• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come to stormrage :)
I wanna come to stormrage. Would love to level a toon for the first time ever not having to worry about getting ganked. Just created a monk on the server. Will decide whether I want to pay for a character transfer after getting some experience there. Really sucks having to give up all the perks with being exalted in my current guild, even though I'm one of the few people left that still logs on. If it were completely dead, I'd try and steal it and bring the whole guild over lol.

Slayerx

Are you absolutely sure? Cause now that you say that it could be possible. It looks a little weird though, their stance is much wider looking than a nelf, but I haven't played around with 5.2 in the model viewer so if you have then I'd like to know.

Cause these new models are neat and all, but it just gets boring to me when the new bad guy race is just reskinned Draeneis.

That would make sense though, it's long been theorized Night Elves are WoE evolved Trolls. They do look like the Troll/Nelf missing link.
Nah, didn't do it personally because patch download kept crit erroring on me, but this is what guys on scrollsoflore were saying.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Just read about the Galleon change...

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
That's it, I'm leaving this thread :mad:

I hate you AGUUIIIIIIIREEEEEEEEE

I wanna come to stormrage. Would love to level a toon for the first time ever not having to worry about getting ganked. Just created a monk on the server. Will decide whether I want to pay for a character transfer after getting some experience there. Really sucks having to give up all the perks with being exalted in my current guild, even though I'm one of the few people left that still logs on. If it were completely dead, I'd try and steal it and bring the whole guild over lol.

Cool, add me plbelanger#1923

Robin64

I-I think these two could be friends.

tSxhi.png

I would feel a bit bad about this I think. :(

Do people do this a lot and is it accepted? If so, I will give that a shot.
No, it's universally frowned upon. And if someone sees that you've done this in raid, they will call you out on it and you can expect to get kicked.

Hoplatee

No, it's universally frowned upon. And if someone sees that you've done this in raid, they will call you out on it and you can expect to get kicked.

Just as I thought and felt then. Not even going to consider that then.

I can't imagine tanking that stuff in LFR would be hard anyway if I gather some more gear. Did 7 runs earlier today with the same group. Pretty cool.

Neki

I would feel a bit bad about this I think. :(

Do people do this a lot and is it accepted? If so, I will give that a shot.

Don't feel bad. You'll still do more dps than half of an LFR in tank spec, and they won't kick you unless they find out. Just make sure you don't pull aggro.

edit: assume we're talking about LFR

Finally on the Mac side of my laptop, so I'll definitely be on at some point today to make sure I get my Winter Veil gifts. Then I have to make sure I remember to cancel my sub before it renews on the 30th or whenever until 5.2 comes out because I resubbed for a month of EVE (special offer at $10).

>_>

Not to mention any other non-MMOs I want to play.

Ultratech

Merry Christmas WoW-Gaf. I expect all of you to be playing today... you addicts.

Probably. But I also expect to be trapped in my house due to snow/rain/sleet/whatever the Weather Gods decide to throw at me.

On that note, I need more coffee...and I'm almost out. :(

Chris R

I'll be playing today, but doing nothing other than leveling my alts. Cancelled my account but I have play time through sometime in Feb so no point in trying to gear my 90 monk or do dailies as if I come back that gear will be old.

Berordn

I'll be playing today, but doing nothing other than leveling my alts. Cancelled my account but I have play time through sometime in Feb so no point in trying to gear my 90 monk or do dailies as if I come back that gear will be old.

They said the plan this time was to keep older tiers relevant, at least with LFR, so there wouldn't be as many gear shortcuts as there have been in the past.

Not that they aren't known for going back on their word or anything, but if you felt like coming back at some point, gearing up would at least give you a head start.

Rokam

2nd time I've ever killed one of the new Krasarang rares and an invitation drops! Hooray. Hopefully this luck keeps up because I have 3 Elder Charms all going towards getting the sha touched 2h.

ZenaxPure

2nd time I've ever killed one of the new Krasarang rares and an invitation drops! Hooray. Hopefully this luck keeps up because I have 3 Elder Charms all going towards getting the sha touched 2h.

I actually feel kinda bad about these lol. I use the new rare spawns to farm easy JP and I've gotten 3 brawler invites so far, a part of me feels really awful destroying them, but, they are bop.

They said the plan this time was to keep older tiers relevant, at least with LFR, so there wouldn't be as many gear shortcuts as there have been in the past.

Not that they aren't known for going back on their word or anything, but if you felt like coming back at some point, gearing up would at least give you a head start.

The thing to especially keep in mind is that there are no new 5 mans in 5.2, right (Or I don't recall any announced yet)? LFR for the new raid will probably require a 480-485 ilvl if I had to guess which means if you want to be able to do it when the patch comes out you are going to have to either farm vp/rep or do the old tier of LFR.

I could see them forcing players to do that this patch but I would put money down on them having a 5 man with higher ilvl gear for the third raid tier this xpac.

I actually feel kinda bad about these lol. I use the new rare spawns to farm easy JP and I've gotten 3 brawler invites so far, a part of me feels really awful destroying them, but, they are bop.
Can someone explain what the invites are off the rares? I managed to find and kill about 6 on my medium to low pop server the other night. Got a cloth helm, some purple leggings and a bunch of plate mail leather items I couldnt use and a couple bags of random mats and gold but that was it. Im only 87 though and the highest level rares I killed were only 88.

Berordn

The thing to especially keep in mind is that there are no new 5 mans in 5.2, right (Or I don't recall any announced yet)? LFR for the new raid will probably require a 480-485 ilvl if I had to guess which means if you want to be able to do it when the patch comes out you are going to have to either farm vp/rep or do the old tier of LFR.

I could see them forcing players to do that this patch but I would put money down on them having a 5 man with higher ilvl gear for the third raid tier this xpac.

Nothing announced or datamined yet, and it looks like they've finished most of the geometry for the raid and new zones in the patch, so I wouldn't count on it. I do doubt that they'd pass up a catch-up dungeon, but this is also the first expansion with LFR from the start, so they might try.

Sarcasm

Can someone explain what the invites are off the rares? I managed to find and kill about 6 on my medium to low pop server the other night. Got a cloth helm, some purple leggings and a bunch of plate mail leather items I couldnt use and a couple bags of random mats and gold but that was it. Im only 87 though and the highest level rares I killed were only 88.

Not those rares..the one that drop the brawlers guild invite are in karasong wilds. If your horde they are at the alliance side and visa versa. There is only three of them.

Its to a fight club type thing.

ch0mp

They only drop from the rares that came with the 5.1 dailies in Krasarang. It's something like a 3% chance so don't get your hopes up.

Robin64

Thing is, new 5-mans are always welcome, but if they appeared in a few patches time and still only dropped 463, that would be horrible. New dungeons will probably drop whatever LFR was dropping two tiers ago. That seems fair.

Rokam

Well we know of 1 dungeon that'll become heroic in the last tier more than likely or midway between 5.2 and the final tier, and that's RFC. Changed too much for it to just be a dungeon people run once.

Tamanon

Banned
Well we know of 1 dungeon that'll become heroic in the last tier more than likely or midway between 5.2 and the final tier, and that's RFC. Changed too much for it to just be a dungeon people run once.

Considering how fast that dungeon is on normal, I would love for it to go Heroic. And it would make sense with the expansion going to Orgrimmar.

Berordn

I'm skeptical about RFC, mostly because the entrance is still in Org. It'd be nigh impossible to make it into a challenge mode and you'd be forced to queue for it on heroic.

ch0mp

I'm skeptical about RFC, mostly because the entrance is still in Org. It'd be nigh impossible to make it into a challenge mode and you'd be forced to queue for it on heroic.
People still managed to get there before LFG, it wouldn't be too much of a problem.

Opened presents on all the characters I care about (except for my newer warlock who was stuck in Ghostlands and it would have been too much of a pain to run her all the way to Org, seeing as I'd have to do flight to Silvermoon, run to orb, run to zepplin tower, wait for ship to Org, then run into Org and get stuff.) Just too much of a hassle. So then I cancled my subscription (for the moment) after that. I'll probably be back sometime shortly before/after 5.2 if I'm not too occupied with other things.

Alchemy

I'm never going to get a sha touched weapon on my Lock. I will be forever stuck with this heroic dagger. The one blue I cannot get away from.

Tarazet

I was running my Night Elf bear last night, and ran into the most amazing twink I've ever seen. It was a level 80 boomkin with 409 weapon, spellpower trinket, and a couple armor pieces. He was pulling 30K DPS on trash and 60K on bosses. It was glorious. We ran for 5 hours together.

FLEABttn

Banned
I'm never going to get a sha touched weapon on my Lock. I will be forever stuck with this heroic dagger. The one blue I cannot get away from.

I'm in the same boat. Going to be running Terrace forever so I have something to put the gem in.

Having the gem in your inventory should increase the drop rate of your weapon somewhat.

Oh well, onto the next step, 6000 valor points...

ZenaxPure

I was running my Night Elf bear last night, and ran into the most amazing twink I've ever seen. It was a level 80 boomkin with 409 weapon, spellpower trinket, and a couple armor pieces. He was pulling 30K DPS on trash and 60K on bosses. It was glorious. We ran for 5 hours together.

That's more dps than most PUGs do at 90 v___v

Ultratech

Same for my Hunter. Can't get a damn weapon at all. I've used Bonus Rolls on Lei Shi every time for my gun, but all I get Gold. Ironically, I just managed to get the Legendary Gem yesterday.

Wanna know what's bad though? My DK has gotten the Sha 2H Axe twice and he's got no Bonus Rolls to play with. (I can use one as a Blood weapon now!) The RNG gods are a fickle beast...

The power of stat inflation!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom