obviously fully capped on Justice Points. Reached that point right after dinging 89 but could not buy any lvl 90 items yet. :(

e)

I am never really into fan ideas / suggestions but wow, that guy really did think about that. Pretty awesome.

Shame they never really did much with that Nerubian thing. Wasn't Lost Kingdoms supposed to be a raid at some point or do I remember that wrong? So many people hated that instance but I thought it was the most fun dungeon to tank in Cataclysm. So smooth.

edit 2 -

How easy is it to solo TK 25 as a (protection spec) Warrior? I need that mount! I can only think that it might be terrible since you need to have the staff on you and stuffs or am I missing something obvious? I can do it on my Druid without any problems but I wonder how that would go for Warriors.

Berordn

Shame they never really did much with that Nerubian thing. Wasn't Lost Kingdoms supposed to be a raid at some point or do I remember that wrong? So many people hated that instance but I thought it was the most fun dungeon to tank in Cataclysm. So smooth.

Ahn'kahet, The Old Kingdom instance is the remnants of an Azjol-Nerub questing zone that got axed. We were supposed to see a lot more of the nerubians in Wrath but most of it got cut and we only have small reminders, like AK, Anub'arak's appearance in ToGC, and the small section underneath ICC.

Tarazet

And I reached level 90 on my tank. That only took 2 days. :X Now I have 2 90 chars. Help me. :(

Dungeon leveling was pretty cool but at the last level I got really sick of it because there are only 4 normal dungeons. And doing that 'PROVE YOURSELF' moment at that Panda times 1000 times gets eh.. kinda dull!

Does anyone have some guidelines/list for LVL 90 starter gear a Prot Warrior should get from the Heroic Dungeons? I have bought some crafted bits (just 3, I started out with like 100 gold as well so AH is not really an option for me ATM) and am obviously fully capped on Justice Points. Reached that point right after dinging 89 but could not buy any lvl 90 items yet. :(

If you just dinged 90, you probably don't have the gear to queue for heroics yet. You need to have a minimum ilevel of 440. Run a bunch of scenarios and then fill the gaps with JP gear. The scenario bags drop 450 blues constantly now, and occasionally 463 and 476 stuff too. It will be something equippable by your class, though, and not necessarily your spec, so you might have bad luck and get a lot of DPS plate.

McNei1y

Ahn'kahet, The Old Kingdom instance is the remnants of an Azjol-Nerub questing zone that got axed. We were supposed to see a lot more of the nerubians in Wrath but most of it got cut and we only have small reminders, like AK, Anub'arak's appearance in ToGC, and the small section underneath ICC.

Yeah it stinks that they axed the idea of a questing zone in Azjol-Nerub. The area seems so huge yet we only saw such a small part of it. I was looking forward to seeing what they were going to do with the faceless ones and the nerubians ever since I replayed TFT before WoTLK. Unfortunately they changed it.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I should fuckin hope not.

They look amazing, but they're still based on the same skeleton as old ass orcs/trolls. I want brand new animations with more than 2 frames of movement as well as better quality.

What the PC models look like doesn't really bother me that much, I cover them up in newer higher quality armor all the time. How they move and what shape they are is the big deal.

TeOsn.jpg

Now this...this is the good shit.

New models, new skeleton, new animations. I think we may be seeing some teasers of the new races soon.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

I remember seeing something like this for a underwater/great sea expac, it was done about as well as this.

Anyone know what I'm talkin about and got a link? It's gonna bug me till i find it again.

e: oops, it was a raid: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1186344-The-Abyssal-Maw-A-Fan-Raid-Concept

Based off a real, unfinished raid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18kABauecpM

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yoshichan
Last online 7 days ago

Uh, we need to send out a search party guys!
I... I'm sorry...

I really do miss this place and WoW, but I can't log in now or anytime soon :(

Reprise

Neo Member
Is there a decent random mount addon yet?

I use 'GupPet', that works most of the time, though you have to manually remove mounts that you may not be able to use on the current char (class specific) as it will try to call it and fail so you have to try call it again.

But other than that does the job, plus gives you a random pet out as well if you want it to.

ZenaxPure

Whelp looks like WoW has finally taken its toll on my mouse. Always used the back button for spam abilities (mutilate, mind flay, fireball/frost bolt, etc.) and I log on today to find the button unresponsive and requiring multiple clicks to get it to do anything half the time. Can't say it surprises me much since I originally got the thing when Naxx 40 came out, I'm honestly surprised it lasted this long more than anything.

Anyone got great suggestions for a mouse to use with WoW? My current mouse has 6 buttons if you want to include scroll left/right/click, so I would like something with those buttons + at least 4 more on the mouse itself.

Slayerx

By the way it's not new skeleton or animations, it's night elf stuff. Makes sense from the lore perspective that the most advanced (maybe even evolved) troll civilisation resembles night elves.

Whelp looks like WoW has finally taken its toll on my mouse. Always used the back button for spam abilities (mutilate, mind flay, fireball/frost bolt, etc.) and I log on today to find the button unresponsive and requiring multiple clicks to get it to do anything half the time. Can't say it surprises me much since I originally got the thing when Naxx 40 came out, I'm honestly surprised it lasted this long more than anything.

Anyone got great suggestions for a mouse to use with WoW? My current mouse has 6 buttons if you want to include scroll left/right/click, so I would like something with those buttons + at least 4 more on the mouse itself.
I really like my Razer Naga 2012.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops

Check out the Logitech G600, great mouse and it comes with a 3 year warranty. Razer Naga's are also really good but they break pretty easily.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I'm doing the Dominance Offensive quests at the moment. Right now I am saving Echo Isles. I realized I got rep for some of the quests. That doesn't make sense considering I am killing our own guys, lol.

Another note: I thought it was awesome how Chen was tending to Vol'jin and said something like "We were good friends, it's been awhile since his paths have crossed. I won't leave his side". Then I went and freed Echo Isles, and I have a letter from Vol'jin, "But I got something more powerful than assassin's poison. I got friends. You, Chen Stormstout, Thrall... we been through worse."

Ultratech

I'm doing the Dominance Offensive quests at the moment. Right now I am saving Echo Isles. I realized I got rep for some of the quests. That doesn't make sense considering I am killing our own guys, lol.

Yeah, I'm stalled on them right now since one of the story quests ("What's in the Box?") is bugged and you can't talk to one of the guys needed to complete the quest.
Supposedly, it was hotfixed the other day, but he's still borked. :(

moojito

Aye, seriously. When bliz told us the new raids would evoke memories of ulduar, it would have been nice if they didn't mean the annoying voice of XT.

Hoplatee

If you just dinged 90, you probably don't have the gear to queue for heroics yet. You need to have a minimum ilevel of 440. Run a bunch of scenarios and then fill the gaps with JP gear. The scenario bags drop 450 blues constantly now, and occasionally 463 and 476 stuff too. It will be something equippable by your class, though, and not necessarily your spec, so you might have bad luck and get a lot of DPS plate.

Thanks. I wasn't aware scenarios also dropped gear so I did a few of those (... and none of them are fun, by the way) and got a few pieces that allowed me to go into heroics. Had quite a lot of luck with some drops so now I am decently geared! 3 more Ilvl for LFR as well but I probably will not do that. Will go wrong I bet!

The amount of DPS Warriors / Holy~Ret Paladins and to some extent DK's stealing tank gear is shocking though. I was lucky that I actually won most of it but I guess it would be really terrible if you were farming for that one item and it got stolen. Go tank yourself! /rude

Also it is really obvious which players played both a healer + tank. They know what to expect perfectly fine (and so do I now, playing both roles is great) and tend to stick with you in LFD instead of just bailing after 1 run. I also feel the most safe by Druid healing which (no surprise!) I also play as Resto.

Aye, seriously. When bliz told us the new raids would evoke memories of ulduar, it would have been nice if they didn't mean the annoying voice of XT.

Haha, I never played this game with sound on since the casting sounds annoy me so greatly but when I returned I played with sound on. I raided that place a million times but never heard his voice until a few days ago. So terrible that it kind of gets good!

Out of boredom I went back to Karazhan to try and get the mount. Mad nostalgia when I was soloing that place. Fantastic instance. Hope they remake that as some 5 man sometime while leaving the 10 man intact.

Westlo

Thanks. I wasn't aware scenarios also dropped gear so I did a few of those (... and none of them are fun, by the way) and got a few pieces that allowed me to go into heroics. Had quite a lot of luck with some drops so now I am decently geared! 3 more Ilvl for LFR as well but I probably will not do that. Will go wrong I bet!

Just dps queue in tank spec...

Tarazet

Just dps queue in tank spec...

That's one big advantage Druids and Monks have.. they can run in DPS spec and still get tank gear.

I kept getting stuck in the mud with my endless alts and coming back to my Druid main, so I finally did what I should have done a long time ago and rolled a Night Elf Druid. Going for the Double Agent achievement, and it'll even be the same class and spec. Being able to run faster stealthed than not is pretty sweet. Of course I like Trolls' Berserking and bonus damage to beasts too.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
By the way it's not new skeleton or animations, it's night elf stuff. Makes sense from the lore perspective that the most advanced (maybe even evolved) troll civilisation resembles night elves.

Are you absolutely sure? Cause now that you say that it could be possible. It looks a little weird though, their stance is much wider looking than a nelf, but I haven't played around with 5.2 in the model viewer so if you have then I'd like to know.

Cause these new models are neat and all, but it just gets boring to me when the new bad guy race is just reskinned Draeneis.

That would make sense though, it's long been theorized Night Elves are WoE evolved Trolls. They do look like the Troll/Nelf missing link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom