• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I'm about 15% into 87 with 22.5m saved up in rested. I'm just not enjoying leveling AT ALL. I want to do dungeons and shit, but I can't get myself to do these quests. Ugh.
Which zone? I was prob still in jade forest or valley of the four winds at 87, maybe 88. Quests were so zen. Didn't care for the other zones much.

The quests really did not grab me all that much either. Jade Forest was fun, but everything after that was downhill. I think part of it is just that fresh quest ideas are kind of rough at this point.

Berordn

I'm in the second zone (to the left of the starting zone). Not sure what it's called...

Probably Valley of the Four Winds, where the quests slow down significantly since it's a more laid back pace and atmosphere. Krasarang Wilds is a bit more on the "action kill kill kill" side of questing and might be a bit faster for you.

Nugg

So I can't re-run it and use it?

You CAN. I know people who got loot with their coin on their second run the same week. I don't know if that was a bug, and if so, if it was fixed. But the way I understand it: if the game lets you use your coin, it means you can get loot. You can't "waste" a coin.

Trickster

The quests really did not grab me all that much either. Jade Forest was fun, but everything after that was downhill. I think part of it is just that fresh quest ideas are kind of rough at this point.

I felt pretty much the same. Doesn't help that the zones pretty boring visually. Kun-lai is barren, brown and grey. Last 2 zones are pretty much the same, except they use different colours. Valley of the four winds is big open farmland, hardly the most interesting setting.

aesop

I felt pretty much the same. Doesn't help that the zones pretty boring visually. Kun-lai is barren, brown and grey. Last 2 zones are pretty much the same, except they use different colours. Valley of the four winds is big open farmland, hardly the most interesting setting.

I loved Kun-Lai summit. Felt like they nailed that zone.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

The last two zones were originally just the same zone. Dread Wastes is just a section of Townlong Steppes that has been taken over by the Sha and Sha-corrupted Mantid. If you look at it from above, they have the same assets and general features, but Dread Wastes are sha-corrupted.

I don't really understand the criticism of Kun-Lai being "brown." The zone is supposed to look like the Himalayas/high mountains and it does a really good job - I thought it was one of the coolest looking zones to run through in the entire game - having those huge Everest like mountains (that you can actually climb up!), plus the monasteries was just awesome.

Berordn

What is the fourth 'bonus' Klaxxi daily? There seems to be one for every daily hub you get sent to:

Lake of Stars: ????

As far as I'm aware, there isn't one, and the Paragons give you one more daily than usual to compensate.

I'm probably wrong on at least part of that, though.

Tarazet

So here's a question: once you hit Exalted with factions, do you still have dailies you can do to get your coins for raiding?

Man, what is up with all the haste this tier for plate stuff? Only the Valor stuff has crit, everything is either haste/hit or haste/mastery. Then there's these two trinkets.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=86144

http://www.wowhead.com/item=89083

Whyyyyy

Not sure about Unholy (really dislike the spec, though I should give it a go again sometime), but Frost lurves haste.

I guess one with crit wouldn't hurt, but both Frost DKs and Retribution have more use for haste/mastery than crit. Makes up for the starting tier trinkets being 2/3 crit :D.

Crit is weighted as slightly better than Mastery for 2H Frost, but it's fairly insignificant. Mastery may even be better in a real world scenario X% of the time due to the randomness of Crit.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
So here's a question: once you hit Exalted with factions, do you still have dailies you can do to get your coins for raiding?

Yeah, hitting exalted never prevents you from doing dailies associated with those reps.

Berordn

Unless they add another source for coins, yeah. By that point you might have enough lesser coins for 6-8 weeks after, anyway.

Lucis

I have decided, Other than Sha, I will no longer use my weekly coin (unless it is about to get over the limit), save it all for the 2 new raid's LFR!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I have decided, Other than Sha, I will no longer use my weekly coin (unless it is about to get over the limit), save it all for the 2 new raid's LFR!

Just look up the bosses loot tables to figure out what gear you need. I don't offer up the coins on any boss from the first three since I have normal/LFR gear off of them. I used the coin three times and got some legplates off of Will of the Emperor LFR, but I was disappointed I didn't get the STR trink, so I would probably use it again.

Hardened Shell on Windward Isle is the fucking best. It's hilarious.

Berordn

Hell, I already have enough coins for 6 more weeks. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't a finite resource.

Oh, wasn't sure what you were asking. The quests don't go away at exalted for any of the factions, so you'll keep earning if you keep doing.

Chris R

I left the Jade Forrest as soon as I was able to but kinda wish I had stayed there longer now :( Only did like 10 quests in Valley of the Four Winds but did everything in Krasarang Wilds and Kun-Lai Summit.

In Townlong Steppes now and counting down the time until I can leave, worst zone ever :< Only two bars away from 89 and the Dread Wastes though.

Lucis

Just look up the bosses loot tables to figure out what gear you need. I don't offer up the coins on any boss from the first three since I have normal/LFR gear off of them. I used the coin three times and got some legplates off of Will of the Emperor LFR, but I was disappointed I didn't get the STR trink, so I would probably use it again.

Hardened Shell on Windward Isle is the fucking best. It's hilarious.

O I am pro at researching loots, but since I am already 470+, there's no reason to really need gear from the first LFR (other than maybe if trinket is considerably better for your class/spec)

everything else has upgrade in the second 2 raids most likely

Angry Grimace

Unless they add another source for coins, yeah. By that point you might have enough lesser coins for 6-8 weeks after, anyway.

My assumption is that 5.1 will be out by the time the average player actually has capped out Pandaren Ambassador. In any case, I have like 180 coins still. Doing Lotus dailies gives you tons and tons of them since Lotus dailies are immoral

Trickster

I don't really understand the criticism of Kun-Lai being "brown." The zone is supposed to look like the Himalayas/high mountains and it does a really good job - I thought it was one of the coolest looking zones to run through in the entire game - having those huge Everest like mountains (that you can actually climb up!), plus the monasteries was just awesome.

I get what they were going for, and they definitely nailed that aspect. But holy hell is the setting just boring to me. It's definitely my least favourite zone, by a large margin. And I do not like any of the zones in MoP outside of the jade forest.

Both wotlk and cata zones were an order of magnitude better. Especially from a visual standpoint. Those zones felt like the world designers had creative freedom to make the coolest zones they could come up with. MoP zones felt like one of the lead designers told the world designers that they HAD to make it feel asian/chinese. And so we end up with zones like Kun-lai and valley of the four winds.

Naka

Looks like mages are getting nerfed on the PTR. These are the things that stand out the most:
  • Pyroblast now has a 3 second cooldown.
  • Combustion's periodic damage is now based only on the current Ignite, instead of both Ignite and Pyroblast. Damage has been increased to bring it up to approximately the same level as before.
  • The damage absorbed by Ice Barrier has been reduced by 25%.

The Ice Barrier is just annoying but the other two are definitely fire nerfs.

Ultratech

Kun-Lai is a weird place. For the most part, it is brown, but you also have the snowy mountains in the mid to northern areas, then if you head all the way North/NE, it's all tropical looking by the coast and the Troll islands.

strafer

Kun-Lai is a weird place. For the most part, it is brown, but you also have the snowy mountains in the mid to northern areas, then if you head all the way North/NE, it's all tropical looking by the coast and the Troll islands.

It's Borean Tundra part 2.

Rokal

Had a really frustrating night of challenge mode attempts. Worked on Scarlet Halls a bit, using Yanger's guide which is quite good, but we could only get past the first 2 chained dogs about 1 in 5 attempts without the healer or a dps dying (dogs either came of the chain or someone was dumb and got too close).

The times we got beyond that part, we had two buckets get wasted, and the time we got past the first boss (making good time) everyone but me somehow got popped out of their invisibility pot in the cannon room so we called it for that dungeon : /. Not sure why they got popped out, I think one person used Death's Advance while invisible -_-

Tried Gate of the Setting Sun next... multiple dps deaths on the first trash part (standing in bombs), wipes on the second boss, wipes on the third boss (dps stood in the cleaves and we got overwhelmed by adds), couldn't kill the final boss

Makes me really sad :(, almost no signs of progress after wipes, people doing the same stupid thing over and over ugh.

We kill the first chained dog. It adds another 10-15 seconds to the run, but it's worth it if it prevents someone from dying (especially if you wipe and people have to run back through the hall again). The dog will attack the closest person to it, so your tank will want to know if you decide to kill it.

Mind you, we weren't going for gold (yet) but it doesn't sound like you are either.

Lucis

The challenge mode phoenix, I heard you can only get one (because the archievement =()

Anyways, how hard would it be to complete everything on silver? Harder than finishing the first raid on normal?

profit

finally hit ilvl 460 to queue for LFR. I open up the menu and everything is greyed out.... when I hover over it it says "your ilvl is 459"

No it isnt, in the character menu it says I'm 460! Blizzzaaaaaaaard!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Guys... I'm reading that Microsoft Intelli 3.0 has stopped being in the making. Is this only a thing in Sweden or what? I'm scares as fuck right now...

Berordn

Yup. Where did I get it, though? I have no idea...

Black Proto-Drake is from Glory of the Raider (25-Player), the T7 25-man raiding achievement. The meta is still in the game, but no longer rewards the mount, as of 3.1. A lot of people were close but just barely missed it.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
uhm, did you ebay your character? :D
It's common not to remember where you got your mounts from :p Heck, I barely even remember where I got my Pandaria-mounts from!

Yoshichan

It's a sign to take a break.
It's a sign that mounts are retardedly stupid as a druid, and that they need to become instant cast for us to give any shits :3

Robin64

God damn. 459. Need a ring from Horseman but the dick won't drop the one I want.

Edit: Got it. Character page says I have 460, raid finder interface says I have 459. FFFFUUUUU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom