• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is something I've been wondering about too. Even rogues have their own spot but there is nothing worthwhile to do there.

As a former Rogue player who was used to class specific quests from EQ and DAoC, I was super surprised at the lack of things to do at Ravenhold back then.

I loved the Peak of Serenity when I was leveling my Monk, though. It's strange to me that they went in the direction of removing class quests rather than introducing MORE of them.

Robin64

PTR schedule of the Thunder Isle zone. It's sped up from how it will end up:

Active – PTR set to stage 0. The Sunreavers and Kirin-Tor will besiege the island from offshore.
Feb 8 – PTR set to Stage 1. You’ll be able to conquer a foothold on the island itself.
Feb 12– PTR set to stage 2. With your help, Jaina and Lor’themar will blast the walls and infiltrate the outer city.
Feb 15– PTR set to stage 3. Daring players can infiltrate the mines and blast open the doors to the Thunder Forge.
Feb 19 – PTR set to stage 4. Block further Zandalari reinforcements by overtaking the shipyard.
Feb 22 – PTR set to stage 5. Fight your way to the Thunder King’s front door! Jaina and Lor’themar will have a ... reckoning.

I love this sort of stuff, it's going to be excellent on live. Isle of Quel'danas memories flooding back.

FYC

Banned
Finally finished up all my college work and now have a week off to hit 90, woo! 74 right now, hope I can do it.

Robin64

Mmm, nice. Shado-Pan Assault offer 522 gear.

http://ptr.wowdb.com/factions/1435-shado-pan-assault

Remember, this reputation only comes from the raid (including LFR)

Also:

52islandUnlock.png

McNei1y

My guild transferred this expansion for similar reasons. We literally 2 healed almost all of Dragon Soul heroic because we could not find a third healer from recruitment on our medium pop server.

We're on Zul'jin (US) now, but, it's been kinda ehhh to be honest. On our old server we were a big fish in a small pond and now we've became more of a medium sized fish in an ocean. The main point I want to make is that we moved to a high pop server for easier recruitment but it honestly hasn't became THAT much easier, we have barely raided the past couple of months because even though it's a higher pop server there is just way more competition. The past couple of weeks we've finally gotten a stable 10 again, but, one of our best DPS has been healing because we haven't been able to find a competent healer since like November.

Thanks for the input. This is what I am afraid of. I'll make sure to mention to the guild that we should research heavily so we don't run into the same type of troubles. I don't want to do it but I guess I'll log onto the qualifying servers and ask trade chat how it looks. I also don't want to faction change... Orc Warlock for life!

ZenaxPure

Thanks for the input. This is what I am afraid of. I'll make sure to mention to the guild that we should research heavily so we don't run into the same type of troubles. I don't want to do it but I guess I'll log onto the qualifying servers and ask trade chat how it looks. I also don't want to faction change... Orc Warlock for life!

I don't think it matters what faction you are to be honest. Plain old recruitment just sucks if you aren't one of the best guilds on your server when there is more competition. This may come off kind of mean I guess but I will say while we have totally had a slightly easier time recruiting on our new server (just barely though as I said before) there has been a much higher percentage of bad players, one of the reasons we've had trouble getting a stable third healer over the past few months is because every time we find a new one we bring them along and they do, say, like 30k HPS on Garalon and we barely survive. It's been pretty brutal.

Rokam

2 classes in a row where I hit 90 and was instantly disappointed. I really don't like the fury rotation or w/e you want to call it. I think DK has spoiled me for good. Oh well time to return to horde and start farming Ghost Iron and Trillium bars to make some quick gold come 5.2

Ultratech

I've been thinking of transferring off my server (Garithos-US) since the population is HORRIBLY low (seriously, it's the 2nd-least populated server), and it kinda sucks not really making much progress, nor is there much going on there.

Add to the fact that getting Sha/Galleon groups together is an absolute pain, and raiding seems near non-existent since according to wowprogress, only two guilds on the entire server have gone into Heroic content; most everyone else is stuck on Normal HoF. (Which is only 7 other guilds...)

I'd hate to leave since I've had toons on there since Vanilla, but it seems to have really gone downhill in Wrath/Cata. Unless we get an influx of people or they merge some servers (lol no), I don't see much in the way of much else, since the people I knew back in the day are all pretty much gone or went elsewhere.

Tarazet

2 classes in a row where I hit 90 and was instantly disappointed. I really don't like the fury rotation or w/e you want to call it. I think DK has spoiled me for good. Oh well time to return to horde and start farming Ghost Iron and Trillium bars to make some quick gold come 5.2

If you liked how it played at 85, you just need enough gear and then it will feel better than that at 90. That's pretty much how it goes these days, especially for Warriors and Paladins. DK's depend a lot more on abilities rather than melee strikes, so they can be stronger in greens, but scaling with better gear brings it even again. Unless you're Arms. Then you're just fucked.

Touch

I've been thinking of transferring off my server (Garithos-US) since the population is HORRIBLY low (seriously, it's the 2nd-least populated server), and it kinda sucks not really making much progress, nor is there much going on there.

Add to the fact that getting Sha/Galleon groups together is an absolute pain, and raiding seems near non-existent since according to wowprogress, only two guilds on the entire server have gone into Heroic content; most everyone else is stuck on Normal HoF. (Which is only 7 other guilds...)

I'd hate to leave since I've had toons on there since Vanilla, but it seems to have really gone downhill in Wrath/Cata. Unless we get an influx of people or they merge some servers (lol no), I don't see much in the way of much else, since the people I knew back in the day are all pretty much gone or went elsewhere.
Sometimes you just have to do what you have to do. All my toons were Ally Illidan. I couldn't even play the game except for jumping around by myself in Stormwind. So I just didn't have a choice but to leave my original server if I actually wanted to play. Pretty sad but it had to be done.

Rokam

If you liked how it played at 85, you just need enough gear and then it will feel better than that at 90. That's pretty much how it goes these days, especially for Warriors and Paladins. DK's depend a lot more on abilities rather than melee strikes, so they can be stronger in greens, but scaling with better gear brings it even again. Unless you're Arms. Then you're just fucked.

I don't mind doing lower damage starting out, it's more about the rotation itself. Leveling you really don't get in the groove because mobs die too fast. But once you get to the rage pooling , burst periods, and so on I wasn't a fan. That and I'm using a standard 3 button mouse, and there's quite a bit of button bloat with warriors. I kind of thought with how SWTOR was that Blizzard would try to fix that sort of thing, but hell some classes they made it so much worse... see hunters.

But that's alright will just refocus on my DK, maybe try my hand at tanking.
I already ending up tanking most heroics anyways

Tarazet

I don't mind doing lower damage starting out, it's more about the rotation itself. Leveling you really don't get in the groove because mobs die too fast. But once you get to the rage pooling , burst periods, and so on I wasn't a fan. That and I'm using a standard 3 button mouse, and there's quite a bit of button bloat with warriors. I kind of thought with how SWTOR was that Blizzard would try to fix that sort of thing, but hell some classes they made it so much worse... see hunters.

But that's alright will just refocus on my DK, maybe try my hand at tanking.
I already ending up tanking most heroics anyways

If you just want to find out what class suits you the best, try playing around with a 90 on the PTR. I'd suggest a Monk, they're a little unpolished but definitely fun, and try out a Druid bear tank if you haven't, lots of fun. Every class has button bloat; you have to just filter out the weak/situational stuff, concentrate on your core mission and perform it, outside of doing interrupts if the tank can't or isn't.

I discovered the battle pet section on the AH last night. I didn't realize that we can cage up unwanted soulbound pets and resell them. Got a feline familiar for 250g, Egbert (which i've always wanted, but I've never had an active account during children's week) for 1000g, and then i went ahead and got an azure whelpling for 6000. I never see the azure whelpling for sale on my server, so I bit on it. And now 'm never going to be able to save up money ever lol if pets i want keep popping up on the AH.

Tamanon

Banned
I discovered the battle pet section on the AH last night. I didn't realize that we can cage up unwanted soulbound pets and resell them. Got a feline familiar for 250g, Egbert (which i've always wanted, but I've never had an active account during children's week) for 1000g, and then i went ahead and got an azure whelpling for 6000. I never see the azure whelpling for sale on my server, so I bit on it. And now 'm never going to be able to save up money ever lol if pets i want keep popping up on the AH.

Yeah, the Battle Pet AH is how I make starting money on a new server. since I love alts so much, I had like eight Clockwork Gnomes. Now, down to 1 but it helped greatly.

I kind of want to resubscribe to WoW just for this.

Ultratech

I fully expect people not to be happy about it, this being WoW and all.

I wonder if something like that might entice more people to at least try PvP.

Maybe, but it does give them a choice.

For PvE, you get some Valor, some lesser Charms and Rep.
For PvP, you get a nice chunk of Honor, a little Conquest, and a little less Charms and Rep.

I suspect it's to give PvPers some incentive to have the unlocking progress for the Isle go faster.

I check it every day. Any pet that comes from a drop and is less than 2000g is a good deal. Azure at 6k is pretty standard. I was lucky enough to find it for 1k. I love when people don't realize what they've got and price things too low :)

Also love getting great deals on tailoring recipes. There are so few tailors on my server.

Let me get this straight.....I re-sub while owning every expansion but in order to play with my starter account character I have to buy the game AGAIN?! Then my sub still doesn't apply so they expect me to pay 30 dollars in subs to use my own character under a single account and login. Otherwise I pay 25 dollars for the privilege of not having to pay 2 subs? How is this legal? This is worse than horse armor and on-disk dlc.

daedalius

Let me get this straight.....I re-sub while owning every expansion but in order to play with my starter account character I have to buy the game AGAIN?! Then my sub still doesn't apply so they expect me to pay 30 dollars in subs to use my own character under a single account and login. Otherwise I pay 25 dollars for the privilege of not having to pay 2 subs? How is this legal? This is worse than horse armor and on-disk dlc.

Sounds like you should talk to customer service instead of just throwing money at it.

You shouldn't have to do any of that.

It's a separate license. It's one single log on, but you now have two accounts within that domain. You don't just get multiple free accounts that you can use all for one subscription.

Next time don't make a character on a new account. Make it on your original account.

Trickster

watching sco streaming ptr lfr with his viewers. Jesus I hope they nerf that shit or it will be several times worse than garalon...

Westlo

2nd time doing Vault of Mysteries LFR on my Warrior, get Kings Breastplate first boss and my second Star Shatter off Elegon.. going for a hat-trick!

Edit - Hat-trick denied :( Still first time I've received more then 1 item in a LFR run. Guess I can now give Fury a try with my Warrior since I have 2 ilevel 476 2h epics.

Enosh

watching sco streaming ptr lfr with his viewers. Jesus I hope they nerf that shit or it will be several times worse than garalon...
I think once there are guides out and more than 2 people in raid actually know what to do it will be much smoother, everyone was saying how the 5.0 raids will be oh so hard from their ptr experience but it was kinda easy outside of the 2 or so bosses

also I am kinda a newb when it comes to this stuff, but is the blue honor gear stuff better than 496 epics for pvp? mostly talking about random BGs and some 2vs2 to cap here, not some crazy 2.2k RBG ^^

2nd time doing Vault of Mysteries LFR on my Warrior, get Kings Breastplate first boss and my second Star Shatter off Elegon.. going for a hat-trick!

Edit - Hat-trick denied :( Still first time I've received more then 1 item in a LFR run. Guess I can now give Fury a try with my Warrior since I have 2 ilevel 476 2h epics.

grats. i would like to see a single piece of tier drop at least once. tier should be the easiest thing to get in lfr. but with the changes after cata, it's harder now. so jealous every time i see players with 2 pieces and i can't even get one to drop. i did all the raids this week and only one item dropped that was a duplicate.

Brofist

Man just as was ready to put this game down for a bit until 5.2, a Blood Soaked Invitation drops and now I'm addicted to the Brawler's Guild. This is a great idea, and should definitely be expanded on in the future. Stuck on rank 7 GG Engineers, kind of a pain with a rogue mixed with some bad luck.

Berordn

Man just as was ready to put this game down for a bit until 5.2, a Blood Soaked Invitation drops and now I'm addicted to the Brawler's Guild. This is a great idea, and should definitely be expanded on in the future. Stuck on rank 7 GG Engineers, kind of a pain with a rogue mixed with some bad luck.

The secret's to have them hit each other with the rockets.

Rank 7 does have some pretty hefty DPS requirements though.

Rokam

That whole sha/galleon mount mess is hilarious.

Blizzard: No no it's working as intended.
People: No mount has dropped since launch
-5 Threads and one non-Tuesday quick server maintenance later-
First Sha mount drops.

GG Blizzard.

Ultratech

First Sha mount drops.

GG Blizzard.

Not terribly surprising it was bugged. (They had issues with certain items not dropping from Raids earlier that got fixed eventually.)

What is surprising is that it was bugged for so long.

First Sha mount drops.

GG Blizzard.

I just saw the thread this afternoon. I thought I had shitty luck... which I do... but it was their fault. :/

Rokam

All those sha kills wasted! Oh well now I have 5 characters to farm him on!

Edit: Start doing Valentine's day boss for chance at mount! 480 neck too.

Rokam

Once a day per characters so hopefully you have alts!

Fastest hotfix ever by the way, you were able to DE the necks for sha crystals, already changed it so you can't anymore :(.

So let me get this straight for 5.2...

Wrathion is going to ask that EVERYONE gets him a shit ton of ghost ore and trillium bars.

Everyone...

... not only from mining people but from every other person who doesn't have mining instead of asking for an amount of something that's relevant to their profession?

Am I wrong? Cause to me... that seems really messed up in terms of miners cornering the market and no one else will be able to complete it without being gold raped.

First Sha mount drops.

GG Blizzard.

So the mount was bugged the whole time? LAAAAAAAWL

So the patch is dropping when? I need to mine up some ghost iron.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom