• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Haven't played since Cata, has the gear scaled enough to easily 2-man BT yet? Or even 2-man ICC?

You can easily solo BT (if you're the right class) and ICC is soloable other than Valithria for a lot of classes.

Hoplatee

You can easily solo BT (if you're the right class) and ICC is soloable other than Valithria for a lot of classes.

Makes me think about what class would be the best/worst out of all to solo old content? I'd rank DK first because wel, loldk, second would probably be any other tank bust most likely Warrior a bit better (nothing, seriously nothing kills you with Second Wind), then Hunter I guess... And then I don't really know.

My gut tells me Mage might actually be the 'worst' even though they can nuke insanely hard.

Is this with blues or what?

Should not really matter. I did it in blues on my Warrior for what it's worth. Obviously in shit gear it will be harder than decent gear and stuff. Depends a lot on the class as well of course.

ICC I would not know. Only did that with groups but there never was much to heal apart from the healing boss. We wiped on Lich King (SHADOW TRAPS PEOPLE) and then a DK just facerolled away 35 million HP.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Hmmm. It is very tempting to just jump in again for a bit to blow through the old raids for fun or for transmog shit, assuming that system is still the same.

A buddy and I would always do this and it was the most fun I've ever had in WoW. We were a Rogue/Druid combo and it was incredibly simple to cherry pick as we just stealthed through anything we didn't want.

Hoplatee

Hmmm. It is very tempting to just jump in again for a bit to blow through the old raids for fun or for transmog shit, assuming that system is still the same.

A buddy and I would always do this and it was the most fun I've ever had in WoW. We were a Rogue/Druid combo and it was incredibly simple to cherry pick as we just stealthed through anything we didn't want.

You can do that perfectly fine. It is great fun :p Though you obviously have to kill some bosses before you can go to others but that is not really a problem. Would be nice if they would just open up Black Temple in the same way they did with SSC and TK.

Even better if you are the Druid. Easy!

.... Though if you go to SSC I would go bear / kitteh :3 on one boss. I forgot his name but he instakills you if you have aggro and have mana. Boom! It is the one after Leo with some hunter add + pet, shaman add and something else.

e) oh, and you can NOT solo the first boss in Sunwell as far as I know. You will need two for that but you can skip him. Brut is a DPS or survival check but that is the only nasty one I can think about for TBC content.

e2) Kael is easier to solo than to do with friends. He will not mind control if there is only 1 person around. With 2 he will and that might get nasty. That fight in itself is hilarious to solo as Prot Warrior. 90% of the time stunned, feared, locked, everything. And still laughing while I slowly smack him down. And then I weep when the mount did not drop. :(

Ryaaan14

Banned
You can do that perfectly fine. It is great fun :p Though you obviously have to kill some bosses before you can go to others but that is not really a problem. Would be nice if they would just open up Black Temple in the same way they did with SSC and TK.

Even better if you are the Druid. Easy!

.... Though if you go to SSC I would go bear / kitteh :3 on one boss. I forgot his name but he instakills you if you have aggro and have mana. Boom! It is the one after Leo with some hunter add + pet, shaman add and something else.

e) oh, and you can NOT solo the first boss in Sunwell as far as I know. You will need two for that but you can skip him. Brut is a DPS or survival check but that is the only nasty one I can think about for TBC content.

He is the Druid :_P But we both enjoyed the roles we had. I wouldn't have much fun soloing a raid, it's all about the laughs and social interaction.

Sunwell was one of our favorites to run. Along with Karazhan (aside from the fuckin chess game, no thanks)

Hoplatee

He is the Druid :_P But we both enjoyed the roles we had. I wouldn't have much fun soloing a raid, it's all about the laughs and social interaction.

Sunwell was one of our favorites to run. Along with Karazhan (aside from the fuckin chess game, no thanks)

Sunwell looked so amazing. I was not playing anymore at that time for a few months but I can really see why people loved and hated it so much. Fun fights.

Karazhan... Yeah, they made chess easier now but I still fail at it so I stopped going to any other bosses afterthe opera. Need the cloak from that event and the mount from first boss.

I am not a big fan of bringing old content back as 5 player / new 10 man or something but Karazhan deserves it. Fantastic instance. It still has fun fight mechanics. Obviously at this high level you won't see anything of it or even anything dangerous but it is all there.

A proper Dire Maul wouldn't be that bad either. Pretty unique instance.

Pollux

a winner is me

IYYan.jpg

Took some time off of WoW, but congrats man. Well done.

Brofist

I couldn't clear the Council on my rogue for some reason. Was late night after a long session, so could have just been tired, but seemed like a tough solo for a rogue.

Just got a txt from a firend. He wants to play the new content. We both rolled Pandas with ironic names and went off.

If its like the other times we tired to get back into it, well make it to outland and stop. outland is such a drag.

Sarcasm

Just got a txt from a firend. He wants to play the new content. We both rolled Pandas with ironic names and went off.

If its like the other times we tired to get back into it, well make it to outland and stop. outland is such a drag.

Yea but even without exp buffs and the basic ones it goes even faster now. I was like 1.5 zones til I was 68.

Yea but even without exp buffs and the basic ones it goes even faster now. I was like 1.5 zones til I was 68.

Yeah, I know what ya mean. BUt I really only wanna play with cool people. Once my firend stops playing I stop to. Now if I could find a group of people to play with that where cool...

Quick question, does anyone know if the character tooltip for spell hit takes into account having the gnome shortblade specialization, which converts 1% expertise to 1% hit if you use daggers and one handed swords?

Mine shows that i still have a .44% chance to miss on bosses and I didn't know if I need to get more hit or if i could leave my hit at 14% instead of 15%.

Rokam

Hit 90 on my third character today, and proceeded to Valor cap, still not geared enough for LFR. But I really do love getting Siege 3-4 times... -_-;

Hoplatee

Hit 90 on my third character today, and proceeded to Valor cap, still not geared enough for LFR. But I really do love getting Siege 3-4 times... -_-;

Yeah, that second boss really is terrible after the first time. It takes so long and there is zero challenge or any fun.

Rokam

Not only that but it's long if your dps is shit, and having hit 90 my dps is shit and I'm still on top of the meters. :( I've ran into so many terrible people today. Using bloodlust right off the bat on the 3rd boss, no one interrupts ever.

ch0mp

Quick question, does anyone know if the character tooltip for spell hit takes into account having the gnome shortblade specialization, which converts 1% expertise to 1% hit if you use daggers and one handed swords?

Mine shows that i still have a .44% chance to miss on bosses and I didn't know if I need to get more hit or if i could leave my hit at 14% instead of 15%.
It's definitely added to the total. Try putting your weapon on/off assuming it doesn't have hit.

I've been mucking with soloing content on my 484 ilvl shadow priest, too. Did all of Temple Ahn'Qiraj (sans the slime) this weekend which was amusing as I had never done the content before (never raided in the old days). Those fights must have been insane back then, not to mention the corpse runs, lord the corpse runs (didn't know to kill all the Anubasath before Twin Emps, and died once to the stomach mechanic on C'Thun). Molten Core was ridiculously easy, next up is Ruins of AQ and Blackwing Lair. I hear the latter can be a hard solo, will be disappointed if I have to recruit a friend. In a strictly utilitarian sense I did manage to get a grimoire drop in MC which I used to transmog my off-hand fan...

Hoplatee

I've been mucking with soloing content on my 484 ilvl shadow priest, too. Did all of Temple Ahn'Qiraj (sans the slime) this weekend which was amusing as I had never done the content before (never raided in the old days). Those fights must have been insane back then, not to mention the corpse runs, lord the corpse runs (didn't know to kill all the Anubasath before Twin Emps, and died once to the stomach mechanic on C'Thun). Molten Core was ridiculously easy, next up is Ruins of AQ and Blackwing Lair. I hear the latter can be a hard solo, will be disappointed if I have to recruit a friend. In a strictly utilitarian sense I did manage to get a grimoire drop in MC which I used to transmog my off-hand fan...

Yup, AQ40 corpse runs were great ;p It took a while before they added the teleport option so it was even more fun before that. The first few raids when not everyone had mounts in your raid team were also a bit terrible. Or people forgetting them all the time...

Fights were not that complicated apart from C'thun, Huhuran to some extent and some trash. It was very basic but back then it was amazing. C'thun beam was something many people feared but now you look at it and wonder how people ever got hit by it. It just moves so slow.

Fantastic instance overall. Just not Huhuran. There was very little joy in using level 40 Nature Res gear on that. Intense as healer though!

e) BWL isn't that bad to solo. Vael is just a little DPS check but you mention Ilvl 484 gear so that should not be a problem. You will die after the fight though because they didn't remove the mechanic that will kill people over time. And the room after Vael takes forever to walk through without a Rogue.

So I want to go after Ashes of Alar. Every thing I keep googling says you can't solo it but obviously Angry Grimace did. Can someone enlighten me?

Hoplatee

So I want to go after Ashes of Alar. Every thing I keep googling says you can't solo it but obviously Angry Grimace did. Can someone enlighten me?

Outdated. Can solo it. Heck, it is way better than bringing someone along because then you won't have to deal with Mind Control.

If you have a pet class then you probably should not use a pet since then he will use Mind Control again I believe. Any Hunter/Lock/DK /w/e might be able to confirm.

It just is... Well, slightly annoying if you are a class that can't use the staff to prevent him from stunning you every 30 seconds or so. But even that is no problem.

Void Reaver as a caster is 10 times harder to solo :p Still easy but that is to put things in perspective.

Ultratech

Outdated. Can solo it. Heck, it is way better than bringing someone along because then you won't have to deal with Mind Control.

If you have a pet class then you probably should not use a pet since then he will use Mind Control again I believe. Any Hunter/Lock/DK /w/e might be able to confirm.

It just is... Well, slightly annoying if you are a class that can't use the staff to prevent him from stunning you every 30 seconds or so. But even that is no problem.

Yeah, if you have anything that Kael can target for MC (Pets, Minions, etc.), you WILL get MC'd if you're in Line of Sight of him. (Hunters got around it in Cata by abusing LoS with the pillars, making the pet tank Kael.)

It's also a bit random too since he can still MC during the transition phase into the last part of the fight. (Had this happen in a few mount runs.)

I wonder how hard the T-Rex boss is.

The new world boss? I imagine very.

http://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=69161

Yup, AQ40 corpse runs were great ;p It took a while before they added the teleport option so it was even more fun before that.

Where is the teleport option? I'm probably going back, if for nothing else to do all the loot item quests for transmog sets (still need a bunch of scarabs).

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"

Void Reaver as a caster is 10 times harder to solo :p Still easy but that is to put things in perspective.

Even without using any of the weapons it shouldn't be any issues soloing Kael as long as you pick off the adds in the right order (have never used them personally).

Also you don't even have to kill the other bosses to kill Kael so I don't know why you're talking about Void Reaver as an obstacle. :p

Trickster

The new world boss? I imagine very.

http://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=69161

Aren't they making it so EVERYONE from the faction that has him tagged, will get loot as long as they've helped fight him?

So bassically, you're gonna have 100+ people fighting him each time he spawns. That combined with the fact you can corpserun if you die. Dude is gonna be free loot for everyone, especially on servers like mine that has like a 100 to 1 ratio of a certain faction.

Blizzard are turning outdoor bosses into loot pinatas for entire factions. Instead of a hard raid boss, with a pvp element, for a raid group.

Berordn

Aren't they making it so EVERYONE from the faction that has him tagged, will get loot as long as they've helped fight him?

So bassically, you're gonna have 100+ people fighting him each time he spawns. That combined with the fact you can corpserun if you die. Dude is gonna be free loot for everyone, especially on servers like mine that has like a 100 to 1 ratio of a certain faction.

Blizzard are turning outdoor bosses into loot pinatas for entire factions. Instead of a hard raid boss, with a pvp element, for a raid group.

Now imagine it on a server that isn't quite as populated and the factions are about even.

Tarazet

Not only that but it's long if your dps is shit, and having hit 90 my dps is shit and I'm still on top of the meters. :( I've ran into so many terrible people today. Using bloodlust right off the bat on the 3rd boss, no one interrupts ever.

What's really sad is being a fresh 90 tank and still topping the meters. Though that only happens if I don't have a Hunter pet taunting off me.. which is fucking always.

LogicStep

I started playing again yesterday and the game is surprisingly fun considering I've quit many times before.

I'm leveling my hunter, I hear they are really good in pvp? What about pve and soloing old content? How far could I go on my own in old content?

Hoplatee

Even without using any of the weapons it shouldn't be any issues soloing Kael as long as you pick off the adds in the right order (have never used them personally).

Also you don't even have to kill the other bosses to kill Kael so I don't know why you're talking about Void Reaver as an obstacle. :p

Oh I don't mean it like that. I just compared him to Void Reaver because as a caster he is 'harder' to kill than Kael. You can skip everything yes but I still kill him weekly for that little bit extra gold and items. He just is more annoying than Kael on my Moonkin :p

Where is the teleport option? I'm probably going back, if for nothing else to do all the loot item quests for transmog sets (still need a bunch of scarabs).

After first boss to the left. Where you collect the Tier items quest I think he is. Not many teleport options though. Twin Emps, C'thun room and something else I believe.

What's really sad is being a fresh 90 tank and still topping the meters. Though that only happens if I don't have a Hunter pet taunting off me.. which is fucking always.

Oh god this. Fucking this. All the damn time. I even had hunters tell me 'do more threat then' refusing to turn it off. Slightly annoying when the hunter itself is doing some crazy mad 16k DPS as well...

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Every class can solo Kael. Not every class will solo him the same way, however. A DK can solo Kael in Frost by doing basically nothing but tank and spank and making sure they put up Pillar of Frost on P3 before blowing Capernian up in two hits and everything else is trivial.

Monk can do something similar but you really want to place the advisors around the room in a manner that will let you kill Capernian before the other guys chain CC you. Xuen helps, but I often forgot to pop him.

Classes that can equip the Staff can easily down Capernian due to CC immunity plus the fact that they're mostly long range and just blow her up from a distance.

The reason I'm only mentioning Capernian is because Capernian is the only thing that can kill you and only on Phase 3 against all four advisors. Kael himself is toothless unless you mess up and get MC'd. Just put your pet away and hit him without it.

Cathcart

Before this weekend I hadn't played much since 5.1 came out but then I did a bunch of LFR and ended up with 3 or 4 upgrades including the sha touched staff for my warlock. Has anyone figured out which of these weapons are best for an affliction lock? Should I wait for the caster sword or is the staff just as good? I heard it's like 10k gold to get another 500 stat gem if you decide to switch weapons and that's kind of a lot for me.

Ultratech

Now imagine it on a server that isn't quite as populated and the factions are about even.

Imagine it on my server where you can't hardly find people to do Galleon. GALLEON!

That T-Rex will NEVER die by Horde hands. ;_;

(Maybe not by Alliance hands either...I honestly don't know.)

I'd hate to spend $25 on a server transfer, but that crap is ridiculous.

Imagine it on my server where you can't hardly find people to do Galleon. GALLEON!

That T-Rex will NEVER die by Horde hands. ;_;

(Maybe not by Alliance hands either...I honestly don't know.)

I'd hate to spend $25 on a server transfer, but that crap is ridiculous.
I've never seen galleon up. If they're going to approach a world boss and make it so anyone who tags can get loot, I think it would be interesting to require a significant amount of dps, so that you almost need 75-100 people on it or even more than that. But like you mention, it would not work for low pop servers.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Soloing Kael as a ret paladin was a bit tricky... i had to kill the 4 lieutenants on different spots of the room, going as far as completely in the back. Just so i could kill at least the 1st and maybe the 2nd one before the others could reach me. So all i had to deal with was 2 kind of ccs rather than 4 or 5 at once.

Ugh why the heck is there a valor cap that is less than the cost of any single item? Kind of annoying that you have to do rep grinds to be able to purchase gear and then it cost valor on top of that when getting valor takes way too long. I hate artificial boundaries.

Hoplatee

Do Kael first as a caster class, keep the staff and wear it during Void Reaver. Don't have to move as you're immune to silence. :)

I.. I... Sweet jesus. Why did I never even consider this. Haha.

Be right back, slapping myself.

Ugh why the heck is there a valor cap that is less than the cost of any single item? Kind of annoying that you have to do rep grinds to be able to purchase gear and then it cost valor on top of that when getting valor takes way too long. I hate artificial boundaries.

Yeah. Cap should be raised by 500 points. But I am sure then people would cry that are 'forced to farm more' so I doubt it will happen. Though I still am doing dailies and still get capped pretty easy but I guess it kind of sucks when you don't do dailies anymore. 5 points per quest is not much but it all adds up.

I've never seen galleon up.

I don't even know how the guy / mob / whatever it is looks like. Never seen any LFM for him. Only some trolls in trade mentioning it and then trade always explodes. Pretty funny to see.

Rokam

First LFR MSV run on my priest got a piece of loot from 5 of 6 bosses. RNG is my bitch. 3 coins used, but 3 pieces came from no extra roll. No sigils though.

I tried
and failed
to solo kael'thas earlier. I can get to the 4th phase and I've got the staff equipped, but I was still getting stunned a lot. How does the on-use work? I thought I was doing it, but maybe not.

First LFR MSV run on my priest got a piece of loot from 5 of 6 bosses. RNG is my bitch. 3 coins used, but 3 pieces came from no extra roll. No sigils though.
We're going to feed you to lions.

Void Reaver is easy as pie.

Dot and run around like an idiot.

Is he still immune to bleeds/poisons?

Yeah. Cap should be raised by 500 points. But I am sure then people would cry that are 'forced to farm more' so I doubt it will happen. Though I still am doing dailies and still get capped pretty easy but I guess it kind of sucks when you don't do dailies anymore. 5 points per quest is not much but it all adds up.

If the cap were raised above the total required to buy an item folks would complain about longer LFR queues because fewer people were interested in 483 gear, and folks would whine about rapidly replacing hard-won drops with something they could purchase from the shieldwall/dominance vendors. I prefer the cap where it is as it minimizes the time required to finish with dailies/heroics in the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom