• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

profit

That's the problem, though.

If you raid one night a week, you ain't gonna progress. 2 nights is kinda pushing it, too.
Well if I would raid now, it would just be for the experience and having fun instead of the zergfest that is LFR. I love progres raiding; but I love having fun while raiding even more :)

ZenaxPure

Yeah, I'm doing the 5 rat spawns in SW cath myself and with a ghetto banner and darkmoon buff I am averaging about 4% of my level per minute.

Hoplatee

Yeah, I'm doing the 5 rat spawns in SW cath myself and with a ghetto banner and darkmoon buff I am averaging about 4% of my level per minute.

Yeah, that place is fantastic. On my server it is impossible to do it there now so I am just leaving it for today.

Did 50 (!!!) levels in a few hours. Might finish the last 10 / 15 tomorrow if it still works. Wonder how fast it would go if you were doing it as Monk with heirlooms + 50% buff + DM buff.

When I am done I am never touching the pet battle system again... :p

schwupp

done for today .. need some sleep.
35 to 64 without heirlooms - so yey :)

i will never do pet battles again, ever, as soon as its fixed

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
If you're not capped on reps, its way easier to just farm up those Warscouts for rep badges than to actually do anything for those reps. There's a million of them and most of the reps are already eligible for account doubling.

Bizazedo

Pet battle thing appears....stopped, at least. Getting no xp for winning battles, looks like they turned it off haha.

Pets get xp, of course.

Brofist

The whole pet battle way to lvl seems very calculated. A way to get more people to try it out. When it gets out of hand they'll pull the plug on it, but they know exactly what they're doing.

ZenaxPure

The whole pet battle way to lvl seems very calculated. A way to get more people to try it out. When it gets out of hand they'll pull the plug on it, but they know exactly what they're doing.

Ehhh, I dunno about that, the fastest way to level is the exact opposite way you should be approaching pet battles in general. Probably just a small thing that slipped through the cracks.

ZenaxPure

Guild banner 5%/10%/15% xp(along with rep/honor) bonus, can buy them at the guild vendor. Since my guild xferred I only have access to the 5% one, but, better than nothing

Dang what is this exploit that i missed out on? Can't believe i've been leveling a rogue this whole time and not taking advantage of it. It's just low-level pet battles with a bunch of rep bonuses?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I gave it a try and man, pet battles are fucking boring
KuGsj.gif

Hoplatee

Haha oh well. It took them so long to hotfix this. Glad I could abuse it but now I regret not going on any longer yesterday.

Tomboy

Neo Member
I'm still getting crazy xp from pet battles. 80% of the way to lvl 89. *fingers crossed they take a few more minutes to fix it on my realm*

Apparently massive XP pet battle bug?

:lol
i missed it and very frustrated. i'm not even trying to get my rogue to max level. just high enough to max out skinning. bleah. 5 bars in to level 85... i really think that once you get one toon the ability to fly in a zone like wrath or pandaria, all your toons should be able to fly as soon as they get there, assuming they've paid for flight training. it's really not fun having to go back and ride around all over the place on the ground... again..

Shame I didn't know about this sooner (and wasn't at work). I have a level 88 Shaman and I've been dreading the last two levels. I don't wanna do any more exp questing. :(

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
i missed it and very frustrated. i'm not even trying to get my rogue to max level. just high enough to max out skinning. bleah. 5 bars in to level 85... i really think that once you get one toon the ability to fly in a zone like wrath or pandaria, all your toons should be able to fly as soon as they get there, assuming they've paid for flight training. it's really not fun having to go back and ride around all over the place on the ground... again..

It's actually pretty annoying they don't introduce any up-to level 90 heirlooms, or a heirloom flying for pandaria.

I get not wanting flying for the first time, but after 2/3 times I don't want that.

I think they're just heavily discouraging alts lately, which is weird since they're a huge time-waster and lead to more time paid for.

It's actually pretty annoying they don't introduce any up-to level 90 heirlooms, or a heirloom flying for pandaria.

I get not wanting flying for the first time, but after 2/3 times I don't want that.

I think they're just heavily discouraging alts lately, which is weird since they're a huge time-waster and lead to more time paid for.
this is so true. in cata, arguably the worst expansion wow has ever had, it actually became quite fun for me leveling alts and putting them into LFR and just doing different things like leveling profs and what not. Alts are always good way to freshen up the game when you've been on your main for a while. In MoP though it's like they're not giving many breaks to people taking the time to level other toons. The only thing I can think of is the commendations you can purchase, and maybe the increased valor rate when you've capped on another toon for the week. But those don't do very much when you're still trying to hit 85.

EDIT: oops. meant trying to get to 90, not 85.

Westlo

Still works on my server, just went to DMF to get dat hat, time to work it. Can't do guild banner though since this alt is in my bank alts guild.

Well I messed with my graphic settings for taking screenshots, but something still looks off. I'll try again tomorrow lol. But here is my latest transmog look. I love the golds and greens in the spelltwister robes. Got Grasp of the Dead in kara which i though matched fairly well with the robes. Night everyone!

Helm: Nemesis Skullcap
Robes: Spelltwister's Robes
Shoulders: Gladiator's Felweave Amice
Belt: Gossamer Belt
Gloves: Grasp of the Dead
Feet: Spellpyre Boots

new_transmog_zps33bfc339.jpg

ZenaxPure

Still working for me too, feels so good, about to get my 4th level 85 alt to 89. I feel less bummed out about not having 90 heirlooms now lol since I will have everything but a monk up to 89 after this.

Robin64

It was fun while it lasted, but at least I have a mage sitting at 89 now.
Think I'll wait for Midsummer and get bonfire experience for that character.

Best part of 5.2: Stormwind and Orgrimmar entrances are finally complete!

Westlo

It was fun while it lasted, but at least I have a mage sitting at 89 now.
Think I'll wait for Midsummer and get bonfire experience for that character.

A full bar of rest xp + 4 dungeons with quests you haven't done should eat up a fair chunk shouldn't it? We'll I'll find out soon enough lol.

3 Darkmoon hats (3 hours) to get from 54% 85 to 27% 88. 1 more hat should do the trick. Comp is pretty fierce on my server...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom