• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarazet

Anyone seen the new stat weights for Druids, or have something showing the math from 5.1 so I could tweak it to take into account the buff to Mastery? I'm curious if it's viable to run a high-Stam, Mastery, Dodge build now.

zugzug

It suprises me with how hands off Blizzard has been with server population even in the reverse direction...Why have we not seen a server split of the packed servers.

Knch

Maybe its because I got my hopes up thinking I was almost done only to realize I got to the end of the scenario for nothing. That is probably what is more annoying to me about it.

Yes the last part is pretty overwhelming, got my asses handed to me on both my affliction and destro specs, furthest I got was the first wave of imps (once on both specs) who burned me down in like 4 waves of firebolts. (There's lots of strats on wowhead, also a few for people with lower iLvl)

6 attempts in, 150g repair bill (I think, still need to repair from the last two tries)

Also, on the maze, don't use your demon circle to summon you through, it seems to summon those hard hitting purple ghosts no matter where you put your circle down.

Holy shit I have no idea what i'm doing. I have absolutely no idea how to play anymore (when I stopped playing, my highest level was a 76 death knight). Man this sucks.

There's a how-to-play my class(/spec) tab in the spellbook that will get you started.

RPGCrazied

Anyone else getting random FPS lag spikes?

I can be in a zone, perfect framerate, then all the sudden my framerate drops to almost 0, for a few seconds then shoots back up to normal. Thankfully I can go an hour or so before it happens, though I've seen it happen more frequently too.

I can be in a zone, perfect framerate, then all the sudden my framerate drops to almost 0, for a few seconds then shoots back up to normal. Thankfully I can go an hour or so before it happens, though I've seen it happen more frequently too.

Yeah I had this yesterday, It only caused me to die once so I didnt care much but it was rather odd.

Just got my farm up and running! also being a high level cook meant I had tonnes of path quests and stuff nearly 600 allready and as I had kept ahold of all random ingredients that dropped!
Also as a fisher I have the whole Anglers stuff to do.

Game is way more fun when you have loads of options.
Who should I be building rep with as a plate guy by the way? pets and mounts are also a bonus.

Trickster

Me and my guild have had this happen to us several times in the middle of boss fights in raids. All of a sudden, at the same time, something like half the raids' fps drops to 1-2 for a period of time, and then jump back up to normal. Annoying is hell.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

Yeah, i've seen this happen quite a few times in the past weeks. I thought it was a sign that my video card was almost dying or something. It can happen at anytime, even when i'm just walking around doing dailies.

Enosh

lol was doing a scenario and after it is over the other 2 go into full rage mode on me and I was like "wtf is going on"
aperently they wanted an achievement from it (don't press extra action button) and I am an idiot for not reading

I go through my chat log don't see anyone saying anything but notice that they are from the same guild
turns out they were writing in /p, which i can't see...

Trickster

lol was doing a scenario and after it is over the other 2 go into full rage mode on me and I was like "wtf is going on"
aperently they wanted an achievement from it (don't press extra action button) and I am an idiot for not reading

I go through my chat log don't see anyone saying anything but notice that they are from the same guild
turns out they were writing in /p, which i can't see...

Man who cares, even if they had written it for you to see. If people want to get achievements in scenarios and dungeons, they should actually get a group together for it, not just join dungeon finder and expect people to wanna spend time doing achievements. Those people are the worst.

RPGCrazied

Okay. I'm glad its not just me, so there is something wrong with 5.2 that is causing it, the hot fix patch didn't do much of anything. I'm hoping after tomorrow's maintenance it will go away.

Trickster

Okay. I'm glad its not just me, so there is something wrong with 5.2 that is causing it, the hot fix patch didn't do much of anything. I'm hoping after tomorrow's maintenance it will go away.

dont think its its exclusive to 5.2. We had it happen in 5.1 as well

QFTWIhE.png

One of the last few survivors combat rezzed me right as he died, I popped up and instantly took aggro (literally everyone else was dead), got my serpent sting on him, disengaged, tried to summon my pet (dead) and hit Killshot, getting the killing blow. Feels good.

Also a little bit terrifying having him bearing down on you with around 80 unreleased players watching you with their breath held.

Tarazet

Anyone seen the new stat weights for Druids, or have something showing the math from 5.1 so I could tweak it to take into account the buff to Mastery? I'm curious if it's viable to run a high-Stam, Mastery, Dodge build now.

OK, I found Must Tova's guide and played with the spreadsheet a bit, plugging my own numbers in. I found that the Mastery stat is still exactly the same conversion as before. The only thing that changed is the baseline Mastery for a Guardian Druid has gone up from 10% to 12% extra armor. That means it's still an undesirable stat.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
QFTWIhE.png

One of the last few survivors combat rezzed me right as he died, I popped up and instantly took aggro (literally everyone else was dead), got my serpent sting on him, disengaged, tried to summon my pet (dead) and hit Killshot, getting the killing blow. Feels good.

Also a little bit terrifying having him bearing down on you with around 80 unreleased players watching you with their breath held.

I heard you can kite him to the graveyard to get a better shot.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
That was supposedly hotfixed so he despawns if he's taken too far from the tar pits. Supposedly.

Why would they need to hotfix making him harder into the game? The loot he drops isn't all that great.

QFTWIhE.png

Also the best way to do it! Congrats! I sadly don't expect to ever get him on my server. We never have enough Horde on at once. Alliance will grab it every time I'm sure. (2:1 server population) :(

Berordn

Why would they need to hotfix making him harder into the game? The loot he drops isn't all that great.

I guess they just didn't want him being the same pinata that Sha and Galleon were. It also encourages people to keep grouping up for direct heals, instead of just whacking him a few times and living off of atonement and healing rain.

Krogan

Man who cares, even if they had written it for you to see. If people want to get achievements in scenarios and dungeons, they should actually get a group together for it, not just join dungeon finder and expect people to wanna spend time doing achievements. Those people are the worst.

Avoiding the button doesn't waste any time, quite a bit of the scenario achievements are not even out of the way.

I guess they just didn't want him being the same pinata that Sha and Galleon were. It also encourages people to keep grouping up for direct heals, instead of just whacking him a few times and living off of atonement and healing rain.
Only i've never gotten anything off of Sha or Galleon haha :)

But what I did do today was run terrace over and over again. Got the sha touched staff on the 3rd or 4th try for the day. Then I realized it wasn't really that much of an upgrade over what I was using and not worth putting the epic gem into it. So i ran terrace again and lo and behold the caster sword dropped on the next run. I went and checked my raid kills just now and it took 12 Lei Shi kills for the staff, and 16 Tsulong kills for the sword. What a pain. And now the voidbinders are gone :(

Angry Grimace

It's not that its a pinata, its that nobody will do him at all because his loot isn't good enough to justify the annoyance of doing him.

Berordn

It's not that its a pinata, its that nobody will do him at all because his loot isn't good enough to justify the annoyance of doing him.

As long as there's a mount or upgrade for someone on him, you're going to be seeing groups interested. Especially for middle of the road raiders who'll take their upgrades wherever they can get them.

Even on our tiny server we had close to 200 people doing him with some CRZ help, and three or four other CRZ runs going on at the same time.

Bizazedo

I imagine that they don't want everything to be "free" or considered easy.

Constructively, if every world boss is a pushover, it sets people to believing it should always be that way.

And then split beam wrecks everyone :).

It's definitely a fight that's easier with less people....and then you run into the dps requirement because the tank will die as the frontal wave grows in power.

Robin64

Also all world bosses, even the two new ones, are now tagged-to-faction. Way better.

Which is good for Oondasta. Don't think anyone figured out yet how to beat it without using a 200 man zerg method.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Also, who was on your account the other day? :lol

"Not Yoshi, calm the fuck down" - Yoshichan broadcast.
._. That was me... I was just getting hammered as fuck, I just wanted to log in to check something in SC2... and I forgot that I was logging on to my US account (which is tied to my WoW-account) :(

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What is that armor? Looks amazing!

ZenaxPure

It's the Nightslayer recolor. Here's the original set for comparison.

Who should I be building rep with as a plate guy by the way? pets and mounts are also a bonus.

So, the MoP reps are designed to stop giving gear at revered, but, every single rep except the Jinyu/Hozen jade Forest rep and lorewalker rep will have some sort of upgrade for you. That said, every single rep has some sort of mount at exalted, Shado-pan has tigers, tillers has goats, anglers has a mount that can walk on water, celestials has a cloud serpent, cloud serpents have a cloud serpent, lotus has cranes, lorewalker has a flying cloud disc thing, operation shieldwall/dom offensive has the new gryphon/wyvern models, the new sunreaver/kirin tor reps have dinosaurs... and I think that's all of them.

I'd say just look at what you want specifically from a rep and go from there.

Ultratech

Ran the treasure scenario yesterday.

It's pretty interesting. And pretty damn hard in spots. You only get five minutes, and there's lots of Treasure Chests sitting around for you to get.

I didn't get to the end, and I didn't get anything totally special, but I bet I could improve a bit.

Also got one of the newest Spirit Beasts, Degu.
Kind of a pain to tame, since you have to kinda stay in its dead zone to avoid getting brutally massacred. (He hurts. Trust me on that one.)
The biggest annoyance is that if you die, you get stuck with a long ass run to your body, since he pats on the border of the Valley/Krasarang (putting you mostly in Valley).

Also, the whole ritual involving Kroshik on the Isle of Thunder is creepy.

So basically, Kroshik cycles from Egg -> Baby (Tiny Baby Raptor) -> Adult (Giant Devilsaur) -> Sacrificed (See pic above). Then the cycle starts over anew.
Apparently, if you /bow to all 4 forms, then you get an achievement.

Only i've never gotten anything off of Sha or Galleon haha :)

But what I did do today was run terrace over and over again. Got the sha touched staff on the 3rd or 4th try for the day. Then I realized it wasn't really that much of an upgrade over what I was using and not worth putting the epic gem into it. So i ran terrace again and lo and behold the caster sword dropped on the next run. I went and checked my raid kills just now and it took 12 Lei Shi kills for the staff, and 16 Tsulong kills for the sword. What a pain. And now the voidbinders are gone :(

Are sha-touched weapons still able to drop on runs after your first each week?

ZenaxPure

Yep. If you run say as an example, Lei Shi, 20 times in 1 week you can use an Elder charm on her 20 times assuming you have them to spend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom