• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

CassSept

Pretty sure all the tbc raid bosses are soloable with little difficulty. At least if you have some proper gear.

For some classes Kael requires some positioning and Brutallus might still be hitting too hard. Kalec is obviously still not soloable, but he is skippable.

All the others, no problem.

Trickster

A lot of the things blizzard implemented, in order to make the game more userfriendly, rewarding and accesible definitely destroyed the sense of community on the servers.

I miss seeing people pvping outside ironforge just because it was fun, not because they wanted to earn random pvp points to get gear or a high arena ranking.

I miss getting to know people not from my guild, because I did a dungeon with them, and continued talking to them after the dungeon was cleared.

The changes blizzard implemented to make it easier to get gear, do dungeons, raid and pvp, probably made the game more enjoyable for most people in some fashion. But I definitely think they went to far with the changes.

Trying to make it easier to get into dungeons/bgs/arena/raids by making them all cross realm, pretty much destroyed the server communities.

I see nothing in that screenshot that required progression past Baron Geddon to obtain. Grand Marshal gear was nice but pvping your way up the ladder did not require the dedication and social interaction that rose-tinted retrospective the thread is meant to evoke.

It's sad when friends quit WoW but that's more a function of them finding other ways to pass their time and not 8-10 consecutive hours logged into an MMO now that things like rent, families and getting old make such commitment impractical as a matter of course.

I remember being 21 and having that kind of free time. It was nice. But I think I'd feel worse if I couldn't spend a maximum number of hours out in the real world right now rather than logged into WoW and its old community. WoW is a pastime, not my hometown.

Ultratech

Still no Sha Gun this week... ;_;

I'm beginning to think I'm never gonna get it before 5.2.

Silly Coins are goddamn useless.

At this rate, I'm gonna have the Legendary questline completed before I ever get the weapon.

Loxley

Rose-tinted glasses at it's finest, the guy's friends left the game and he's just placing the entire blame on Blizzard? Not their changing tastes or just burn-out that we all experience? I won't deny that there are a few aspects of vanilla/TBC WoW that I miss, but large in part the game was FUBAR to an large degree compared to now. If Blizzard hadn't made the changes to the game that they have over the last five+ years, I refuse to believe WoW would have been anything close to the success that it ended up being.

I do miss raiding with my old 40-man raid group to an extent, but not all the bullshit that came with it (all hybrid classes were required to be healbots/decursers, no exceptions. Ret Paladins, Enh. Shamans, Feral Druids, and Shadow Priests were never ever allowed to role for gear alongside the Warriors/Rogues/Mages/Locks, etc).

It's a bit of a trade-off as far as the social side of things goes. Sure, before X-realm BG's, everyone knew everyone on their realm's respective PvP scene, which was nice. But I did not enjoy waiting 2-3 hours for a damn Warsong Gulch match only to lose horribly. I will say that the one guy I befriended my first two months playing WoW in early 2005 is still around and he and I still do random 5-mans together when we can. For the most part I lost contact with almost all of my old raid buddies years ago, that's just part of being involved in an online community - MMO or not - people move on. Placing the blame on the developer seems like a bit of a scapegoat.

Finaika

Still no Sha Gun this week... ;_;

I'm beginning to think I'm never gonna get it before 5.2.

Silly Coins are goddamn useless.

At this rate, I'm gonna have the Legendary questline completed before I ever get the weapon.

I've got the sha gem collecting dust in my bag for months.

Not their changing tastes or just burn-out that we all experience?

I note with interest how many of the friends in that picture are rank 13-14 rogues and warriors, the two classes which positively dominated PvP in the first year of the game. I wonder what could have made them lose interest? ;D

Berordn

So today luck finally smiled on me.

wowscrnshot_012913_21ymsro.jpg

Sciz is not happy about it.

(But he has the stupid bug so who cares)

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Funny glitch in my friend list...

E45OOUs.png

Also, i'm not sure if a friend did something wrong. I gave my battletag to him so he can add me into his friend list, he said he added me.. yet i don't see any invites anywhere ingame. If he did a mistake while typing my battletag, it should have giving him an error no?

ZenaxPure

So today luck finally smiled on me.

Nice work, I still don't have the bug myself either because kalimdor arch as a human rogue is pretty annoying, and laziness I guess. Can't complain though, I've been pretty lucky as well, got my grand black war mammoth yesterday which is probably the mount I missed the most from my old account. Just one more mount until I'm at 170 total, SO EXCITE.

Also that 43 years thing is pretty funny, it's happened to me a few times. I have to wonder what is causing it because when it messes up it's ALWAYS 43 years.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Nice work, I still don't have the bug myself either because kalimdor arch as a human rogue is pretty annoying, and laziness I guess. Can't complain though, I've been pretty lucky as well, got my grand black war mammoth yesterday which is probably the mount I missed the most from my old account. Just one more mount until I'm at 170 total, SO EXCITE.

Also that 43 years thing is pretty funny, it's happened to me a few times. I have to wonder what is causing it because when it messes up it's ALWAYS 43 years.

*Has Bug Mount*

*Has Ashes of Al'ar*

/smugface

I always longed for a cool and unique flying mount ... the grass is always greener it seems.

I finally got the Headless Horseman mount to drop and it feels like I see more of that than I do Gryphons.

I can only imagine A'lar, Onyxia, and Mimiron end up feeling the same way to a degree. There's always going to be at least one of those floating around in your capital city.

That being said, Ony mount is baller status.

You know whenever the rose tinted goggles get thrown on, and someone starts talking about how they miss the "old" WoW the one thing that always tugs at my heart strings is the talk of people dueling outside Ironforge just because it's fun. It always gets mentioned but nobody does it anymore.

Why not?

Dueling is like my favorite thing in the game and it just doesn't happen anymore.

Bisnic

Is Onyxia easily soloable with a lvl 90 ret paladin(not really wearing epic gear, just an alt)?

Wonder if i should try for that mount.

Berordn

If you can burst her down as she's transitioning to phase 2 so that you don't spend an eternity with her in the air, any class can do it. She doesn't really hurt anymore.

On the other hand, you don't want to burst her down so fast that she immediately lands and then you have to deal with her terrorize and the whelps at the same time.

Bisnic

If you can burst her down as she's transitioning to phase 2 so that you don't spend an eternity with her in the air, any class can do it. She doesn't really hurt anymore.

On the other hand, you don't want to burst her down so fast that she immediately lands and then you have to deal with her terrorize and the whelps at the same time.

Wonder if it would be easier with my frost mage. My mage hits a lot harder since i have much better gear, but the lack of heals is annoying.

Berordn

Frost and Fire were how I was soloing her the past few weeks. As long as you're not using Rune, evocation heals enough and Frost Barrier soaks enough damage.

Ultratech

Almost got my T11 Meta Mount. Just need Stay Chill to complete the Meta and get my Red Storm Drake. (Would've had it last week, but the achievement was bugged or something.)

Also, it seems they also added some new LW recipes similar to the new Engi/BS ones that allow you to learn new Patterns. (Weirdly, it's 20 Leather or Scales to make a Magnificent Hide, despite the fact you can do it already with 50 Exotic Leather.)

It's time again.

http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=95426

Time to get mine for the third time.

80, 85 and 90 ^^

Frostscythe is awesome stuff. Too bad you can't really mog it with a Hunter anymore...(well, you could, but there's not much point). Went great with T8 Gear.

I always longed for a cool and unique flying mount ... the grass is always greener it seems.

I finally got the Headless Horseman mount to drop and it feels like I see more of that than I do Gryphons.

I can only imagine A'lar, Onyxia, and Mimiron end up feeling the same way to a degree. There's always going to be at least one of those floating around in your capital city.

You know whenever the rose tinted goggles get thrown on, and someone starts talking about how they miss the "old" WoW the one thing that always tugs at my heart strings is the talk of people dueling outside Ironforge just because it's fun. It always gets mentioned but nobody does it anymore.

Why not?

Dueling is like my favorite thing in the game and it just doesn't happen anymore.

Fun fact: Ever since I came back, I've always confused the Headless Horseman's mount and the Fiery Warhorse. Only way I knew the difference is that the Warhorse can't fly.

That said, I've seen quite a few Ashes and Ony mounts thanks to CRZ. Other stuff, like Mimiron's Head and Invincible, I almost never see at all.

Weacro

Neo Member
After playing for 7 years on the Dark Iron server, today will be the day I reach endgame for the first time. Many things have gotten in the way these past few years like joining the Air Force, working 16 hour shifts and deployments and not playing for extended periods of time. But with less the 7 million exp to go, my Hunter will finally be level 90. PvP here I come!

Berordn

After playing for 7 years on the Dark Iron server, today will be the day I reach endgame for the first time. Many things have gotten in the way these past few years like joining the Air Force, working 16 hour shifts and deployments and not playing for extended periods of time. But with less the 7 million exp to go, my Hunter will finally be level 90. PvP here I come!

Grats! PvP progression's an uphill battle when you start late, but don't give up!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Why not?

I see a couple Al'ar's here and there, but 99% of the time I'm the only one that has it. Its the only super rare prestige raid (flying) mount I've got so I always use it. I have North Wind drake too, but that's mostly just a regular drake with lightning on it.

I have a lot of rare ground mounts though - Raven Lord, Rivendare, White Hawkstrider, Ultramarine Battle Tank, etc. Still working on Attumen but after like 150 runs I still haven't seen it. I could theoretically run it 11 times a week but I'm really lazy about flying down there.

I saw Mimiron's Head on the BLAH the other day, though. I don't have 999,999g though, so not happening.

Bisnic

Everyone know the best ground mount is the one from the Anglers since it allows you to walk on water. Plus it's nicely modeled and it looks cool if you press the space bar while not moving. :p

Slayerx

Oh, looks like we will be able to do opposing factions 5.1 scenarios in 5.2, always wanted to do dagger in the dark :S . Also taken from SoL:
To encourage Raid Finder groups to persevere, each time an Raid Finder group wipes on a boss fight all players in the group receives a stacking buff that increases health, damage dealt, and healing done by 5% (up to a maximum of 10 stacks). This buff is cleared once the boss has been killed.

Ultratech

http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/95468-pattern-magnificence-of-scales

I'm pretty sure I've never seen a Magnificent Hide cost more than a stack of Prismatic Scales. A stack of leather, maybe.

Sounds like a messed up economy, given 50 Exotic Leather = 1 Mag. Hide.

Scales aren't THAT hard to get. It's just a matter of skinning Crocs and Turtles (and thus aggroing every Turtles/Crocs in sight...lol).

Funny enough, I was leveling LW last night, and had one of those Firefly mobs in the Jade Forest drop 2 Magnificent Hides. Almost couldn't believe it.

I'm particularly enjoying the Black Riding Goat personally. Love that thing.

I like my Azure Riding Crane at the moment. Something just funny about riding a huge-ass crane.
Also helps that it looks good.

Bisnic

I've been wondering something, if i want to play with someone from the EU servers and i already own the NA versions of WoW and all its expansions, i know i have to pay the 15 euros for the WoW Battle Chest, but is that it? No extra monthly fee, no need to buy the expansions again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom