• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robin64

I like how storage has already been an issue for some time and then, with the addition of transmog, what is blizz doing a lot of in MoP? Handing out a lot of random toy crap that i don't have room for.

Not to mention the insane amount of cooking crap you need to have if you have any interest in levelling that. Ugh.

Entropia

No One Remembers
What event is the one in July/August where a bunch of blizzard info is released? I remember Cataclysm being announced in huge amounts a few years back during the summer months.

Blizzcon '05 - October (BC)
Blizzcon '07 - August (Wrath)
Blizzcon '08 - October (Nothing)
Blizzcon '09 - August (Cata)
Blizzcon '10 - October (Nothing)
Blizzcon '11 - October (MoP)
Blizzcon '13 - November

Slayerx

I highly doubt they will announce Titan at Blizzcon, they won't take the spotlight away from WoW expansion like that because it's still their cash cow. If it's a 2013 reveal much more likely they would hold a WWI like they did for SC2 and D3. Also MoP would have been out for 14 months in November, they will probably have a lot to show for X5.

Jrmint

You can go to the cooking trainer vendor in Pandaria and level cooking to 525 in 10 minutes using only items you buy there.

http://www.tarouwowguides.com/wow-cooking-guide-1-600-leveling-mop-cooking-leveling-guide

See the section about Sungshin Ironpaw.
I think he means the amount of stuff for 525 onward. For the high level recipes you need a plant item, a meat item, a fish item and the cooking token item. You typically need 5-10 of each of those too. Leveling up the different 'ways' of cooking definitely requires a lot of mats.

Enosh

stupid real life probably killing another guild I am in -.-

first we loose one of our best dps since he got a new job and he couldn't do our raid times anymore, now we lost the GM to the same situation

might have to go looking for a new guild soon, will see how this will work out...

ZenaxPure

I think he means the amount of stuff for 525 onward. For the high level recipes you need a plant item, a meat item, a fish item and the cooking token item. You typically need 5-10 of each of those too. Leveling up the different 'ways' of cooking definitely requires a lot of mats.

And this is why it makes me happy to have my own personal guild bank haha. It's a terrible solution since that's not a realistic option for everyone (also it's meant to be a GUILD bank for a group of people and all) but I don't know how I would live without it this expansion, there is a few hundred items in it that I use for various professions (granted some of that is with alts as well).

Jrmint

stupid real life probably killing another guild I am in -.-

first we loose one of our best dps since he got a new job and he couldn't do our raid times anymore, now we lost the GM to the same situation

might have to go looking for a new guild soon, will see how this will work out...
If you're open to server transferring my 10 man raid guild is currently recruiting a competent dps for 5.2.

We're on Horde Whisperwind. Pst me tonight if you like - Jrmint

Enosh

nah don't have the money neither the credit card to transfer
plus dps is only my OS, I am MS tank and I don't want to play horde :p
also EU not US, should have written that one first

still thanks for the offer ^^
anyway said that I'll stick around to 5.2 to see how stuff turns out, if we not raiding by second week I am out

edit:
wowscrnshot021913225214.jpg

only I am capable to loose on a 100 roll -.-
fml

Entropia

No One Remembers
nah don't have the money neither the credit card to transfer
plus dps is only my OS, I am MS tank and I don't want to play horde :p
also EU not US, should have written that one first

still thanks for the offer ^^
anyway said that I'll stick around to 5.2 to see how stuff turns out, if we not raiding by second week I am out

edit:
wowscrnshot021913225214.jpg

only I am capable to loose on a 100 roll -.-
fml

Brutal!

I found it funny how my Pally had a quicker time getting into an 85 LFR then he did for a random Mists dungeon at 85 a month ago lol

Rokam

Man what the hell is going on, just started Northern Barrens, there's about 20 of us in this first questing area. I feel like I may have missed something that's causing everyone and their dog to level today.

ZenaxPure

Man what the hell is going on, just started Northern Barrens, there's about 20 of us in this first questing area. I feel like I may have missed something that's causing everyone and their dog to level today.

CRZ? I tend to see a lot of people nowadays when I am traveling the world, just folks from a different server is all. I don't know how it works on a technical side but it seems especially prominent when I invite my friend to a party who is in on a different server.

Rokam

Even with CRZ I have never seen this many people leveling. It's kind of insane. Maybe it's just because I always tend to head to Silverpine to level after I hit 12 and never bother with barrens.

ZenaxPure

Maybe! There are certainly a lot more horde races funneled through the barrens as opposed to silverpine if you follow from the starting zones.

Which reminds me, is the dark portal just some clusterfuck on every server? I pass by there at least once a day looking for that damn scorpid pet that spawns behind the portal and even on my pve server there is always like 50+ skeletons on the ground from some massive crz pvp. I'm pretty sure the dark portal is the new secret southshore.

Dark Portal is popular because taking the portal there just dumps you into a unsafe area (compared to every? other portal)

It's also the choke point into Outland. Unless you have a Mage port or a hearth out there, you'll have to go through the Dark Portal. The only other way I can currently think of is the necklace from the raid questline that ports you to Black Temple, but not many people would have that since it's quite a bit of work.

Combine with CRZ and well…

The other tempting thing about it is lots of low level people being funneled through there, so easy griefing targets that probably can't fly yet.

Rokam

They should really make the Dark Portal a sanctuary, or at least the spot where you zone in. I'm on a shitty computer so I'm typically dead before I can even move. Add in the skeletons and I don't stand a chance due to the massive amount of graphics lag.

Apparently engineering is getting a catch up mechanism as well:
Q. PTR Changes to Blacksmith leveling are inspired. Can we see Tailoring & Leatherworking getting the same treatment?
A. If the Blacksmithing and Engingeering ones are popular, we'll keep expanding it.

cdyhybrid

Thinking of coming back for the first time since early Cata. Good friend still plays and he told me there's a legit PUG raid mechanism now. Main reason I quit before is because I didn't want to dedicate the long hours required to stay on the raiding roster. With this I could just progress/gear up at my own pace and eventually do PUG raids.

My days of having the drive to get server firsts and shit died in Vanilla, so I would just want to see the fights at this point.

Want to play a DPS class, thinking Rogue or Monk but I'm not really sure. Ideally something relatively simple and fun to play and do well at. Not planning on PvPing at all, have other games for that.

Anyone have any thoughts/advice?

Hoplatee

I have a technical question. I don't know if its my CPU or GPU, but in certain instances my FPS tanks. Places like Sha of Anger, AV and Isle of Conquest(when huge battles going on), sometimes my FPS dips 12-13. Pretty unplayable.

Thoughts?

This is my PC

Operating System Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64Bit, English
Processor and Graphics AMD Phenom™ II X6 1090T + ATI Radeon™ HD 5770 1GB
Memory 6GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1333MHz - 4 DIMMS

It probably has to do with nameplates. As stupid as that might sound.

When I turn them off and on again it fixes it for me. Maybe that works for you as well?

Note that I never did PVP but I did notice this issue when I did Sha many times since I had to tank so many adds.

Even with CRZ I have never seen this many people leveling. It's kind of insane. Maybe it's just because I always tend to head to Silverpine to level after I hit 12 and never bother with barrens.
You guys made me want to jump on an alt and level a bit last night. So I started playing my level 24 rogue. Went into Blackfathom Deeps and the group got to the doors to the last boss and forgot how to open them, lol. Went around killing everything else in the dungeon and then remembered that all we had to do was click on the 4 torches... blah.. Gained like 3-4 levels though so i guess it wasn't a complete loss.

Later I switched back to my main and farmed dirt mounds. Finally achieved best friends status with all the tiller npc's. Loving my farm. Still need to hit exalted though to get the last 4 plots. They really need to expand this part of the game. It's a lot of fun. Nothing like a bit of animal crossing /harvest moon in wow to entertain the masses.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Thinking of coming back for the first time since early Cata. Good friend still plays and he told me there's a legit PUG raid mechanism now. Main reason I quit before is because I didn't want to dedicate the long hours required to stay on the raiding roster. With this I could just progress/gear up at my own pace and eventually do PUG raids.

My days of having the drive to get server firsts and shit died in Vanilla, so I would just want to see the fights at this point.

This is the LFR system which is nice in that you can do raids on your own terms. It's similar to the LFD system, but in a raid environment.

Want to play a DPS class, thinking Rogue or Monk but I'm not really sure. Ideally something relatively simple and fun to play and do well at. Not planning on PvPing at all, have other games for that.

The Monk DPS spec is fairly simple once you get the hang of it. I don't really like playing Rogues so I can't give you a good response on playing them.

Bizazedo

So my casual guild has embarked upon 25 man raids. I, and many in the guild, find them far more enjoyable. Vaults has seemed pretty neat (and I acknowledge we probably "outgear" it mostly at this point, but again, casual guild, so low skill ceiling).

And then we hit Will.

Elegon we downed on the second night, but I just don't see Will happening prior to 5.2, mainly because our issue has ALWAYS been DPS. Our DPS output is never stellar, always some holding us back, and on 25 man 4 of the little dudes spawn (and 2 each of Courage and Strengths, been too long I don't remember if it's one or two for them normally on LFR / 10 man).

So far 17% before we all go down :(.

Ah well, see what HoF has in store.

ZenaxPure

The Monk DPS spec is fairly simple once you get the hang of it. I don't really like playing Rogues so I can't give you a good response on playing them.

Rogue isn't a bad choice, all three specs are very easy to learn the basics, but all 3 also have depth and skillful play to them. Personally if you want something realllllllly simple I would suggest enhancement shaman. I haven't played them this expansion but in cata you could pretty much roll your face on the keyboard and do stupid dps.

Elegon we downed on the second night, but I just don't see Will happening prior to 5.2, mainly because our issue has ALWAYS been DPS. Our DPS output is never stellar, always some holding us back, and on 25 man 4 of the little dudes spawn (and 2 each of Courage and Strengths, been too long I don't remember if it's one or two for them normally on LFR / 10 man).

This is actually why I don't really like 25 mans anymore. It's pretty hard to get an entire raid full of awesome dps nowadays, before me and some friends made our own guild in cata our current guild at the time was trying to become a 25 man guild and our first attempt at this was magmaw where we hit the enrage timer. Was pretty embarrassing.

Bizazedo

Yeah, I actually think the enrage timers, be they normal or soft, were tuned a bit too tightly for the casual guilds.

Just because I and a few others can put up the necessary numbers doesn't mean the confused DPS from Hoboken, New Jersey can :(.

And it's a shame, imo, since the guys who just aren't good enough to hit the DPS #'s are getting the movement and mechanics down. And I'd bet half of it is due to mistakes in gemming, reforging, enchantments, or talents.

The 10% nerf in 5.2 should fix that, though.

Tarazet

Yes, there is an LFR mechanic which lets you queue up for the MoP raids. They're dumbed down, and you don't have to be as good or as aware as you need to be in normal modes, but you can still get killed at certain points if you don't obey the mechanics.

As far as class choice, if you just want to do good damage out of the box, roll a Frost Death Knight, brush up a bit on the proper rotation and stat priority at Noxxic, and you'll outperform 90% of players at 90 in greens. However, if you have a brain and would like to utilize it to play the game better, I recommend a healer-hybrid type. They're just massively more survivable and have better utility than the pure DPS, with the tradeoff that they're a bit harder to play and do less damage on the top end (5-10%).

As an example, my main is a Druid. The tank spec is not too different from other tanks; however, the Feral spec is basically a Rogue with mountains of self-healing added. You have a passive heal that works on hit, plus a proc that lets you pull a free, instant Healing Touch every time you do a 5-point finisher. Add the Dream of Cenarius talent, and that free heal also buffs your next two melee abilities (including bleeds) by 50%. Or, you can take Heart of the Wild and be as good as a dedicated healer for 45 seconds. The class does require a ton of gear to be any good though.

That's just one example; Monks also heal as part of their standard rotation and build Chi from it. Shamans can get a bonus to their damage if they're standing in their own Healing Rain. Paladins get a variety of nifty healing abilities. Shadow Priests can use level 90 healing abilities which are stupidly powerful. The pure DPS classes don't get anything like that.

Berordn

Just drive-by posting to say that Rogue and Monk are pretty far from simple DPS specs. Rogue has a thousand things to keep track of and Windwalker Chi management has a learning curve.

cdyhybrid

Decided to go with a Monk. Too much flashback from my EQ days. Only level 12ish but enjoying it so far. I have the full heirloom set so it shouldn't take me too long to get going.

I played a Rogue for a looooong time so I was pretty familiar with it already. Trying something new might have been subconsciously part of my decision. Also already played and raided with a DK and a Fury War.

My only complaint so far is Pandas aren't the best looking race ever in armor. They've definitely got the beer belly, haha.

Speaking of heirloom gear, what is the fastest way to get it now? I thought I had a full set of leather heirloom gear but it turns out I only had the shoulders.

cdyhybrid

Speaking of heirloom gear, what is the fastest way to get it now? I thought I had a full set of leather heirloom gear but it turns out I only had the shoulders.

Can buy everything except the weapons for gold off the guild vendor, I think you have to be honored with your guild. Weapons cost Justice Points.

ZenaxPure

Like it's been stated you can't get everything from the guild vendor. Heirloom chests and shoulders still have to be bought from JP or PVP vendors.

Easiest way to get those and the weapons are just whatever you find to be the fastest. If you are a tank the easiest way is probably 5 mans, as a healer 5 mans are a good bet too. For DPS if you are on a medium to low pop server (like my situation) I found the fastest way to farm honor (and JP) is to kill the 3 new krasarang wild rare spawns every time they spawn (which is roughly 30 mins to an hour) and do scenarios or BGs in between. Remember you can exchange honor for JP and JP for honor. I've bought a few heirlooms and upgraded a few items solely just from killing the new rare spawns a lot.

Tamanon

Banned
Pretty sure you can also buy heirlooms with Darkmoon Faire tickets.

Correct, all the current JP heirlooms are available for tickets. Usually takes 2 months of the faire to get one though.

It's why I just have alts go through the faire whenever I can. Lets me stockpile.

Well if we're going through everything, you can also get heirlooms from the Tourney seals as well lol.

That's actually the only one I knew of. :lol That's why I asked cause I remember hearing about new ones in cata that I never ended up getting to. So I figured there was a faster way at this point.

ZenaxPure

I'm starting to resent what this game is turning into :(

I'm not even sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing in this context, personally I am actually glad there is going to be some sort of heavy grindy thing in the game again, grinding for bones will make a good podcast pastime. I mean, it's not like the mount from the end of it is as super important as say opening the next raid tier to the entire server.

Bizazedo

Yeah I can't wait to grind out Silithid Carapace FragmentDinosaur Bones for the next 3 months.

I'm starting to resent what this game is turning into :(

You say that, but if they went back to the old ways and made it so you had to key / become flagged for things and required 5 man dungeons almost as hard as a challenge mode (and longer), the blood and vitriol in this thread would be epic.

So, to follow through with that, if you can't do that, and you don't want to collect bones, what else do you do?

You say that, but if they went back to the old ways and made it so you had to key / become flagged for things and required 5 man dungeons almost as hard as a challenge mode (and longer), the blood and vitriol in this thread would be epic.

I'd love it frankly if we went back to things like the 45 minute Baron run or Shattered Halls executioner run. Challenge Modes are the best things in the game right now, hands down. The rewards are a little thin, which is what keeps them from being as amazing as they could be. This is the content I want from Blizzard, not more progress bars to fill up via grinding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom