• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultratech

I tried out the Magnificence of Leather cooldown, and learned the pattern for a 458 Hunter PVP helm. It takes two Magnificent Hides, but at least that's one piece I can justify gouging on. I can't imagine it would be worth it to do Magnificence of Scales as well unless you were really hell-bent on learning all 82 patterns as fast as possible, and since no one has Haunting Spirits yet to make the 522 stuff, I'm not rushing it.

Well, they both share the same cooldown too, so I'm not sure what exactly the point is. You're far more likely to get Leather than Scales.

At least the recipes for them dropped fairly quickly. :D

Troll Barad and Zul'duar are my new favorite places in the game :eek:

Heh, once I got onto the island proper, I had the same thought.
"This seems a lot like Tol Borad...but with Trolls!"

McNei1y

25 man ToT normal feels sooo easy after having done heroics for months.

Jin-rokh - killed in 1 try

Horridon - killed in 4 tries

Council - killed in 4 tires

We were saying the same thing about 10 man ToT. Killed Jin-Rokh in one try and Horridon in 4. Then Council came... we wiped endlessly on them. I hope we manage to down them today.

Anyone else have a GTX 570 and getting crashing issues? Only happened once before but today it seems to be happening within 15 min of logging on.

Trickster

We were saying the same thing about 10 man ToT. Killed Jin-Rokh in one try and Horridon in 4. Then Council came... we wiped endlessly on them. I hope we manage to down them today.

Dunno how you handle them on 10 man. But on 25 man we felt that the easiest way to handle it was to get them down in this order: Sul the Sandcrawler -> kazra'jin -> High Priestess Mar'li -> Frost King Malakk

Sul is annoying because he will spawn the adds. And kazra'jin because of his reflective shit, the 2 other ones are not really any trouble at all when they overload.

Anyone here in a guild that hasn't been doing heroic 10s/25s that can talk about ToT's difficulty so far? We're gonna go on saturday, so it'd be cool to at least kill the first guy. He doesn't seem too bad. Council of Elders is going to likely be a nightmare for my guild, though.

Thoraxes

Man, those bridges are the funniest things ever.

Let's do this.

7WBH7w4.jpg

Anyone here in a guild that hasn't been doing heroic 10s/25s that can talk about ToT's difficulty so far? We're gonna go on saturday, so it'd be cool to at least kill the first guy. He doesn't seem too bad. Council of Elders is going to likely be a nightmare for my guild, though.

Mine isn't a heroic raiding guild, and we only cleared all the normal content (pre-patch). First boss was easy, and I imagine on 10 it's even easier.

ch0mp

First boss is pretty basic, took us 3 attempts. We're an okish guild but some lazy members don't look up the bosses beforehand. The trash after the boss is harder.

Thanks for the replies.

I'm really hoping we can actually finish this tier. We got cut off on Amber Shaper, and it frustrates me like no other that we couldn't finish HoF and then knock out Terrace.

Ah well.

Berordn

Not sure why everyone says the first boss of ToT is too easy, tried it last night and got our asses kicked.

He's a serious gear check, but he's tuned for people in normal gear from T14. The hardest part will definitely be the instagib mechanics if your DPS isn't paying attention, or the healing in general.

Just finished my very first run of this as well, it was pretty awesome. Always wished WoW had more puzzle-y type stuff in it but as Sunken Temple proved puzzles + groups makes for annoying gameplay unless you're doing it with friends.

I managed to get 282 gold, 15 historical parchments, and 9 elder charms. Looking forward to doing that some and trying to make it farther than this one. I got close to what I assume is the end but made a few errors.
I did one just now. Really need to get a levitate potion next time. The traps can be annoying. And there were a couple of places I didn't know how to get to. Kind of cool though.

Finaika

He's a serious gear check, but he's tuned for people in normal gear from T14. The hardest part will definitely be the instagib mechanics if your DPS isn't paying attention, or the healing in general.

I just beat him just now, he's quite easy.

Bizazedo

Just to let you guys know, especially if any are like me and felt compelled to camp these sons of...

Bashiok said:
Just to clarify on drop chances for ritual stones and keys, you can only obtain one Key to the Palace of Lei Shen (aka treasure room) from any creature on the island, including the Isle of Thunder Rare Elites. Once you’ve already looted one off of a creature, no more will drop from creatures for your character that week. Additional keys can potentially drop from other select sources, but are extremely rare and not something you can try to farm.

Similarly, you can only obtain one Shan’ze Ritual Stone from an Isle of Thunder Rare Elite per week. You'll still be able to collect more from other sources, though.

Man, did I waste a lot of time.

On the brightside, got an Amber Triceratops :).

ZenaxPure

Man that makes me jealous of a guildie, he did the treasure run twice today and got the self-sacrifice knife (I assume his second key came from that rare spawn but i dunno)

That said, despite these rare spawns being push overs there is something cool about seeing a whole island worth of people running from one spawn to the next frantically trying to make it to one before it dies. Not something you see in WoW often. I'm fine with it though since the Zandalari guys are the real cool rare spawns of the patch.

Tarazet

I did a nerf bat normal 10M MSV today. It was my first time wading into normal-mode content while it was still somewhat relevant. Both of us tanks were pugged and I hadn't ever tanked it on normal before (so I took off-tank position), but we still managed to clear through and down Spirit Kings because we had good coordination. No wipes until Gara'jal when we didn't send enough DPS into the spirit realm, and we still got it on the third try.

Wound up joining their guild since it seems to be about my speed right now, and no one in my guild is playing at all. If I can raid once a week and fill in the gaps with valor and LFR gear, that's more than enough to feel like I'm a participant and not just a tumbleweed.

McNei1y

Pretty nice stuff.

As for ToT so far... The first boss is pretty easy. It's easier if you're guild is at least geared with all of normal 496 gear. The bridge is pretty tough but once you learn it, it'll be fine. The second boss is very hard if you don't have the DPS for the packs. The boss himself is easy after the trash though. The third boss was hard as hell, IMO. It took us quite a long time. We were 3 healing it though... then when we tried a different strat and made our priest go shadow, we two shotted it. Tortos isn't too hard... just got to make sure you kick the turtles correctly. There's also a lot of shit going on in the Council and Tortos.

ZenaxPure

The bridge is SUPER easy once you realize you can pull the ghosts back to the steps. I have to imagine that's the only way to do it though? Initially we tried stopping at the points where the wind doesn't push you off and killing the adds but the blue lights made it annoying.

Westlo

2.5 hours per level isn't game breaking, particularly if it doesn't work from 89-90.

Took me 20 minutes to get 25% of a level @ 85 in the Mage quarters @ Stormwind, I was sharing the area with a 56 Hunter who have the better area, so I probably could've gone 30% in that time.

That Hunter went from Level 56 to level 60 in the same 20 minutes, shit is nuts lol.

Rokam

For those camping rares. You can only get 1 summoning stone per week, and 1 key per week from rares mobs. You can still get them from chests and the daily chest so there's no point in farming them unless you're a warlock, want valor, or need the new day cooldown profession recipes.

Knch

For those camping rares. You can only get 1 summoning stone per week, and 1 key per week from rares mobs. You can still get them from chests and the daily chest so there's no point in farming them unless you're a warlock, want valor, or need the new day cooldown profession recipes.

Ran through the dailies with my hunter buddy and both cooldown recipes dropped from regular trolls within about 10 minutes, so no need to farm those there...

I still haven't seen a rare (and I do "need" them so I can get my ass kicked in BT,) I did however see "rare up" in general chat followed by "inv, inv, inv, ..." Pretty funny.

Trickster

On Mal'ganis there's a group that runs from rare to rare pretty much all day. Crazy bastards.

some people in my guild seemed to do that from the time the servers went online yesterday morning, and until the raid started at 19.30, seemed boring as hell imo.

Bizazedo

And endless old-school MMO grind, forced to be a in a group?

Everything except maybe the big T-rexes is solo-able.

Besides that, it does feel oddly good to have an old-school style grind back.

I was one of the idiots running from rare to rare yesterday. I also got one of the triceratop mounts.

Not going to lie, though, I am annoyed (yet understand) that you can usually only get one key per week. Feels counter intuitive.

Rokam

I almost feel the keys should be a 100% drop rate off rares since they're only once a week, still haven't got one on my priest and he's the one that needs elder charms.

Tamanon

Banned
It's weird, I got a key on my Death Knight the very first mob I killed, and not seen a single one on my Paladin. Is it possible to get keys on different characters each week?

Trickster

It's weird, I got a key on my Death Knight the very first mob I killed, and not seen a single one on my Paladin. Is it possible to get keys on different characters each week?

Imagine it should be. Personally I've gotten 2 keys on my main, so it's not like you are limited to 1 per week.

Tamanon

Banned
You'd have to hit up the adventuring supplies guys, but man, you're also missing out on some serious gold leveling that way.

McNei1y

So a few weeks ago I complained about the raid times my guild had instated after transferring over (which I had no clue about). It seems like it's 3 1/2 hours a night unless we're pushing for new content - in that case it's 4 hours. The past few weeks has been 4 hours because of ToT as well as trying to get as much Heroic content out of the way.

Anyway, I've given it a try and I don't think I can do it. 3 1/2-4 hours is way too much time a night that I want to spend on raiding. It wouldn't be so bad if it were just one or two nights but three nights is pushing it. I mean 12 hours of just sitting at my computer feels like too much. Plus, 4 out of 7 of the hours I have after work is already taken up so I don't have much time to do anything else. Also, people expect me to do dailies and farm rep which adds another hour or two to the time spent on the game a day. That feels like a second job. The downside to all of this is that we're a "new guild" (by transferring on the server) so all we really have is the core. I've had to arrive late here and there (by like 20 minutes) to the raids and people get antsy. I don't want to just straight up leave since they don't have anyone else that is tuned for it in the raid but I don't want to also get in the way. Next week, I have to tell my guild that I am not going to be able to raid on that Tuesday unless they don't mind starting 2 hours late because I have a work function that I am required to be at that night. I think I'm going to use that excuse to segue into going on hiatus for awhile.

I really enjoy this content so far and I want to be there as we progress since progression in raiding has always been my favorite thing. But the time we spend three times a week is just too much. We've slowly become a very good casual guild to a hardcore guild. One of the guys I've been cool with for a few years (introduced him to the guild) has slowly developed into the Raid Leader. He keeps telling me to farm heroics and stuff but I just don't have time for that before raids. And then on the weekends, I don't mind doing that stuff, but I'm usually out or somewhere else so I don't even have an opportunity then.

TimeKillr

So a few weeks ago I complained about the raid times my guild had instated after transferring over (which I had no clue about). It seems like it's 3 1/2 hours a night unless we're pushing for new content - in that case it's 4 hours. The past few weeks has been 4 hours because of ToT as well as trying to get as much Heroic content out of the way.

Anyway, I've given it a try and I don't think I can do it. 3 1/2-4 hours is way too much time a night that I want to spend on raiding. It wouldn't be so bad if it were just one or two nights but three nights is pushing it. I mean 12 hours of just sitting at my computer feels like too much. Plus, 4 out of 7 of the hours I have after work is already taken up so I don't have much time to do anything else. Also, people expect me to do dailies and farm rep which adds another hour or two to the time spent on the game a day. That feels like a second job. The downside to all of this is that we're a "new guild" (by transferring on the server) so all we really have is the core. I've had to arrive late here and there (by like 20 minutes) to the raids and people get antsy. I don't want to just straight up leave since they don't have anyone else that is tuned for it in the raid but I don't want to also get in the way. Next week, I have to tell my guild that I am not going to be able to raid on that Tuesday unless they don't mind starting 2 hours late because I have a work function that I am required to be at that night. I think I'm going to use that excuse to segue into going on hiatus for awhile.

I really enjoy this content so far and I want to be there as we progress since progression in raiding has always been my favorite thing. But the time we spend three times a week is just too much. We've slowly become a very good casual guild to a hardcore guild. One of the guys I've been cool with for a few years (introduced him to the guild) has slowly developed into the Raid Leader. He keeps telling me to farm heroics and stuff but I just don't have time for that before raids. And then on the weekends, I don't mind doing that stuff, but I'm usually out or somewhere else so I don't even have an opportunity then.

I understand you completely.

Our raiding schedule is ~3 hours a night, 3 nights a week. It's starting to wear me down, and I need more sleep. I also can't play on the weekends (except maybe sunday evening) but that's it - the only time I have is when I get home from work monday to thursday.

It sucks, but if you just can't adjust to the schedule, then it's prolly time to leave.

I finally had a semi-decent LFR run in endless terrace. No sha weapon, but i got tier shoulders and helm, plus a duplicate pair of boots that i disenchanted. Now if I can just replace my blue leggings.

Does anyone know if the shado-pan assault rep doesn't work when you do your first LFD? I treid it yesterday and i dont think i got any gains for it. Was gonna try again this morning, but if it doesn't work i might as well work on finishing my anglers rep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom