• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whooter

Grats! It's really a bitch to find since it paths all over the damn zone.

That, and its tracks tend to be really hard to see.

I still don't have it yet. :(

Thanks! Keep at it, I had and lost the tracks numerous times before finally tracking him down...

Z6Zhb57.jpg

Entropia

No One Remembers
lol trying to do Oondasta, holy shit this is bad lag with this amount of people here.

Boo, only got a "Shiny Pile of Refuse" :(

Ultratech

lol trying to do Oondasta, holy shit this is bad lag with this amount of people here.

Boo, only got a "Shiny Pile of Refuse" :(

I tried to set up a Cross-Realm group for it, but without a good way to organize 100+ people, it fell apart.

On top of that, some Alliance decided to show up and take him on. People died, then they just gave up.
Funny enough, they failed pretty bad. They were wrecking Oondasta pretty fast for about the first 20%, then people started dying like crazy.

As far as my server's concerned, it will never die without some Cross-Realm shenanigans. I'm tempted to bet on it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Well, they take a couple minutes to kill, but this is the point of the rare spawns in MoP and why I love them so much. The rare spawns are all about using attacks that deal extremely high damage but are avoidable. The original level 91 batch in Vale of Eternal Blossoms all had around 4 million HP. They can be zerged by multiple people of course but they also serve as fun challenges if you're alone.

As it's been said, but to reiterate, the Warscouts are like any other MoP rare spawn. Their normal attack doesn't hit hard but they have 3 random abilities (from a pool of 6 or so) that they use. All of them can be stopped by stuns/incapacitates for the most part but none of them are that hard to deal with if you don't stop them. Meteors rain from the sky that kill you if you get hit by one, a ghost that melees for like 150k will SLOWLY chase you, low HP adds spawn that need to be AOEd, stuff like that.

The only reason you would die on one is if you don't run away from teh ghost or you don't see the thunder cone thing.

Slayerx

How did you do it, Zerg? We're on wipe #4.

Alliance gave up and left.
Just running back constantly, with 120 people there is a lot of buffer I guess. You get to 400 mil fairly easy and then tanks die and its just a mess because you cant taunt it uhhhhh.

mackattk

So I got up to 38 with my monk . I have no idea what I am doing in PVP. I am getting destroyed by anything and everything... Any tips?

Enosh

He's already dead? I thought Blizzard said Oondasta was supposed to be impossible to beat?
well when you throw about 200 people a him

but yeah the way they hyped him up as this unkillable thing, getting zerged just like sha or galleon seems underwhelming

Trickster

If blizzard want to make outdoor bosses difficult, the simplest solution would probably be to make it so that if you die while fighting an outdoor boss, you're gonna stay dead until either the boss or people trying to kill it are dead. Like in the actual raid instances.

Trying to make a boss challenging, while at the same time allowing players to zerg it, is like trying to make oil and water mix.

Berordn

It sounds like they wanted it to be more of a spectacle than Sha or Galleon where you'd just fill up a group and rush players at it. Oondasta can be defeated by zerging, but only by a gigantic number of players and it's still capable of destroying swathes of them in a single swipe.

If they were really concerned about challenge they'd make them instagib you on a resurrection like they used to.

ZenaxPure

If they were really concerned about challenge they'd make them instagib you on a resurrection like they used to.

Pretty much, all the world dragons in vanilla gave you a 15 minute debuff when you died which prevented you from graveyard rushing it, probably a conscious decision to leave it off Oondasta.

Robin64

Got a second character up to 90, with 430 average ilvl. It feels like the path to getting into LFR is going to be quite a slog, especially when I still want to play my main for several hours a night too. Even the two simple tailoring recipes (Spelltwister's Grand Robe and Spelltwister's Gloves, 476 each) will take a while because you need Honored with Golden Lotus. Never mind that my main is Exalted, he can't buy the patterns because they are BoP. For no reason.

Westlo

Got a second character up to 90, with 430 average ilvl. It feels like the path to getting into LFR is going to be quite a slog, especially when I still want to play my main for several hours a night too. Even the two simple tailoring recipes (Spelltwister's Grand Robe and Spelltwister's Gloves, 476 each) will take a while because you need Honored with Golden Lotus. Never mind that my main is Exalted, he can't buy the patterns because they are BoP. For no reason.

Nah man 460 is easy.

- Do scenario for 450 ilevel blue weapon if your current weapon is still a quest one thats like 430ish. (I see people in heroics with quest weapons and just smh)

- Buy 450 PvP/crafted gear off Ah, should be really cheap right now, if you see cheap 458 pvp gear buy them too. Crafted 458 capes cost like the same as a stack of Windwool cloth, I've been making and turning them into Ethereal Shards myself since 20g >>> 50g. Don't buy any boots. Also can buy those cheap JC rings that are 450 ilevel as well. If this stuff is expensive on AH, ask in trade.

- Join Sha group, kill him, if you get lucky you get something as a bonus, if not always next week, anyway you'll get 476 epic boots from the quest item killing him. My warrior got 496 gloves 2nd sha kill and 496 pants the third time.

- Run your daily scenario + dungeon run, a lot of people doing it are way over-geared and doing it for rep+valor, so they won't care about any drops and you'll speed through them, if you're lucky you can get a few 463s in just a run. Maybe make your rep count for Sunreavers so you can get to honored quicker and purchase that 476 epic belt? Anyway since you just hit 90 you should get a lot of valor from doing dungeons+scenarios daily in your first week.

- Kill Galleon

- Save your first 2 weeks of valor (I assume you won't cap both weeks if time is an issue, personally i've never capped valor ever) for the 522 neck, that made my warrior jump from ilevel 471 to 474.

Oh yeah don't forget that you have access to 476 Epic PVP gear from Honor now, transfer your useless Justice Points into Honor and buy whatever you can't get any upgrade for.

My Paladin should hit 90 sometime next week, I expect to be in Vaults that same week maybe, though depends if I spend my ogld on 496 chest + Darkmoon trinket I guess. Might jot down how I go from fresh 90 to 460, especially if i don't buy those epics.

Edit - Man seriously no luck with rings, my 478 mage still only has 2 heroic 463 ones and my 477 warrior has 2 JC 450 ones :(

cdyhybrid

Tempted to level an alt to mess around with. No way I'd do any of the rep grinds, though. I'd probably just PvP and do dungeons/LFR. What classes are hot in PvP right now while also being viable DPS (in a different spec obviously) in PvE?

ZenaxPure

My Paladin should hit 90 sometime next week, I expect to be in Vaults that same week maybe, though depends if I spend my ogld on 496 chest + Darkmoon trinket I guess. Might jot down how I go from fresh 90 to 460, especially if i don't buy those epics.

This is all good advice and pretty much exactly what I did with my Paladin, he hit level 90 on feb 25th and his first clear of MSV was on march 2nd and I was lazy with him. Getting MSV ilvl is ez peezy, especially if you're a cloth user. Since the epic cloth chest/gloves don't take spirits the cost of them has gone down to near nothing, I bought chest and gloves for my warlock for like 3k gold total which is nothing considering I am still selling leather gloves on my rogue for 6k+.

Heart of Fear ilvl is the one that took a bit of time but the patch has remedied that fairly well, like Westlo says the 522 neck gives an insane ilvl boost obviously and not to mention 489s are dirt cheap now.

Tempted to level an alt to mess around with. No way I'd do any of the rep grinds, though. I'd probably just PvP and do dungeons/LFR. What classes are hot in PvP right now while also being viable DPS (in a different spec obviously) in PvE?

I have no idea what your main is but Warrior has always been good in PVP and PVE since the game launched, it's always the safe bet.

cdyhybrid

I have no idea what your main is but Warrior has always been good in PVP and PVE since the game launched, it's always the safe bet.

Main is a Monk. I was going back and forth between Warrior and Rogue and maybe Mage. Rogue was my main in most of Vanilla so I have a soft spot for them. Mage would be interesting since I haven't played a caster since the first few months of Vanilla, but the friend I play with a lot mains a Mage. Warriors sound like they just smash things in both PvE and PvP, which is obviously attractive.

I wouldn't be doing a ton of arenas, and if I did it wouldn't be anything serious - would that change things? I was planning to have that character just be something to do after I finish my dailies/LFRs on my Monk. I'd mainly PvP and eventually do Heroics/LFRs, but no faction grinds or anything.

ZenaxPure

If you don't plan on doing any for reals serious pvp then literally any class in the game can fit that role you want, I'd just go with whatever you feel like playing.

I finally made it to isle of the giants last night. I had trouble trying to kill the 8 million health direhorns, so i switched to killing the smaller ones. Can you still get eggs to drop off those? I've been working a lot the last few days and haven't had much time to do anything. I need a break!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The idea with Oondasta is that its a ridiculous 100+ player server event. It isn't designed to be something you just flog every week.

I finally made it to isle of the giants last night. I had trouble trying to kill the 8 million health direhorns, so i switched to killing the smaller ones. Can you still get eggs to drop off those? I've been working a lot the last few days and haven't had much time to do anything. I need a break!

They can, but the drop rate is apparently quite a bit lower.

The idea with Oondasta is that its a ridiculous 100+ player server event. It isn't designed to be something you just flog every week.

They can, but the drop rate is apparently quite a bit lower.
Thanks. I need to switch up my spec for soloing the adults. That triple puncture debuff is the worst part.

LadyRiven

Did Oondasta come up at the same time for everyone yesterday? That fight was insane. We had at least 200 people out there zerging the hell out of him. The more people you add, the worse it gets, because of his chaining beam of one-shot doom. D:

strafer

More 5.2 Dev Interviews

This caught my eye.

• The tech used for Sunsong Ranch moves the tech closer to the possibility of player housing, but defining what it is, why it would be cool, and how it would work is still not there yet.

Hope it happens.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
so we're going to be doing challenge mode-type dungeons for all of the dungeons in wow it seems like by the end of the expac?

Enosh

Horridon finaly down yay, got a 522 exp/mastery cloak for my troubles, great upgrade, plus some 522 trash boots ^^ second tank got thundreforged neck
there is way too much trash in this instance -.-

Fuckin exactly!
I don't know. When you've already leveled at least one or more toons to max level, most of the time your goal when leveling an alt is to get that toon to max level. I don't see anything wrong with people looking for a quick way to get to that point. You're not skipping content if you've already seen it with previous toons. That is also the reason why I see blizzard not allowing alts to fly from 85-90 in pandaria rather weak. Negative ramifications? How? It's not any different than being able to fly in any other zone.
Probably the most challenging solo content in the game.
And if you're not accustomed to affliction or destro, good luck. I haven't heard a single person say they did it as demo, which is what i've been playing for about 2 years now. Annoying that i have to actually switch specs to finish that quest. But not only that, it's very gear dependent and I'm pretty sure my i-level is too low right now.

And if you're not accustomed to affliction or destro, good luck. I haven't heard a single person say they did it as demo, which is what i've been playing for about 2 years now. Annoying that i have to actually switch specs to finish that quest. But not only that, it's very gear dependent and I'm pretty sure my i-level is too low right now.

Sounds exactly like what they did with rogues in the Legendary quest. Make people use a spec and make them have to actually learn to play the class.

ZenaxPure

so we're going to be doing challenge mode-type dungeons for all of the dungeons in wow it seems like by the end of the expac?

We don't know, but that's as good a guess as being able to do old quests or stat scaling for dungeons. All we know is that it will include old content and that the way blizzard words it is that it's a "huge undertaking" and will offer "a lot of content".

Just gotta say... finally got rid of my last two blue pieces and it feels good to be back all in purples. Only 487 at the moment but it puts me in a good spot where I don't feel like a complete schlub for raiding normal.

And man, trying to do the Sunreavers everyday but it burns. I think I can only handle that every 2-3 days for clearing everything out.

I don't know. When you've already leveled at least one or more toons to max level, most of the time your goal when leveling an alt is to get that toon to max level. I don't see anything wrong with people looking for a quick way to get to that point. You're not skipping content if you've already seen it with previous toons. That is also the reason why I see blizzard not allowing alts to fly from 85-90 in pandaria rather weak. Negative ramifications? How? It's not any different than being able to fly in any other zone.

I wasn't clear. When I said "Fuckin' exactly" I was saying I'd LOVE a short cut to 90. I have no interest in playing the same zones over and over and over again to level alts. It tedious and it sucks.

Trickster

Horridon finaly down yay, got a 522 exp/mastery cloak for my troubles, great upgrade, plus some 522 trash boots ^^ second tank got thundreforged neck
there is way too much trash in this instance -.-

Kinda disagree. Some boss have "a lot" of trash, others have very little.

Sounds exactly like what they did with rogues in the Legendary quest. Make people use a spec and make them have to actually learn to play the class.
My thing is that I play demo. I like the spec and I know how to play it. I dont think any kind of single player scenario or quest should be hard enough that it requires you to use a specific spec. Normally blizzard is against that kind of thing. And perhaps with more practice I might be able to finish it. I just have no motivation to try. Ive read posts by the people who have completed it stating that they spent thousands in repair bills getting it done and that with 500+ ilevels. For me thats just too much effort required. I mean its just a questline to turn my fire green. Not sure why it has to be so hard. There will be people that think it should be hard to keep it special but I really dont agree. Thankfully the green fire is not something I was ever a super big proponent for so im not super concerned about getting it done any time soon even though it would be cool. Maybe its because I got my hopes up thinking I was almost done only to realize I got to the end of the scenario for nothing. That is probably what is more annoying to me about it.

Korosenai

So, I haven't played this game in two years. Mainly because I lost my authenitcator, couldn't log in, and didn't feel like messaging or calling Blizzard customer service.

Well, today I found it in my closet, logged in, and downloaded the Mists of Pandoria 10 day trial.

Holy shit I have no idea what i'm doing. I have absolutely no idea how to play anymore (when I stopped playing, my highest level was a 76 death knight). Man this sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom