• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windam

Scaley member
Hey guys, I'm relatively new to the game and I'm just wondering if there's a way to earn those Darkmoon prize tickets fast; I'd like that heirloom bow. Also, why is everything on the auction house so expensive? ;___;

I know i'm all doom and gloom most of the time, but i'm still having fun with the game. I got my i-level up to 472 this morning. Last night, I killed the horde rare Muerta and got a 2nd 483 pvp trinket, but for some reason it didn't put me up to 470 like i thought it would. This morning i got up and finished a round of shieldwall dailies and got to honored. I purchased the ring and that did the trick. I'm at work now, but I'll be giving the new raids i can enter in LFR a try later tonight. I really want Jin'ya, Orb of the Waterspeaker for the movement speed increase. I luuuuv anything that speeds me up mounted or unmounted. I've always preferred a main hand / offhand combo, but the 10% movement increase is too awesome.

Berordn

Hey guys, I'm relatively new to the game and I'm just wondering if there's a way to earn those Darkmoon prize tickets fast; I'd like that heirloom bow. Also, why is everything on the auction house so expensive? ;___;

Darkmoon tickets and rep are a slow, slow grind, especially with today being the last day the faire's open in the month.

You can get the bow with Justice Points if you have a character at 85/90.

Windam

Scaley member
Darkmoon tickets and rep are a slow, slow grind, especially with today being the last day the faire's open in the month.

You can get the bow with Justice Points if you have a character at 85/90.

Aw crap, well looks like that won't be happening for a while (only have my one level 38). Also what's the use of honor points? I did a battleground last night and got a few, but I have no idea what they're used for. :s

Not really. You can acquire the darkmoon faire turn ins by running heroics with the adventurer's guide in your inventory. Unfortunately you can only do one of each turn in per darkmoon faire event. And they usually sell pretty high on the AH 100+ gold.

Sciz

...because elemental shaman have always had such issues on AoE.

They suffered for a good long time. These days, Chain Lightning's been nerfed enough that it isn't quite as godly as it used to be without having it glyphed and a full 4-5 targets to lay into. Removing the dropoff's an odd decision though, Lava Beam already does that.

Aw crap, well looks like that won't be happening for a while (only have my one level 38). Also what's the use of honor points? I did a battleground last night and got a few, but I have no idea what they're used for. :s

Honor points let you buy PvP gear. It's a good idea to have a decent amount of them on hand when you hit 60 and 70, as you can go pick up cheap sets of old epic gear that'll outstrip any questing gear at those levels by a mile.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Because there's inflation due to an increase in the money the general WoW population has because Cataclysm and MOP quests give out relatively large amounts of gold.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I never played WoW before, i know its a starter edition buy i want to buy the game...where is the best place(price)?

You just download it directly from Blizzard. The game is free to level 20 and then you can upgrade to a "real" account although the Starter Edition is vaguely limited in the things it can do like joining certain chat channels.

Relax.MX

You just download it directly from Blizzard. The game is free to level 20 and then you can upgrade to a "real" account although the Starter Edition is vaguely limited in the things it can do like joining certain chat channels.

Thanks...download now...

Is on sale frecuently?

Berordn

They suffered for a good long time. These days, Chain Lightning's been nerfed enough that it isn't quite as godly as it used to be without having it glyphed and a full 4-5 targets to lay into. Removing the dropoff's an odd decision though, Lava Beam already does that.

I just have memories of late Cata where I'll see a chain and watch everything around it melt. And then you got the lava beam and they started to literally melt.

Shamans have all the fun toys.

Thanks...download now...

Is on sale frecuently?

It goes on sale from time to time where it'll be 5 dollars for the battlechest, but it's not that often.

Dawg

We are still iterating on Blade Flurry. We feel like the implementation of Blade Flurry on live forces rogues to go Combat on any cleave fights, while leaving Combat too far behind on any single target fights. It's fine if the rogue specs have niches, but the niches shouldn't be so rigid that you don't feel like you have any choice in spec. Blade Flurry will be how Combat does 2-5 target AoE damage. In the next PTR build, it deals 40% of normal damage to up to 4 additional targets, for a 20% energy regen reduction.

Good, I guess.

Hoplatee

Now that I have a Tank & Healer at max level I want to level a DPS class. What would be a pick that does not require all that much thinking?

Is it stil... Hunter? And I assume they are also solo gods at 90?

I played Rogue before but didn't really like it. Monks looks a bit complicated for no brain action.

I also have a priest still at 66 but it has been yeaaaaaaars since I played that so I am pretty cluesless about that one. Tried it earlier this week as Disc Healing to try Priest healing a bit but when you get back to some class you have not played for years it is total disaster. So many skills and stuff. She is still rocking Benediction / Anathema baby!

e) also played Paladin, not my thing.

Berordn

Mage still abides by easy to learn, hard to master design. For the most part each spec revolves around a single nuke, a single castable DoT and procs, and you can achieve decent DPS just by sticking to that. But alter time and talents can throw a wrench into your playstyle and seriously make you think.

Warlocks can be fun, but they're not really that simple, each spec revolves around a variety of DoTs and unique mechanics that can take a while to learn. They're not that hard either, but doing decent DPS will require a lot of attention.

Hunters are in a weird place. Not bad, not great, and the talents can be... confusing. Still easy to level though.

Angry Grimace

Grats to Grimace on Ashes. I'm jealous.

If you fly into water with Ashes of Al'ar, it causes Al'ar to dismount and you can't mount it again until you are on the surface or out of the water (i.e. just like old school mounts). The effect is to make it look like Al'ar gets extinguished by the water when you fly in.

Also, you can't learn the mount without Artisan Riding but you can fly it at Expert level on another character that only has Expert (which begs the question of why that particular restriction exists, of course).

ampere

Challenge Conqueror: Gold! :D

3KmGb.jpg

Thanks again to Marza (theyanger) for the guides and tips :). Obviously couldn't mimic everything as I did it as a Brewmaster with a Mistweaver healer (and varying dps comp), but the guides were awesome. Stole some tips and tricks from other videos as well, but there weren't any other good commentary videos, stuff like pointing out the gong in Niuzao was really helpful.

Westlo

I think its pretty apparent there's some serious disagreement behind the scenes about this system.

if it comes back for 5.3 (non raid patch) and goes out again for 5.4 (raid patch) it's pretty obvious they're pulling some bullshit lol. It's the "Oh you got all your raid/valor gear, well you can upgrade that in this patch" thing that they pull once new raids come out with better gear.

Hoplatee

Mage still abides by easy to learn, hard to master design. For the most part each spec revolves around a single nuke, a single castable DoT and procs, and you can achieve decent DPS just by sticking to that. But alter time and talents can throw a wrench into your playstyle and seriously make you think.

Warlocks can be fun, but they're not really that simple, each spec revolves around a variety of DoTs and unique mechanics that can take a while to learn. They're not that hard either, but doing decent DPS will require a lot of attention.

Hunters are in a weird place. Not bad, not great, and the talents can be... confusing. Still easy to level though.

Thanks for the answers. Will try some of them out a bit then and see what i like the most.

I'm still rather new to the game in comparison to others here. So far tried: Paladin, Hunter, Mage

My Paladin is 90 (ret pally) which is my main. Tried mage out today till around lvl 12. Honestly didn't have much fun with it. Just blast stuff from afar it seems. My hunter I got to lvl 79. Probably the easiest to level up...almost too easy really.

Berordn

I'm still rather new to the game in comparison to others here. So far tried: Paladin, Hunter, Mage

My Paladin is 90 (ret pally) which is my main. Tried mage out today till around lvl 12. Honestly didn't have much fun with it. Just blast stuff from afar it seems. My hunter I got to lvl 79. Probably the easiest to level up...almost too easy really.

Leveling a mage is admittedly boring as sin now, everything's dead before it can touch you. It gets better, but not until 80ish.

That applies to most classes in the game though.

I got an eye of sulfuras to drop. Now no matter what I do I can't seem to get ANY blood of the mountain. Anybody have any suggestions? The AH on my server wants 5k a piece.

Rokam

I got an eye of sulfuras to drop. Now no matter what I do I can't seem to get ANY blood of the mountain. Anybody have any suggestions? The AH on my server wants 5k a piece.

Kill all the Molten Destroyers w/o killing any bosses, wait for a soft reset. Rinse & repeat, also if you have a miner be sure to go mine up all the dark iron nodes.

Ultratech

Leveling a mage is admittedly boring as sin now, everything's dead before it can touch you. It gets better, but not until 80ish.

That applies to most classes in the game though.

This is true for the most part.

I've been leveling a Mage off and on, and it's really pretty boring.

As a Frost Mage, getting Blizzard and Frost Orb really helped things a bit. (All that AoE damage...hehe)

Tarazet

Nah it's stupid. It's been a while since they've done something that's bad for PVP and PVE but they managed it with the item upgrade.

It's useful in a couple of cases:

- Upgrading heroic dungeon items when the epic version stubbornly refuses to drop
- Upgrading heroic raid items or anything else that is already BiS

Other than that, I would tend to agree.

Angry Grimace

- Upgrading heroic dungeon items when the epic version stubbornly refuses to drop

Too bad the amount of JP you need to upgrade a dungeon item is like 1500 which is like 20 dungeons worth or something.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

It's just a dumb use of points. I bet they bring it back for the last patch though, they are always stupid with the gap between final patch -> expac. Then it won't matter as much and you could actually spend worthless valor on it.

Angry Grimace

I wouldn't be surprised at all to never see it come back.

So just wondering because I haven't really played at all since MoP.

Did Blizzard really make PVE gear crappy in PVP situations? Are there still some godly PVE gear that PVP'ers covet (Trinkets, Jewelry, Weapons were always the usual suspects)?

Berordn

New valor gear. Or nothing. And "nothing" really isn't unprecedented.

And nothing isn't even necessarily bad. I don't mind a month or two of nothing. Gives me time to do other things.

The new valor gear will probably be worse than the heroic T14 gear, and if I'm going to be raiding anyway, I'm going to be capped on valor within 2 weeks, especially if there's another idiotic portion to Wrathion's line.

Nothing isn't bad, but it does nothing to encourage me to keep logging on outside of raid days. They don't need to put the best rewards behind valor, but they ought to let me do something with it.

At 90, a lot of Wrath raids are soloable by hybrids and heavily armored characters now, and even my mage can solo EoE and Onyxia.

Soloing the Wrath raids at 90 can be a good time; I soloed 3-drake 10-man Sartharion last night and it was a fantastic moment. Especially when I wasn't entirely sure I could pull it off as Windwalker.

Angry Grimace

How long did it take you guys to get all the sigils? I still don't have them all after quite a few runs.

I don't know how anyone can actually run Heart of Fear enough to get them all. Its so boring.

Berordn

Haha. It is not the best Raid they ever made, no. :p I hope the normal raid is waaaaaaaay better than the LFR!

HoF on Normal is actually a pretty decent challenge for your average raid, but some of the fights (Zor'lok and Mel'jarak in particular) are still stupid easy.

Rösti;46403147 said:
I got Shin'ka, Execution of Dominion and Patroller's Girdle of Endless Spring today in one run (which was also my first LFR run this week).
You lucky piece of... grats dude :) I've cleared MV twice and did heart of fear and part of terrace of endless springs this morning and still haven't seen anything but a couple of sigils and gold. I need to finish up terrace of endless springs tonight, but I think I already know what the outcome will be. Really is unexciting not getting to see gear drop. I griped about it on the wow forums and apparently not many people share my sentiment. Most people immediately jump on the "you just want easy loot" or "you're just being a baby" bandwagon and blow off my posts. Is there anyone that misses being able to see stuff drop? It just gave boss kills a lot more flavor and let you see the fruits of your labor regardless of winning loot. My opinion at least.

Hoplatee

I have to have the worst luck. Two weeks of raiding all the LFRs gave me one of each. At this point, I'm like "fuck the Black Prince and his loony requests".

The silly part is that the Valor collection part should be the first step as well. Would make more sense. Now you complete the quests and then he's like... 'Cool, yeah, here, farm another 6 weeks!'. Though it does not really matter so far.

Is there anyone that misses being able to see stuff drop? It just gave boss kills a lot more flavor and let you see the fruits of your labor regardless of winning loot. My opinion at least.

I would like to see what others win, yes. Makes it feel a little bit more rewarding knowing what loot others people did get. I know, there will always be people winning loot but not seeing it is just boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom