• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

McNei1y

Crap. Wish I payed attention to the 'Mogu Runes of Fate' charms and that they were purchased with Lesser Charms... I don't have any charms saved up so I won't be able to get any until Wednesday.

Bizazedo

What's the vendor or the name of the item? Basically how can I find this?

Just go through the questlines when 5.2 drops and eventually you'll be led to the Shado-Pan assault base. They have a quartermaster as all factions do. The necks require neutral. I don't remember how much Valor. I want to say 1200, but feels low.

Tarazet

Still stuck at 469 after the second half of LFR Mogu'shan, 2 Heroics, and an item upgrade. Fffffffffuuuuuuu

Have you bought all the 463 or 476 crafted pieces you can? Done upgrades with JP or bought 458 stuff? Specific queued for dungeons that drop heroic pieces you need? Got your necklace from the Klaxxi? (though that will be moot tomorrow with the 522 VP neck)

Up to now, the methods of getting gear upgrades haven't changed at all since the xpac launch. It always took some time. It will take less tomorrow, and the raids will drop gear more frequently.

cdyhybrid

Did you do Sha yet?

Yup, wearing the boots.

Have you bought all the 463 or 476 crafted pieces you can? Done upgrades with JP or bought 458 stuff? Specific queued for dungeons that drop heroic pieces you need? Got your necklace from the Klaxxi? (though that will be moot tomorrow with the 522 VP neck)

Up to now, the methods of getting gear upgrades haven't changed at all since the xpac launch. It always took some time. It will take less tomorrow, and the raids will drop gear more frequently.

As I said above, I just hit 90 on Saturday, so rep rewards won't be in play for a bit. I have been gathering unneeded pieces to just sit in my bags and boost my ilvl, but I'm still missing a slot or two. Just haven't been lucky with the drops. Not enough JP or VP to really do anything with.

Never thought about buying crafted items, but I don't really want to waste my money. I've just been doing random heroics because the queue time is pretty long when I usually get to play (Pacific time at night).

Just need to sacrifice a goat to the RNG gods.

smr00

Banned
Is the game worth coming back to? As someone who has never been a huge raider?

I don't know how raids are now but when i played they took hours and i found them to extremely boring. Interested in how PVP is these days and i don't mind small like 30-45 minute heroics and stuff i just can't be bothered with extremely long raids.

Ultratech

As I said above, I just hit 90 on Saturday, so rep rewards won't be in play for a bit. I have been gathering unneeded pieces to just sit in my bags and boost my ilvl, but I'm still missing a slot or two. Just haven't been lucky with the drops. Not enough JP or VP to really do anything with.

Never thought about buying crafted items, but I don't really want to waste my money. I've just been doing random heroics because the queue time is pretty long when I usually get to play (Pacific time at night).

Just need to sacrifice a goat to the RNG gods.

Hmm...if you go start up the 5.1 faction (Dominance Offensive or Operation: Shieldwall), you could try and hunt down one of the Rares that pop up at your enemy's base.

They have a decent chance to drop 483 trinkets (used for Pandaria-only PvP), but just by having them, you'll boost your overall ilvl.

Question about SP Assault rep.

Can you get it in both Raid Finder and normal mode in the same week? Is it like Wrath where you had farm groups hitting ICC trash just for rep?

I can't wait for tomorrow.

Berordn

Can you get it in both Raid Finder and normal mode in the same week? Is it like Wrath where you had farm groups hitting ICC trash just for rep?

Supposedly trash runs for Shado-Pan Assault don't exist, but they've said that you do get rep from LFR, Normal and Heroic.

Presumably you can double dip on it every week.

Ultratech

IIRC, you only get rep from trash up to Friendly, then it's only from bosses after that.

Pretty sure you can only get rep from killing each boss once per week, regardless of difficulty. (so if you do all of ToT LFR, that's your rep for the week, regardless if you do Normal/Heroic and vice-versa).

Tamanon

Banned
Is the game worth coming back to? As someone who has never been a huge raider?

I don't know how raids are now but when i played they took hours and i found them to extremely boring. Interested in how PVP is these days and i don't mind small like 30-45 minute heroics and stuff i just can't be bothered with extremely long raids.

Raids are generally much quicker, even LFR can take less than an hour usually for 3-4 bosses.

Thunder King looks like a longer raid, but I'm sure it'll be partitioned into sections for LFR.

In addition, Heroics and Scenarios are generally quick, fun content now.

ZenaxPure

Pretty sure you can only get rep from killing each boss once per week, regardless of difficulty. (so if you do all of ToT LFR, that's your rep for the week, regardless if you do Normal/Heroic and vice-versa).

Yeah, this is what Blizzard has said anyway. If you kill a boss in LFR and get the rep then kill him on normal he won't give the rep and vice-versa.

EekTheKat

So I'm seriously thinking about leaving my guild.

Basically, sitting in a raid and listening to hours of complaints and listening to someone reading "strats" off of a webpage over voice chat just isn't fun anymore.

All the strats, all the food/flasks doesn't matter if someone can't physically do what's necessary. Nothing can save someone from dying 30 seconds into a boss fight except for better play. People are obsessed with diagraming the raid exactly according to the script on the strat page, with no capability to adjust on the fly if something goes off script.

Most of my guild is obsessed with meters and topping them, and comparing against their own guildmates - when (IMHO) the proper way to use meters is to gauge your own performance vs. the previous weeks and see how much you can improve on your own.

Besides, I feel like I play better as a mercenary, and have way more fun at it. Basically raiding on my own schedule without committing to spending nights forced to listen to people that irritate me.

I feel like when I have to mute my own guildmates because I can't stand listening to them anymore then it's time for me to step out.

Tomorrow, not today :).

When you log in, though, just remember the "rules".

No instances. Don't log out. Try to avoid anything that would "reload" you (I swear I lost it once on the bombing run at the end of the Vale dailies). Ports at Domination point to elsewhere on Krasarang are safe, though.

So no Roll Club! Wait on those til after you lose the buff (I think Roll club was okay, but be safe).

So log out in Vale and then go to town. Then 2 complete dailies = 3 normal dailies.

I know one week I was lazy, though, and just completed a bunch on Monday and didn't turn them in til Tuesday to get the +valor.

How does all this work? I'm about to start trying to vp cap in the new patch.

Rokam

So servers go down at 1AM PST now.

And here's the raid release schedule:
March 5 – Normal Throne of Thunder
March 12 – Heroic Throne of Thunder and LFR Wing 1 “Last Stand of the Zandalari”
March 19 – LFR Wing 2 “Forgotten Depths”
April 2 – LFR Wing 3 “Halls of Flesh-Shaping”
April 16 – LFR Wing 4 “Pinnacle of Storms”

Rokam

Breadcrumb quest will pop up automatically when you log in tomorrow. Short quest chain involving a single player scenario and bam you're on the isle and can access the raid. Be sure to talk to Wrathion before heading off to the island so you can pick up the quest to start getting exalted with him if you're up to date on the legendary quest line.

McNei1y

Gotta have done all previous heroic content (including Elite Protectors!)

kidding.

Pretty sure there is no "Attunement"./

I just remember one of my buddies saying I had to do some scenario in order to get into the raid. I know there's a mandatory scenario to progress through the daily hub zone... but didn't know if that applied to the raid too.

Ultratech

I just remember one of my buddies saying I had to do some scenario in order to get into the raid. I know there's a mandatory scenario to progress through the daily hub zone... but didn't know if that applied to the raid too.

There's like 4-5 of 'em you have to go through to progress through the Stages of the Isle.

I don't think there's anything gated as far as entering the raid goes. (Heroic requires that at least 1 person has completed Normal.)

Tarazet

So servers go down at 1AM PST now.

And here's the raid release schedule:
March 5 – Normal Throne of Thunder
March 12 – Heroic Throne of Thunder and LFR Wing 1 “Last Stand of the Zandalari”
March 19 – LFR Wing 2 “Forgotten Depths”
April 2 – LFR Wing 3 “Halls of Flesh-Shaping”
April 16 – LFR Wing 4 “Pinnacle of Storms”

Blarg more random trolls. It's like a running gag.

Bizazedo

Something I was thinking of, 470 ilvl should be achievable without excuses now as the PvP gear bought through honor is 476 issssssh.

There's a bunch of single person scenarios.

How does all this work? I'm about to start trying to vp cap in the new patch.

Cap VP the prior week. We'll see if it changes due to 5.2, though.

So I made the jump tonight. When I log on tomorrow, I'll have 5.2 content and a new guild. Feel kinda bad, already have four guildies who are gonna leave with me but the GM hasn't been around at all to convince them to stay. I'm excited though. Look forward to raiding again and in general being around happier people.

FYC

Banned
I'm still doing scenarios / heroics / pet battles / professions / dailies / pvp oh my god there's so much fun to have

Fun question while the servers are down, what's your total /played time? I've about 100+ days total across all my characters, and I've been on and off since Vanilla. I would think that's a lot, but lurking other WoW threads with the same question... Apparently not.

So my bro started playing again and it got me curious so I then Hit my free trail of panda land. Cocked up really as he could send a free scroll with the insta 80/transfer blah blah but because i took the trail 10mins before the email came through it locked it :(

Anyway! is there some kind of change list that spans from the LFR Deathwing Patch up to what I assume is tommorrows thunder king patch?

I have 9 days left to have a mess about with things, my bro was massivly jealous of my nearly 100 pets and 50 odd mounts saying some of my pets could sell for a fortune?
Are they not bound anymore? and why was it showing multiple ones?

How are Dks doing aswell?

Feel like I need to relearn the game again..

bunbun777

Well I came back from the end of Cata and have been playing for the last 3 weeks. Up to 478 on my shadow priest after having gone through LFR twice.

I am thinking of switching servers to a higher populated one. Currently am on Madoran (alliance) due to a rl friend but he does not play that much anymore. Does anyone have any good suggestions for healthy guilds or great places? Basically the guild I am currently in has their set 10 people and the 2nd group (which I am in now) is pretty rag-tag. Which is fine since I am still getting gear but it is more an issue of having dependable people on a consistent basis.

ZenaxPure

Anyway! is there some kind of change list that spans from the LFR Deathwing Patch up to what I assume is tommorrows thunder king patch?

I have 9 days left to have a mess about with things, my bro was massivly jealous of my nearly 100 pets and 50 odd mounts saying some of my pets could sell for a fortune?
Are they not bound anymore? and why was it showing multiple ones?

How are Dks doing aswell?

For specific classes if you open your skill book you will find a tab that lists how that specific spec/class has changed since Cata. If you want info on the patches, you can read everything here on wowpedia.

Just about every pet that isn't caught in the wild can be caged and sold on the AH now. You have multiple of those pets because Pet Battling exists, they each have their own level and stats.

As for DKs, PVE wise every class and spec is in a pretty decent place right now, dunno about a PVP.

Fun question while the servers are down, what's your total /played time? I've about 100+ days total across all my characters, and I've been on and off since Vanilla. I would think that's a lot, but lurking other WoW threads with the same question... Apparently not.

I'm honestly not sure if I should answer this out of scaring someone but.... I have had 3 accounts (excluding some RAF accounts I bought in the past) and my rogue on each of those accounts had over 100 days /played. I believe the rogue on the second account had something like 120ish days at that. This is also not including the various alts I have which on my current account alone add up to roughly another 80 days, also my main for part of TBC was a Shaman who had about 50 days on her, and I don't even remember the time for my other characters (first account had 3 level 70s(tbc), second account had 8 80s(wotlk) and this account has 5 90s, then 5 more level 85+ chars).... Probably looking at a potential 400-500 days /played since I started the game.

Yep.................

For specific classes if you open your skill book you will find a tab that lists how that specific spec/class has changed since Cata. If you want info on the patches, you can read everything here on wowpedia.

Just about every pet that isn't caught in the wild can be caged and sold on the AH now. You have multiple of those pets because Pet Battling exists, they each have their own level and stats.

As for DKs, PVE wise every class and spec is in a pretty decent place right now, dunno about a PVP.

Thanks!
Yeah I have an 82 ally dude aswell as an 85 horde so I presume I have multiples because of that? but they are independant of each other or all linked? so say I had two darkmoon monkeys I could sell one and both chars would still have one between them?

ZenaxPure

Thanks!
Yeah I have an 82 ally dude aswell as an 85 horde so I presume I have multiples because of that? but they are independant of each other or all linked? so say I had two darkmoon monkeys I could sell one and both chars would still have one between them?

They are linked. As of Mists all mounts and pets are account wide now, so regardless of what character you are on you have access to every single mount/pet you had gathered individually before then. In your scenario your account has 2 darkmoon monkeys, if you sold 1 of them you would only have 1 left regardless of what character you were on.

Basically for mounts and pets forget that your individual characters exist, it's all on the account. If you were to delete every character you had and then make a fresh level 1 you would still have those exact same mounts and pets.

They are linked. As of Mists all mounts and pets are account wide now, so regardless of what character you are on you have access to every single mount/pet you had gathered individually before then. In your scenario your account has 2 darkmoon monkeys, if you sold 1 of them you would only have 1 left regardless of what character you were on.

Basically for mounts and pets forget that your individual characters exist, it's all on the account. If you were to delete every character you had and then make a fresh level 1 you would still have those exact same mounts and pets.

Ah ok! Makes more sense. Pet count must be up to something silly like 200+ by now right? And then its kind of pokemon style battles with rewards or just achives?
I keep asking questions as I cant get on any game related pages (apart from gaf oddly) to read up on all this!

ZenaxPure

Brace yourself for it.... The pet count is almost 600 total. Mists added a bunch of pets and pretty much any critter in the game before is a battle pet as well. Anyhow, yeah it works like pokemon but it moves a lot slower and you don't really have much in the way of customizing them. As for rewards there is a whole section of achievements dedicated to them and you get rare pets as rewards for doing them along with some other vanity stuff such as a title. There is also a fairly lengthy... "campaign" so to speak where you travel to literally every zone in the game and defeat a NPC tamer who uses better than average pets. At max pet level there are also tamers you can fight for a chance at super rare pets you can't get otherwise. Not to mention I believe in this new patch you have a chance of getting lesser charms (used to buy tokens that allow you to get an extra loot roll on any level 90 raid boss in the game) from winning pet battles as well (These can also be obtained from dailies though).

So yeah, there is quite a bit to it if you find yourself enjoying it. Not to mention each patch blizzard is adding even more pets that can be obtained in various ways. 5.1 patch added 3 pets as drops from each of the original 40 mans (MC, BWL, AQ, and Naxx) that then reward another pet when you own them all. 5.2 is adding new pets from fishing, a few from rare spawns, a few from new raid bosses, and a few from just pure outright mob grinding.

So I made the jump tonight. When I log on tomorrow, I'll have 5.2 content and a new guild. Feel kinda bad, already have four guildies who are gonna leave with me but the GM hasn't been around at all to convince them to stay. I'm excited though. Look forward to raiding again and in general being around happier people.
Hey you gotta do what you gotta do or else it's not going to be an enjoyable experience. For me, I just can't get into regular raiding anymore. So even though my guild is completely dead, it's the perfect place for me to screw around and not have any requirements in a level 25 guild.
No you won't

edit: unless we're talking old LFR, then, YEAH DO IT UP BROTHER. That's where I am going to be too, still need my tier pants D:
Yeah this is one area of LFR that really annoys me since tier used to be the first and easiest thing to acquire. I have one piece of tier and have no idea if and when I'll be able to get the 2 piece. But getting two-piece at this point almost feels irrelevant with the 5.2 patch coming out. And no means to upgrade the gear means i don't even know if it's worth rolling with tier instead of 5.2 gear.

darksagus

Is there a cooldown on this Trove of the Thunder King scenario because it seems like if you make several hundred gold in a few mins people will just run it nonstop.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Has Blizz released the official (non PTR) 5.2 patch notes yet?
Not yet, but I assume the patch notes will be released in a few hours. In the meantime the 5.2 PTR patch notes (from the 25th of February) are the most accurate: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/8226552/Patch_52_PTR_and_Patch_Notes_-_February_25-2_25_2013

As for the patch, I'm pleased with most of the content but I think it's dull they haven't changed the rules, as far as I know, for A Test of Valor. I don't mind grinding Valor Points but it's boring to not be able to do it in one go but have to wait several weeks to complete the quest. The weekly cap shouldn't be linked to that quest in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom