• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCizzle

Wow, let me just put it this way: ever since 4.0.1, I've played the game while being chained to a lot of people. I haven't played it the way I wanted since that time. I don't even remember what the "what I want"-mentality feels like, but I'll be sure to cherish this moment as guildless (if I decide to leave them).
Just do it and leave. If they push for an explanation, just say you need a few days of peace to think about it. I get that the social pressure is strong, but at the end of the day it's a game and you need to do what will make yourself enjoy it.

mclem

I'm in a vaguely similar situation to Yoshi, but not quite as far gone. There's a lot of people reliant on me, and I know that, and the pressure does get to me from time to time when sometimes I'd just like a quiet life. I'm still enthused, though, there's just the occasional feeling of "leave me alone, I just want to do something else for a bit!"

To be fair, though, that's me; not them. They're not particularly making demands of me, I'm making demands of *myself* to cater to their needs to the extent of my capabilities.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Did my first challenge mode last night - Siege of Niuzao temple. Took 1:01. It was all of our first times doing it though.

Ironically, I am now the leader on my realm for it :lol (the 4 other people I was with were from another server)

mclem

Did my first challenge mode last night - Siege of Niuzao temple. Took 1:01. It was all of our first times doing it though.

Is there *anyone* who didn't have a shock to the system and a time of at *least* around an hour for their first challenge mode run? My run of Gate of the Setting Sun was 58 mins!

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Is there *anyone* who didn't have a shock to the system and a time of at *least* around an hour for their first challenge mode run? My run of Gate of the Setting Sun was 58 mins!

Our healer had no idea what to do on the second boss. He pretty much one shots whoever he picks up.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Just do it and leave. If they push for an explanation, just say you need a few days of peace to think about it. I get that the social pressure is strong, but at the end of the day it's a game and you need to do what will make yourself enjoy it.
Aye. Thanks.

Ultratech

Got my ring from the headless horseman!

Also, just for kicks, I tried out survival for a bit since that was my spec back in my prime raiding days. DPS was much higher (yeah, running recount on the headless horseman, I'm dumb). Debating on whether I should just stick with survival since I'm way more comfortable with the rotation or just find a way to stop sucking at beast mastery.

I managed to get my ring from the Horseman (took like 3-4 runs), and got the Broom mount and Squashling pet. I did those fights in Survival as well, though whether I was doing more damage than BM, I wouldn't know (no Recount/Skada).

Been trying to level my DK up so he can get in on the Horseman stuff before it ends. Finally made it 87 last night, and he's very well-rested, so that helps. Halloween buff helps as well. :D

I still want to try out some Challenge Modes, but my guild's not too interested at the moment, so I'll probably have to pick up a group on OpenRaid.

Nugg

My first challenge was the Gate of the Setting Sun. We did like 38 minutes on our first try, and came back with a bronze medal. Felt pretty good.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I just got a new title guys.

Yoshichan - The Guild Slayer

I'm officially guildless, and ruined it for 9 other people - a guild that got created during TBC.

I don't regret anything, it just feels weird.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I just got a new title guys.

Yoshichan - The Guild Slayer

I'm officially guildless, and ruined it for 9 other people - a guild that got created during TBC.

I don't regret anything, it just feels weird.

Yoshichan all on his own. The world is your oyster!

Yoshichan

What happened?
I wrote a small summary last page, but basically, I left the guild because of various reasons. I knew that the outcome would be that everyone would leave after me, and well, they did ._.

mclem

My first challenge was the Gate of the Setting Sun. We did like 38 minutes on our first try, and came back with a bronze medal. Felt pretty good.

Oooh, yeah, that's excellent for a first try. In a sense Challenge Modes feel a little like TBC heroics in that the bosses aren't *too* bad, but the trash is brutal. The first few pulls for us were basically figuring out how much I could grab in one go and survive. I think we rather overestimated my survival capabilities and gear; there's a reason I won't be going back in until I'm Mystically Superior at least!

Best of luck, Yoshi!

Entropia

No One Remembers
Oooh, yeah, that's excellent for a first try. In a sense Challenge Modes feel a little like TBC heroics in that the bosses aren't *too* bad, but the trash is brutal. The first few pulls for us were basically figuring out how much I could grab in one go and survive. I think we rather overestimated my survival capabilities and gear; there's a reason I won't be going back in until I'm Mystically Superior at least!

Best of luck, Yoshi!

This is exactly how I felt.

The bosses weren't difficult. We killed the 3rd boss in just over a minute, but the trash was difficult if we accidentally grabbed an extra pack or something.

Yoshichan

Aaaaand I completely forgot to withdraw all the food from the guild bank ._.

Yoshichan

Oh it wasn't supposed to be sneaky or anything like that; they knew it was all my food (I contributed with everything in the guild). So I don't think they'd have a problem with me taking it... besides, guild is pretty much disbanding at this point.

TomServo

What are people's thoughts on tank queues for LFR?

Personally, I think it's just a matter of tanks gearing up faster than DPS. With insta-queues for heroics I was ready for LFR in a few days of casual play. I'm guessing it's a bit tougher / more time consuming for DPS to gear up.

The only other explanation is an explosion in the number of tanks. Given that we still insta-queue for heroics I don't think that's the case. Yeah, the ratios are different for LFD and LFR, but not enough to go from insta-queue w/ satchel for LFD to 2 hour queues for LFR.

I guess I'm just hoping it gets better in the coming weeks. I quit progression raiding years ago, and LFR is the only thing that brought me back.

I have only been in a single guild since release and I'm still in that same guild. We have never had drama once. Feels good man.

Twilight Alliance - Thunderhorn

FLEABttn

Banned
Also, just for kicks, I tried out survival for a bit since that was my spec back in my prime raiding days. DPS was much higher (yeah, running recount on the headless horseman, I'm dumb). Debating on whether I should just stick with survival since I'm way more comfortable with the rotation or just find a way to stop sucking at beast mastery.

There's something so off-putting about the BM rotation. It's hard to describe when I'm not actively doing it, but there's something I really don't like about it. SV has a much nicer rotation in comparison.

I have only been in a single guild since release and I'm still in that same guild. We have never had drama once. Feels good man.

I've been in...8. Since release. Not even because I wanted to.

Entropia

No One Remembers

Personally, I think it's just a matter of tanks gearing up faster than DPS. With insta-queues for heroics I was ready for LFR in a few days of casual play. I'm guessing it's a bit tougher / more time consuming for DPS to gear up.

The only other explanation is an explosion in the number of tanks. Given that we still insta-queue for heroics I don't think that's the case. Yeah, the ratios are different for LFD and LFR, but not enough to go from insta-queue w/ satchel for LFD to 2 hour queues for LFR.

I guess I'm just hoping it gets better in the coming weeks. I quit progression raiding years ago, and LFR is the only thing that brought me back.

I think the problem with the tank LFR queue is that there's 2 tanks vs. 17 DPS and 6 Healers. With the LFD, you have 1 tank vs. 3 DPS and 1 healer. Tank queues, even in the DS LFR were a bit longer if solo queued because there were a lot of tanks wanting to run it but the tank spots were limited. With the large amount of DPS and Healer spots available, it means that they're able to get in/shuffle through quicker.

Draxal

It's a combination of both. General rule of thumb is that tanks players are more hardcore then dps (dps is generally seen as the laziest/casual of all roles). Bumping that ratio to an extreme amount 2-17 instead of 1-3 going to cause a huge ammount of issues. In addition, lfd's are a lot more forgiving to tank then pre Dragon soul heroics, so you are seeing a huge amount of new tanks (let's face it tanks/heals always get blamed for wipes ... never dps). Honestly, you're best bet is to get a healer buddy or too, or join a small casual guild that doesn't raid but does instances/casual lfr.

Yoshichan

TRANSMOG, COMPLETE! (Yes, I had to cover up my face because everyone kept complaining how ugly I was. Fucking horrible people, I tell you...)

aWtMl.jpg

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I started a rogue alt and bought a bunch of heirloom items. It feels like I am playing Diablo I kill things so quick.

Lucis

Who here has a monk, that's not a panda.

Also what are you gonna do now Yoshi that you left the guild??

We should make a gaf guild ;)

Yoshichan

Camp a Galleon spawn of course!
I actually flew passed the spawn yesterday (on my way to Krasarang), and I saw some of the people that were camping 60+ hours with me. I said Hi, and they told me I should stay and camp with them "Just like the old days".

What the fuck does that even mean! It was like, 5 days ago!

Yoshichan

Sorry you feel that way, I'm just being honest.
Well, everyone else loves the look so you'll just have to hide in a corner or something!

Go ahead, leave!

Here's what I looked like, 3 years ago

GDQUa.jpg

Robin64

My monk is a Forsaken. Used the Pandaren to make a hunter. Also, most weapons on monks are placed awfully. They either clip through each other massively or stick out the wrong way or whatever. Really shoddy.

Berordn

My monk is a Forsaken. Used the Pandaren to make a hunter. Also, most weapons on monks are placed awfully. They either clip through each other massively or stick out the wrong way or whatever. Really shoddy.

It's partially intentional, since as a monk, they sheath and unsheathe the weapons often in their attacks. Staves and polearms have a higher attach point so they can reach the handles easier.

It just looks awful and clips through everything as a result, like you said.

Berordn

I hear everybody talking about an xp bonus for the holiday. What's that about?

Use the bonfire next to the Wickerman in Stormwind or Undercity, depending on your faction. It grants you a 10% xp and reputation bonus. It's removed when you die, but you can also reapply it as many times as you want throughout the holiday. There's a daily quest to do it every day during the holiday as well.

Use the bonfire next to the Wickerman in Stormwind or Undercity, depending on your faction. It grants you a 10% xp and reputation bonus. It's removed when you die, but you can also reapply it as many times as you want throughout the holiday. There's a daily quest to do it every day during the holiday as well.

Rep? Does that work for dailies?

He's a Druid. The only other option is a Tauren.

And Lucis, I have a Panda Shaman. Love the animations for dual-wielding.

They gotta make Panda's into druids. I mean, they already got bear form covered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom