• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarazet

I had to try something different. I was on the point of burnout because things had gotten too easy. Rolled a Pandaren Frost Mage and I'm leveling him with the following limitations:

1) No heirlooms
2) No auction house
3) No dungeons
4) You start an area, you finish it

The Panda starting area was actually a decent challenge running in white gear, and I really had to be careful questing in Azshara. First time in a while I've used CC while running out in the world.

Berordn

Heh, got an epic in a scenario. Best new content to be honest, instant queues, somewhat good rewards finally and the newer ones are fun.

I like them all except Theramore, honestly. The rest of them are pretty decent replacements for group quests, but they really ought to not just be at 90.

Tamanon

Banned
I'm actually a bit surprised at the effort level required for Heroics. I haven't done endgame stuff since Wrath of the Lich King, and these heroics are basically the same. Nothing super hard, just situational awareness.

Rokam

I love holidays, all the little kiddies ganking lowbies in low end zones. Have to put leveling on hold till after midnight. Shit is ridiculous, 4 90's patrolling Badlands.

I had to try something different. I was on the point of burnout because things had gotten too easy. Rolled a Pandaren Frost Mage and I'm leveling him with the following limitations:

1) No heirlooms
2) No auction house
3) No dungeons

The Panda starting area was actually a decent challenge running in white gear, and I really had to be careful questing in Azshara. First time in a while I've used CC while running out in the world.

No dungeons? Torture. :p

You going without a level 25 guild (or guild at all) too?

It definitely is a different experience leveling up without assistance, though I still did dungeons when I was going at it on Area 52 fresh.

Best casting animation in the game.

Not even close. Undead males has this on lockdown. Nothing comes close. That's what I love about Scholomance, it lets me enjoy the coolest animations the game has to offer for a few hours after every run.

I'm actually a bit surprised at the effort level required for Heroics. I haven't done endgame stuff since Wrath of the Lich King, and these heroics are basically the same. Nothing super hard, just situational awareness.

You skipped the expansion with the hard hc's. Running heroics the first few weeks of Cata was a pleasure.

No dungeons? Torture. :p

One thing is the sub par exp, but another issue is the ganking he's gonna put himself through. 5$ says he gives up.

I'm so disenchanted with the way rep and valor have been combined. I'm sitting at 1750 valor points, which is enough for a single piece of gear. I've hit honored with Shieldwall, Klaxxi, and Golden Lotus, but because I'm basically looking at only being able to purchase one piece of gear per week or less, now I have to really think about which piece to upgrade. It's really kind of shitty and pisses me off knowing that LFR and new content has made all my rep upgrades obsolete before I've even had the chance to get many of them. What's my motivation to hit revered or exalted? So that I can have like 10 pieces of gear that I have no way of purchasing? Sounds terrific...

If I'm doing dailies for no other reason than to do dailies, then I'm obviously playing the game for more than just gear. So why is gear the thing blizzard is using as a way to keep people playing the game? The whole thing is stupid. There's no reason to even try for rep gear. And the excuse that people will run out of things to do is even more ridiculous given that we're not in Cata anymore. MoP is so different from Cata it's silly. Bleah.

1) No heirlooms
2) No auction house
3) No dungeons

I'm currently doing #3 and #4 on your list. I'm more interested in doing the zones (in Kal and EK) I didn't cover on my main so I can get Loremaster.

RPGCrazied

My monk is almost 83! My god leveling is so fast. Though I do use heirloom gear. :p I hope the next xpac has no new races, I really can't stomach going through outland/northrend/cata zones again.

Berordn

My monk is almost 83! My god leveling is so fast. Though I do use heirloom gear. :p I hope the next xpac has no new races, I really can't stomach going through outland/northrend/cata zones again.

I have a feeling we'll see a revamp come to Outland to at least help the flow, even if it's not a true overhaul like we got in Cata.

You can probably put money on seeing Demon Hunters though.

I've been lvling my WW monk (currently lvl 53) doing nothing but dungeons for about the last 10 levels. I REALLY hate questing in certain areas of the game e.g. badlands, seering gorge etc and just rather skip them entirely.

Bizazedo

I'm so disenchanted with the way rep and valor have been combined. I'm sitting at 1750 valor points, which is enough for a single piece of gear. I've hit honored with Shieldwall, Klaxxi, and Golden Lotus, but because I'm basically looking at only being able to purchase one piece of gear per week or less, now I have to really think about which piece to upgrade. It's really kind of shitty and pisses me off knowing that LFR and new content has made all my rep upgrades obsolete before I've even had the chance to get many of them. What's my motivation to hit revered or exalted? So that I can have like 10 pieces of gear that I have no way of purchasing? Sounds terrific...

I don't understand. I mean, I know people hate grinds, but that's not what you're complaining about here. It seems like you're complaining about too many options..?

Not everyone does LFR and all the new content immediately. Or, like Robin64, has such horrendous luck that those other options are necessary even if they do.

McNei1y

I hate that moment when you have to leave raids because of prior engagements and people don't understand why. I had an unscheduled, fast run of Terrace last night that I decided last moment I'd tag along since they needed another dps but I let them know I had to go at a certain time. The night started out horribly because we started 30 minutes late when one of the guys didn't show up so we had to grab a third pug. It took us 6 attempts total to clear council and tsu'long so that was about another 30+ minutes down the drain. We attempted Lei'shi and wiped when one of our pug DPS d/ced and another pug died on the "get away" mechanic. I told everyone I had to leave but then everyone started freaking out at me as if I was the problem. I'm sure that the raid failed after I left but not my problem. I stayed 30 minutes later than I was planning to.

I don't understand. I mean, I know people hate grinds, but that's not what you're complaining about here. It seems like you're complaining about too many options..?

Not everyone does LFR and all the new content immediately. Or, like Robin64, has such horrendous luck that those other options are necessary even if they do.
I unlock a bunch of new gear options with rep. But what's the point if it's going to take me 3 months of farming valor (because of a pointless weekly valor) to purchase it all. And if in that same 3 months, I'm slowly getting LFR gear. What the flip was I grinding rep and valor for? I'm not given a choice on how to gain rep. I'm not allowed to earn more than 1000 valor a week. If I'm willing to do the grind for a lot of rep or valor, I shouldn't be stopped by blizzard. I want other options for gaining rep outside of 3-4 dailies a day for each faction (more unlock as you progress of course). I also want to be able to purchase the rep gear rewards for weeks of grinding rep i just did, and not be cock blocked by valor caps. I brought up the different factions to point out that I just did a bunch of rep grinding and cant even do anything with it because of the valor cap. That's all. To some that's not a big deal, but it would be nice. I hate that there are probably 6 pieces of rep gear right now (sitting at honored with 3 factions) and I see no way of earning the valor to purchase them all. And I'd like to. It's fun to spend valor points on stuff. The system of rep and the cost of rep gear should compliment each other, but they're way off. It leads to disillusionment of the whole system.

Bizazedo

I unlock a bunch of new gear options with rep. But what's the point if it's going to take me 3 months of farming valor (because of a pointless weekly valor) to purchase it all. And if in that same 3 months, I'm slowly getting LFR gear. What the flip was I grinding rep and valor for? I'm not given a choice on how to gain rep. I'm not allowed to earn more than 1000 valor a week. If I'm willing to do the grind for a lot of rep or valor, I shouldn't be stopped by blizzard. I want other options for gaining rep outside of 3-4 dailies a day for each faction (more unlock as you progress of course). I also want to be able to purchase the rep gear rewards for weeks of grinding rep i just did, and not be cock blocked by valor caps. I brought up the different factions to point out that I just did a bunch of rep grinding and cant even do anything with it because of the valor cap. That's all. To some that's not a big deal, but it would be nice. I hate that there are probably 6 pieces of rep gear right now (sitting at honored with 3 factions) and I see no way of earning the valor to purchase them all. And I'd like to. It's fun to spend valor points on stuff. The system of rep and the cost of rep gear should compliment each other, but they're way off. It leads to disillusionment of the whole system.

Only if you're OCD and obsessively want everything. My interest in rep gear disappeared as soon as I got superior gear from raids.

Hasn't it always been like I've just mentioned, though? Before, if you got into a raid and got gear the first week, were you then upset it invalidated some rep gear?

As for the caps, there's always been limits and the game right now has easier to gain gear than ever before.

People do realize that, right?

By the way, this is not me defending how they GATED gear behind multiple rep grinds. That was dumb. That being said, overall there's so many options to get gear now it's amusing.

Tarazet

One thing is the sub par exp, but another issue is the ganking he's gonna put himself through. 5$ says he gives up.

I'm on a PvE server, no ganking. And yes, I'm trying to do it without a guild as well. But, I've been told by someone I respect if I want it to count, I should roll a Warlock, preferably Demo.

Only if you're OCD and obsessively want everything. My interest in rep gear disappeared as soon as I got superior gear from raids.

Yeah, I got exalted with everyone to get a few pieces (shieldwall ring + trinket, shado-pan gloves iirc) but for the most part quest rewards and LFR are more than sufficient. I've been using my VP to upgrade my 489+ ilvl items in anticipation of my lower 476/483 stuff getting replaced by LFR in 5.1/5.2. Am sitting at ilvl 485 right now from that.

Ran Scarlet Halls last night with a group that didn't know what it was doing and had a max dps of sub 20k, while I'm doing around 60k and constantly pulling aggro. Was fun in a perverse way.

Tarazet

Yeah, I got exalted with everyone to get a few pieces (shieldwall ring + trinket, shado-pan gloves iirc) but for the most part quest rewards and LFR are more than sufficient. I've been using my VP to upgrade my 489+ ilvl items in anticipation of my lower 476/483 stuff getting replaced by LFR in 5.1/5.2. Am sitting at ilvl 485 right now from that.

Ran Scarlet Halls last night with a group that didn't know what it was doing and had a max dps of sub 20k, while I'm doing around 60k and constantly pulling aggro. Was fun in a perverse way.

It's gotten sad, you can really tell which folks bought their accounts or are trying out their boyfriends' characters. I had an Enhancement Shaman with full epics go through an entire dungeon without doing a single melee attack. I was running as a bear tank and did 60% of the group's DPS.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Hey guys I haven't been keeping up with the news but are we getting that MOBA-style PVP battleground in 5.2?

No.

Keep in mind im using the term filler and minor very loosely here. I think 5.1 was an excellent patch and 5.2 is shaping up to be more than a big patch itself.

They're really streamlining the patches and finally doing what they said they were going to. 5.1 is a "filler" patch with the dailies and scenarios, 5.2 is the first "real" content patch with a huge ass raid and new pvp season. 5.3 will probably be another "filler" patch with the 2 new battlegrounds and 5.4 will hopefully be another "real" content patch, all within 3 months of the last one.

I'm just a little bit worried about the timing of the last patch. If they do the usual 3 tiers of raiding and that's it...then we'll have the usual situation with the final patch and then a year of waiting for the next expac. The alternative is either more tiers of raiding or more of those "filler" patches. Either way unless the story goes in a different direction soon, 5.1 moved it ahead very fast and I don't see how Garrosh can be allowed to live for very much longer, unless he isn't truly the final boss and simply the climax of it all, and we actually get patches after we kill him.

If they keep up this pace though somehow miraculously and release a minor and major patch every 3~ months we'll be up to 5.7 or 5.8 by the time MoP is over. They will have finally done what they said they wanted to do with Cata and we may actually have the least amount of down time in the history of the game.

This is all so unlikely and just my best case scenario. They probably already shot their wad and we'll probably get 5.3 in May 2013 and 5.4 in Oct 2013 and then not another peep until Oct 2014 when they release the next expac. =(

I'm on a PvE server, no ganking. And yes, I'm trying to do it without a guild as well. But, I've been told by someone I respect if I want it to count, I should roll a Warlock, preferably Demo.

Tell us when you hit outland and if still manage to keep your 'finish the zone' promise :)

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Tell us when you hit outland and if still manage to keep your 'finish the zone' promise :)
With the exception of Blade's Edge I don't see any problems with the Outland zones. I finished them completely while levelling my Monk to 90 (60-68 in Hellfire and the rest after the fact at level 90).

Berordn

With the exception of Blade's Edge I don't see any problems with the Outland zones. I finished them completely while levelling my Monk to 90 (60-68 in Hellfire and the rest after the fact at level 90).

Yeah, Outland could do with a sprucing up (regrouping and redistribution of hubs and the quests within, fix drop rates, replace mind control quests with proper vehicles), but the quests aren't bad.

Except Blade's Edge which can get impaled on one of its own spires.

Hoplatee

Yeah, I never really did mind going through TBC content but Blade's Edge was terrible even when it was 'new' and even worse when you revisit it.

It might depend more on what level you enter outland. Hellfire from 58 onwards is pretty painful considering you won't have flying. Good luck 'completing' Terrokar + Nagrand with quests like these still in the game. The aforementioned Blade's Edge is a serious shit sandwich. Good thing nobody has to do either Shadowmoon Valley or Netherstorm to hit 70 anymore.

Outland questing is aaaaasss.

Hasn't it always been like I've just mentioned, though? Before, if you got into a raid and got gear the first week, were you then upset it invalidated some rep gear?

As for the caps, there's always been limits and the game right now has easier to gain gear than ever before.

People do realize that, right?

By the way, this is not me defending how they GATED gear behind multiple rep grinds. That was dumb. That being said, overall there's so many options to get gear now it's amusing.
It's not so much about being OCD as much as I want to get upgrades like everyone else. And rep gear is a great way to do that, or at least it was in the past. Don't you raid on regular basis outside of LFR? That's probably a big difference in our perspectives. I don't have time nor the desire to do normal raiding right now, not even in a casual raiding guild. That leaves me with LFR and rep gear. My experience in LFR so far has been that it's not reliable and i'm never going to expect anything that I actually want to drop from it to actually drop. So I place a high priority on achievable means to upgrade my gear, which is rep gear. But like I mentioned, the valor cap basically says the following:

images
images
images
images

EDIT:
Yeah, I never really did mind going through TBC content but Blade's Edge was terrible even when it was 'new' and even worse when you revisit it.
Aww I liked blade's edge for the scenery alone. That place was awesome and the questing in that zone didn't last very long anyway if my memory serves correctly (probably not lol).

EDIT2:
Does anyone have any thoughts on when 5.2 will go live? I think i'd like to upgrade any high level items before the vendor disappears with what little valor i have.... It would be nice to get a weapon drop before it's too late, but I'm doubtful.

EDIT3:
You must do more dailies. More. More. More. More. More. More.
Dailies are the solution to EVERYTHING!! Have a cold? Dailies! Lose your job? Dailies!! Can't decide between fast food or a sit down restaurant for dinner? Dailies!! Wife is pregnant? Dailies!

Entropia

No One Remembers
I'm not sure if I'm surprised or not at this point that Blizzard would do something so fucking astonishingly stupid as that.

ampere

Got the mainhand glaive and my second binding of the windseeker today! Woo :D

Buddy keeps saying the droprate for bindings got increased, does seem like a lot of people are getting them, but I'd like to see recent droprate statistics

Rokam

Not sure why people are bitching about the charm change. They said they weren't going to let people stockpile. But now instead of having to do more dailies you can just hoard your lesser charms for when the patch hits. It takes 2 days of doing all the dailies to get 90 charms, and you still have like 2-3 months before the patch hits, that's plenty of time to farm up lesser charms.

Berordn

Not sure why people are bitching about the charm change. They said they weren't going to let people stockpile. But now instead of having to do more dailies you can just hoard your lesser charms for when the patch hits. It takes 2 days of doing all the dailies to get 90 charms, and you still have like 2-3 months before the patch hits, that's plenty of time to farm up lesser charms.

Yeah, this is kind of a nonissue. I'll just stop stockpiling elder charms, since they're rapidly becoming useless.

ch0mp

It's not so much about being OCD as much as I want to get upgrades like everyone else. And rep gear is a great way to do that, or at least it was in the past. Don't you raid on regular basis outside of LFR? That's probably a big difference in our perspectives. I don't have time nor the desire to do normal raiding right now, not even in a casual raiding guild. That leaves me with LFR and rep gear. My experience in LFR so far has been that it's not reliable and i'm never going to expect anything that I actually want to drop from it to actually drop. So I place a high priority on achievable means to upgrade my gear, which is rep gear. But like I mentioned, the valor cap basically says the following:
Valor gear is only there to fill in the gaps from raid gear.
You should really try pugging a raid some time. And if you're not interested in raiding... well you don't need the gear.

Valor gear is only there to fill in the gaps from raid gear.
You should really try pugging a raid some time. And if you're not interested in raiding... well you don't need the gear.
But why do I need to be raiding to be interested in gear? I'm not trying to get raiding gear outside of raiding. The gear i'm interested in is gear made available to everyone by blizzard, specifically outside of normal raiding. It has nothing to do with raiding to be honest. And there are benefits to having good gear outside of raiding. And I'm not trying to deck myself out in full i-level 509 stuff. Getting good gear is fun just like farming rare mounts and companions is fun. It's something to do. In addition to downing content, people also raid for the gear. When I get the drops that I'm looking for, it makes me happy. I'm also more confident wandering out in the wilderness in wow, especially given that CRZ is bringing out the gankers. One thing I'm working on is the achievement Raiding with Leashes. I'm still struggling to solo twin emps. I have mana issues. If I can get my i-level up, i'll have more mana and higher dps and it should no longer present any problems.

But seriously, I just don't know why it matters to others what makes wow fun for me. I feel like i'm fighting the internet, but that's not my intention. Even if I get decked out in LFR, it's painfully obvious to everyone that I'm using LFR gear and not normal raiding gear. It's not something to brag about, nor would I. I just like to have control over what I do with the stuff I earn (valor, rep, lesser charms). I'm not saying I should get more than other people or have special privileges, but the caps on all this stuff is driving me up a wall. Rep gear is the most reliable source of gear for someone like me who isn't interested in normal raiding right now. But the valor cap is making all the rep gear I could purchase a tease and I don't think the cap is serving any true purpose.

ch0mp

The cap is there to stop you grinding out all of the valor gear in a couple of days, it's that simple. And it's not going away. Blizzard do not want anyone out gearing raids by grinding dailies or dungeons.

Rokam

Yeah, this is kind of a nonissue. I'll just stop stockpiling elder charms, since they're rapidly becoming useless.

And on top of that if your alts need charms there's a chance for Elder charms to drop from the new bag you get from the daily island. I'm assuming that you'll be able to turn in Lesser Charms for as many of the T14 charms as you want once 5.2 hits since they stack to 20 now. Quicker to get your alts geared that way.

Trickster

But why do I need to be raiding to be interested in gear? I'm not trying to get raiding gear outside of raiding. The gear i'm interested in is gear made available to everyone by blizzard, specifically outside of normal raiding. It has nothing to do with raiding to be honest. And there are benefits to having good gear outside of raiding. And I'm not trying to deck myself out in full i-level 509 stuff. Getting good gear is fun just like farming rare mounts and companions is fun. It's something to do. In addition to downing content, people also raid for the gear. When I get the drops that I'm looking for, it makes me happy. I'm also more confident wandering out in the wilderness in wow, especially given that CRZ is bringing out the gankers. One thing I'm working on is the achievement Raiding with Leashes. I'm still struggling to solo twin emps. I have mana issues. If I can get my i-level up, i'll have more mana and higher dps and it should no longer present any problems.

But seriously, I just don't know why it matters to others what makes wow fun for me. I feel like i'm fighting the internet, but that's not my intention. Even if I get decked out in LFR, it's painfully obvious to everyone that I'm using LFR gear and not normal raiding gear. It's not something to brag about, nor would I. I just like to have control over what I do with the stuff I earn (valor, rep, lesser charms). I'm not saying I should get more than other people or have special privileges, but the caps on all this stuff is driving me up a wall. Rep gear is the most reliable source of gear for someone like me who isn't interested in normal raiding right now. But the valor cap is making all the rep gear I could purchase a tease and I don't think the cap is serving any true purpose.

LFR is there to allow people like you, who don't want to raid "normally", to still get to see the raids and get gear from them.

Coins and Valor on the other hand is pretty much just two ways that allow players, both casual and hardcore, to supplement their gear. Not as a sole means of decking out your character in purple loot.

Sure it might suck in your mind, that you can't farm coins and valor all day in order to deck out your character more quickly. But if they removed the caps on both of those things, it would force so many players to grind coins and valor.

It would probably make me quit wow tbh, my guild would want players to stock up on coins for each boss we could use a piece of loot from, and we'd have to farm 1500 valor points to be able to upgrade every single slot.

Also, in my opinion, getting gear in wow is already so stupidly fucking easy. I don't get excited at all when I get new loot in wow these days, haven't for a long time. It's just to easy to come by these days. You're pretty much guaranteed at least 2-3 pieces of epic gear each week, just by doing things that take zero skill or effort, just a bit of time.

One last thing, you mention that getting good gear is fun just like farming mounts and pets is fun. And while I don't doubt that you feel that way. You got to keep in mind that gear serves a very different role in the game than silly vanity items.

The cap is there to stop you grinding out all of the valor gear in a couple of days, it's that simple. And it's not going away. Blizzard do not want anyone out gearing raids by grinding dailies or dungeons.
For starters, it's not possible to grind out enough valor points to get completely geared up in a couple of days even without rep requirements. It's like you're forgetting that rep and valor are tied together and that it takes a while to even get 1000 valor points. Players are still faced with months of grinding rep and valor before getting everything they could possibly get from rep gear (since shado-pan and august celestials daily quests do not unlock until revered with golden lotus). So again, why is that a problem? I'm not even saying they should increase the amount of valor we get for doing things. But I don't think there is any reason to cap the small increments of valor we get either. You are really adamant about blizzard's position for whatever reason as if I really expect blizzard to change everything just because I don't like the way it is currently. It's not really that big of a deal lol.

EDIT:
LFR is there to allow people like you, who don't want to raid "normally", to still get to see the raids and get gear from them.

Coins and Valor on the other hand is pretty much just two ways that allow players, both casual and hardcore, to supplement their gear. Not as a sole means of decking out your character in purple loot.

Sure it might suck in your mind, that you can't farm coins and valor all day in order to deck out your character more quickly. But if they removed the caps on both of those things, it would force so many players to grind coins and valor.

It would probably make me quit wow tbh, my guild would want players to stock up on coins for each boss we could use a piece of loot from, and we'd have to farm 1500 valor points to be able to upgrade every single slot.

Also, in my opinion, getting gear in wow is already so stupidly fucking easy. I don't get excited at all when I get new loot in wow these days, haven't for a long time. It's just to easy to come by these days. You're pretty much guaranteed at least 2-3 pieces of epic gear each week, just by doing things that take zero skill or effort, just a bit of time.

One last thing, you mention that getting good gear is fun just like farming mounts and pets is fun. And while I don't doubt that you feel that way. You got to keep in mind that gear serves a very different role in the game than silly vanity items.
And yet all the gear is there and available to deck your character out (if you want to call decking your character out in sub normal and heroic raid gear, decking your character out) outside of LFR and normal raiding. And I'm sorry, the whole "forcing players to do X amount of whatever" argument is so not valid to me. No one is required to do anything in wow and if guilds want to go nazi on their members, it's up to the members of the guild to make the right decision and leave if that's gonna cause them to lose their enjoyment of the game. People shouldn't use their self-imposed rules as a reason or an excuse to exclude people who just want to play wow, casually. That's not my problem and I shouldn't be punished for it because of a bunch of masochistic players.

All I'm doing are the dailies that give me charms while grinding rep. I'm not trying to stock pile them. But the ones I have i want to be able to use. We're talking about the difference between having 3 elder charms per week, and 6. Okay? Not that big of a deal. And the whole "it takes zero skill or effort" is nothing more than your opinion. To others, grinding out dailies and doing LFR does take effort and skill, or at least time. It's still not free. And don't forget that the reward is lesser gear than normal raiding gear and most definitely less than heroic gear. I dont understand why that makes people go all crazy. People keep talking like LFR and rep grinding is rewarding players with 509 i-level gear and it's not. Just because it's purple doesn't make it amazing. Just pretend it's blue and maybe it wouldn't be such an issue anymore.

Also, i'm not stupid. I understand the role of gear helping progression having raided from vanilla through early cata in a semi-competitive guild. I was just using the example that it's fun to get gear regardless of whether or not I'm trying to raid. Not so much in the past, but definitely nowadays I think players that only see gear as meant for raiding are more mixed up than I am. I'm looking at the game as a whole, and gear is most certainly meant also for players who aren't trying to progress through end game content in a serious manner.

Westlo

Buddy keeps saying the droprate for bindings got increased, does seem like a lot of people are getting them, but I'd like to see recent droprate statistics

Well I got the right binding myself just a few nights ago in like my third clear of MC+BWL I've started to do on my warrior alt. Got Untamed Blade last week and Asscandy the last run, so I've had good luck with weapon drops... these two barely dropped back when I was a raider....

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"

This is a good thing though. If you run both old/new raids you can get 6 a week, if you run solely old stuff nothing changes, if you run solely new stuff nothing changes.

Got the mainhand glaive and my second binding of the windseeker today! Woo :D

Well I got the right binding myself just a few nights ago in like my third clear of MC+BWL I've started to do on my warrior alt. Got Untamed Blade last week and Asscandy the last run, so I've had good luck with weapon drops... these two barely dropped back when I was a raider....
The way the system seems to work it's not the drop-rates that have increased, it's the volume of people killing mobs that drop the items that have decreased -- thus the items drop more often for the people still farming. The % chance of an item drop happening is shared across a region, not just your realm/faction.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
This is a good thing though. If you run both old/new raids you can get 6 a week, if you run solely old stuff nothing changes, if you run solely new stuff nothing changes.

The way the system seems to work it's not the drop-rates that have increased, it's the volume of people killing mobs that drop the items that have decreased -- thus the items drop more often for the people still farming. The % chance of an item drop happening is shared across a region, not just your realm/faction.

Except that there isn't any reason to do it if you can still stockpile Lesser Charms.

I don't know if I'm misunderstanding what you're saying, but drop rates on individual items are not shared among regions, realms or factions. It's just a random number generator.

Knch

I have mana issues. If I can get my i-level up, i'll have more mana and higher dps and it should no longer present any problems.

Ever since hitting 90 on my warlock it's had 300K mana, after going from greens, to blues, to mostly rep gear (LFR is too boring, guild's not raiding atm.) I still have 300K mana, DPS however has increased quite a bit.

Robin64

Yeah, mana is a fixed value now with spirit increasing how fast it fills back up and intellect increasing how good your spells are.

Enosh

did they increase loot chances or am I just the luckiest motherfucker alive?
did sha, pvp neck and tier gloves from bonus
did terrace, bracers, head and ring

Knch

I believe mana is capped at 300k.

That was my point.

I also have no clue about these mana problems people keep talking about, I never run out of mana out in the world, scenario's or heroics. In LFR (the few I did) I only had to use life tap on the longer fights (which are the ones where other DPS dies...)

did they increase loot chances or am I just the luckiest motherfucker alive?
did sha, pvp neck and tier gloves from bonus
did terrace, bracers, head and ring

It would appear you are...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom