• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamanon

Banned
I remember them announcing that 90 lesser charms now buys you 6 greater, and that the cap for the Greater Charms would be bumped up to 20.

But I'd have to dig through MMOC to find where exactly they said that.

90 now buys you the new token for the Thunder King raids instead.

Bizazedo

I'd forgotten about that post, and now I'm not really sure. It's probably another way for them to remove "hard decisions" from the game, because up yours critical thinking.

Hilarity.

But now that they're giving Warriors 100% more of an effect from haste, I don't know how to gear / gem!

About to get Glory of the Hero for a Red Proto Drake.

Just need to find 4 others to get the Share the Love achievement (Defeat Gal'darah in Gundrak on Heroic Difficulty and have 5 unique party members get impaled throughout the fight).

Do you guys think advertising on trade chat and offering 50g per player is a good way to do it?

Bizazedo

About to get Glory of the Hero for a Red Proto Drake.

Just need to find 4 others to get the Share the Love achievement (Defeat Gal'darah in Gundrak on Heroic Difficulty and have 5 unique party members get impaled throughout the fight).

Do you guys think advertising on trade chat and offering 50g per player is a good way to do it?

Hilarious, that's one of only two I still need.

That would probably work (no guildmates?). I am currently trading sexual favors, myself.

Are you Horde? I am sure myself + others here would help, too. Me because I also need it, others because they're so helpful and kindhearted.

Hilarious, that's one of only two I still need.

That would probably work (no guildmates?). I am currently trading sexual favors, myself.

Are you Horde? I am sure myself + others here would help, too. Me because I also need it, others because they're so helpful and kindhearted.

Alliance :(

And my guild is pure PvP and usually busy in RBGs.

Any Alliance folks here want to help? I'll probably be online around 9pm CST tonight.

And let me guess, the other one you need is "Lockdown!"

Naw, it's the kill 100 skeletons in Culling of Stratholme :(. I was really lazy back in the day.

Figures Alliance. I got my RBG's done for the week and Monday is my "free" day.

That one is easy! Run the dungeon as normal but pull the second boss into the inn and wait ~30 seconds for the previous zombies to respawn. Then keep progressing and right after you instruct Arthas to open the bookshelf, go back to the beginning and pull ALL zombies all the way back to the next area beyond the opened bookcase. Once the zombies catch up, blast everyone in sight! You'd even have time to still get the bronze drake if you didn't already have it ;)

Does anyone know where to get the best information for multiboxing? I am thinking of activating my 3 accounts to try out some triple box action ... possibly Monks or Shaman.

Knch

Does anyone know where to get the best information for multiboxing? I am thinking of activating my 3 accounts to try out some triple box action ... possibly Monks or Shaman.

http://isboxer.com/forum/ - Been using isboxer to dualbox several RAF teams the past 3 months on two computers (and it worked great.) There are free alternatives, but isboxer is definitely worth it (and gets updated constantly.)

(Just make sure to stay away from pwnboxer, there's something seriously wrong with it's registration system and it's just not as good - his vids are nice though, forum here: http://multiboxing.com/forums/)

profit

resubbed again cause I had that WoW itch :).
Planning on levelling my druid a bit further (85 now).
Now I've been searching but I can not find it anywhere. Is it possible now to show some kind of gear while in feral form? I thought it was but I just cant find it....

Entropia

No One Remembers
resubbed again cause I had that WoW itch :).
Planning on levelling my druid a bit further (85 now).
Now I've been searching but I can not find it anywhere. Is it possible now to show some kind of gear while in feral form? I thought it was but I just cant find it....

Only if you have the Incarnation talent, which is a cooldown :( Your form goes all wicked awesome looking.

Yeah I can't deny that, not one of my personal favorites but it is probably the most unique mount in the expansion.

Consider those extra a buffer. Once you are done with dailies because you're exalted/sick of them/hate them in general/whatever you can just sit on those extra over time. A lot of us completely finished all the reps (besides the 5.1 one obviously) in October/November but we had so many charms that we are just now getting to the point where we have to do dailies again to refill the 90 we need each week.

Personally at the rate I was going I would have ran out in about 3 more weeks, so 5.2 is going to have good timing for me.
You also use the Lesser Charms to buy the new Mogue Charms of Fate or w/e...so in theory you can spend 180 a week now.

Think of it as an Elder coin for the new LFR / raids.

Additionally, I (think) remember you being able to use Elder charms on +rep items, but I wasn't really paying attention too much to those items when I was on the PTR.

(Btw, your comments indicate you have 10 already? Others correct me if I'm wrong, but if you run LFR again you can use those excess coins :) ).

They said PvP season ends on the 5th, so it better be then.

Okay that's good enough for me. Thanks :)
I believe they said you can no longer spend lesser charms on the default elder charms in 5.2 as they can be found in abundance on the new island anyway (also wonder if this means they are removing the cap on them?)

Yep, this is a good thing to note as well, you can always use coins even on bosses you've completed that week. Pretty much the entire month of January I was using all 3 of my weekly coins on Lei Shi since she had 3 items I needed.
Is this for real? I had no idea. So I can just use the 3 coins per week on one boss by doing the instance two more times? Dang the things I wish I had known beforehand lol.

EDIT:
Also, since my old raiding guild died in cata and there are only like 3 people that consistently log on nowadays, the guild is missing max skinning and max engineering for the heirloom leggings perk. So I decided to work on getting my rogue to max level so that I can knock off the skinning part. The reason I even bring this up is because I've decided I really like riding around on the azure crane. And this is a big deal for me because I've pretty much thought that all the ground bird mounts are hideous. In fact, I still do lol. But the coloring on the azure crane is very catchy. So now I'm riding an ugly bird lol. Question, how do you take higher res screenshots from the game? Mine always turn out hideous. The below was taking at night,which doesn't help, but even still.
azure_crane_zps6cd42f6f.jpg

ZenaxPure

Yeah, if you just run the instance again you can use the token there. Until I got my dagger from Lei Shi I used all my tokens on her.

I need heavy leather and it's expensive on the AH and a pain to farm. Any suggestions on where to go? Dustwallow Marsh appears to be the best from comments on wowhead.
Yeah, if you just run the instance again you can use the token there. Until I got my dagger from Lei Shi I used all my tokens on her.
Well crap. That is the only thing I've been wanting to drop (tsulong 1h-sword I mean) before the patch so that I could upgrade it. I would have been doing that for the last month had i known. aw well. Not the end of the world. I'm an uber slow learner. Again though, thanks!

Westlo

Regarding Kalecgos, at this point we don't know if the developers have any plans to change him or any other bosses, but we'll ask them and share with you any news if that's the case.
Just a small update this, which should hopefully come as good news... A last minute fix was made to patch 5.2.0 that should allow players to solo the Kalecgos encounter in The Sunwell.

Nice.

Finally, there are the new crafted item level 522 epic items for the Head and Foot slots, which require a new reagent Haunting Spirit, which is a likely successor to the Blood Spirits.

Time to sell those 57 Blood Spirits I just bought! 850g atm so if it doesn't lose or improve price for the next week that's a 10k profit.

Damn, might do that with Tsulongs caster dagger this week to give myself 4 chances at it, buy knowing my luck I'll get sidegrades or repeats... that dagger is an upgrade for me but I mainly want it for the transmog since I'll hopefully replace it fairly quickly in 5.2....

Not to spam up the thread, but i was going through random screenshots i've taken in the past month and I thought the perspective on this one was cool with the serious look on the npc's face. Mysterious panda woman. Who are you!?
mysterious_panda_woman_zps4afae96e.jpg

Westlo

Are they ever going to fix the Black Auction House so that it isn't full of garbage? I mean today I see 3 Naxx items + 10 thousand Brawlers Guild invitations... but most of the time I see 1 naxx item, 1 crappy argent tourny faction pet that is way cheaper on the AH and a load of Brawlers Guild invites.. which is crap.

Slayerx

Druid_omg.gif

I want this thing so bad, wonder what it looks like on a worgen.

Also, off-topic, but......
http://penny-arcade.com/report/editorial-article/yep-blizzard-is-showing-something-new-and-interesting-at-pax-east
“As mentioned in the invite, this is a little something, different from what we’ve previously announced or talked about, and not a sequel, etc,” I was told. I also confirmed that Diablo 3 will be at PAX East, but again, this is something different.
Some have guessed that we’ll see Blizzard All-Stars, but that’s something that was previously announced. So what’s left?

What could this be :O

Westlo

Being stuck on item level 469 really sucks ass, heck my bro quit playing when his lock was stuck on that point... also happened to my alt, and since it's my alt no way I'm doing any dailies (tillers aside) without the double rep in effect. Can't buy anything of the AH to improve the situation except for those 496 epic bracers... had to switch faction to buy one @ a decent price (16k vs 30k) and they are Paladin bracers which my warrior can't use...

thank fuck you can still cheat the LFR item check by just having stuff in your bag, as soon as I get something to make me 470+ legit, back on the AH you go.

I guess I could've wasted valor on the item increase.. but my warriors only on 1500 and I want 2500 heading into the patch... amulet @ neutral + trinket and ring ASAP.

Rokam

You could use JP to upgrade a blue piece since that shit is useless anyways. Currently JP capped on 2 characters and 1k away on a 3rd.

Question, how do you take higher res screenshots from the game? Mine always turn out hideous. The below was taking at night,which doesn't help, but even still.
azure_crane_zps6cd42f6f.jpg
Use this command:

/console screenshotQuality 10

The default is 3, and 10 is max. You can also change the value permanently in your config file. Also, before taking screenshots, max out the graphics quality. Your FPS may drop but it will make the shots look nice.

Bizazedo

Being stuck on item level 469 really sucks ass, heck my bro quit playing when his lock was stuck on that point... also happened to my alt, and since it's my alt no way I'm doing any dailies (tillers aside) without the double rep in effect. Can't buy anything of the AH to improve the situation except for those 496 epic bracers... had to switch faction to buy one @ a decent price (16k vs 30k) and they are Paladin bracers which my warrior can't use...

thank fuck you can still cheat the LFR item check by just having stuff in your bag, as soon as I get something to make me 470+ legit, back on the AH you go.

I guess I could've wasted valor on the item increase.. but my warriors only on 1500 and I want 2500 heading into the patch... amulet @ neutral + trinket and ring ASAP.

On the bright side, once the patch drops you can immediately buy a 522 neck using Valor.

Sometimes it's nice having friends in other guilds.

I got a whisper from someone I've casually joked with last night asking me if I wanted to fill in for a DPS spot they were missing. Hadn't raided with them before and thought it was a nice offer since he knew I really haven't bothered with any normal mode stuff - been all LFR this expansion. Figured why not and it turned out to be a good time. Made me miss raiding again instead of avoiding it with my current guild.

It's also got me considering leaving my guild. Been in it since Lich though so it's kinda hard. Still has some great people in it but it doesn't have the same comradery it used to. Raiding with the other guys last night really made me see that.

Sometimes it's nice having friends in other guilds.

I got a whisper from someone I've casually joked with last night asking me if I wanted to fill in for a DPS spot they were missing. Hadn't raided with them before and thought it was a nice offer since he knew I really haven't bothered with any normal mode stuff - been all LFR this expansion. Figured why not and it turned out to be a good time. Made me miss raiding again instead of avoiding it with my current guild.

It's also got me considering leaving my guild. Been in it since Lich though so it's kinda hard. Still has some great people in it but it doesn't have the same comradery it used to. Raiding with the other guys last night really made me see that.

Man you sound just like me. I like my guild, but all they ever do is RBGs. I haven't raided much because of that, but I had an awesome time last night running through some of Naxx for the first time. It was just me (mage) and a warrior, tearing it up in there. Some really fun stuff dropped too.

CassSept

Wow, this trailer proves once more that at last they know again what to do with the game. MoP is turning out much better than anyone could have suspected

ZenaxPure

Yeah, I'm happy to see them doing another trailer in this style. Ulduar and Firelands trailers always stood out to me for being super lore heavy and interesting, I wish they would do it for all the patches.

edit, actually forgot about the black temple one too. That one was also amazing despite me having no real love for the raid itself.

cdyhybrid

Underwhelming from a lore point of view. I feel zero connection to Jaina after killing what were likely innocent people in her name and I don't even know who this Sunreaver guy is. I guess the Thunder King is a bad enough dude, but who are these other losers in his raid instance and why should I care?
Troll Dungeon v.7.0

Man you sound just like me. I like my guild, but all they ever do is RBGs. I haven't raided much because of that, but I had an awesome time last night running through some of Naxx for the first time. It was just me (mage) and a warrior, tearing it up in there. Some really fun stuff dropped too.

It's been bugging me all morning so I just sent my GM a text telling her that I planned on leaving but I'll hang on in the guild for another week while she gets settled after just moving. The more I thought about how happy I had been playing with these other guys, I just couldn't see myself really promoting the current guild when I was mentally done. As long as I don't log on and find myself de-guilded, it'll give me some time to let the others know what I'm up to if they ever need me.

I feel like I'm leaving a marriage and she has full custody of the kids. *chuckles*

McNei1y

Underwhelming from a lore point of view. I feel zero connection to Jaina after killing what were likely innocent people in her name and I don't even know who this Sunreaver guy is. I guess the Thunder King is a bad enough dude, but who are these other losers in his raid instance and why should I care?

I didn't watch the trailer but the storyline of the Thunder King is described in a questline in Kun-Lai. Trolls and Mogu joined together which magic or something. They stole his body from the tomb of Kings and brought him to that Island of Reckoning or whatever and resurrected him. I don't remember it exactly, but that's pretty much the questline. The last quest is Thunder King rezzing in an in-game cutscene. When you get to the island, he's nowhere to be found.

Rokam

I didn't watch the trailer but the storyline of the Thunder King is described in a questline in Kun-Lai. Trolls and Mogu joined together which magic or something. They stole his body from the tomb of Kings and brought him to that Island of Reckoning or whatever and resurrected him. I don't remember it exactly, but that's pretty much the questline. The last quest is Thunder King rezzing in an in-game cutscene. When you get to the island, he's nowhere to be found.

Correct, those saying there was no build up clearly didn't quest or hell even kill Garajal in MSV where he mentions he'll return. The entire council fight is full of trolls we've faced before or at least heard of via lore. The very first boss in the instance is a troll from Vanilla WoW who had originally helped us.

I've done just about every quest in the game from Vanilla and through every expansion. Throne of Thunder's story still rests on thinner shoulders than the weaving they did from the Death of Hakkar > Resurrection of the Zandalari > Redemption of the Zandalari > Gun'Drak.

You're talking about lore spanning 3 different expansions versus this sudden connection between the Zandalari and Lei Shen.

Rokam

I've done just about every quest in the game from Vanilla and through every expansion. Throne of Thunder's story still rests on thinner shoulders than the weaving they did from the Death of Hakkar > Resurrection of the Zandalari > Redemption of the Zandalari > Gun'Drak.

You're talking about lore spanning 3 different expansions versus this sudden connection between the Zandalari and Lei Shen.

You're comparing 3 expansions worth of lore to new lore, of course it's going to be more fleshed out. And they've put in quite a bit of lore about the alliance between the Zandalari and Mogu, with more coming in 5.2.

What's missing is a hero to rally around. Jaina isn't cutting it and I don't know what the Horde's take on that blood elf fellow is. MSV is a big tomb plundering expedition. Heart of Fear is missing a hero. Terrace is an abbreviated Sunwell minus both Kalecgos and Anveena.

Thrall was at least the protagonist in name of the Cataclysm arcs. You had Tyrion in Wrath and the Naaru, their disciples and the Ashtongue in Burning Crusade. I miss having that heroic pillar to set the theme of the expansion. I get that Lei Shen wants to enslave the world. But the perspective you watch that happen from is that of a complete outsider, very late to the party.

Rokam

What's missing is a hero to rally around. Jaina isn't cutting it and I don't know what the Horde's take on that blood elf fellow is. MSV is a big tomb plundering expedition. Heart of Fear is missing a hero. Terrace is an abbreviated Sunwell minus both Kalecgos and Anveena.

Thrall was at least the protagonist in name of the Cataclysm arcs. You had Tyrion in Wrath and the Naaru, their disciples and the Ashtongue in Burning Crusade. I miss having that heroic pillar to set the theme of the expansion. I get that Lei Shen wants to enslave the world. But the perspective you watch that happen from is that of a complete outsider, very late to the party.

Completely agree with you on this. At least in 5.4 we'll have Vol'jin and Varian.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom