• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally some decent set bonuses for resto shamans.

Item - Shaman T15 Restoration 2P Bonus (New) Your Healing Stream Totem now heals an additional target for 50% of its normal amount.
Item - Shaman T15 Restoration 4P Bonus (New) Your Ancestral Wakening now has a 20% chance to trigger on non-critical heals.

Not very exciting since it's all smart healing you probably don't even notice most of the time, but I'll take anything over the tier 13 bonuses. The ele/enh bonuses on the other hand are as cool as they are good. Makes me excited the be the third healer with dps os in my raid. Unlike some of you more pitiable guys, LFR (and Sha) loves me as well. LFR hasn't left me hanging since the first two weeks. Since then, it feels as if I've been drowning in loot.

2 with 480ish enh gear

strafer

tumblr_mge6rgdcZz1rn9hxoo1_1280.png

tumblr_mge6rgdcZz1rn9hxoo2_1280.png

tumblr_mge6rgdcZz1rn9hxoo3_1280.png

tumblr_mge6rgdcZz1rn9hxoo5_1280.png

tumblr_mge6teh4Rd1rn9hxoo1_1280.png

tumblr_mge6rgdcZz1rn9hxoo6_1280.png

tumblr_mge6teh4Rd1rn9hxoo4_1280.png

tumblr_mge6rgdcZz1rn9hxoo10_1280.png

Trickster

Finally some decent set bonuses for resto shamans.

Item - Shaman T15 Restoration 2P Bonus (New) Your Healing Stream Totem now heals an additional target for 50% of its normal amount.
Item - Shaman T15 Restoration 4P Bonus (New) Your Ancestral Wakening now has a 20% chance to trigger on non-critical heals.

Not very exciting since it's all smart healing you probably don't even notice most of the time, but I'll take anything over the tier 13 bonuses. The ele/enh bonuses on the other hand are as cool as they are good. Makes me excited the be the third healer with dps os in my raid. Unlike some of you more pitiable guys, LFR (and Sha) loves me as well. LFR hasn't left me hanging since the first two weeks. Since then, it feels as if I've been drowning in loot.

2 with 480ish enh gear

you're doing lfr on all 3 characters each week? I think I'd die from boredom doing that, the queues alone would kill me actually.

Trickster

I can barely do Terrance on my main without falling asleep.

My problem is that lfr is so easy that it's boring. Of course if blizzard made it just a tiny bit hard ( ie. Garalon ), people would fail so hard that lfr becomes an even more awful experience.

Not needing gear from lfr also means my incentive to go lfr is very small, only do it to get valor capped so I can complete the wrathion quest...

you're doing lfr on all 3 characters each week? I think I'd die from boredom doing that, the queues alone would kill me actually.

Not at all. This week I just did one or two parts on my shaman, and ToES and NoS on my mage. Now that I got the chest, I don't even need to do LFR on my mage any more. Only upgrade is the OH, but I doubt I'll bother. The paladin only does LFR every once in a while, if I feel like it. I try to do all parts on my shaman for os gear, but it's not important. LFR is no problem, the bigger issue is having to valor cap on my mage and shaman for the legendary quest.

edit: As for queues... It's such a non issue. Just alt tab, or watch something (vlc media player always on top), do dailies, or pet battles, etc.

Robin64

How would you guys feel about making tabards "useful" again by giving a VP bonus to dailies if you wear that faction's tabard?

The way I see it, it would a) give tabards a use beyond cosmetics and b) give a stronger reason to run dailies for factions you hit Exalted with ages ago.

ampere

How would you guys feel about making tabards "useful" again by giving a VP bonus to dailies if you wear that faction's tabard?

The way I see it, it would a) give tabards a use beyond cosmetics and b) give a stronger reason to run dailies for factions you hit Exalted with ages ago.

I think it's fine if tabards remain purely cosmetic, but they must fix the inventory storage problem they cause. Tabards need to be like titles or mounts and not take up bag space.

VP bonus from dailies, not a terrible idea for making tabards useful, but my main concern is storage.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Draxal

You know, LFR is kind of shitty as some kind of gear up method. You just don't ever get any loot so there's almost no purpose in doing it other than wasting your own time. I mean, I don't even understand why anyone would bother once you did it two weeks in a row with no loot; that's about how long I can stand it before I find it so obnoxious and time wasting that I never want to do it again. They could at the very least give you JP on the bosses.

Should just make lfr loot be purchased with valor as well. It's just soul crushing to have random loot work like this in a situation where you know you aren't gear your guild/raid (unless you do guild lfr). I haven't bothered with lrf after the second raid because it's so pointless.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Where have you been good sir? :)
I hit a burnout point and then got interested in another game. Also, some real life issues that caused me to scale back (and then eventually dropping it completely). I'll be back, of course!

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Is there a quicker way to get Black Prince Rep? I got to honored by killing mobs on the PVP shore one by one. Now they want me to kill more, but I need 12k rep.

(beautiful dino pics)

Man, I loved Un'goro back in the day, great updated vibe here.

View Post

Personally I'd like a way to set one "magical rep tabard" to any given faction in your reputation list, similar to how you can use the xp bar. I've got a bunch of old reps, mostly BC, that are in varying degrees of friendly/honored that I would like to be able to easily pump back up without having to go back to those zones and grind.

Berordn

Is there a quicker way to get Black Prince Rep? I got to honored by killing mobs on the PVP shore one by one. Now they want me to kill more, but I need 12k rep.

Just by killing stuff. If you do the dailies regularly while you're on his quests it isn't that bad, and you'll usually hit his rep cap before you're done with the daily hub's rep or his other quest.

Tarazet

The PVP shore is definitely the fastest way to do it. I ground to Revered with a buddy in less than an hour.

McNei1y

The bonus roll system is pretty hit or miss for me. There's been a week or two where I didn't get anything from the raids that I wanted. Last night, though, I went 2 for 2 on Heroic Vaults where I got the two pieces I needed from Feng and the troll dude (who's name I can never remember).

One week I went 3 for 3 on bonuses rolls in LFR Terrace. That really helped me jump up my ilvl. I've also purchased two or three pieces of conquest PVP gear. All of that stuff in one week boosted my ilvl by like 6 points. I went from doing LFR's to Heroics with my guild instantly. Too bad they aren't wasting time on normal HOF or Terrace because I still don't have my warlock 4piece let alone any tier piece above 483 (aside from the gloves that I got from Sha).

Kenai

And i'll bet my right nut they're gonna make us wait for the next expansion before they implement them.

That wouldn't surprise me, although they are probably going to give the graphical update to everyone playing and not just new expansion people.

I have also noticed that some races have new voices when they die (orcs) or new pitches when they die (humans) and was wondering if that had something to do with it. I know Orcs at least are one of the races already "done".

Ultratech

Wondering where the "Stolen [faction] Insignia"s come from. Like this one:

http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=94223

According to some of the stuff I saw earlier, looks like those Zandalari Warscouts and Warbringers drop 'em when you manage to kill 'em.

They seem to be in pretty random spots at the moment.

The Dinos on the Isle of Giants are pretty awesome looking. Seems like they have crazy amounts of health though (millions upon millions...).

Also, this seems crazily ridiculous:
file.php

And not terribly surprised this got hotfixed:
Blizzard said:
General

Attack Power gained from Vengeance is now capped at the player's maximum health.

Kuntz

Looks like openraid now has guilds, do we have a GAF openraid guild yet ? would be great to play together and create events.

only problem, we would a guild for each client version (eu/us/asia?)

Tarazet

Yeah, apparently a Lv80 Paladin went and solo'd a few bosses in Mogu'shan Vault and managed to down them thanks to a ton of crap, including heavily uncapped Vengeance.

http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/01/09/level-80-paladin-solos-some-mogushan-vaults-bosses-gets-vengea/

I guess that in turn prompted Blizzard to hotfix it.

That's pretty awesome. I had a level 80 Moonkin running with me a few weeks ago running a number of 409 blues, and he was putting out upwards of 100k DPS. It doesn't surprise me that a truly dedicated player could do something ridiculous like that.

Rokam

That's pretty awesome. I had a level 80 Moonkin running with me a few weeks ago running a number of 409 blues, and he was putting out upwards of 100k DPS. It doesn't surprise me that a truly dedicated player could do something ridiculous like that.

Well to be fair it didn't take any skill. Vengeance was just stacked so high that shield absorbed massive amounts of damage. The only limiting fact was the gear itself.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I checked the new Pandaria map and there seems to be 2 new islands to the north. What is the 2nd island?

So a month ago I got one Binding, and today I got the other and made Thunderfury. Got the Main Hand Glaive last week, got the OH today. It's a very legendary day.

Congrats. I had a binding drop for my HUNTER. I was pissed. lol

I also had an eye of sulfuras drop on my pally.

Speaking of Paladins, I've been running bwl for weeks and still can't get the tier 2 head, chest, or gloves to drop for my paladin. Even been doing Onyxia to try and get the head and can't get ANYTHING to drop. It's driving me nuts.

Okay, so I've been leveling a ret pally but want to give tanking a shot. I haven't tanked since BC. Any suggestions? I honestly have kind of slept through playing as my pally because Ret got boring. Suggestions on how to go about shit? I'm level 87. I'd appreciate any help you guys can give.

Thanks!

Rokam

Okay, so I've been leveling a ret pally but want to give tanking a shot. I haven't tanked since BC. Any suggestions? I honestly have kind of slept through playing as my pally because Ret got boring. Suggestions on how to go about shit? I'm level 87. I'd appreciate any help you guys can give.

Thanks!

http://sacredduty.net/author/theckhd/ There's a lot to read through, but it's all good information. The only thing I know about prot pallies is you stack Haste and Mastery and ignore Dodge/Parry.

Eh, I'd prefer if vengeance was capped at 2x max health instead. Would probably fix the issue without being too much of a hit to tank DPS in the encounters where it plays a role.

Hoplatee

Oh my. That level 80 pala, amazing. Didn't see that yet.

In other news... Exalted Golden Lotus on one char and revered Shieldwall. This will save me lots of time! Few more days on my other char and then finally done. OnlyShado-Pan / August Cel left then but those don't seem that bad to hit Revered with. Don't think it is worth to grind exalted with any other factions than GL/Klaxxi if you don't care about mounts and stuff?

Well I'm at i-level 469 now. I'm trying to decide whether or not to just waste my valor points on a single upgrade to see if that boosts me up to 470. Something that really helps, if people are looking for a random item to help with their i-level are the faction rares in Domination Point/ Lion's Landing. I killed the same rare twice to get back alliance control of a tower and on the second kill, the SI:7 Operative's Manual dropped, which is an i-level 483 pvp trinket. Not that hard to acquire if your class can handle soloing stuff with not too much trouble and you don't mind logging on early in the morning or late at night to see if they're up. During the day there is probably a little more competition and the chance to get ganked while trying. My server is terrible with AH stuff. Not much selection and prices are usually high because it's lower population and the few AH junkies really jack up the prices on anything they can. I might get the inscribed jade fan (caster-offhand), but the only one up right now is for 7K gold and I don't think it's worth it.

Hoplatee

Well I'm at i-level 469 now. I'm trying to decide whether or not to just waste my valor points on a single upgrade to see if that boosts me up to 470. Something that really helps, if people are looking for a random item to help with their i-level are the faction rares in Domination Point/ Lion's Landing. I killed the same rare twice to get back alliance control of a tower and on the second kill, the SI:7 Operative's Manual dropped, which is an i-level 483 pvp trinket. Not that hard to acquire if your class can handle soloing stuff with not too much trouble and you don't mind logging on early in the morning or late at night to see if they're up. During the day there is probably a little more competition and the chance to get ganked while trying. My server is terrible with AH stuff. Not much selection and prices are usually high because it's lower population and the few AH junkies really jack up the prices on anything they can. I might get the inscribed jade fan (caster-offhand), but the only one up right now is for 7K gold and I don't think it's worth it.

Just buy one item and then do the LFR. You might get something that will boost your ILVL high enough then without the item you bought. You could then just sell that Valor item again so you keep the points if you want to buy something else instead / later on.

Won't work if you are Valor Capped though since you can't return items if you go over the cap again.

Just buy one item and then do the LFR. You might get something that will boost your ILVL high enough then without the item you bought. You could then just sell that Valor item again so you keep the points if you want to buy something else instead / later on.

Won't work if you are Valor Capped though since you can't return items if you go over the cap again.
I think that is my plan, but there is literally only one 476 item on the AH that could replace any of my gear (inscribed jade fan), but it's not worth 7000 gold. I'm trying to be patient and if anything pops up that is reasonable, i'll pull the trigger.

And what is the story with meta gems being so expensive on the AH? The one I need is 1500 gold and Im not paying for that. I've seen some as high as 2400 :p I really need to max level my warrior who is a JC/Miner, but leveling my main burned me out big time.

Tarazet

http://sacredduty.net/author/theckhd/ There's a lot to read through, but it's all good information. The only thing I know about prot pallies is you stack Haste and Mastery and ignore Dodge/Parry.

You can, but stacking avoidance stats is also viable. It will change your damage intake and affect your holy power generation, but you'll take less damage in heavy melee situations. Also, you want to use Seal of Insight all the time now, because they tuned things in such a way that tanks need to self-heal a lot more than before. I've been leveling through Pandaria dungeons with the avoidance priority (Stam, then Dodge/Parry, Mastery, then Hit and Expertise), and there have been at least 3 different situations where I was able to stay alive without a healer on a boss fight and prevent a wipe. I soloed the last boss in Shado-Pan Monastery from 20% to dead.

Dawg

Enjoy this teaser of patch 5.2, which features the largest raid in World of Warcraft history, a progressive new quest hub, new pets and mounts, significant class balance changes, and more!

whoah

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I'm starting to wonder how many raids we're going to get up getting in MoP.

We already have more boss encounters as of 5.2 than we had in the whole of Cata.

Well, at least they're keeping their promise for faster(and more) content this time.

Not sure if I should be happy or mad. That means i'll have to sub again soon and maybe delay playing another new video game!

Blizzard is smoking some special kinds of crack with the PvP parts of the Legendary questline. Wrathion might as well look like Greg "Hey there's lots to do in MoP go try everything" Street.

Berordn

Blizzard is smoking some special kinds of crack with the PvP parts of the Legendary questline. Wrathion might as well look like Greg "Hey there's lots to do in MoP go try everything" Street.

Did those ever end up making it into the game? Because that really would be terrible.

What are other ways to get better gear. I'm ilvl 473 atm. Did all the raids in lfr and heroic dungeons seem to give only lvl 463 stuff? I do dailies and such to get valor but it seems to take forever to save enough to buy anything. Anything else I'm missing?

Berordn

What are other ways to get better gear. I'm ilvl 473 atm. Did all the raids in lfr and heroic dungeons seem to give only lvl 463 stuff? I do dailies and such to get valor but it seems to take forever to save enough to buy anything. Anything else I'm missing?

There's crafted 476 and 489 gear, but other than that you mostly just have to cap on valor and wait if you're not running raids outside of LFR.

473 ilevel is enough to try normal MSV if you're wearing appropriate gear though.

Did those ever end up making it into the game? Because that really would be terrible.

Yes and yes.

"Hey there stranger, go do dailies and dungeons until you're at a specific rep threshold, and go do raids until you get 20 orange things."
"Great, now cap valor for the next six weeks."
"All done? Cool now form a pvp raid for a world boss and win 2 battlegrounds nobody does."

Grrrrrr....

Berordn

Yes and yes.

"Hey there stranger, go do dailies and dungeons until you're at a specific rep threshold, and go do raids until you get 20 orange things."
"Great, now cap valor for the next six weeks."
"All done? Cool now form a pvp raid for a world boss and win 2 battlegrounds nobody does."

Grrrrrr....

Ugh. I thought The Lion Roars didn't make it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom