• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rokam

So it'll get released a year or 2 or 3 or 8 after the last Hobbit and fail miserably. Should just do a CGI Starcraft movie.

So it'll get released a year or 2 or 3 or 8 after the last Hobbit and fail miserably. Should just do a CGI Starcraft movie.

Haha... that was pretty much my man's opinion because he thinks Duncan is more of a sci-fi guy. I'd love to see what he does with it regardless.

zugzug

and cancelled my account again had them prorate a refund based off the 9 weeks left on my sixth month account.

Their in game GMs are simply bad, and refuse to punish people who in game harass.

As well their refusing to do something about low population servers. Count me as one person who cancelled due to low pop servers and 2 other reasons.

Vodh

Wow, Garrosh is a massive dick. Can't wait for his rule to end. I've just returned to WoW like 3 days ago, rolled a Pandaren Monk yesterday and wow, Garrosh is getting worse and worse.

I'll never stop fighting for the Horde, but if they could meet him before they chose the faction, I'm pretty sure the Pandaren would have just picked the Alliance.

Sylvanas is my Warchief!

ampere

Had the Blue and Azure Drakes both drop from a Malygos kill today, heh. Already had blue, but it was pretty crazy

eqnNrZN.jpg

Wow, Garrosh is a massive dick. Can't wait for his rule to end. I've just returned to WoW like 3 days ago, rolled a Pandaren Monk yesterday and wow, Garrosh is getting worse and worse.

I'll never stop fighting for the Horde, but if they could meet him before they chose the faction, I'm pretty sure the Pandaren would have just picked the Alliance.

Sylvanas is my Warchief!

Hasn't she been MIA this entire expansion?

Vodh

I know it wouldn't be any good to change it now, but in retrospect I think Pandaren would have fit in the Alliance much better, and Worgen would be a much more believable choice for side-pickers.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

Sylvanas is my Warchief!

Funny you'd say that, i just finished Stonetalon Mountains with a Horde character, and Garrosh was PISSED that this orc general killed innocents and children.

Seems like Garrosh really went to the dark side with MoP.

Vodh

God, sorry for speeding through your post and mentioning something you didn't know. :(

I feel terrible.

Oh, yeah, I guess my post could be interpreted that way... Don't worry about it, it's totally cool, the game has been out for a few months now. It was an 'oh shit, my favourite Horde character is absent from this expansion', not an 'oh shit, spoilers'.

You've actually spared me a major disappointment :)

Oh, yeah, I guess my post could be interpreted that way... Don't worry about it, it's totally cool, the game has been out for a few months now. It was an 'oh shit, my favourite Horde character is absent from this expansion', not an 'oh shit, spoilers'.

You've actually spared me a major disappointment :)

I play Alliance (currently) and a good friend of mine plays Horde. We like to talk about the Lore a lot, and I asked him where's she's been during the developments of this expansion. He told me "missing", so it was still fresh on my mind.

When I was playing during Wrath (Horde), she was one of my favorite characters. It's weird that she wouldn't be around.

Vodh

I play Alliance (currently) and a good friend of mine plays Horde. We like to talk about the Lore a lot, and I asked him where's she's been during the developments of this expansion. He told me "missing", so it was still fresh on my mind.

When I was playing during Wrath (Horde), she was one of my favorite characters. It's weird that she wouldn't be around.

Well, I'd wager she's brewing something up in the Undercity and we'll hear from her before long.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Hit 90 on my Paladin tonight, healed a couple heroics. Oddly both were on the 2nd last boss (Shado-Pan and Siege) which was for the better considering I'm not confident in my Paladin healing ability yet.

Ultratech

Had the Blue and Azure Drakes both drop from a Malygos kill today, heh. Already had blue, but it was pretty crazy

Jelly. I've heard of that happening to quite a few people with the double mount drop.

I just need the Azure Drake if it ever drops.

Hasn't she been MIA this entire expansion?

Pretty much. Garrosh left her and undead army at home.

On top of that, I don't think she's even really been mentioned much at all.

Not even really through the Dominance Offensive stuff.

It's kinda funny looking back in Cata where Garrosh bitches her out for creating more Undead through the Val'kyrs and then MoP rolls around and he tries to pull the same shit with the
Saurok, as the Kor'kron mention in Dagger in the Dark, where they try to figure out how to use their magic/whatever to make an unstoppable army.

Garrosh pretty much pulls a 180 in character development in MoP.

Berordn

The Blue Drake keeps dropping for me, but I've had it since they added the Occulus bag :(

Never even seen the Reins for the Azure Drake.

Hoplatee

Grrr. Bought Valor Pants last week and now Sha drops my pants. That is more than 2 weeks of Valor wasted which is frustrating. :<

Also finally got my Sigils. 10 Wisdom, 19 Power. 8 or 9 weeks.

Berordn

I think he started to slowly turn in the books, but since none of that is ever mentioned in game yeah....

His characterization was highly inconsistent, and fit whatever they needed him to be at the time. In Stonetalon he's a noble and chivalrous leader who puts an end to a racist, genocidal maniac. In Twilight Highlands, he's a warmongering buffoon who didn't know the first thing about strategy and almost got you killed because Deathwing could hear him coming miles away.

He's gone through three or four major characterization shifts since his introduction in BC, even before Cataclysm changed him up per zone.

Buy a lotto ticket! Azure Drake is one of my favorites that I don't have. I really will have to farm old raids whenever I resub. Could spend most of the week just doing that.

Funny you'd say that, i just finished Stonetalon Mountains with a Horde character, and Garrosh was PISSED that this orc general killed innocents and children.

Seems like Garrosh really went to the dark side with MoP.

Probably influenced by the Sha. Not that he was on a great path to begin with.

Totalriot

Can someone please explain this change on the PTR for me:
A new vendor has been added offering to sell Conquest PvP gear for Honor to characters that have earned 27,000 Conquest during the season. They could be found near existing Pandaria PvP vendors.
I did a quick calculation and if you buy every piece of Conquest gear you'll have to pay 22500 Conquest points. So why should I bother farming 4500 more? Maybe interesting for the heal/DD classes but I doubt there are many people who will grind gear for their offspec mid PVP season...

Or is this account-wide? That would be extremly cool!

Tarazet

Sounds like a messed up economy, given 50 Exotic Leather = 1 Mag. Hide.

Scales aren't THAT hard to get. It's just a matter of skinning Crocs and Turtles (and thus aggroing every Turtles/Crocs in sight...lol).

Funny enough, I was leveling LW last night, and had one of those Firefly mobs in the Jade Forest drop 2 Magnificent Hides. Almost couldn't believe it.

Yeah. I usually just go to the Golden Lotus daily lake and skin crocolisks after people kill them. On my server, the scales are about 300g a stack. Hides fluctuate from 100-150g apiece. It does seem like the hides are dropping more often from skinning now, but you'll still get most of them by combining Exotic Leathers.

Can someone please explain this change on the PTR for me:

I did a quick calculation and if you buy every piece of Conquest gear you'll have to pay 22500 Conquest points. So why should I bother farming 4500 more? Maybe interesting for the heal/DD classes but I doubt there are many people who will grind gear for their offspec mid PVP season...

Or is this account-wide? That would be extremly cool!

1) Earned not spent
2) This change is for offspecs to have "reasonable" sets of gear without needing to farm another 22K conquest. You just have to farm that god forsaken honor in bot filled BGs instead. Or farm dungeons and convert it to honor. Either way.
3) After you earn 27000 you can buy Elite Tyrannical Gear as yet another Wonderful Blizzard Gear Grind&#8482; to keep you playing. It's going to be anywhere between 3-6 months to cap out completely on gear.

Loxley

Man, the reactions to this Duncan Jones news have been hilariously overzealous in their negativity. Disgruntled ex-WoW players will never miss an opportunity to bitch about how irrelevant the game/property has become since they stopped playing; whether that was after vanilla, TBC, Wrath, or Cata.

I swear their ears perk up whenever a new story about about WoW breaks, "The YouTube comments section is calling me!"

Draxal

Man, the reactions to this Duncan Jones news have been hilariously overzealous in their negativity. Disgruntled ex-WoW players will never miss an opportunity to bitch about how irrelevant the game/property has become since they stopped playing; whether that was after vanilla, TBC, Wrath, or Cata.

I swear their ears perk up whenever a new story about about WoW breaks, "The YouTube comments section is calling me!"

Eh, I'm off and on but the story's kinda all over the place (the garrosh in stonetalon to current garrosh as mentioned was just jarring).

I'm cool with it if he gets Chris Metzen to star as Aggra.

I sort of got trolled in LFR the other day, well that's what I would call it ;) I've been using bonus rolls on Tsulong in Terrace of Endless Springs hoping for the sha touched caster sword every week. I never win anything with bonus rolls, but yesterday purple popped up on my screen after downing Tsulong and using the bonus roll. Unfortunately, it was the third cloth belt I've gotten in LFR. So that's 3 belts, and two Claws of Amethyst gloves when I already had the Spelltwister's gloves. I guess I can't really call it a true troll because I did get Regail's Crackling Dagger off of protectors of the endless right before that. Any guess on when 5.2 arrives? Are we talking a couple of weeks or longer?

Also, I spent 3000 valor points on upgrading my two trinkets 2/2. I figure those are the least likely things to get replaced come 5.2 and I wanted to use the upgrades before the voidbinders get removed. I opted not to replace my blue shoulders, leggings, or helm. Guess if LFR doesn't cooperate, that's 3 weeks before I can get the rep leggings or the helm.... Great valor system. 3 weeks for one item is so stupid. Makes rep gear practically irrelevant.

Rokam

Don't expect 5.2 for at least a month at the earliest. They've only tested half the bosses so far. Honestly I don't expect it will hit till later March early April to coincide with the book release.

Don't expect 5.2 for at least a month at the earliest. They've only tested half the bosses so far. Honestly I don't expect it will hit till later March early April to coincide with the book release.
That's kind of cool for me. While I'd like to see the new content and also see an increased drop rate on pre 5.2 gear (as well as reduced rep gear costs), I also want to upgrade as many armor pieces as possible. The Shieldwall ring, unless I can get Loshan, Terror Incarnate (unlikely I'm sure), would be the next piece to upgrade to 2/2. I'm basically assuming that I'll be trying to replace most everything else with 5.2 gear when it hits.

ampere

Buy a lotto ticket! Azure Drake is one of my favorites that I don't have. I really will have to farm old raids whenever I resub. Could spend most of the week just doing that.

I stopped raiding so I just casually farm old raids for mounts and level alts lately. Relaxing way to play, I enjoy it.

I still do gradually gear up alts to do Challenge Modes with, that's probably the most serious activity I'll be doing for a while

Westlo

I would advise WoWGAF that if you see cheap Ghost Iron Ore, buy it up right now. The only way this is going to go in terms of prices due to 5.2 is up, up, up. Buy 500 stacks @ 30-40g and mail it to an alt you don't even log in to, in 30 days time your main and/or auction character will get it back and 5.2 should be out by that point.

Just don't do this if you play on Frostmourne, thanks.

I never win anything with bonus rolls, but yesterday purple popped up on my screen after downing Tsulong and using the bonus roll. Unfortunately, it was the third cloth belt I've gotten in LFR. So that's 3 belts, and two Claws of Amethyst gloves when I already had the Spelltwister's gloves. I guess I can't really call it a true troll because I did get Regail's Crackling Dagger off of protectors of the endless right before that. Any guess on when 5.2 arrives? Are we talking a couple of weeks or longer

I really want the caster sword off LFR Tsulong, it's perfect for my Mage's transmog look.

Tarazet

Kind of a bummer that just as I get good at Will of the Emperor, the MSV drops are going to be obsolete. I was going to try and pug raid, but the gear in LFR 5.2 will be better than heroic MSV, so why bother?

The run tonight reminded me of why I love playing a Druid, especially Guardian. It's just simple and effective, and with decent gear they wreck all the things. I pulled 80K on Elegon. Granted, that was helped greatly by standing on the boss' hitbox and Thrashing all the energy charges as they spawned, but the dedicated DPS of the shadow priest, affliction lock variety that excel at that kind of thing barely stayed even.

Rokam

I would advise WoWGAF that if you see cheap Ghost Iron Ore, buy it up right now. The only way this is going to go in terms of prices due to 5.2 is up, up, up. Buy 500 stacks @ 30-40g and mail it to an alt you don't even log in to, in 30 days time your main and/or auction character will get it back and 5.2 should be out by that point.

Just don't do this if you play on Frostmourne, thanks.

I really want the caster sword off LFR Tsulong, it's perfect for my Mage's transmog look.

Trillium and Ghost Iron are going to spike. And it's going to be glorious as I have started amassing a large amount of both already. Bring me the gold!

Westlo

Trillium and Ghost Iron are going to spike. And it's going to be glorious as I have started amassing a large amount of both already. Bring me the gold!

You can't lose with ore (unless you bought thousands of stacks of pyrite in cata thinking the epic gems were going to come from them like they did in the Wrath equivalent), especially if you have a jewelcrafter.

I had 150 stacks of Obsidum Ore bought @ like 10-15g before MOP, I sell this shit for 100g a stack these days, doesn't always sell but when the time is right... and of course @ times its on the AH for 10-15g again, thanks for the restock.

Even if it didn't sell i would just shuffle it with my jewelcrafter/enchanter. Hynoptic Dust sells for 100g+ these days...

And now Ghost Iron is going to be the shit with 5.2.... you can't lose with Ore.

Hoplatee

You can't lose with ore (unless you bought thousands of stacks of pyrite in cata thinking the epic gems were going to come from them like they did in the Wrath equivalent), especially if you have a jewelcrafter.

I had 150 stacks of Obsidum Ore bought @ like 10-15g before MOP, I sell this shit for 100g a stack these days, doesn't always sell but when the time is right... and of course @ times its on the AH for 10-15g again, thanks for the restock.

Even if it didn't sell i would just shuffle it with my jewelcrafter/enchanter. Hynoptic Dust sells for 100g+ these days...

And now Ghost Iron is going to be the shit with 5.2.... you can't lose with Ore.

Arcane Crystals are pretty good for this as well. There are still people putting those up for cheap prices just to get rid of them while they are worth 100 to 150 each on my server at times.

Though they obviously have no use at all for 5.2 but still wanted to say it!

There will always be people getting Legendary drops that need them and want to buy the mats for whatever crazy price.
I was there a little time ago - and now I am abusing it

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm baffled to explain what's up with Wrathion's 5.2 dialogue @ around 4:25 in the clip on MMO-C.
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

I sort of got trolled in LFR the other day, well that's what I would call it ;) I've been using bonus rolls on Tsulong in Terrace of Endless Springs hoping for the sha touched caster sword every week. I never win anything with bonus rolls, but yesterday purple popped up on my screen after downing Tsulong and using the bonus roll. Unfortunately, it was the third cloth belt I've gotten in LFR. So that's 3 belts, and two Claws of Amethyst gloves when I already had the Spelltwister's gloves. I guess I can't really call it a true troll because I did get Regail's Crackling Dagger off of protectors of the endless right before that.

Know that feel.

Running first part of HoF LFR for the oh, already have 496 bracers from the second boss. First get bracers from first boss, then bracers for second boss, then bracers again with my bonus roll. Can't really complain too much though, got three sha crystals and only had to wait a week for my oh to drop. LFR has been good to me.

B8EwHy3.jpg

Yeah it has a nice look to it. I think more frustrating than anything is just seeing person after person in LFR that has a Sha touched weapon, either off Tsulong or Lei Shi. There's that feeling that I'll never get one and even if I do, by the time it happens it will feel so meaningless. Granted, I can't complain, because I've only been doing LFR for 3-4 weeks. But it's kind of like the Raven Lord mount. I'm still doing Sethekk Halls almost daily and if and when it drops, it's going to be more of a twirl the finger kind of feeling. I've seen people riding around with that mount for years. But I guess I do like having things to complain about. So that works for me :p
Know that feel.

Running first part of HoF LFR for the oh, already have 496 bracers from the second boss. First get bracers from first boss, then bracers for second boss, then bracers again with my bonus roll. Can't really complain too much though, got three sha crystals and only had to wait a week for my oh to drop. LFR has been good to me.

http://i.imgur.com/B8EwHy3.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Wow. I know it's all RNG, but that just feels wrong. I still would prefer dealing with idiots rolling need on everything if it meant I could actually see loot drop off of every boss and actually be able to roll on specific things. Gearing up in MoP feels sooooo slow and unsatisfying.

crpav

So sick of LFR. I have such limited time that it's hard to squeeze in much play time. The 55 minute queue time is the first thing that sucks. At least the run went smooth except for the CRAP drops. I got nothing again from Terrace. Last week I got some drops....a belt worse than what I already had and the trinket I got the first week of running it.

Totalriot

So sick of LFR. I have such limited time that it's hard to squeeze in much play time. The 55 minute queue time is the first thing that sucks. At least the run went smooth except for the CRAP drops. I got nothing again from Terrace. Last week I got some drops....a belt worse than what I already had and the trinket I got the first week of running it.

55 minuts suck! I usually have 25-30 minutes queue time as DD but I have recently learned a nice way to make the waiting time more bearable. I am currently on Wrathions 6000 Valor quest so I want to cap valor every week and it actually does not take more than an hour playtime per day.

I queue simultaniously LFR, LFD and random scenario. The scenario opens instantly and although the game tells you your other queues are paused, they are not. You won't get an LFD or LFR invite while doing the scenario but once your position in the queue reaches the top spot you'll stay there. This means, once the scenario is finished I usually get instantly the LFD invite and once the dungeon is done there comes the LFR invite.

All 3 three together take about an hour without any waiting time and give some nice 210 Valor.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Yeah, those ridiculous DPS LFR queue times makes me think that if i start a new character, it will be one that can heal. Just so i only have to wait 1 minute rather than 45. :p

Tarazet

55 minuts suck! I usually have 25-30 minutes queue time as DD but I have recently learned a nice way to make the waiting time more bearable. I am currently on Wrathions 6000 Valor quest so I want to cap valor every week and it actually does not take more than an hour playtime per day.

I queue simultaniously LFR, LFD and random scenario. The scenario opens instantly and although the game tells you your other queues are paused, they are not. You won't get an LFD or LFR invite while doing the scenario but once your position in the queue reaches the top spot you'll stay there. This means, once the scenario is finished I usually get instantly the LFD invite and once the dungeon is done there comes the LFR invite.

All 3 three together take about an hour without any waiting time and give some nice 210 Valor.

I do the same. It works just as well as a tank, because you can usually get two instant dungeon pops before getting one LFR and get flasks or gems out of your satchels. Now, if I'm running as a healer, then I just do LFR over and over.

Hoplatee

Yeah, those ridiculous DPS LFR queue times makes me think that if i start a new character, it will be one that can heal. Just so i only have to wait 1 minute rather than 45. :p

From my experience they aren't much better as a healer. At least not after Thursday.

Sure, nowhere near 50 minutes but I often have to wait 30 minutes as well. It really does depend on the day. Wednesday crazy fast, Thursday as well, Friday evening ain't bad either. Weekend I wouldn't know since I avoid that because then many kids will play and things might not be so smooth and after the weekend.. Well, all my bad runs have been after the weekend.

e) Changed post a bit. On my Warrior I wait around 30 minutes as DPS spec. Tank varies.

I sort of got trolled in LFR the other day, well that's what I would call it ;) I've been using bonus rolls on Tsulong in Terrace of Endless Springs hoping for the sha touched caster sword every week. I never win anything with bonus rolls, but yesterday purple popped up on my screen after downing Tsulong and using the bonus roll. Unfortunately, it was the third cloth belt I've gotten in LFR. So that's 3 belts, and two Claws of Amethyst gloves when I already had the Spelltwister's gloves. I guess I can't really call it a true troll because I did get Regail's Crackling Dagger off of protectors of the endless right before that. Any guess on when 5.2 arrives? Are we talking a couple of weeks or longer?

Also, I spent 3000 valor points on upgrading my two trinkets 2/2. I figure those are the least likely things to get replaced come 5.2 and I wanted to use the upgrades before the voidbinders get removed. I opted not to replace my blue shoulders, leggings, or helm. Guess if LFR doesn't cooperate, that's 3 weeks before I can get the rep leggings or the helm.... Great valor system. 3 weeks for one item is so stupid. Makes rep gear practically irrelevant.

I have gotten six Terror in the Mists from Lei Shi now. Nothing else has dropped. How can I not feel like I'm being trolled by this point. :/ *angry fist shaking*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom