• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rokam

I really find it hard to believe that you're not able to do HoF or Terrace yet. I have a friend who didn't play much and hit 90 2 weeks before terrace LFR hit. He was able to jump into Terrace when it released. You're either not valor capping, not using coins, or not doing dailies. By now if you started capping valor a week or 2 after release that should be about 13k valor you've earned so far. That's 6 items if not more depending on what you bought. Not to mention the 389 ring and neck you get for free from Klaxxi/GL.

Is there a list somewhere of what raids you can go into without a raid group? I was disappointed to see that BWL still requires a second person to get past the 1st boss. My experience early on in MoP (leveling from 85-90) was not the greatest. It started to drag on by level 88. Good quests only go so far for me and I have no desire to do the rep grinds now as a result. But now that I have finally been able to fly around Pandaria and not rely on flight paths, it has gotten better. Started queuing for heroics, which has also been much more enjoyable. Today I cleared MC and Kara hoping to get a random 2-hand axe/sword/polearm to drop for my felguard and nothing. Made me mad. I think the challenge modes and scenarios being introduced to the game are a really good thing. For now, I'm just trying to get to LFR i-level.

BWL does not take two people. I solo it on my DK every week.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Looking some more at the PTR stuff found so far:

-Currently, you need ilvl 486 to queue for the 1st part of Throne of Thunder LFR.
Interesting given how the best gear you currently get from LFR is 483. (Guess they really do want you to upgrade your gear, get Valor gear, etc.)

HAHAHHAHAHHAH

-Currently, you need ilvl 486 to queue for the 1st part of Throne of Thunder LFR. Interesting given how the best gear you currently get from LFR is 483. (Guess they really do want you to upgrade your gear, get Valor gear, etc.)

I think I JUST hit 486 or 487 ilev this week. I guess my valor going forward will be used on my tier that dropped from the Sha. Or normal mode weapons, if I get any.

Meier

I bought Pandaria and am finally trying to give it a shot but my authenticator won't work... the code is definitely accurate and I reset my password and it's correct but I can't login. I used the restore function within the app but it doesn't seem to do anything as the codes remain the same. How slow is Blizzard about fixing this sort of thing?

Rokam

I bought Pandaria and am finally trying to give it a shot but my authenticator won't work... the code is definitely accurate and I reset my password and it's correct but I can't login. I used the restore function within the app but it doesn't seem to do anything as the codes remain the same. How slow is Blizzard about fixing this sort of thing?

Typically pretty good, if you don't hear back by tomorrow call them. Usually if something is stopping you from accessing your account they'll bump you to the front of the line.

Meier

Typically pretty good, if you don't hear back by tomorrow call them. Usually if something is stopping you from accessing your account they'll bump you to the front of the line.

Thanks. I submitted the request. Hopefully I don't have anything to worry about them having a copy of my Driver's License. :O

BWL does not take two people. I solo it on my DK every week.
I went in today and cleared it. Took about 3 deaths on the first boss to get eggs killed quickly enough, but I finally got past the beginning. So, I was really wanting to see a 2-hand axe or 2-hand sword drop. I cleared MC, BWL, and Kara. Nothing. Pffft. Oh well. Next week I guess. I did get chominus and some other companions. After that I went to AQ40 and killed skeraph, but no companion. What's the story on twin emps? Have they been nerfed to make soloing them easier?

My i-level is up to 449. I would say I can't wait till I can get into LFR, but it sounds like drops are next to none there. I probably should focus on rep gear, which I dislike because of rep grinds.

Ultratech

I think I JUST hit 486 or 487 ilev this week. I guess my valor going forward will be used on my tier that dropped from the Sha. Or normal mode weapons, if I get any.

I'm up to 482 on my Hunter. Only a few pieces that seriously need upgrading though.

-Neck: Waiting for either a LFR drop or getting Exalted with Golden Lotus; whichever comes first.
-Wrist: Stuck with JP wrist. No luck with Heroics or LFR so far.
-Weapon: Got an upgraded Heroic bow, but zero luck with getting anything above that. Lei Shi refuses to drop my Sha Gun. ;_;

Other than that, my stuff's a mix of LFR and Sha/Galleon gear.

FLEABttn

Banned
Probably an unpopular opinion, but when they start detailing the new expansion, I hope Blizz talks about skill/ability bloat. I don't need a class to be "frost mage in MC" simple, but the skill and ability bloat is kind of ridiculous.

Also, the gear upgrading system is bad and Blizz should feel bad.

Emphasis on weapons hopefully. Three months later and I've not seen a hunter weapon better than something out a heroic.

I know that feel. It took six weeks before I even got the 476 polearm from MSV.

Though on Christmas day I got both the 483 Claws of Shek'zeer and a 476 fist of the spiritbinder from Raid Finder, one right after the other.

RNG is a funny thing. And by funny, I mean fuck RNG.

FLEABttn

Banned
I know that feel. It took six weeks before I even got the 476 polearm from MSV.

Though on Christmas day I got both the 483 Claws of Shek'zeer and a 476 fist of the spiritbinder from Raid Finder, one right after the other.

RNG is a funny thing. And by funny, I mean fuck RNG.

Seriously. I've been spending my bonus rolls on weapons bosses every week too.

And as I said before, I have a legendary gem and a rare weapon. Thanks Blizz.

Probably an unpopular opinion, but when they start detailing the new expansion, I hope Blizz talks about skill/ability bloat. I don't need a class to be "frost mage in MC" simple, but the skill and ability bloat is kind of ridiculous.

Also, the gear upgrading system is bad and Blizz should feel bad.
I'm interested in this topic. What do you mean by skill bloat? Are you saying that some classes are too easy/hard when compared to others? Or are they all too easy/hard? Personally, I like simplicity and with each new expansion come more and more abilities. At least in MoP they changed a lot, which i think allowed them to tone back some excess. But I don't know if you would agree with that assessment. I need to spend more time with this expansion though to really get a feel for everything. So far I've only messed with my main.

The whole bonus roll thing sounds like a joke. I hear everyone talking about using their rolls each week and always coming away empty handed. What kind of bonus roll is that?

FLEABttn

Banned
In Cata, my SV hunter rotation was an opener, 3 different abilities (4 once I got 2 piece t13), 1 closer, and 1 cooldown (2 if you include readiness). In MoP, my rotation is 1 opener, 6 different abilities, 1 closer, and 3 cooldowns (and 4 if, again, you include readiness). This 1) hasn't increased difficulty all that much, 2) has increased annoyance to play the class, and 3) increased the amount of time spent looking at my bars, because 2 of those new abilities are ones you use whenever they come up, every 15 to 30 seconds. This isn't unique to just SV hunters, or hunters in general.

I feel as if they've added more buttons for the sake of appeasing people who demand more interactivity with their character and think interactivity = more buttons = more fun.

In Cata, my SV hunter rotation was an opener, 3 different abilities (4 once I got 2 piece t13), 1 closer, and 1 cooldown (2 if you include readiness). In MoP, my rotation is 1 opener, 6 different abilities, 1 closer, and 3 cooldowns (and 4 if, again, you include readiness). This 1) hasn't increased difficulty all that much, 2) has increased annoyance to play the class, and 3) increased the amount of time spent looking at my bars, because 2 of those new abilities are ones you use whenever they come up, every 15 to 30 seconds. This isn't unique to just SV hunters, or hunters in general.

I feel as if they've added more buttons for the sake of appeasing people who demand more interactivity with their character and think interactivity = more buttons = more fun.
Yeah I agree. More buttons to press does not necessarily translate into more fun. Things can get to a point where it's just a convoluted mess that detracts from enjoying the actual experience of each encounter instead of enhancing them. I'm not a fan of having to have 20 keybinds to play a game, but that may not be entirely related to what you are talking about.

EDIT:
I was hoping they'd copy swtor (and w/e other mmo's) where each class gets an OOC ability to restore health/mana to full.
As a lock, I miss soul harvest.

Hoplatee

What's the story on twin emps? Have they been nerfed to make soloing them easier?

I don't know if they nerfed that boss but DPS should be high enough to outdamage the heal they do. Still pretty annoying though. I get tossed around non stop :p

I also remembered Ouro to be much larger than he is now.

I don't know if they nerfed that boss but DPS should be high enough to outdamage the heal they do. Still pretty annoying though. I get tossed around non stop :p

I also remembered Ouro to be much larger than he is now.
Before Mists was released, I went back and had to do them with a second person and even when we tried to just burn them down between the two of us we couldn't get it done. We had to separate them as much as possible to limit healing. I don't think I could solo them just by gaining 5 levels. I may try it though.

Berordn

Before Mists was released, I went back and had to do them with a second person and even when we tried to just burn them down between the two of us we couldn't get it done. We had to separate them as much as possible to limit healing. I don't think I could solo them just by gaining 5 levels. I may try it though.

You could solo them at 85 by keeping your back to the corner and just attacking whichever one you could damage. Most classes could outdps the heal by that point when they weren't being knocked around.

You could solo them at 85 by keeping your back to the corner and just attacking whichever one you could damage. Most classes could outdps the heal by that point when they weren't being knocked around.
I don't know. We may not have had the gear. My friend and i were both against the wall and couldn't out dps the healing.

Slayerx

I am feeling so guilty for stalking certain someone on forums, then posting that information on a titan fansite and now everyone is reporting it as a FACT and I just get angry because obviously a lot of information was opinions and contradicted itself in some parts.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

They add more buttons because people believe they need more buttons every expansion or its not worth playing.

CassSept

Hah, I'll be hitting 486 ilvl next week, nice timing.

I can't believe anyone can't reach ilvl for HoF. I managed to do it right as it was launched and I still didn't kill a single real raid boss and completely slacked for the first 2-3 weeks after launch. 470 is ridiculously easy to reach, it's after that point that ilvl raise starts slowing down.

Hoplatee

Farmed the Green mount from the Egg for ages. Get from Satchel bag.

Farmed the mount from Kael for years. Get from Satchel bag.

Farm Druid Mount for years. Get from Satchel bag.

Oh god all those hours I wasted :(

Farmed the Green mount from the Egg for ages. Get from Satchel bag.

Farmed the mount from Kael for years. Get from Satchel bag.

Farm Druid Mount for years. Get from Satchel bag.

Oh god all those hours I wasted :(
I'm not a huge fan of the satchel reward. I understand they're trying to increase the number of tanks and healers in the game, but it really devalues time that other people spend farming the rare mounts. This is just my opinion of course. Yanger and I argued about this a long time ago and I shouldn't have made such a fuss about it. Regardless, it is what it is. I had just sort of gotten back into tanking on my prot warrior right before Mists. So now I'd have to level and get geared up all over again if I want to take another shot :-/

Enosh

3) increased the amount of time spent looking at my bars, because 2 of those new abilities are ones you use whenever they come up, every 15 to 30 seconds. This isn't unique to just SV hunters, or hunters in general.
easy to fix with power auras or a similar addon

one could argue that you shouldn't have to use addons to fix this stuff, but i think we are beyond the point of "no addons" by now, quite sure blizzard makes these abilities with power auras being in their minds

Ultratech

I'm in the same situation. I use a Coin every week on Lei Shi and get nothing but Gold.
Funny enough, my Bonus Roll finally gave me loot this week, but it was the Mail Belt, and it seems worse than the one I already won off Sha of Fear.
Hadn't had much luck on the Bow from MV either.

What's the story on twin emps? Have they been nerfed to make soloing them easier?

They nerfed how quickly they heal each other. (Which was like a 1~2 sec difference.)

If you can weaken their healing or absorb some of it, it really helps.

What's this about? What satchel bag?

Sometimes when you queue for a Random LFD, there's a little yellow dot near the Tank or Healer icons.
If you queue as Tank or Healer and finish a dungeon, you get a Satchel which has a chance to drop rare pets/mounts. Most of the time, you get stuff like flasks, potions, gems, and/or money.

Robin64

So I finished Dominance Offensive and, well..

The escape from Dalaran stuff was amazing. Loved the new music, too. I could live with seeing that added as a Scenario. But the following bit, with the Bell in Kun Lai? What a letdown of an ending. Garrosh smashes the bell, which we just toiled for ages to find and sacrificed Horde lives for, and just shrugs. "Eh, I'll crush the Alliance another Way". And then the line ends. No problem with how Garrosh took it really, he's a dick, but I would have liked to see some faction leader reactions to it.

But wow, the mount is gorgeous and the armored version even moreso. I finally have something that has replaced my Molten Front dailies mount.

Hope to see more of this sort of content in future, anyway.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Is Isle of Giants the current unaccessible island that have been there since release, or is it a completely new one while the old island is still impossible to reach?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
So I finished Dominance Offensive and, well..

but I would have liked to see some faction leader reactions to it.

Well, you do see Varian Wrynn and Jaina reactions if you play on the Alliance side, but that's another grind for you. :p

Edit : oops, should have edited my first post instead. Oh well.

I'm in the same situation. I use a Coin every week on Lei Shi and get nothing but Gold.
Funny enough, my Bonus Roll finally gave me loot this week, but it was the Mail Belt, and it seems worse than the one I already won off Sha of Fear.

They nerfed how quickly they heal each other. (Which was like a 1~2 sec difference.)

Sometimes when you queue for a Random LFD, there's a little yellow dot near the Tank or Healer icons.
If you queue as Tank or Healer and finish a dungeon, you get a Satchel which has a chance to drop rare pets/mounts. Most of the time, you get stuff like flasks, potions, gems, and/or money.

Welp, time to learn how to tank again. Any good resources for DK tanking? I tanked in vanilla and part of bc as a warrior but I know the classes are different and things have changed dramatically.

Nugg

-Currently, you need ilvl 486 to queue for the 1st part of Throne of Thunder LFR. Interesting given how the best gear you currently get from LFR is 483. (Guess they really do want you to upgrade your gear, get Valor gear, etc.)

Remember that Galleon will be much easier to farm come 5.2 (faction tag and quick respawn), and he drops 496 helms, chests, rings, boots, belts and necks. RNG aside, he sould be a good way to upgrade your gear to 486.

Hoplatee

What's this about? What satchel bag?

From Call To Arms for heroics. If you are DPS you will never see it. If you are a healer you have a low chance but if you are a tank you pretty much can get one 90% of the time.

It's some reward bag they added to make queues a bit faster so when a role is needed they put the bag as extra reward. That bag includes up to 100 or so gold, pets, gems, flasks mounts, pretty much everything. It is lovely as a tank. :p

I'm not a huge fan of the satchel reward. I understand they're trying to increase the number of tanks and healers in the game, but it really devalues time that other people spend farming the rare mounts. This is just my opinion of course. Yanger and I argued about this a long time ago and I shouldn't have made such a fuss about it. Regardless, it is what it is. I had just sort of gotten back into tanking on my prot warrior right before Mists. So now I'd have to level and get geared up all over again if I want to take another shot :-/

I think it is a terrible idea as well but I love the benefits it gives me so I am not sure what to think about it. It just is unfair to people who will never get a chance (DPS). Don't think I ever saw it on my healer either. And I doubt this system actually helped.

CassSept

Damn Lei Shi. I have 3 drops off her. I killed her every reset, used coin every reset (one reset even twice when I was finishing legendary gem chain) and what? I had three trinkets drop. Yeah I know, whining about getting drops, but seriously.

Yeah, they nerfed healing from a tick every 2 seconds to a tick every 3 seconds, so now it isn't that hard to outdps the pace, it's doable by every class.

Well I decided to re-sub having left early cata. Leveling up a new toon via the LFD is not a pleasant experience. I always played if you needed something need, otherwise greed but there are blatant people in almost every group who need on everything regardless, even if it's just to DE. Now I don't have heirlooms so this is really frustrating, does this change at any level where you can only need on gear for your class at least?

This whole cross realm/random is a perfect excuse for no etiquette or responsibility.
Nature of the beast I suppose.

Berordn

Well I decided to re-sub having left early cata. Leveling up a new toon via the LFD is not a pleasant experience. I always played if you needed something need, otherwise greed but there are blatant people in almost every group who need on everything regardless, even if it's just to DE. Now I don't have heirlooms so this is really frustrating, does this change at any level where you can only need on gear for your class at least?

This whole cross realm/random is a perfect excuse for no etiquette or responsibility.

It gets better once the loot restrictions kick in, yeah. Just by the nature of leveling you'll be wearing different types of gear as you go on, but they could've at least gone through and made it so you can need on gear that'll never be useful for you. Seeing hunters need on cloth always brings me to rage.

It gets better once the loot restrictions kick in, yeah. Just by the nature of leveling you'll be wearing different types of gear as you go on, but they could've at least gone through and made it so you can need on gear that'll never be useful for you. Seeing hunters need on cloth always brings me to rage.

Oddly enough it has been hunters almost every time.
One person was needing on everything throughout wailing caverns, and was winning everything. I said, "so should I just need on everything then?" and they said they have an addon that watches what people roll and then needs if no one else does. So I suppose I have to stoop down to their level to get gear because this is the mentality now days.

Hoplatee

Gets better but not much. People are selfish all the way from 1 till 90. It is annoying at times yeah. And I think that it is by far the worst when you start running dungeons @ level 90 where people are taking loot for offspec that you would need etc etc.

e) uch, tried to make proper english out of this 1000 times now. Hope it is understandable.

Berordn

Oddly enough it has been hunters almost every time.
One person was needing on everything throughout wailing caverns, and was winning everything. I said, "so should I just need on everything then?" and they said they have an addon that watches what people roll and then needs if no one else does. So I suppose I have to stoop down to their level to get gear because this is the mentality now days.

It's not even an addon. /loot brings up the loot roll window that shows who rolls on what.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom