• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

mackattk

So just resubbed with the free 10 day mists of pandaria trial offer. I have a few 85's on blackrock, but just said screw it and made a new character on a different server. I just picked the one it defaulted to (Zuluhed), and made a monk. After going through the pandarian starter zone, Zuluhed is pretty much dead. I checked the AH and blackrock has literrally 5x as many auctions as Zuluhed has. Wondering if I should reroll on a different server or not.

So just resubbed with the free 10 day mists of pandaria trial offer. I have a few 85's on blackrock, but just said screw it and made a new character on a different server. I just picked the one it defaulted to (Zuluhed), and made a monk. After going through the pandarian starter zone, Zuluhed is pretty much dead. I checked the AH and blackrock has literrally 5x as many auctions as Zuluhed has. Wondering if I should reroll on a different server or not.

Are you a pvper? IF so the realms everyone are on are Tichondrius for horde and Darkspear for ally

mackattk

Are you a pvper? IF so the realms everyone are on are Tichondrius for horde and Darkspear for ally

I'm not a huge pvper, but its fun when I want to. Have they implemented a way to send heirlooms across servers yet?

I would continue where I left off, but I wouldn't even know where to start. So much has changed in the past 6 months since I last played.

Entropia

No One Remembers
You think that certain zones have been fixed while others have not? I tried stormwind and the forest out front. Where are you guys picking up the exp?

I was in Stormwind on the Whisperwind server.

Managed to hit 88 by the time I had to get to work.

I'm not a huge pvper, but its fun when I want to. Have they implemented a way to send heirlooms across servers yet?

Nope. They haven't done the obvious easy fix and just make them "learned" so your new toons always get them.

Tomboy

Neo Member
You think that certain zones have been fixed while others have not? I tried stormwind and the forest out front. Where are you guys picking up the exp?
I was still getting xp in SW on Alleria as of about an hour ago (133k @lvl 88). Just had time for one test battle, though, and then had to leave for work. Never been more tempted to take a vacation day for no reason other than to play WoW.

(Edited to add realm.)

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Not only is that pet battling boring, you're kind of overestimating how long it takes to just level like a normal person. It's slower for sure, but its not nearly as mind numbing at spamming pet battles.

Hoplatee

Not only is that pet battling boring, you're kind of overestimating how long it takes to just level like a normal person. It's slower for sure, but its not nearly as mind numbing at spamming pet battles.

Wasn't that bad for me. Was just on Skype talking with people and stuff. Did a few instance runs as well to get the hang of new skills.

It would have taken me two weeks or so to reach 80. Now I just did it in 1 day. :p

Both were boring options for me, I just picked this since it was way faster. I wouldn't be able to do it another time on another alt even if I could though.

Bizazedo

Yeah, I went from 42 to 51 last night before I had to stop (guildmates screaming for help..repeatedly)....but I couldn't keep going anyways. So boring.

As the other poster said, it's probably gear related. Did you buy the new 522 tank piece from Shado-Pan? Only 1250 valor.

I could solo them at 491 ilvl as well and now I am at 495 ilvl, so it just gets easier (the young ones..again, the big big guys are different).

You can't gain rep for Shado-Pan Assault via the daily boost of the dungeon finder. You could on PTR, but they took it away.

MUCH LIKE THE ENGINEERING ITEMS / MOUNT :(.

Do I have to be exaulted with the shadow pan to get that piece?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
On any server where it would have been useful the entirety of any area with pets was completely filled to the brim with people doing the same thing.

I suppose I'm more or less on the meh side since I have 12 85+ characters and it wasn't particularly fast at level 85+ anyways.

On any server where it would have been useful the entirety of any area with pets was completely filled to the brim with people doing the same thing.

I suppose I'm more or less on the meh side since I have 12 85+ characters and it wasn't particularly fast at level 85+ anyways.
The other thing is that by skipping quests and LFD, you miss out on a lot of easy gear upgrades, flight path connections, etc. Not that any of that is a game breaker, but you exchange one convenience for another by just doing pet battles to level. I'm lazy though so I'm all for short cuts lol.

ZenaxPure

Gearing actually works out really well to be honest, there is a few vendors through out Pandaria that sells full sets of green gear, one of those is on the wall and is about the same ilvl as stuff you get from townlong. So you can grab a full set and start questing in Dread Wastes which will get you enough gear to go do dungeons or whatever you want at max level.

I wonder how long ive sat at 1xp from 86 before I realized I couldn't level up.... did every quest in the first zone and ran 3 dungeons. God I can be stupid sometimes.

Trickster

If you've done it ten times and that bothers you why are you doing it again?

Serious question.

If you can give me a way to level an alt, while not having to go through old content that is pointless and boring as hell, I would love to hear it

Trickster

Why are you leveling the alt? That's what confuses me.

Because I like to play classes other than my main for the sake of variety

And I can't afford to pay blizzards server and faction transfer fee's for all my alts that I have on various servers after having played this game for 8 years.

From 1-85 I agree completely. But once your heirlooms fall off and you lose the ability to fly the pet battle thing leapfrogged any record-setting exp gain pace this side of RAF.

Green fire is the best. I resubbed a few weeks ago pretty much cause I heard it would be in 5.2 and now that resubbing is fully vindicated.

Angry Grimace

Is that pretty much only cool for destro locks? I have a lvl 50 demon alt but most of my spells so far are shadow and not much fire.

And I heard it doesn't even affect the fel/dreadsteeds...

You would never see it on a Affliction lock.

cdyhybrid

I used to level alts all the time, but with how long it takes to get to 90 and the existence of LFR I don't think I'll ever level more than one or two until they make it quicker.

Tamanon

Banned
I haven't really seen the 85-90 grind being THAT bad, as long as you don't finish up the zones. Moving to the next zone when you hit the minimum level helps a lot.

Angry Grimace

I haven't really seen the 85-90 grind being THAT bad, as long as you don't finish up the zones. Moving to the next zone when you hit the minimum level helps a lot.

It doesn't help that its a crushing grind to do anything with your alt at max level.

Is that pretty much only cool for destro locks? I have a lvl 50 demon alt but most of my spells so far are shadow and not much fire.

And I heard it doesn't even affect the fel/dreadsteeds...

You'll see it with demo for Soul Fires, Hellfire/Immo Aura. Your demon form is green tinged like Kanrethad was. Definitely cooler for destro locks, but I'm ok with that since destro's always been my favorite spec (except when like, TBC talents came out). Yeah, it doesn't work on the class mounts but I don't use those anyway so didn't bother me.

It doesn't help that its a crushing grind to do anything with your alt at max level.

Pretty much. I was hoping they would have introduced a way to buy rep tokens on one dude that you could send to the other or something like that. Giving it account wide would end up broken pretty fast.

Tamanon

Banned
Pretty much. I was hoping they would have introduced a way to buy rep tokens on one dude that you could send to the other or something like that. Giving it account wide would end up broken pretty fast.

Technically some of the rares in the new patch drop BoA 1000 rep tokens for old factions.

Angry Grimace

Technically some of the rares in the new patch drop BoA 1000 rep tokens for old factions.

It isn't a technicality, its that you just can't choose which one drops. If you're dedicated to doing it, you can farm them pretty much 24/7 since the Warscouts have a 5 min. respawn timer. If you have a group for doing the big guys and their triceratops mounts, you get like 4 of them, but you then have to roll on em. The Warscouts also drop supplies bags. I got a sha crystal and like 50 spirit dust in one of them.

Getting the Golden Lotus ones in particular is way more efficient than doing actual Golden Lotus rep because Golden Lotus fucking sucks.

Rokam

The War God on the boat near Isle of Giants drops a shitload of rep items too. You will need a group for him though.

Lain

I want to whine about people needing on shit that's not for them.

I've been leveling a Panda monk as a healer and through the random dungeons I've seen people need on stuff that 1) isn't for their class 2) they can't even wear (though it sorta happens on heroic dungeons as well, people needing for off-spec against people needing for the spec they are playing in the group). The most common has been Warlocks needing on leather drops and plate drops (the plate drop one was hilarious, as the tank asked him why he did it, and the answer was "to mail to my DK").
Now, that's annoying, but while it's the first 60 level dungeons I can shrug it off and keep going, the heirlooms are enough and some quest gear or random drops off the bag can fill some holes.

But now with the Cata dungeons I found myself actually needing the drops to raise the ilvl to be able to queue for instances higher than the first 2. So i queue up, all sort of gear drops for everyone else, then the last boss drops a Spirit trinket, I think I can finally replace the shitty ones I've been using from the first zones of Wotlk but nope, after I need on it the tank needs on it as well, wins it and swiftly leaves with no fucking shame.
I'm left thinking, why do I even bother?

Sorry for wasting the time of anyone that bothers to read.

ZenaxPure

Sorry for wasting the time of anyone that bothers to read.

Nah, it's a real problem. Like you mention it's not a big deal while leveling up but it baffles me how there is not a proper roll system for 5 mans. Clearly based on LFR the game can detect what loot you can use for your spec and assign it properly so it confuses me how at the minimum, max level dungeons don't employ something similar. I had more than 1 case of tanks stealing my plate DPS loot last week as I was gearing up my Paladin, it's pretty annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom