• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Ashes of Al'ar and MH Warglaive in the same week, I'm on a roll of old-school loots!

That was 20th December, so it took me three attempts over the course of three weeks for this to happen:

ibirsM0PL27RC4.jpg

io62ihonHLEfw.jpg

(wearing Rogue Tier 8 lookalike)

Another week without loot from LFR on 2 chars. :(

Yeah got gold on Elegon and Lei Shei last night even with bonus rolls, last chance will be Ur'soc tonight. Still 2 Sigils of Wisdom short, too, didn't get any last night. Feelsbadman.jpg. At least I finally capped archaeology after ignoring it since WotLK :p.

Also I wish people would say when they haven't done a raid before. So sad watching four or five guys die on Elegon floor drop at this stage of MoP, and then inevitably someone gets salty in party chat. The dps drop that limps in to a Berserk is annoying too.

Robin64

Also I wish people would say when they haven't done a raid before. So sad watching four or five guys die on Elegon floor drop at this stage of MoP, and then inevitably someone gets salty in party chat. The dps drop that limps in to a Berserk is annoying too.

I'm not even sure you need to have done encounters before, these days. Most of the time, what's going on is blindingly obvious. There are huge messages on screen, even without a single addon, and everything is so choreographed. Just a case of paying attention rather than trying to get to the top of the DPS charts.

Bizazedo

I'm not even sure you need to have done encounters before, these days. Most of the time, what's going on is blindingly obvious. There are huge messages on screen, even without a single addon, and everything is so choreographed. Just a case of paying attention rather than trying to get to the top of the DPS charts.

Garalon is my current favorite LFR fight for crap like this.

Ultratech

Another week without loot from LFR on 2 chars. :(

Did Terrace LFR last night, and got Tier Shoulders off my Bonus Roll for Lei Shi. Still no gun. ;_;
Think I also got the Belt off Sha of Fear again, but I already had it. :(

Garalon is my current favorite LFR fight for crap like this.

Yeah, it still annoys me when people mess up on that fight.
"Stay out of the Purple Circle!" - Somebody goes and gets in the circle 3-4 times.

A shame it doesn't insta-kill people who step into it. It'd teach 'em right quick. (Then it'd promote AFKing for the fight... -_-)

Bizazedo

Yeah, it still annoys me when people mess up on that fight.
"Stay out of the Purple Circle!" - Somebody goes and gets in the circle 3-4 times.

Well...problem with Garalon, and why they nerfed it so hard I imagine, is that it's such an enticing fight to grief people with.

End of the LFR, easy for one person to damage the entire raid, so if you don't need valor / loot from Garalon.....

Speaking on a separate subject since I'm bored, what would everyone's thoughts be if they (slightly) reduced how tight the enrage timers were or reduced boss mob hp to lessen dps requirements on normal modes?

FLEABttn

Banned
Speaking on a separate subject since I'm bored, what would everyone's thoughts be if they (slightly) reduced how tight the enrage timers were or reduced boss mob hp to lessen dps requirements on normal modes?

I'm expecting nerfs to current normal modes in 5.2. I would imagine as a raid-wide buff as they've done before.

Berordn

I've always been of the opinion that the hardest part about Normal modes should be coordination. If people do what they're supposed to do and they don't dally, they ought to be able to get bosses down, and leave the super tight berserk timers to heroics.

On the other hand, a lot of these bosses wouldn't be any trouble at all without their berserk timer, so I dunno.

Hoplatee

Cleaned up my bank, still had a few BoE items from TBC World Bosses. Sold some staff for 10k. Easy money!

That was 20th December, so it took me three attempts over the course of three weeks for this to happen:

ibirsM0PL27RC4.jpg

io62ihonHLEfw.jpg

(wearing Rogue Tier 8 lookalike)

Lucky bastard. Want those Glaives so much!

Hoplatee

I'm having horrible luck with drops on my Blood DK. Would this be good enough to tank LFR or the world bosses? He's rocking 464 with a significant amount of reforged DPS gear. I do have the jeweler's facets for Mastery though. If it's not good enough, I should be able to get the Klaxxi neck and the valor legs this week.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/ghostlands/Hindemith/simple

Should be fine apart from those PVP items. I wouldn't worry too much about it. Just go and enjoy the epic :) (..... gold)

Started around that as well and then it just goes well. Again, just do it. You'll enjoy it.

Berordn

I'm having horrible luck with drops on my Blood DK. Would this be good enough to tank LFR or the world bosses? He's rocking 464 with a significant amount of reforged DPS gear. I do have the jeweler's facets for Mastery though. If it's not good enough, I should be able to get the Klaxxi neck and the valor legs this week.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/ghostlands/Hindemith/simple

A string of bad luck will probably get you squished, but it looks like you've got enough mastery to make do for the time being.

Rokam

So a month ago I got one Binding, and today I got the other and made Thunderfury. Got the Main Hand Glaive last week, got the OH today. It's a very legendary day.

Berordn

I'll just want to make sure Blood Shield is always up, right? Otherwise the Mastery points are wasted.

Yeah, you'll always want to juggle it so you've got a shield up at all times, but you also don't want to refresh it so often that you waste any potential absorption.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
You know, LFR is kind of shitty as some kind of gear up method. You just don't ever get any loot so there's almost no purpose in doing it other than wasting your own time. I mean, I don't even understand why anyone would bother once you did it two weeks in a row with no loot; that's about how long I can stand it before I find it so obnoxious and time wasting that I never want to do it again. They could at the very least give you JP on the bosses.

Rokam

You know, LFR is kind of shitty as some kind of gear up method. You just don't ever get any loot so there's almost no purpose in doing it other than wasting your own time. I mean, I don't even understand why anyone would bother once you did it two weeks in a row with no loot; that's about how long I can stand it before I find it so obnoxious and time wasting that I never want to do it again. They could at the very least give you JP on the bosses.

You're not meant to gear up instantly. People are blowing it way out of proportion. I've geared up 2 characters completely via LFR. I'm only missing the Sha Touched 2H Axe, however I have gotten 3 of the one handers. People that are bitching either aren't using coins or aren't doing full runs. Or only running it once a week even if they have coins still left over. Sometimes you have bad weeks, just like in normal raiding.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
You're not meant to gear up instantly. People are blowing it way out of proportion. I've geared up 2 characters completely via LFR. I'm only missing the Sha Touched 2H Axe, however I have gotten 3 of the one handers. People that are bitching either aren't using coins or aren't doing full runs. Or only running it once a week even if they have coins still left over. Sometimes you have bad weeks, just like in normal raiding.
That doesn't matter. If you do LFR in its entirety more than 2 or 3 times and don't get gear, I really can't see a sane person continuing to do it unless they have absolutely nothing better to do with their time; besides, anyone with the time to do extra LFR runs to blow their time-grind coins is probably in a real raiding guild in the first place. The thing is, its not real raiding. There's no inherent satisfaction or group camaraderie from doing it so the reward rate being significantly lower makes it a kind of a waste of time.

Rokam

Oh, so I haven't been doing that this entire time? Well shit.

Link to your armory so we can see that you haven't gotten any pieces of gear. Perhaps you're the unluckiest guy in the world. And I'm not trying to be a dick, most of the people posting on the WoW forums about never getting loot, usually have quite a few pieces or have only ran it once or twice. Can't trust anyone on the internet.

Rokam

Not a big fan of the DPS DK 4 piece:
Item - Death Knight T15 DPS 4P Bonus (New) Increases the duration of Army of the Dead by 15 sec

Seems pretty weak compared to the other 4 piece bonuses. But I love the Elemental Shaman ones. Hoping the set is Troll inspired as far as looks go.

FLEABttn

Banned
Link to your armory so we can see that you haven't gotten any pieces of gear. Perhaps you're the unluckiest guy in the world. And I'm not trying to be a dick, most of the people posting on the WoW forums about never getting loot, usually have quite a few pieces or have only ran it once or twice. Can't trust anyone on the internet.

We're talking about 2-3 times in a row with no loot. I have some LFR loot. I just haven't gotten any new LFR loot in over a month. An armory isn't going to verify that.

edit, holy shit, an armory will verify that. Last LFR loot was 12/14. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/tichondrius/Roa/feed Not over a month, just shy a month.

Time before that was 11/27.

I've shown you mine, show me the two you geared entirely from LFR.

That doesn't matter. If you do LFR in its entirety more than 2 or 3 times and don't get gear, I really can't see a sane person continuing to do it unless they have absolutely nothing better to do with their time; besides, anyone with the time to do extra LFR runs to blow their time-grind coins is probably in a real raiding guild in the first place. The thing is, its not real raiding. There's no inherent satisfaction or group camaraderie from doing it so the reward rate being significantly lower makes it a kind of a waste of time.
That's pretty much my sentiment. I get that I'm not supposed to get geared up instantly, but LFR in Cataclysm was far better. I was able to get 1-2 items per week in LFR by running all the instances, with the exception of an occasional off week. That's really how it should be in my opinion and I wouldn't consider that getting geared up instantly. Now a lot of people are in a position where they're still trying to catch up on gear and 5.2 is around the corner. Just doesn't make sense to me.

Not even seeing loot drop, regardless of winning it, is a complete motivation killer for doing LFR. And the fact that there are almost definitely multiple boss kills per week where not a single person in the raid wins loot is the antithesis of raiding imo.

Kenai

Are we sure that more loot goes out overall? I have a hard time believing that. With the previous LFR system, you always had around 4 pieces of loot drop off of each boss. I'd be surprised if more than 1-2 people are getting loot per boss with the current LFR, and that may be over-estimating. I liked the previous system in that I could see what dropped, so I knew it was real. Also, as time went by and more people picked up the pieces that they actually needed, my own chances of getting that specific item increased. Now people are getting random drops that can be repeats of gear they already have. There is no way to roll on what you need or hope to get what you need. Getting gold is sort of nice, but gold is not exactly a hard thing to come by in MoP. If I wanted to make gold I'd be doing something other than LFR. I run LFR for gear, so not getting or seeing anything for multiple runs is just a joke to me. I'm not trying to rant or anything. Just how i feel though :)

Statistically speaking, more loot is going out yea. You make a good point about less people needing on loot they don't want anymore, which might have meant overall distribution might not have improved (I have gotten loot I didn't want, then rolled again with a coin and got the same damn thing). I also understand that it might not feel better.

Like I said, I do think that the LFR loot could be way better, but barring a few exceptions like my weapon slots, that isn't really what I go in for since I can usually get better off the vendors now. It's clear that loot was always an afterthought to seeing the content, and Blizzard pretty much said that from day 1. They are still working on that though obviously.

Angry Grimace

I don't really understand why they didn't just actually make the loot rolls smart enough to detect spec. LFR's loot distributor is capable of doing it but the rolls system is not for whatever reason.

Rokam

We're talking about 2-3 times in a row with no loot. I have some LFR loot. I just haven't gotten any new LFR loot in over a month. An armory isn't going to verify that.

edit, holy shit, an armory will verify that. Last LFR loot was 12/14. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/tichondrius/Roa/feed Not over a month, just shy a month.

Yeah, but also looking at your armory I can see you've missed some weeks of each of the raids. But apparently they don't track when bosses are killed each week like the guild log does so can't tell when they were missed.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/malganis/Motanix/simple (Has LFR tier helm, 3 one handers, trinket and a neck in bank)
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/malganis/Rohkalor/simple (This would be the character opposite you, I got drops extremely fast, most without using coins so not a good judge)

Edit: Actually looking at the armory, I think it's bugged. It says the last time you did Terrace was on December 14th. Who know how that tracking shit works, doesn't even show me killing anything.

FLEABttn

Banned
Edit: Actually looking at the armory, I think it's bugged. It says the last time you did Terrace was on December 14th. Who know how that tracking shit works, doesn't even show me killing anything.

Yeah, my last terrace clear was the past Saturday. Not sure what the armory is smoking.

Rokam

I may end up race changing eventually if the Trolls look anything like the trash mobs in 5.2, or to an Orc if they end up looking good.

On another note these BoE blues that only require level 80 are awesome. Using a staff on my shadow priest right now, a MB or DP crit one shots anything. Makes leveling 80-85 so much easier.

CassSept

http://i.minus.com/ibirsM0PL27RC4.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.minus.com/io62ihonHLEfw.jpg[IMG]
(wearing Rogue Tier 8 lookalike)[/QUOTE]
Half a year of farming BT while it was relevant content.

Some more runs afterwards.

Farming it weekly since I managed to solo Illidari.

I never even saw a single glaive drop.

[B][I]HOW[/I][/B]

Tarazet

Yeah, you'll always want to juggle it so you've got a shield up at all times, but you also don't want to refresh it so often that you waste any potential absorption.

So MSV LFR was no problem. And by no problem, I mean I got knocked into the pit by the trash before Elegon and by the time I ran back, they had pulled and I was locked out, and then I left because I had already done Will of the Emperor queued as DPS. But I was tanking most of Spirit Kings and it was cake. Got a ring from Elegon, bought valor legs, and got the Klaxxi exalted ring, so now I'm up to 469 and searching for that last point. I need a heroic belt or a trinket.

Angry Grimace

Just in time for us to destroy it in the Siege of Org.

I'm still holding out hope they cancel Siege of Orgrimmar and keep the expansion in Pandaria where it belongs.

Robin64

I'm still holding out hope they cancel Siege of Orgrimmar and keep the expansion in Pandaria where it belongs.

It might start in Orgrimmar, but we'll probably follow Garrosh through a portal to Pandaria and finish it there, and all will be right with the world.

Have we actually KILLED these Sha we've been fighting? Or can they just return as much as they want?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom