• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bizazedo

What's missing is a hero to rally around. Jaina isn't cutting it and I don't know what the Horde's take on that blood elf fellow is. MSV is a big tomb plundering expedition. Heart of Fear is missing a hero. Terrace is an abbreviated Sunwell minus both Kalecgos and Anveena.

Thrall was at least the protagonist in name of the Cataclysm arcs. You had Tyrion in Wrath and the Naaru, their disciples and the Ashtongue in Burning Crusade. I miss having that heroic pillar to set the theme of the expansion. I get that Lei Shen wants to enslave the world. But the perspective you watch that happen from is that of a complete outsider, very late to the party.

You're 100% right.

That being said, I am really digging Lor'Themar on the PTR right now.

Well I got my rogue to 60 last night. I really enjoyed the Burning Steppes questline for alliance. The grind has felt slow, but part that has probably been with me trying to level my leather working and skinning at the same time. Skinning is probably the second or third easiest prof to level behind Mining and herb gathering, but the leather working part has stretches that require lots of leather grinding if you're not willing to spend money on the AH. Stacks were going for 100+ gold on my server and I didn't feel like spending my gold.

I must say I kind of enjoy the rogue combat system that uses points for energy. It's backwards from warriors trying to build rage. I'm using a combat spec right now and opening with either cheap shot or ambush depending on if i can get behind the mob or not, then revealing strike, one or two expose armors depending on if i need another combo point to max out eviscerate. Sinister strikes is my filler. I use leeching poison while leveling and have glyph of adrenaline rush with glyph of gouge. Will probably switch out gouge to glyph of expose armor.

Now that I'm 60 i have to choose between shadowstep and preparation. Will probably go with preparation. Vanish has always been my most hated ability in the game when fighting rogues since it's just a cheap get out of jail card no other classes have other than maybe paladins with lay on hands and divine shield. But as I'm on pvp server and not a huge fan of world pvp and getting ganked, vanish is amazing, and having 2 cooldowns of it is even better for me. Yeah, I'm pretty much a coward and run from everything lol.

Im playing in a 3.3.5 game server so, how are the blood elves in the new pandarean expansion? did they buffed them or something because they didnt have some useful racial skill.

Preparation will be baseline next week.

Go for shadowstep.
well honk my hooter, lol! So what will the other choice be besides the speed boost? I guess i should go check out the patch notes.

Once i get the rogue's skinning to 600, then it will be time to do engineering. The only problem is that my high level toons already have professions that i want to keep. I think i may have to level a DK and switch his profession to engineering and pay someone for an engineering leveling kit when done. I have no desire to do the grinding for that one. I do have a 55 priest, but that toon has inscription. decisions decisions.

McNei1y

We messed up at the beginning of H Garalon so our dps was a bit slow, but when we hit beserk, everyone died except for our Pally tank and our Monk dps/tank. They managed to stay alive the entire time and down the boss.

After 30% on heroic, he doesn't cast Crush so the Pally just kited him pretty much.

Brofist

well honk my hooter, lol! So what will the other choice be besides the speed boost? I guess i should go check out the patch notes.

Once i get the rogue's skinning to 600, then it will be time to do engineering. The only problem is that my high level toons already have professions that i want to keep. I think i may have to level a DK and switch his profession to engineering and pay someone for an engineering leveling kit when done. I have no desire to do the grinding for that one. I do have a 55 priest, but that toon has inscription. decisions decisions.

Even without prep being baseline I'd still go SS, unless you like being one of these

cartoon-kite-5.gif

Entropia

No One Remembers
Heroic Garalon is so bugged lol. Two tanks (one in his dps offspec) just two manned him in his beserk phase from 15%

We messed up at the beginning of H Garalon so our dps was a bit slow, but when we hit beserk, everyone died except for our Pally tank and our Monk dps/tank. They managed to stay alive the entire time and down the boss.

After 30% on heroic, he doesn't cast Crush so the Pally just kited him pretty much.

That's hilarious and sad. ::(

Enosh

our pala tank bugged out ambershaper once

he got ambershaped and I was still up, so I keept tanking him and he was eating pools, once the boss killed me he started to go through all of the other shaped people, until he got to the pala, for some reason he just couldn't kill him, he is supposed to 1 shoot shaped people but it wasn't working, maybe because he was shaped while ardent defender was up and it keept the buff idk, the pala keep eating polls since the RL was kinda angry and said that's the most fun he had so far but in that he got his hp so stupidly high the boss couldn't kill him when the RL finally called to stop eating polls and just wipe, even when he went berserk he didn't hit him for more than 2% per hit which were healed up by that aoe thingy that goes out

think he is still ranked nb 2 or something on WoL :p
(the nb 1 guy had the same bug, since his fight also went over the berserk limit, think there are 2 or 3 more cases like that on wol)

Rokam

Shaman burst + Damage increase is so much fun. Probably one of the better PuGs I have been in. Still hate that instance though (Siege).
kJcIA9C.png

McNei1y

That's hilarious and sad. ::(

our pala tank bugged out ambershaper once

he got ambershaped and I was still up, so I keept tanking him and he was eating pools, once the boss killed me he started to go through all of the other shaped people, until he got to the pala, for some reason he just couldn't kill him, he is supposed to 1 shoot shaped people but it wasn't working, maybe because he was shaped while ardent defender was up and it keept the buff idk, the pala keep eating polls since the RL was kinda angry and said that's the most fun he had so far but in that he got his hp so stupidly high the boss couldn't kill him when the RL finally called to stop eating polls and just wipe, even when he went berserk he didn't hit him for more than 2% per hit which were healed up by that aoe thingy that goes out

think he is still ranked nb 2 or something on WoL :p
(the nb 1 guy had the same bug, since his fight also went over the berserk limit, think there are 2 or 3 more cases like that on wol)

Bugged fights are so fun. We bug Garalon from the start. Our Druid gets aggro and then runs off to the stairs. He'll die instantly. Somehow that fucks with Garalon's spells and we're able to just fight him as if it were normal. But it really was hilarious that we were able to down him with just two people. The mechanics are really screwed up on that fight.

I wish we were able to bug H Ambershaper. We spent a good 3-4 hours on him these past two nights. Didn't down him but our best attempt was 14% :\

boo dps means nothing, post damage done.

Yep. I know this as an Aff Lock. It's cheap for aff locks, though, since we just dot everything up... but it can harm us if it's a fast fight.

FYC

Banned
I need to try archaelogy soon. Never got into it 'cause of all the negative impressions I heard, but it sounds cool. Lots of neat stuff to get.

Rokam

Even that doesn't mean anything on Jin'Bak, it's a gimmick fight. Just pull a bunch of trash without letting the debuffs fall off, then bum-rush the boss.

Indeed, most tanks don't chain pull though :(. They really need to add the gong from Challenge Mode to the 2nd boss, or just let us pull everything by running down the ramp.

I like that you get your own little museum with archaeology. And even more pristine artifacts coming in the patch. Yay!

Edit: So if I'm reading the notes right regarding the new raid profession patterns, it seems like they all come from daily cooldowns. I hope I get lucky and get the tailoring ones, because I have 47 Imperial Silk I was going to use for bags. Pretty sure I can make way more gold off new patterns even after having to buy the new spirits.

ZenaxPure

I need to try archaelogy soon. Never got into it 'cause of all the negative impressions I heard, but it sounds cool. Lots of neat stuff to get.

It's another one of those "how much do you care about the lore?" things. Each artifact you make has a description that adds a lot of small things to the culture of each race. I enjoyed maxing mine out just to get all the items once. Of course there are also a lot of vanity items as well, mounts, pets, and such, and a few 463 items that can be used at level 85 which make them kickass for alts.

That said actually doing it isn't really engaging or anything. It's about on par with mining/herbalism except there is no competition.

Edit: So if I'm reading the notes right regarding the new raid profession patterns, it seems like they all come from daily cooldowns. I hope I get lucky and get the tailoring ones, because I have 47 Imperial Silk I was going to use for bags. Pretty sure I can make way more gold off new patterns even after having to buy the new spirits.

I believe that is the case. I'm not really opposed to this change myself, getting patterns constantly was annoying (since no one was even buying them on the AH anyway) and not very many people in our guild even crafted blood spirit gear (since the actual raid drops are on par or better in the case of heroic items). Like you said it might be a money making opportunity as well which should be good for my LW, I can't keep expecting to make 6-8k on ilvl 476 gloves the entire expansion, I'm honestly kind of baffled I can still do it this far into the expansion.

ZenaxPure

Oh hey, some interviews went up and mmoc had some cool bullet points. I REALLY want to know what blizzard is planning: "The unannounced feature will be in the last patch of the expansion and give players a lot of new content to play with." We've seen this thing teased a billion times but we don't even have a single inkling as to what it will be at all. I can't even bring myself to speculate since I feel like we don't have a starting point.

"The team is being organized to try and avoid having a really long final patch before the next expansion." Thank jebus, the year long ICC and almost year long DS are easily the two worst parts of WoW's history.

"Patch 5.3 will focus on how the events in Pandaria have changed the factions back in Azeroth. After that, there is a coup within the Horde, the previously announced Siege of Orgrimmar in Patch 5.4." I'm officially more excited for 5.3 than I am for 5.2 now xD

Rokam

There was also some story spoilers regarding trolls so read at your own risk.

This is not the main Zandalari army, Rastakhan and Prophet Zul (patch 4.2) are still alive. Zandalar is sinking but it's still out there. So still at least one more troll inspired instance to go!

-There will be no heroic Ragefire Chasm, but the experiments down there will come in to play in the near future.

Dammit :(

Also the interview says LFR opens a couple weeks after patch day. I hope they change that. Nothing to spend valor on as a non raider.

ZenaxPure

There was also some story spoilers regarding trolls so read at your own risk.

This is not the main Zandalari army, Rastakhan and Prophet Zul (patch 4.2) are still alive. Zandalar is sinking but it's still out there. So still at least one more troll inspired instance to go!

Pirate themed South Seas expansion with first tier zandalar raid, final tier Azshara raid C'MON BLIZZ LETS DO IT

Edit: It's not much of an consolation but I believe you can spend some VP when the patch drops on a 522 necklace from the new rep since it requires neutral.

Hoplatee

Also the interview says LFR opens a couple weeks after patch day. I hope they change that. Nothing to spend valor on as a non raider.

I guess I should just use my Valor to upgrade some pieces then since I noticed I was capped when I logged in again.

When LFR opens I should be capped again and done enough dailies to buy some other stuff I guess. I don't know how the new vendor works but I recall it being raid + daily rep or something? Didn't really pay much attention to anything when my game time ran out again.

Rokam

You'll be able to buy 1 piece at neutral. If you can get in a trash farm run you can get to friendly but that's it.

ZenaxPure

Yeah (assuming I am reading what you wrote correctly) there is a new daily rep (tied to your faction) and a new raid rep (Shado-pan assault). There isn't a ton of gear to be had from the daily faction though, the highest the pieces go are 496 I believe, but, if all you've done is LFR until now some of that can be upgrades for sure.

Hoplatee

You'll be able to buy 1 piece at neutral. If you can get in a trash farm run you can get to friendly but that's it.

Ah right, that changes things. Just doing one upgrade then and decide if I upgrade another thing if the patch is not coming out next week.

Yeah (assuming I am reading what you wrote correctly) there is a new daily rep (tied to your faction) and a new raid rep (Shado-pan assault). There isn't a ton of gear to be had from the daily faction though, the highest the pieces go are 496 I believe, but, if all you've done is LFR until now some of that can be upgrades for sure.

Yeah, checked out some of that stuff from the daily vendor. Not much use to me. Couldn't find the Raid Rep but I have seen it now. Wow. That is some crazy ILVL jump from my LFR pieces. :p

cdyhybrid

Pirate themed South Seas expansion with first tier zandalar raid, final tier Azshara raid C'MON BLIZZ LETS DO IT

Edit: It's not much of an consolation but I believe you can spend some VP when the patch drops on a 522 necklace from the new rep since it requires neutral.

I'm in.

Robin64

The thing that intrigues me the most is that this "new system" will apparently enable "lots of content". I don't think they'll have actually built a boatload of new content (they talk how there was a choice between making Townlong or class quests, for example), so it's likely that it will use old content.

Personally, I think it will be the ability to repeat old-world questlines, automatically scaled up to 90, to earn some VP (and whatever items that line normally gave, also auto scaled up).

They created a gear scaling tech, but so far it's only used on PTR (scale up for raid testing) and Challenge Modes (scale down for challenge). I think they'll want to use it on something more mainstream. Couple that with the fact they keep trying to get the world more active...

ZenaxPure

Personally, I think it will be the ability to repeat old-world questlines, automatically scaled up to 90, to earn some VP (and whatever items that line normally gave, also auto scaled up).

Yeah, I believe it will involve old stuff as well. I know some people in this very thread have suggested some sort of level or stat scaling so you could do any dungeon in the game at level 90. I wouldn't mind a system like that personally, queing for every pre MOP 5 man in the game and getting some VP for doing it, maybe even loot bags similar to scenarios or something.

Personally I would like some sort of time capsule of sorts. In my dream world it would be cool if you could go back to pre-Cata azeroth and do some of the key quest lines (like the Fording chain) and get rewarded for it, similar to your idea really but specifically I would like the ability to re-experience stuff that is no longer in the game. Patch/launch events would be cool too like the original Naxx invasion or the Cata build up. I find it a shame that blizz spends time on stuff like that but it's only here for a brief amount of time never to be seen again.

Robin64

I find it annoying Blizzard won't make Battle for Undercity as a Scenario as they don't think players would want to run it. What a load of rubbish, that would be a better Scenario than half the ones currently in the game.

Moreover, when the feature was first shown, we saw simple examples such a gnoll invasion of Goldshire. I thought this was great, and that the simplicity of it all would let Blizzard make loads of these things. Instead they seem to now have the same long dev time as dungeons, so we get very few of them and Blizz are hesistant to use old locations. A shame, really.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I find it annoying Blizzard won't make Battle for Undercity as a Scenario as they don't think players would want to run it. What a load of rubbish, that would be a better Scenario than half the ones currently in the game.

Moreover, when the feature was first shown, we saw simple examples such a gnoll invasion of Goldshire. I thought this was great, and that the simplicity of it all would let Blizzard make loads of these things. Instead they seem to now have the same long dev time as dungeons, so we get very few of them and Blizz are hesistant to use old locations. A shame, really.

That was the most exciting prospect. Doing stuff in older locations. I can't name one memorable scenario off the top of my head, they all sort of blend together in a weird Pandaria mush.

RPGCrazied

Anyone else transmogging old raid gear? I'm almost in full Netherblade on my rogue. Going after Deathdealers Embrace, but that is going to take awhile, since it wants rep and drops from the AQ instances. Bloodfang is something I can easily get, but that first fight in blackwing lair makes me want to jump out a window. Same thing goes for the chess event in Kara.

Does anyone know if there is an add-on that shows every item in the game, and where it comes from? Might be easier to look at that, then to always have to look on wowhead or wherever.

That was the most exciting prospect. Doing stuff in older locations. I can't name one memorable scenario off the top of my head, they all sort of blend together in a weird Pandaria mush.
Pandaria mush is kind of how I feel about the whole expansion. Every zone looks the same.

schwupp

quick 5.2 pvp gearing question:
i havent played since mop launch and quit just a few points away from my arena weapon.
should i buy it now for arena points or wait till 5.2 hits and buy it for converted honor points?

i have read somewhere that the arena gear gets downgraded when it its available for honor. is that true?

Bizazedo

quick 5.2 pvp gearing question:
i havent played since mop launch and quit just a few points away from my arena weapon.
should i buy it now for arena points or wait till 5.2 hits and buy it for converted honor points?

i have read somewhere that the arena gear gets downgraded when it its available for honor. is that true?

Yes, it is true.

Gear bought now with conquest will be better than the honor versions that come with 5.2. Additionally, if you 2/2 upgrade the current conquest gear, it becomes very close to tyrannical in quality.

Tyrannical is still better, but only barely.

Tarazet

Anyone else transmogging old raid gear? I'm almost in full Netherblade on my rogue. Going after Deathdealers Embrace, but that is going to take awhile, since it wants rep and drops from the AQ instances. Bloodfang is something I can easily get, but that first fight in blackwing lair makes me want to jump out a window. Same thing goes for the chess event in Kara.

Does anyone know if there is an add-on that shows every item in the game, and where it comes from? Might be easier to look at that, then to always have to look on wowhead or wherever.

I wear the Druid T5 set. One of my favorite looks.

schwupp

Yes, it is true.

Gear bought now with conquest will be better than the honor versions that come with 5.2. Additionally, if you 2/2 upgrade the current conquest gear, it becomes very close to tyrannical in quality.

Tyrannical is still better, but only barely.

ok thanks - bought the weapon :)

So 5.3 is going to focus on the standing between the Horde and Alliance and a future patch is going to introduce a new mechanic that will add playability? Could these be connected? Maybe neutral races or something more? Just a random thought, I've been out of touch with the game for a long while but it's the first thing that came to mind.

Bizazedo

So 5.3 is going to focus on the standing between the Horde and Alliance and a future patch is going to introduce a new mechanic that will add playability? Could these be connected? Maybe neutral races or something more? Just a random thought, I've been out of touch with the game for a long while but it's the first thing that came to mind.

Holy crap.

Maybe "Traitor" or faction changes? All races for both sides? Opens up allllll of their quests?

The very idea is poisonous to me :). Then again, as a Horde member, I still hate paladins.

cdyhybrid

And a
Horde coup
in 5.4. FINALLY!

TimeKillr

So my raid group is at the final boss of Heart of Fear.

I'm tanking.

When the 2 groups of adds come up, me and the other tank are pretty much insta-gibbed... That's pretty insane. If there something we could be missing? It's ridiculous how we grab aggro, we both pop all of our cooldowns, and we last as long as our cooldowns last - as soon as they drop off, we both die within 2-3 seconds. It's really, *really* ridiculous.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Use this command:

/console screenshotQuality 10

The default is 3, and 10 is max. You can also change the value permanently in your config file. Also, before taking screenshots, max out the graphics quality. Your FPS may drop but it will make the shots look nice.
I also recommend changing the default screenshot format (JPG) to TGA. That's what Blizzard uses for press assets, so that will ensure best possible quality.

This can be adjusted via a console variable (see The Lamonster's example) or by writing the following line in Config.WTF:

SET screenshotFormat "tga"

Save the file as read-only.

Berordn

So my raid group is at the final boss of Heart of Fear.

I'm tanking.

When the 2 groups of adds come up, me and the other tank are pretty much insta-gibbed... That's pretty insane. If there something we could be missing? It's ridiculous how we grab aggro, we both pop all of our cooldowns, and we last as long as our cooldowns last - as soon as they drop off, we both die within 2-3 seconds. It's really, *really* ridiculous.

Make sure you don't stun them, even though they're susceptible to it. Doing so will synchronize their swing timers and generally instagib you since they do tend to hit like a truck.

Jrmint

Pandaria mush is kind of how I feel about the whole expansion. Every zone looks the same.
What? That is literally the 1st time I've heard that.

JF is a forest
Valley is Nagrand 2.0
Kun Lai is mountainous
Krasarang is swamp land and more forest. This zone is the least unique.
I don't know how to categorize TS but it's definitely different
DW is the most different of all

Literally no clue what you're talking about.

Entropia

No One Remembers

Is the first statement from one of the recent Blizz interviews that've posted? Do you have link?

Is the first statement from one of the recent Blizz interviews that've posted? Do you have link?

I was going off of this:

"Patch 5.3 will focus on how the events in Pandaria have changed the factions back in Azeroth. After that, there is a coup within the Horde, the previously announced Siege of Orgrimmar in Patch 5.4." I'm officially more excited for 5.3 than I am for 5.2 now xD

Which I believe is from an MMOC interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom