• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultratech

Onyxia Mount popped up on the Black Market yesterday.

I got all excited, then I saw the price: 210,000g

Yeah...I don't have 220k+ to be spending on uber rare mounts. :(

Bizazedo

Onyxia Mount popped up on the Black Market yesterday.

I got all excited, then I saw the price: 210,000g

Yeah...I don't have 220k+ to be spending on uber rare mounts. :(

Friend has saved up 151k for Invincible. Still don't think it's enough, but our server is small so maybe....

Gold seller time?!

Bizazedo

I figured you meant 25 by heroic! But yeah, it has a drop rate comparable to the Blazing Warhorse, and it's in a higher level raid, so fewer to go around.

Good, I'll start doing it then. Capping VP earlier and earlier, so why not.

And I got the Fiery Warhorse a month ago :). Almost didn't loot it, was just assuming it didn't drop as always :(.

....which means I will never get Onyxian.

CassSept

Probably a Kirin Tor attack on a Forsaken camp, who uses their bombs on Trolls in turn.

The question is why they are named Deathknell Graves specifically. OK, it may have something to do with a Forsaken Camp, but why Deathknell Graves? Deathknell is over half a world away from Isle of Thunder King.

Unless they assault Deathknell for these bombs and teleport to the Isle? I don't know, it just seems weird. And I somewhat doubt they would reuse the name "Deathknell".

Berordn

The question is why they are named Deathknell Graves specifically. OK, it may have something to do with a Forsaken Camp, but why Deathknell Graves? Deathknell is over half a world away from Isle of Thunder King.

Unless they assault Deathknell for these bombs and teleport to the Isle? I don't know, it just seems weird. And I somewhat doubt they would reuse the name "Deathknell".

Same reason why there's a Westfall Brigade, just a bunch of trained soldiers from the area. Deathknell is where the Forsaken gets most of their footsoldiers, so they'd have been from there.

Windam

Scaley member
Alright guys, I'm planning on going out in a few hours and grabbing the WoW Battle Chest and the other expansions. Never played much before, aside from the 7/14 day trial Blizz used to offer. At the boxing week prices right now, even if I don't play much, I'm going "why not?" It'll come to about $35 before tax, so not too bad. Smart move, GAF? Is there a server most of NA-GAF plays on/certain allegiance?

aristotle

Alright guys, I'm planning on going out in a few hours and grabbing the WoW Battle Chest and the other expansions. Never played much before, aside from the 7/14 day trial Blizz used to offer. At the boxing week prices right now, even if I don't play much, I'm going "why not?" It'll come to about $35 before tax, so not too bad. Smart move, GAF? Is there a server most of NA-GAF plays on/certain allegiance?

Everyone is spread out unfortunately. :(

The faction (Horde or Alliance) don't really matter. You just get a different side of the story. Although the race you pick can be better suited for different roles as monk/hunter/rogue/etc. The race determines which faction. I myself picked a worgen hunter even though dwarves are better hunters.

Windam

Scaley member
Everyone is spread out unfortunately. :(

The faction (Horde or Alliance) don't really matter. You just get a different side of the story. Although the race you pick can be better suited for different roles as monk/hunter/rogue/etc. The race determines which faction. I myself picked a worgen hunter even though dwarves are better hunters.

Aw damn. Well, is there a server with a larger GAF population? I'd love to play with you guys (except I'll be a total noob). I was thinking a Blood Elf Hunter or Night Elf or something (love Elves and bows after LotR haha).

aristotle

Aw damn. Well, is there a server with a larger GAF population? I'd love to play with you guys (except I'll be a total noob). I was thinking a Blood Elf Hunter or Night Elf or something (love Elves and bows after LotR haha).

Area 52 did have a Horde guild at one time but from this page and the last, it's apparently dead. I play on Norgannon which no one else seems to play on from GAF. As long as you don't join a low pop server, you should be fine. I'm sort've lucky though since my realm seems be low to mid pop and there's always a ton of people around (before the CRZ) and prices on the AH are much cheaper than other realms from the few items I've looked for and from what I've read. I joined a lvl 1 guild when I first started and we're now lvl 25. I've only been playing since April or so and I took a 5 month hiatus.

Unfortunately, I seem to be the only consistent player in my guild which sucks because I want to get into raiding, but my guildies (that do come online) are super awesome. It kind of sucks in this situation since they're really nice but they just seem to be soloing quest content and nothing else for the most part.

Windam

Scaley member
Unfortunately, I seem to be the only consistent player in my guild which sucks because I want to get into raiding, but my guildies (that do come online) are super awesome. It kind of sucks in this situation since they're really nice but they just seem to be soloing quest content and nothing else for the most part.

Aw damn, yeah I'm horrified of something like this happening. Will be joining a high-pop server just in case. Thanks!

aristotle

Aw damn, yeah I'm horrified of something like this happening. Will be joining a high-pop server just in case. Thanks!

Well with CRZ (Cross-Realm Zoning) and LFD/LFR (Looking for Dungeons/Raid), being on a high pop server doesn't matter as much these days, unless you really want to get into raiding end-game content 10-25 man. Even on my server though it's fairly easy to get a group together just in trade chat. Oh and prices on the auction house. For some reason the AH on my realm is usually much cheaper than other realms and it almost always has the items I'm looking for.

Tarazet

Well quite a bit has changed since I leveled mine originally in like the first month of Cata, but, for me once I unlocked Outland arch it went dramatically faster. It's just faster to fly around Outland and level than it is to have fucking dig sites in say STV and EPL at the same time, not to mention you are only dealing with 2 different races in Outland where as EK/Kalim is like 4. Also helps even more that I never even saw a Netherstorm dig site, in fact I am still not even sure if you can get one there.

I just stayed on Kalimdor until 525. I got one dig site in Uldum; other than that, it was all Classic zones until I started in Pandaria. The hard part is obviously getting around, but I had my tricks to get from place to place. I trained in Thunder Bluff or by hearthing to Pandaria, used my Druid port to Moonglade, and used the portal from Orgrimmar to Uldum. I also have super-fast flying on that toon. You can probably devise a similar scheme based on your specific class portal/capitol city.

Audioboxer

My GF picked me up Mists of Pandaria, not played WoW since April. Is it worth someone sending me a scroll of resurrection? What do I/you get?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Audίoboxer;45846057 said:
My GF picked me up Mists of Pandaria, not played WoW since April. Is it worth someone sending me a scroll of resurrection? What do I/you get?

A free level 80 character and some other crap such as free transfers to the scroll sender's realm. The level 80 is worth it, although you can't promote a monk to 80

Robin64

The Elemental Force enchant on weapons counts as frost damage against Viscidus, I discovered today. Time to get farming for that pet!

Berordn

Audίoboxer;45846057 said:

I could be mistaken, but I think April was after the cutoff for the scroll.

Ultratech

Finally hit Exalted with Dominance Offensive and finished the storyline.

Gotta say, that was some well put together stuff.

Now I'm really curious what happens after all of that.

"YOU would make an excellent Warchief!"
And silly Garrosh didn't kill Anduin! Just left him crumbled with 6 HP.
That whole ringing the Divine Bell quest was some CRAZY shit.

And the Wyvern mounts aren't too bad. Especially that armored one.

ZenaxPure

The Elemental Force enchant on weapons counts as frost damage against Viscidus, I discovered today. Time to get farming for that pet!

Indeed it does, still a pretty annoying fight though. My only problem in AQ on my rogue is dealing with Twin Emps. Forget for a second that it's extra annoying as a rogue since Vek'nilash is immune to poison damage, apparently, only Vek'lor drops the pet and I've discovered that if you don't do damage to Vek'lor he despawns when he dies and you only get loot from Vek'nilash.

I think I will just finish leveling my mage and run through the place as frost for the emps/visc pets. Probably easier than dealing with it on my rogue. Viscidus isn't hard or anything but he is also immune to poison damage and takes longer to kill than I'd like even as Combat or Sub.

No, it's universally frowned upon. And if someone sees that you've done this in raid, they will call you out on it and you can expect to get kicked.

This is a gross exaggeration. Dpsing in tank spec is fine. I even queue as healer and dps these days, as I don't need anything on my resto shaman from LFR, though I gotta admit that is more morally reprehensible. I still sleep well at night though. Never wiped once.

I think I will just finish leveling my mage and run through the place as frost for the emps/visc pets. Probably easier than dealing with it on my rogue. Viscidus isn't hard or anything but he is also immune to poison damage and takes longer to kill than I'd like even as Combat or Sub.

I never managed to solo Viscidus on my mage. Never could break him out of the ice, even with a 1.x dagger, haste potion, haste flask, haste food and time warp. Not once. Got a friend to help me out though, and got the pet, so I'm done with that boss for all eternity.

Slayerx

Azshara Crater re imagined as Defence of the Alehouse (DotA).

DefenseoftheAlehouseBG.jpg

I really really hope they manage to finish it before 5.2 ships.

Reprise

Neo Member
Speaking of GAF whereabouts, is anyone else here on Barthilas (Horde side)? It's a bit lonely on here since most of my friends have quit and i'm the last one standing!

I wouldn't mind a dota-like BG.

What I'd really like to see is something new in the style of old AV. Maybe some sort of time limit, but no reinforcement bullshit. A blend of PvE and PvP objectives where the PvE portion actually matters and makes a difference. Where you have to fight over resources that give your team an advantage (in the form of buffs, NPC support - not just graveyards) that lets you push towards an objective that would be nigh impossible to accomplish without fortifying yourself first.

What I'd really like to see is something new in the style of old AV. Maybe some sort of time limit, but no reinforcement bullshit. A blend of PvE and PvP objectives where the PvE portion actually matters and makes a difference. Where you have to fight over resources that give your team an advantage (in the form of buffs, NPC support - not just graveyards) that lets you push towards an objective that would be nigh impossible to accomplish without fortifying yourself first.
That sounds awesome! And actually more like regular Warcraft 3 than DOTA.

Entropia

No One Remembers

I'd be more than happy if they made a battleground that was nearly persistent that took days to complete. Of course achievements wouldn't rely on the completion of the game.

Touch

So I haven't played in like a month due to my main computer failing. Taking this time to think over my WoW career and where to go from here.

moojito

We are currently monitoring an issue that is affecting various regions of internet traffic. This has not been found to be an internal issue with our service, but may be affecting some of our players and their connections to the game. We’re currently talking to the parties involved to help resolve the issue.

Boo, I just got a shiny new monitor and wanted to check out how much new screen space I'd have with this swanky 1920x1080 resolution, but can't log in.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Another update to Azshara Crater?

It's still never going in the game.

I don't know what this is from, but it can't have anything in common with the pre-BC one besides the name.

I hope they add it soon, and do some fixes for Temple/Silvershard for RBGs, those are dumb ATM.

Berordn

I don't know what this is from, but it can't have anything in common with the pre-BC one besides the name.

I hope they add it soon, and do some fixes for Temple/Silvershard for RBGs, those are dumb ATM.

I just feel like it's a running joke at this point. That, or the name itself is cursed and any project they name "Azshara Crater" is doomed to failure.

Hoplatee

Wow. Servers have been having problems ever since last night and you can't play since the early morning. I can't even remember downtime for so long. Must have been years :eek:

Eu only of course.

I didn't pay attention to anything in this game during Cataclysm / long time in Wrath so those do not count!

After being stuck away from home and a reliable WoW connection for over a week... felt so good just to jump back in for a couple of hours and work on leveling my monk. *hugs her computer*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom