• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoplatee

I tried
and failed
to solo kael'thas earlier. I can get to the 4th phase and I've got the staff equipped, but I was still getting stunned a lot. How does the on-use work? I thought I was doing it, but maybe not.

We're going to feed you to lions.

Use once, keep it equipped at all times. Removing the staff also removes the buff. Don't know if you did that maybe? It should give you a 15 minute buff which was the 'enrage timer' back in TBC.

Don't think you should be stunned from anything with the staff equipped and buff up. Make sure you kill the caster fast. Then I always grab the chasing one since his knockbacks are annoying and then just pick whatever you want. The fearing guy is probably the best. Engineer does nothing that you should be scared of with the staff. On my Warrior I ignore every weapon (useless to use) and just let them chain stun, fear, cockblock me all the time. It is hilarious but with Second Wind even 1000 adds would not kill you.

It is the hardest phase in the fight and depending on how / where adds died it can be chaotic so just keep trying. Once you get it done it is easy. Just remember to not hug him for 5 seconds or so after he throws you into the air and back to the ground again. Will reduce your max hp. :p

If the cap were raised above the total required to buy an item folks would complain about longer LFR queues because fewer people were interested in 483 gear

I don't think that would happen. It still is the fastest way to epics and people will always, always, always take the easy route which is LFR at this moment (.. if you win) so I don't think it would change queues that much. Can't disagree with your other points though but to me those extra 500 points would not be a problem to get but I can imagine it would be for many.

First LFR MSV run on my priest got a piece of loot from 5 of 6 bosses. RNG is my bitch. 3 coins used, but 3 pieces came from no extra roll. No sigils though.

Lucky bastard!

Use once, keep it equipped at all times. Removing the staff also removes the buff. Don't know if you did that maybe? It should give you a 15 minute buff which was the 'enrage timer' back in TBC.

Don't think you should be stunned from anything with the staff equipped and buff up. Make sure you kill the caster fast. Then I always grab the chasing one since his knockbacks are annoying and then just pick whatever you want. The fearing guy is probably the best. Engineer does nothing that you should be scared of with the staff. On my Warrior I ignore every weapon (useless to use) and just let them chain stun, fear, cockblock me all the time. It is hilarious but with Second Wind even 1000 adds would not kill you.

It is the hardest phase in the fight and depending on how / where adds died it can be chaotic so just keep trying. Once you get it done it is easy. Just remember to not hug him for 5 seconds or so after he throws you into the air and back to the ground again. Will reduce your max hp. :p

I don't think that would happen. It still is the fastest way to epics and people will always, always, always take the easy route which is LFR at this moment (.. if you win). Can't disagree with your other points though but to me those extra 500 points would not be a problem to get but I can imagine it would be for many.

Yeah, I'm not sure what I did before that was getting me killed. I went back again and this time i was able to down him. No mount, but now i'll probably be going back each week to do it again.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Soloing Kael as a ret paladin was a bit tricky... i had to kill the 4 lieutenants on different spots of the room, going as far as completely in the back. Just so i could kill at least the 1st and maybe the 2nd one before the others could reach me. So all i had to deal with was 2 kind of ccs rather than 4 or 5 at once.

I solo'd him a few weeks ago. My gear was really crappy so I ran out of the room when the encounter was started. I spread the adds out along the long hallway so I could just kill them one by one when they got resurrected. Very easy.

Now that my gear is better I could probably do it by spreading them out in the main room.

Hoplatee

And while I bitched about dailies before I have to say the Aug Cel dailies are quite fun. Still a grind but a fun grind which goes pretty fast with such few quests which makes it okay. Really enjoying those.

I reached Shado-Pan Revered as well now so it is only Aug Cel left. I am glad it is pretty much over, got enough coins for a few weeks and by that time 5.2 will probably arrive.

Druids in general have it easy with dailies but Druids @ Shado-Pan dailies is just madness. One section takes me around 20 min to do Warrior, Druid just does it in 5 min. Shado-Pan turned out to be okay as long as you didn't bring any retarded companions with you.

Decided to go all the way with Shield Wall because that storyline seems pretty cool so far and want to see how it ends. And I have a feeling that rep will be important at some point in the game so better have that at max.

Don't have any intentions to grind exalted with the other factions since I do not care about mounts, pets or the other vanity stuff they give.

Only ones I didn't bother with were Anglers, Lorewalkers (wut?) and something I forgot.

Now to get into raids. Which is impossible. Maybe it is time to join a guild but I don't really want to do that. :(

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I solo'd him a few weeks ago. My gear was really crappy so I ran out of the room when the encounter was started. I spread the adds out along the long hallway so I could just kill them one by one when they got resurrected. Very easy.

Now that my gear is better I could probably do it by spreading them out in the main room.

I tried going out of the main room, but you just get locked out thanks to the barriers.

And while I bitched about dailies before I have to say the Aug Cel dailies are quite fun. Still a grind but a fun grind which goes pretty fast with such few quests which makes it okay. Really enjoying those.

The Niuzao dailies can bite me. So tedious and uninspired, and the designed way to use Niuzao to kill mobs is dangerous and inefficient. The others are fine but it's frustrating to get no money/cloth/anything drops from Chi-Ji dailies.

So, anyone else confused with how they're handling the legendary questline and Sha Touched weapons?

The PVP requirements are enraging. At least for Alliance. Horde doesn't seem to have any trouble winning at Silvershard Mines in my battlegroup.

Berordn

So, anyone else confused with how they're handling the legendary questline and Sha Touched weapons?

The idea seems to be that just participating in the content will guarantee you the legendary.

But you have to participate in all the content.

I'd seriously prefer the old role specific stuff.

So I killed a rare today and got the golden fleece trinket. It's supposed to have a chance when killing mobs to award extra gold. Makes the sound of money coins dropping when it goes off, but i couldnt figure out why i wasn't gaining any gold. Turns out all this time it makes a pile on the ground that you have to loot... gah!!!!!! I think i probably passed up a couple hundred gold today cuz i didn't realize that. Still, it's a fun trinket to run around with when questing.

I tried going out of the main room, but you just get locked out thanks to the barriers.
you need to go out of the room as soon as you activate his little speel. I don't think the barriers go up until the first add comes at you.

I guess I should be more specific.

I mean, in how there doesn't appear to be another upgrade to them in 5.2, and instead you get some headgear enchant or whatever it's supposed to be.

I figured this one was going to be another upgrade, probably a straight item level increase so it's still competitive. I don't know what the stuff in the new raid is going to be, but they mentioned that there's going to be raid worthy crafted stuff in 5.2, so if those are higher than ilevel 496, well...

It just seems weird to spend so much time getting a weapon and upgrading it only to bank it for 5.2. I'm presuming quite a bit since we don't know what the new item level is going to be, but even still...

Berordn

I guess I should be more specific.

I mean, in how there doesn't appear to be another upgrade to them in 5.2, and instead you get some headgear enchant or whatever it's supposed to be.

I figured this one was going to be another upgrade, probably a straight item level increase so it's still competitive. I don't know what the stuff in the new raid is going to be, but they mentioned that there's going to be raid worthy crafted stuff in 5.2, so if those are higher than ilevel 496, well...

It just seems weird to spend so much time getting a weapon and upgrading it only to bank it for 5.2. I'm presuming quite a bit since we don't know what the new item level is going to be, but even still...

We're still not even sure how the head enchant's supposed to work. For all we know it might form a 2pc set with the weapon.

We're still not even sure how the head enchant's supposed to work. For all we know it might form a 2pc set with the weapon.

I know, I know. I'm presuming a lot.

Mostly, it's because based on the information we have (which is basically none), it's ruining my almost 100% speculation record on this expansion so far. :x

I just don't want to bank my weapon, even my shitty LFR one. It's taken a lot of time and effort to get this thing going, and I haven't even finished "A Test of Valor"yet.

strafer

GreenFireQuestline.png

Westlo

looks like I was spot on about blizzards intentions for item leveling shit, it's going to be a feature they only patch in on nonraid patches.

Blizzard said:
Even Ethereals need a vacation, and the item upgraders (Voidbinders), are no exception. They’re saying they need to go home to take care of business arrangements, but … I’m not convinced. I think they’re just homesick for their ‘space mummy’ families.

Ok ok, fourth wall broken, we’re actually just temporarily removing them from the game for 5.2 due to the new raid tier. The idea with the item upgrade system is that it’s a way to spend currency on upgrading items when buying new items isn’t the clear path. Either you’ve bought everything, or at least most of them, and then spend currency to get that extra *oomph*. With a new raid tier coming, we don’t want to create a trap where people are wondering what’s more lucrative: spend currency on new items, or on the new gear appearing on vendors? (Hint: It’s the new gear on vendors.) To help ensure we’re not indirectly encouraging anyone to spend their currency somewhere they probably shouldn’t, the item upgraders will be taking a break.

Right now we’re planning for them to return in 5.3, which will not have a raid tier, and offer upgrades again as people will have likely have some currency to burn. We’re not sure yet if we’ll continue this cycle of having them take a break for raid patches and then come back in non-raid patches, but we’ll continue evaluating as we go, absorb feedback, and let you know how these plans evolve.

Ultratech

I reached Shado-Pan Revered as well now so it is only Aug Cel left. I am glad it is pretty much over, got enough coins for a few weeks and by that time 5.2 will probably arrive.

Druids in general have it easy with dailies but Druids @ Shado-Pan dailies is just madness. One section takes me around 20 min to do Warrior, Druid just does it in 5 min. Shado-Pan turned out to be okay as long as you didn't bring any retarded companions with you.

Decided to go all the way with Shield Wall because that storyline seems pretty cool so far and want to see how it ends. And I have a feeling that rep will be important at some point in the game so better have that at max.

Don't have any intentions to grind exalted with the other factions since I do not care about mounts, pets or the other vanity stuff they give.

Only ones I didn't bother with were Anglers, Lorewalkers (wut?) and something I forgot.

Now to get into raids. Which is impossible. Maybe it is time to join a guild but I don't really want to do that. :(

Anglers isn't too bad since it's only like 3 dailies per day, and they give good rep (like ~500? per quest) along with raising your Fishing skill. They're also typically pretty easy unless you gotta go fish for X amount of fish (I skip those ones, they take too long.).

Lorewalkers you can get done in literally a few hours; use a guide and find all the scrolls and listen to all the lore stuff. Then you can get your spiffy disc mount.

They said it wasn't even a head enchant, so I have no idea what they've got planned.

So, with helm enchants coming back in 5.2, can we get all the premop helm enchants that were removed back?
I think you are jumping to conclusions about the mechanic. Check it out in game first. (Source)

do you see a problem where only pvpers that pve will have this "legendary" head enchant? idc either way, jw.
Players are reading way too much into that patch note. It's not even a head enchant! (Source)

McNei1y

Tonight, my guild is attempting Heroic Will. We're planning on using our lock from last week so we can get in many attempts this week. The fight doesn't seem that hard... but then again I've never experienced it yet. Anyone have any review on the fight?

LadyRiven

I don't suppose that anyone can help me to acquire a Darkmoon Rabbit?

I don't think anyone from my server got one this month. I'm basically just sitting on all my gold waiting for another one to show up on the AH. The last one showed up over 1 month ago for 80k.

I can trade a handful of other pets for one if you're on another server, but if you have a toon on Silver Hand and you want gold there I will buy it straight up. I'm getting pretty frustrated that they seem to show up for sale a lot on other servers for ~60k, but I really don't have any way of buying them unless I create an alt and sell pets and hope I get enough gold in time to buy it.

Until I read the post below this I didn't even realize there were PVP related bits, that should be interesting. I've got my gem and am on the VP part of the whole questline, gonna take a while. Do the weapons just drop whenever from the raids? My ilvl 483 dagger is nice and all but a priest should have a staff...

I don't suppose that anyone can help me to acquire a Darkmoon Rabbit?

I don't think anyone from my server got one this month. I'm basically just sitting on all my gold waiting for another one to show up on the AH. The last one showed up over 1 month ago for 80k.

I can trade a handful of other pets for one if you're on another server, but if you have a toon on Silver Hand and you want gold there I will buy it straight up. I'm getting pretty frustrated that they seem to show up for sale a lot on other servers for ~60k, but I really don't have any way of buying them unless I create an alt and sell pets and hope I get enough gold in time to buy it.

There was one up on my server last night... the one I lost the roll for. *crying* They have it at 95k/100K BO though. And they have not budged on that price since Thursday.

I have like 15K. :/

So what's the point of the weekly valor cap each week? I really don't understand it at all. Most people don't have all the time in the world to play the game (like me). So when I can play I like to do some serious catching up on quests/gear/whatever. The valor cap is just busting my balls. I really don't know why they tied rep gear and valor gear together. It's just double frustration. Not fun when you are doing dailies and missing out on valor because blizzard thinks you've done too much. That is pure horse crap. I think both rep and valor points for gear need to be mutually exclusive.

I also don't like the excuse that people will feel the need to do everything. That's dumb. If anything, MoP has far more to do than any previous expansion ever did. No need to try and extend the life of the expansion with cheap boundaries. People need to exert some discipline, will power, whatever you want to call it, and manage their in-game time better if they are gonna burn out. And normally blizzard doesn't cater to the minority, but in this case, it feels like they are. It's only a fraction of the player base that even has the time to do everything. Bottom line, though, who cares how people spend their time playing the game? I just hate these artificial limitations in place because of some small minority of population that have to do everything. Makes me feel like the casual player is being bent over.

Okay, rant over. I'm done crying, lol.

Tarazet

So what's the point of the weekly valor cap each week? I really don't understand it at all. Most people don't have all the time in the world to play the game (like me). So when I can play I like to do some serious catching up on quests/gear/whatever. The valor cap is just busting my balls. I really don't know why they tied rep gear and valor gear together. It's just double frustration. Not fun when you are doing dailies and missing out on valor because blizzard thinks you've done too much. That is pure horse crap. I think both rep and valor points for gear need to be mutually exclusive.

I also don't like the excuse that people will feel the need to do everything. That's dumb. If anything, MoP has far more to do than any previous expansion ever did. No need to try and extend the life of the expansion with cheap boundaries. People need to exert some discipline, will power, whatever you want to call it, and manage their in-game time better if they are gonna burn out. And normally blizzard doesn't cater to the minority, but in this case, it feels like they are. It's only a fraction of the player base that even has the time to do everything. Bottom line, though, who cares how people spend their time playing the game? I just hate these artificial limitations in place because of some small minority of population that have to do everything. Makes me feel like the casual player is being bent over.

Okay, rant over. I'm done crying, lol.

It's easy to cap on valor, and then it's even easier to cap multiple characters. The system as it is highly promotes 90s alting.

It's easy to cap on valor, and then it's even easier to cap multiple characters. The system as it is highly promotes 90s alting.
Yeah, it does promote leveling alts, but in the end all your characters still get stuck at the cap, taking two weeks to purchase a single piece of rep gear. That's my frustration. A better system would have the time it takes to acquire valor points and the cap match up better with your rep progression. Instead, it fragments everything.

Nekofrog

Banned
I just started playing WOW when MoP launched, and played very little of the Warcraft series before it.

Is there a good link to get "caught up" on the lore/storyline without being bogged down by a myriad of details and side-stories? A meat and potatoes sort of thing.

So Justice Points are worthless once you get past ilvl 458 other than item upgrades...is this correct?

You can convert them to honor points/spend them on transmog gear or old crafting materials, but apart from that yes they're worthless.

I would not be surprised to see a new NPC that sells Pandaria crafting mats show up around 5.3 so players have a way to dump excess JP.

Ultratech

I just started playing WOW when MoP launched, and played very little of the Warcraft series before it.

Is there a good link to get "caught up" on the lore/storyline without being bogged down by a myriad of details and side-stories? A meat and potatoes sort of thing.

This covers a basis of what happened in the previous games and expansions, though there's honestly a TON of stuff that isn't fully elaborated on, but it still gives you a good overview of things.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/the-story-of-warcraft/chapter1

CassSept

Soloing Kael as a ret paladin was a bit tricky... i had to kill the 4 lieutenants on different spots of the room, going as far as completely in the back. Just so i could kill at least the 1st and maybe the 2nd one before the others could reach me. So all i had to deal with was 2 kind of ccs rather than 4 or 5 at once.

Heh, that's what I'm doing as a rogue. It was a bit tricky as they just kept me in stunlock and then slowly grinding me down.

I just kite the first two adds to the opposite corners behind the entrance to the room and I los the engineer behind the column to the left of Kael so I have few seconds more before getting first toy. As soon as the third phase starts I burn all my cooldowns on Capernian as she is by far the worst (knocbacks with slowdown and conflag puts you out of fight for TEN SECONDS, after that fear and bad luck with toy can put you out of fight indefinitely), then dispatch engineer to not get a second toy by an accident, Sanguinar third and kite the first add until remote toy drops. After that it's easy.

Placement of adds and the beginning of third phase are crucial, besides that it's easy. Still, even at 90 the fight takes seven bloody minutes.

This covers a basis of what happened in the previous games and expansions, though there's honestly a TON of stuff that isn't fully elaborated on, but it still gives you a good overview of things.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/the-story-of-warcraft/chapter1

After that you can just jump on wowpedia and perhaps say goodbye to a day or two.

Hoplatee

Is there some some addon that makes your achievement screen less messed up? You can't search, the sorting is all kinds of bad and so on.

e) and Auctioneer still the addon to use for AH stuff?

Tamanon

Banned
About to finally hit 90 on a character. After missing almost all of Cataclysm's endgame, it'll be good to get in there. Already doing my first Klaxxi dailies at 89 lol.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
You can convert them to honor points/spend them on transmog gear or old crafting materials, but apart from that yes they're worthless.

I would not be surprised to see a new NPC that sells Pandaria crafting mats show up around 5.3 so players have a way to dump excess JP.

lol

LadyRiven

Is there some some addon that makes your achievement screen less messed up? You can't search, the sorting is all kinds of bad and so on.

e) and Auctioneer still the addon to use for AH stuff?

Auctioneer, Auctionator and TradeSkill Master are all still go-to addons for AH stuff. Personally, I use Auctionator the most.

Hoplatee

Just got pulled into a final boss run on MV and then they activate before I get there so I either need to sit there doing nothing through the entire fight or drop and pay the 30 minute LFR penalty. Pretty tupping pissed to be wasting time. Not surprised it's Stormrage guys running the group.

ZenaxPure

Why is everyone suddenly getting these raid mounts I've been farming for years.

If it makes you feel any worse last tuesday I did my weekly onyxia run, got the drake, then flew over to pinnacle and got the blue proto drake as well. All in under an hour

Though like you I've been farming them forever at this point so not like it's "sudden" for me

Up to 168 mounts total, excited to already be past 200 when the achievement finally comes in like I was for the 150.

Audioboxer

Levelling a Monk as I just got the expansion recently. Was about to try tanking DM at lvl 15 but server went down.

For the next 10 levels or so what is my rotation suppose to be like? Panda tanking seems different, hence the reason I want to try it.

Tamanon

Banned
Audίoboxer;46492497 said:
Levelling a Monk as I just got the expansion recently. Was about to try tanking DM at lvl 15 but server went down.

For the next 10 levels or so what is my rotation suppose to be like? Panda tanking seems different, hence the reason I want to try it.

To start with, it's Keg Smash, BlackOut Kick and Jab to build chi. Definitely get in the habit of Blackout Kick as in a little bit it'll be a central part of your avoidance.

Audioboxer

To start with, it's Keg Smash, BlackOut Kick and Jab to build chi. Definitely get in the habit of Blackout Kick as in a little bit it'll be a central part of your avoidance.

Thanks.

It confused me a little as Dizzying Haze seems to be part of Keg Smash but also it's own ability. I now know though that it's also it's own ability for group pulling, that's what I gather anyway.

Rokam

So 9 normal loot rolls on LFR Sha of Anger, and 17 Bonus rolls. Still no 2H :(. I'm really starting to hate doing Terrace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom