• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoplatee

Heh. Didn't play my tank for a long time but decided to give it a go again out of boredom. Fully rested. From Level 85 to level 88 in just a few hours (6/7 in total I believe excluding breaks / other stuff) with dungeon rushing.

Press the queue button and before you can even blink you can enter some instance already. It really is crazy fast like that. I thought it was fast on my healer but that is nothing compared to my tank. I almost feel sorry for DPS. :(

Probably not worth it without any rested exp though. It is really fun though - they made tanking fun again! Now to wait another 1.5 week or something to be rested again.

Rokam

14 bosses but one of them is the new Sha of Anger. Also looks like one may either be a heroic only boss or the achievement is incorrect. And hooray for war between the Kirin Tor and Sunreavers, here's hoping that since Dalaran is on the move that some of the storyline/dailies will take place on it.

One of the new bosses is one of the friendly trolls from the island in STV from back in Vanilla. This patch can't come soon enough... unless you're a raider then may it not come out till you're done with progression.

Pterodactyl and Triceratops mounts!!

Slayerx

Also looks like they are adding two new islands not only Thunder Isle but also Isle of the Giants, it doesn't have many structures on the map and reminds me of Un'goro crater for some reason, giants probably refers to dinosaurs. Pretty cool :)

Deep Freeze - Spells which benefit from Shatter will break this effect.

Fantastic nerf for PvP Frost Mages, thank god.

Praise the Sun! (New) Defeat Nalak, the Storm Lord, in the Lightning Isle.

Dark Souls!

Glyph of Holy Fire - Your Holy Fire spell is now instant. Increases the range of your Holy Fire, Smite, and Power Word: Solace spells by 10 yards.

Nerf :(

Deadly Throw (Assassination, Combat) - If performed with 5 3 combo points, also interrupts spellcasting and prevents any spell in that school from being cast for 6 sec. a period of time.

Rogue buff, yay! (Pretty crazy before having to spend so much for it.) Some other good Rogue buffs, too much to list, and some relatively minor nerfs.

And an interesting change to Shockwave (Warriors), primarily a PvP move it seems.

Ultratech

Pterodactyl and Triceratops mounts!!

Fuck yeah!

Also saw in there what looks like a new Spirit Beast, since it's a ghostly-looking Porcupine.

Also, what the hell is a Dinomancer? And how can I become one?

Looks like they decided to give Hunters a neat little gift in that their regular shots (Arcane, Kill Command, Chimera, Explosive) now apply Hunter's Mark baseline without the glyph.
Said glyph now becomes something else where you get 5% health when you Disengage.

Berordn

Believe those are trolls infused with mogu magic. So probably not.

Those are forest trolls, mostly. They're just big to begin with. The slimmer ones will probably be what they base the new playable darkspears off of though.

Spectral deathcharger seems redundant.

Rokam

Oh never mind new models on mmo-champion, thought he was talking about the Thunder Trolls.

Hah new Hearthstone that is a Mini Dark Portal icon.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
This made me laugh.

52models_2_07_1.jpg

Whooter

Fuck you, Patrannache! I found and lost your tracks TWICE today. You will be mine eventually you crafty fucker...

/shakes tiny fist

Rokam

All heirlooms last till 85 now looks like (5.2). And it looks like that Hydra boss will be the Chromatus fight we never got (or closest thing to one).

Slayerx

As the heroes conquer the Isle, they will unlock the powerful Lightning Forge, which will allow Blacksmiths to forge mighty raid-worthy items, as well as classic weapons from the past.
Interesting.

While the Isle of the Thunder King will be unlocked progressively by each realm based on participation in the war effort, initially only some of the Isle’s features will be unlocked. Future updates will include the Shipyard and the Main Courtyard. Some features, including the Treasure Room, will not yet be available.
Oh, going for that nostalgia.

Players that have grown attached to working the land at Sunsong Ranch can now purchase the land from Farmer Yoon. Once the farm is owned by a player, it becomes a rest point like an Inn, where the player can bind and instantly log out. Work orders will pour in to the farm from factions across Pandaria, and completing a work orders will earn a reputation boost with the issuing faction.
Yes, yesssssssssssssssss.
Also 2 new world bosses and the raid itself has reputation attached to it like Karazhan etc.

All world bosses are now Tap to Faction.
I am crying.

Goddamn, it's like AQ Gates and/or Shattered Sun Offensive.

Sounds like a very, very good patch.

Even if I let my sub lapse for a bit, I'll definitely re-up by the time 5.2 releases on live servers.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
If the new troll models are what Blizzard has in mind for updated player models, my body is ready.

I should fuckin hope not.

They look amazing, but they're still based on the same skeleton as old ass orcs/trolls. I want brand new animations with more than 2 frames of movement as well as better quality.

What the PC models look like doesn't really bother me that much, I cover them up in newer higher quality armor all the time. How they move and what shape they are is the big deal.

Slayerx

Does that mean you no longer need to be in a raid group to kill world bosses and get a shot at loot? Just whatever faction started it, and get some shots in?

Yeah, also all bosses will respawn more frequently, including that one boss no-one but Yoshichan has ever seen in the Valley.

Tarazet

New Level 60 Talent: Cloak and Dagger
Ambush, Garrote, and Cheap Shot now have a 30 yard range, and will cause the Rogue to teleport behind the target.

New Level 90 Talent: Marked for Death
Marks a target and instantly generates 5 combo points. When that target dies, Marked for Death's cooldown is reset. This talent has a 1 minute cooldown.

Sounds like Marked for Death will be a nice save if you make a mistake in your rotation, but Cloak and Dagger is just bizarre. Why play a Rogue if you can open just like a Hunter?

Dawg

Blade Flurry now cleaves for 25% of normal damage, down from 100%.

They're kidding, right? RIGHT?!
;_;

This is datamined though, so it could be wrong/incorrect and they will compensate it somewhere else. Still, that's a pretty big drop for a rogue's cleave.

ZenaxPure

Cenarion Ward healing doubled? I am pretty excited for this. It was honestly already my favorite talent in that tree since I don't care about desperate prayer or insta-cast HT, this change is going to make it even more awesome.

For rogues haha... Saw that shadow focus nerf coming a mile away. Surprised it even launched that way anyway, we basically already had the talent once in wotlk and they "removed" it, sort of anyway. Prep becoming baseline is pretty nifty, increases our defensive capabilities more than anything imo, especially if you are running with the clos glyph. Can already see a nice use for mark of death in the mutilate rotation for those moments you have to reapply rupture and won't have any combo points afterwards, whatever though, it's already better than the crappy redirect talent.

Also is it just me or does that Druid t15 look like a warlock set? lol

Rokam

Spent the last 2 nights soloing old raids. Has been pretty fun.

Ulduar 10 offered a challenge in Thorim, just took getting the timing down right. ICC on the other hand was a cakewalk, had a friend come in and heal w/e the Green Dragon's name was, other than that had no problems. It gets even easier if you use control undead cause there's a mob that gives you 100% increased damage. Think I'll gather some tanking gear and start trying Cata raids.

Clipse

Not sure how I feel about Rogue T15 so far. I like that there's no over-the-top lights on the shoulders or anything, but overall it's just boring to look at. Feels like it should be a PvP blue set, not a raid tier set.

Dawg

Not sure how I feel about Rogue T15 so far. I like that there's no over-the-top lights on the shoulders or anything, but overall it's just boring to look at. Feels like it should be a PvP blue set, not a raid tier set.

This is why I love transmogrification.

FLEABttn

Banned
Looking for a US server to transfer to, I want high pop, PvE, alliance heavy.

Any suggestions between:
Proudmoore
Aggramar
Hellscream
Sen'jin
Whisperwind

Ultratech

Well...this is interesting.
Warlocks get their Green Fire and Hunters get a new species to tame:
Dire Horns have been added as a tameable species for Hunters that have learned the required skill. Aspiring Dire Horn owners should seek out clues regarding these auspicious beasts.

So we get Triceratops pets? No idea what else a Dire Horn would be.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
If all these new troll models can give us a good idea of how they will revamp the classic races, i can't wait to see them.

Heirloom shields (and offhands) are long overdue. Think it's too late for me to really benefit at this point although I do have a newish paladin on Mal'Ganis that was only 30-something when I last left him.

The offhands are kind of pointless since people will have had the staves which every caster can use, though if you're starting a new toon, it might be nice to pair with the Devout Aurastone Hammer for certain specs/classes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom