• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shamans are pretty bad at pvp.

If I were to make a pvp character, what should I make?

My feral druid has been consistently good 1v1 vs pretty much every class (fuck frost mages, but that has now changed), and I feel it is the most versitile class for BGs. Tank, DPS, stealth, pinch heals, innervates, rez/brez, aquatic/travel forms, ect. We kind of do everything. Even with a Guardian spec my cat DPS is acceptable in PvP. It's a great opener and once all my bleeds are applied bear has great survivability. The feral tree is extremely fluid and rewarding even vs several opponents at once. I contribute more on my feral to a BG than I do on either my Shadow Priest or Elemental Shaman. It's not even close. Most other classes are one trick ponies.

Robin64

This dude is 475, has the pants, and still needed on them. I honestly cannot grasp that 'I just want to fuck over this random guy' mentally.

This is why I'm rather eager to see the LFR loot system come to Heroics. They are just an annoying chore otherwise. It's why I struggled to qualify for LFR for so long.

Tarazet

My feral druid has been consistently good 1v1 vs pretty much every class (fuck frost mages, but that has now changed), and I feel it is the most versitile class for BGs. Tank, DPS, stealth, pinch heals, innervates, rez/brez, aquatic/travel forms, ect. We kind of do everything. Even with a Guardian spec my cat DPS is acceptable in PvP. It's a great opener and once all my bleeds are applied bear has great survivability. The feral tree is extremely fluid and rewarding even vs several opponents at once. I contribute more on my feral to a BG than I do on either my Shadow Priest or Elemental Shaman. It's not even close. Most other classes are one trick ponies.

Off-spec cat form via Heart of the Wild is getting buffed in 5.1 too. I don't really like using it as it is now, since without Shred it's a glass cannon sans cannon. I do better damage as a bear even single target.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Lucis

I think I am coming to a peace to what I want from WOW.

Organized raiding will just be impossible for me (getting married). So starting MOP I told my guild I will not be raiding as a raider.

I realize that if I plan on playing wow casually on and off, I will see the content. Raids will be easily pugable on normal (or even some heroic bosses) a few months down the road, and since I am on a very good standing with the guild (First raiding week of MOP I helped them out a lot since they couldn't muster the 3rd healer). I can come in and ask for a raid spot once in a while on a farm week.

With that in mind. I have been playing wow a lot more on the solo side of things, I am seeing a lot more stuff opening up to me, especially new stuff that came out in MOP

These are all things I neglected before when my focus was RAIDING.

Pet Battles are fun! so is collecting pet, I am flying everywhere to try to get rare quality pets.
Leveling alts, is actually pretty damn fun, especially with the account bound archievement/mount/pet. I can pet battle anywhere leveling an alt if i see a pet i don't have.
Mount collecting, lot more soloable/duoable old raids, hopefully we'll get more arch runs going as days passes by.

UP COMING BRAWLER'S GUILD???! OMGOMGOMG it's gonna be awesome ;) (I hope!)

I feel a lot more at peace with this expansion, seems like the monk zen shit worked.

Also will start to roll a monk, SHES NOT GOING TO BE A PANDA

Sarcasm

Hells yes! Two skyshards within 15 minutes! (Total 3 now lol). One random drop or in that treasure chest you get from daily.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Everyone being so lucky with Skyshards lately, it seems :(

Kenai

This is why I'm rather eager to see the LFR loot system come to Heroics. They are just an annoying chore otherwise. It's why I struggled to qualify for LFR for so long.

Yea, I went through hell getting that Healing Trinket from Direbrew (I know it's not very good but it's better than the green I had) because Paladin and Monk tanks kept gibbing it when it finally started to drop.

I ended up inviting a few friends my my server that can all roll Need on it. I finally had good enough gear to qualify for LFR last week, and that's with Sha boots and running at least 7+ Heroics a day, every day.

Heroic loot drop rates in general seem to really be terrible for some classes, and it doesn't help that they made JP nearly worthless as well. I'm over the hurdle now, but out of my few annoyances with the expansion so far those two are probably the biggest ones.

Trickster

What's up with people who need on stuff just so you can't get it?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/malganis/Xune/advanced

This dude is 475, has the pants, and still needed on them. I honestly cannot grasp that 'I just want to fuck over this random guy' mentally.

Was it from the last boss? If so then it's probably not to prevent someone from getting it. But just that he might as well take it so he can vendor it. Not like being a ninja will give people a bad reputation now that everything is cross server.

Back in the days before there were any cross server stuff, people would often become infamous for doing things ninjaing or being someone that always ganked people.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Hah, kt is actually a lot easier for me as frost.

So what do dk's solo these days? Still after ashes, raven, and kara mount. I know there's the stonecore one. And the one in the world heroic.

Yoshichan

I might have to return as a GM for my guild... sigh. That didn't last long... makes me not want to play this game.

Yoshichan

Yoshichan to go into drunken rage and kick half the guild after an unsuccessful raid night.
Complete opposite... I was planning on GG'ing out of the guild today; but I felt like carrying one last day before telling them my plans. Now that I've gone all out with what I was planning on doing, it caused a ridiculous domino-effect, people wanting to leave left and right etc.

They just put so much weight on my shoulders.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Complete opposite... I was planning on GG'ing out of the guild today; but I felt like carrying one last day before telling them my plans. Now that I've gone all out with what I was planning on doing, it caused a ridiculous domino-effect, people wanting to leave left and right etc.

They just put so much weight on my shoulders.

Who cares about them anyway, it's about what YOU want. =/

Yoshichan

Who cares about them anyway, it's about what YOU want. =/
Wow, let me just put it this way: ever since 4.0.1, I've played the game while being chained to a lot of people. I haven't played it the way I wanted since that time. I don't even remember what the "what I want"-mentality feels like, but I'll be sure to cherish this moment as guildless (if I decide to leave them).

Arrows supplies and loyalty with pets.

Good
bad
times.

This is why you picked the pet talent that gave them happiness on attack or whatever it was. And yes, ammo sucked balls, but it was more realistic. Just sort of an interesting quirk of the class that you dealt with, like soul shards (and bags) used to be for Warlocks.

---

Mage is now 45, along with Priest. Rogue is 43. Must've done something like 20+ levels today on him. I checked my /played though, and 1-40 is only about 12 hours give or take a bit. Which isn't too shabby. Need to make sure I rotate though so I build up some rest and aren't always powering through on a purple bar. Gonna hold off on leveling the Paladin more I think until I get him the tanking shoulders and chest.

Also got exalted with Cloud Serpents today, so that was pretty cool. Mounts fly like you're drunk though, so not sure how much I like them.

Another thing was me missing out on a Skyshard today. Happened to be in a party with another guy and it dropped off a mob I killed, he won the roll. FML.

Sarcasm

So I am trying to lvl 2 alts alternating (for rest exp). Currently burning off rest on warrior. My question is about proff.

My druid has max JC/mining. Hunter has pandaria lvl herbing (almost max) and like halfway to 600 alch.

My warrior oddly has 525+ mining and like 509 JC (don't know why I have JC on this toon) - what should I do about it?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
After about halfway through BC leveling JC becomes one of the easier professions to level. It was absolutely hellish doing the "Vanilla" leveling. It's never bad to have a max JCer. I had three in Lich King and Cata.

ampere

Can anyone help me pick out an hierloom cape for my monk alt?

I'm leaning towards the stam/agi cape, is that a bad choice?

This cape (inherited cape of the black baron)
http://www.wowhead.com/item=62039

vs

This cape (ripped sandstorm cloak)
http://www.wowhead.com/item=69892

You definitely want the cape with agility. Dps and tank monks use agility, and healing monks use intellect. Even if you're tanking most of the gear for monks will have dps stats on it (crit/haste/hit/expertise/mastery)

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Anyone wanna help me do oculus for glory of the hero? Lol. All I'm missing is killing him on an emerald drake. Ill have the mount tomorrow after I solo less-rabi.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
leveling up tailoring has been the worst experience of my life

especially on a low pop server

Eh, I just do it on characters with little to no need for bandages that also use cloth. It's the Perfect Priest Profession. Getting materials isn't so bad.

Evlar

Banned
You definitely want the cape with agility. Dps and tank monks use agility, and healing monks use intellect. Even if you're tanking most of the gear for monks will have dps stats on it (crit/haste/hit/expertise/mastery)
Crit is also a useful stat for monk tanks beyond just the extra damage output; it powers up Elusive Brew, the big +dodge cooldown.

Fjordson

So I need to get revered with Golden Lotus before I can start working on Shado-Pan rep? Dayum.

Though I have to say, I really like this rep system as opposed to tabards in dungeons. Lets me work on what I want whenever I want. Especially since I rarely play during peak hours so dungeon queues as DPS can get really bad.

Neki

Eh, I just do it on characters with little to no need for bandages that also use cloth. It's the Perfect Priest Profession. Getting materials isn't so bad.

need so much frostweave to make one bag to get one skill point, it's ridiculous

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Used my Elixir of Ancient Knowledge to get through Outland and a little faster and got ambushed by that random Elite orc escaping from a disatrous dungeon to die only 2 minutes after using the potion.

=V =V =V

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Fuck I finally soloed ley-guardian on emerald drake but my drake died right before the boss did so I didn't get the achievement I need .

Used my Elixir of Ancient Knowledge to get through Outland and a little faster and got ambushed by that random Elite orc escaping from a disatrous dungeon to die only 2 minutes after using the potion.

=V =V =V

I died in Scarlet Halls (normal) on my mage earlier like 20 minutes at most into the halloween xp buff :(

Sucks that it doesn't carry through death.

Fuck I finally soloed ley-guardian on emerald drake but my drake died right before the boss did so I didn't get the achievement I need .

Haha. I can help you tomorrow maybe, depending on when you're on.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I died in Scarlet Halls (normal) on my mage earlier like 20 minutes at most into the halloween xp buff :(

Sucks that it doesn't carry through death.

Haha. I can help you tomorrow maybe, depending on when you're on.

Don't feel too bad. I have four of the potions.

mclem

Mmmm, small exodus from the guild last night. Four members, good players. I think there was an inevitability to it; as a guild we skew older with full workloads, and so those who charged off and levelled to 90 in a couple of days have been getting frustrated waiting for the guild at large to level and gear up to their standard before we can do raids as a particularly balanced force; my actions were probably a factor too given that I'm loath to deliberately leave slower people behind; I want to avoid propogating a gear gap too far. Of course, now we've avoided that by, well, losing the people with good gear, so it's still not brilliant.

Might yet be a couple more, we'll see. We don't raid the weekend so I suspect some people will use it as a time for introspection. In the meantime, we *really* need healers to get back up to at least a 2x10 level. I'm going to maximum schmooze!

Couldn't down Feng last night with the lower-geared healers, but I think they just don't have the output yet to keep up with the particularly brutal healing after the unbubbled draw flame.

Fjordson

Got my ring from the headless horseman!

Also, just for kicks, I tried out survival for a bit since that was my spec back in my prime raiding days. DPS was much higher (yeah, running recount on the headless horseman, I'm dumb). Debating on whether I should just stick with survival since I'm way more comfortable with the rotation or just find a way to stop sucking at beast mastery.

Wubby

I'm about 15% into 87 with 22.5m saved up in rested. I'm just not enjoying leveling AT ALL. I want to do dungeons and shit, but I can't get myself to do these quests. Ugh.

This is me too!!! I actually have two toons at 87 though. Did all the quests possible in Jade forest plus lots of mining/herbing along the way. Am now in the next zone but just can't bring myself to go on. I'm getting annoyed at all these here's two quests do these before you get the next two. I just want to get a bunch at once. This back and forth is annoying. I leveled these same two in cata 100% 80-85 Archaeology for one and herbing the other.

But then I discovered pet battles. Running round collecting pets is all I've been doing since. I've picked up three rare minfernals and many rares of pets that are hard to get. Finished outland tamer and have most of kalimdor/EK done. Moving to Northrend as soon as I get some rare versions of outland pets that elude me (flayer).

Robin64

Ghostcrawler has just said there are no bat mounts because the model for bats is bad and needs updating. So what's the excuse for the fucking atrocious wyvern mounts, I wonder?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Ghostcrawler has just said there are no bat mounts because the model for bats is bad and needs updating. So what's the excuse for the fucking atrocious wyvern mounts, I wonder?

Because they've been there since the beginning of flying mounts? Blizzard isn't going to remove them just because they're ugly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom