• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

crpav

God damn. 459. Need a ring from Horseman but the dick won't drop the one I want.

Edit: Got it. Character page says I have 460, raid finder interface says I have 459. FFFFUUUUU

Just as bad is a hunter needing and winning the dps str/stam ring in my first run this morning. Worse is the others congratulating him. "congrats hunter"....I have a few other words to say to said hunter.

Ultratech

It's a sign that mounts are retardedly stupid as a druid, and that they need to become instant cast for us to give any shits :3

Speaking of, why doesn't Travel Form get the speed increase from Riding?

Sucks being stuck at 40% when you get up to 100% on land with Mounts.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Definitely a hunters weapon.

Speaking of, why doesn't Travel Form get the speed increase from Riding?

Sucks being stuck at 40% when you get up to 100% on land with Mounts.

Instant Cast. Would be ridiculously OP. Flight Form is already pretty-game breaking in some regards, but instant-cast mounted speed in BGs would just be bad. Note that you can carry flags in travel form.

Robin64

Seems the character page rounds up while the LFR interface rounds down. You'll have to improve one bit of gear. Tried a ring from HH?

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
"Aspect of the Fox has been removed."

Wow, 5.1 is looking like a nice patch for Hunters.

Ultratech

Instant Cast. Would be ridiculously OP. Flight Form is already pretty-game breaking in some regards, but instant-cast mounted speed in BGs would just be bad. Note that you can carry flags in travel form.

If what I'm reading is correct, you can already do that.

Travel Form (40%) +Minor Speed Increase + Feline Swiftness = 74%
Add in the S11 4pc Bonus (+15% Movement Speed) and you apparently get 100%.
Then you get Stampeding Roar which stacks on top of that (~196% with everything above; ~158% not counting PvP set bonus).

Berordn

"Aspect of the Fox has been removed."

Wow, 5.1 is looking like I had patch for Hunters.

Considering the debacle they had with aspects on the GCD, this was more or less inevitable. The scary part is how many of their shots can be cast on the move baseline now.

Robin64

First boss of Mogu'shan down! No idea what I was doing, everyone just AoEd, so I did too. No loot, no loot from bonus roll.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I just made it clear to my guild that I just wanted to casually play from now on, and demoted myself from co-GM to raider. No more stress involving recruitment, no more guild bank sorting, no more having to inevitably find mats for feasts and flasks every week, none of that.

Feels good man.

Lucis

I just made it clear to my guild that I just wanted to casually play from now on, and demoted myself from co-GM to raider. No more stress involving recruitment, no more guild bank sorting, no more having to inevitably find mats for feasts and flasks every week, none of that.

Feels good man.

LOL
from 3x hour camping galleon to this

this is a good case of burnout

strafer

Feels good man.

650.gif

Yoshichan

LOL
from 3x hour camping galleon to this

this is a good case of burnout
Nah, I still do lots of stuff in-game - I just don't want to participate behind the scenes because there just isn't enough time for it. Also, my extremely, down-right awful guild doesn't deserve even half my attention that I've been giving them throughout these past couple of months. They're casual, I'm somewhat hardcore. I'm merely downgrading myself to their level.

*Brb, taking pictures of myself and posting them on Facebook for three hours consecutively instead of actually doing something progressive in-game*

Garryk

Feels good man.
So will you actually be playing less, or just playing without accountability?

EDIT: Answered ^

Robin64

Second boss down! Not sure what happened there either. No loot from boss or roll, again.

Oh, not quite no loot, I got a Sigil of Power.

Lucis

Second boss down! Not sure what happened there either. No loot from boss or roll, again.

Oh, not quite no loot, I got a Sigil of Power.

Not getting anything is pretty normal.

Back in DS, you can go on 2-3 weeks of LFR with out getting anything either. I already think the current system is a lot more "loot giving" even with my bad luck (compared to a lot other people here)

Tarazet

They aren't doing the same DPS as Mages and Locks? /sarcasm

I've done two LFR's now. Top DPS in one of them was a Balance Druid. The other one, it was a Survival Hunter (closely followed by.. a Balance Druid). These specs are both near the bottom on sims. That's the thing about sims though, they don't tell the whole story...

Robin64

Third boss down, bonus roll used again.. Nothing. ;)

I wonder what the real mechanics of that last fight are. It mentioned crossing over, but nobody did, we just tank and spanked it.

Lucis said:
Not getting anything is pretty normal.

Oh, I didn't mean I wasn't sure I got no loot, I meant I have no idea what the mechanics were, but we did it anyway. Something about running away when you get tagged? I don't bloody know.

Yoshichan

Does LFR give you loot for the role that you sign up with, or is it the active spec that you kill the boss with?

Berordn

I wonder what the real mechanics of that last fight are. It mentioned crossing over, but nobody did, we just tank and spanked it.

The tank swap revolves around sending the current tank and his nearest allies to a spirit realm. When they're in there they have to kill a lot of stuff to keep the constant raid damage down. In LFR they barely do damage to begin with, and anyone can go in freely, so it's mostly just about keeping a tank on the boss at all times.

Lucis

Oh, I didn't mean I wasn't sure I got no loot, I meant I have no idea what the mechanics were, but we did it anyway. Something about running away when you get tagged? I don't bloody know.

someone prob crossed over, the amount of adds that stack up even in LFR is not very forgiving to heal through if no one went in to clear it up. you probably just didn't realize it

Yoshichan

Chances are, at least someone went inside and killed a couple of spirits.

Ultratech

Does LFR give you loot for the role that you sign up with, or is it the active spec that you kill the boss with?

LFR is based off Role primarily, then checks Spec if necessary. World Bosses are based off Spec.

Role AND spec i'd assume, coz I don't want enhancement shit when I'm elemental lol

Well, that's why I mentioned it checks Spec in case of Druids or Shamans for example. But you can't queue as DPS, switch to a Tank spec, and expect to get Tank gear.

Finally got exalted with all the tiller family.

Christ that was pain... but at least I have a pig/cats/chickens/POND/ and big fucking tree that nobody can see.

feels bad man :(

Tarazet

I'm starting to get the hang of feral. Half the challenge is actually knowing when not to press your buttons so you can bank energy for your cooldowns. It takes 10 seconds to go from empty to full, that's a long time to sit there and wait and it can be painful but it's worth it when you get dat burst.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
They aren't doing the same DPS as Mages and Locks? /sarcasm

I've never gone below No. 1 on any meter since MOP launched (2H Frost DK) other than certain AoE gimmicks, although to be fair Frost has its own completely overpowered AoE gimmick.

someone prob crossed over, the amount of adds that stack up even in LFR is not very forgiving to heal through if no one went in to clear it up. you probably just didn't realize it

In LFR I don't think you die in the spirit realm, so if you just randomly went in there you could just continue to mindlessly DPS

Evlar

Banned
Shamans are pretty bad at pvp.

If I were to make a pvp character, what should I make?
Not sure about current PvP, since MoP changed everything again and I don't have a character at 90. Much will depend on your play style, most particularly ranged or melee preference. Mages, rogues, and DKs are always strong because of their variety of gameplay options and decent PvP crowd control, which is MUCH more important in PvP than most PvE situations.

I'm almost always playing as a PvP healer, which is a largely thankless task but also one of the most technically challenging roles you can tackle in WoW.

Core Zero

Shamans are pretty bad at pvp.

If I were to make a pvp character, what should I make?

I would say play what you like. Over the long term, there's so many ups and downs with most classes, that counting on being OP for a long time will just lead to getting screwed down the road. For example, in Cata, Resto Druids were awful in arena, and now, they're the top PvP healer.

It also depends on what sort of PvP you want to do. In any PvP, rogues and mages tend to always be good just due to the toolkits they have, but there's plenty of options depending on what comp you can get together.

In BGs, any healer is generally good, just because there's few enough that you do a lot to carry a team on your own. Warriors are good flag carriers, but any tank can do it except at higher level rated BGs.

But play what you like, I rolled a Resto Shaman in Cata, and despite how good they were supposed to be, I hated it and stuck to my Druid. That said, I'm not any high rated player, I just enjoy PvP, so take the appropriate grain of salt.

Well, herbalism gives you a self-heal with a haste buff and Skinning gives you crit. Just means you'll be shelling out some gold for PvP armor.

Yeah, but secondary stats vs primary stats, also vs blacksmith's ability to get pvp power.

Losing out on crafting bonuses is big.

Herbalism is a great profession for levelling. From 80-90 you never have to carry food.
The self-heal is awful and the haste is meh at level 90 though.

Tarazet

Yeah, but secondary stats vs primary stats, also vs blacksmith's ability to get pvp power.

Losing out on crafting bonuses is big.

I see. The only unique thing I get as a LW is bracer enchants, and they're main stat so not specifically PvP oriented. It's a little alien to me that someone would need to roll a specific skill just to PvP. Don't get me wrong, I still have my 450 agi leather which would at least give me a leg up getting started, but I doubt I would need to spend more than 2000g to buy the same pieces off of the AH, then 3000 more for a leg enchant and bracer enchant, and then it would be almost the same as if I was a dual gatherer.

Fjordson

Just don't stand there like a turret and you'll be fine. I swear I'm cracking our hunter's head up if he just stands over an amethyst pool piling millions of dmg taken again tonight.
Haha, yeah I'm pretty good as far as paying attention to mechanics and not standing in fire or whatever each boss's equivalent is. Just need to get used to the class more (and get some gear) before my DPS can improve.

The last time I was seriously into my hunter we had bloody mana instead of focus, so it's been a while!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom