• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I do all the dailies I can every day.

Same, and if i'm tired of doing them for the day... i skip Klaxxi. I dunno why, i always skip Klaxxi if i don't wanna do any more dailies....

I like Anglers though, 3 dailies and each of them give a lot of rep. Way better than Golden Lotus and its ~12 dailies that gives 110 rep each. Half of my time doing dailies is spent with Golden Lotus ugh.

Ghostcrawler has just said there are no bat mounts because the model for bats is bad and needs updating. So what's the excuse for the fucking atrocious wyvern mounts, I wonder?

I wonder what the excuse is for the hideous plainstrider mounts that kept coming out for this entire calendar year. Bat mounts do not take the Ugly Trophy with those around.

B-Dex

So sick of tanks aoeing all of the daily mobs.

Right when I was gonna cast thunderstorm to nab 4 gazelle some pally swings round and steals them from me. Then proceeds to gather 5 more packs and aoes them down.

At least I can skin them once they leave :( lol

C.Dark.DN

Banned

Right when I was gonna cast thunderstorm to nab 4 gazelle some pally swings round and steals them from me. Then proceeds to gather 5 more packs and aoes them down.

I'm guilty I guess. I pull everything needed near me in blood. But I don't steal from people. I kind of stay quite a distance away from others. I also do dailies at odd hours.

Berordn

I have a bigger issue with hunters and warlocks trying to dot things up when I'm about to go in for the kill, then leaving.

I usually beat them to it or dump aggro on them, but it gets aggravating.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Monk tanking makes for the best obnoxious pulling with Dizzying Haze

I hate it when I am killing the mob guarding an herb and someone runs in to loot it while I have the mob engaged. Of course, I'm a NE so I just shadowmeld and the mob attacks them instead and I loot the herb and fly away :p. Still, it's a rude thing to do!

I'm guilty I guess. I pull everything needed near me in blood. But I don't steal from people. I kind of stay quite a distance away from others. I also do dailies at odd hours.

I'm used to it but the worst part is when someone aggros a mob I've CC'd (mobs frequently come in pairs during Shadowpan dailies) and then grabs 13 more mobs to slowly aoe down, while I wait the 60+ seconds it takes them to kill because they've put me in combat and I can't stealth/fly away to my next objective. It's incredibly rude :(

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I've finally started doing Monk tanking and its gone really well. I have no clue what I'm doing but Dizzying Haze means you can pull a lot of mobs really fast and then Keg Smash em to glue em to you. I'm not really sure of what else I'm supposed to be doing to stay alive.

So far I just use Blackout Kick to put Shuffle up, but it isn't like I have anything close to 100% uptime on it, I mostly just use Breath of Fire instead since it does a lot of damage.

I actually think Monk tanking mechanics are pretty interesting, but they do seem a little...green, I suppose. Like they haven't worked out all the kinks in how its supposed to work.

Berordn

I've finally started doing Monk tanking and its gone really well. I have no clue what I'm doing but Dizzying Haze means you can pull a lot of mobs really fast and then Keg Smash em to glue em to you. I'm not really sure of what else I'm supposed to be doing to stay alive.

So far I just use Blackout Kick to put Shuffle up, but it isn't like I have anything close to 100% uptime on it, I mostly just use Breath of Fire instead since it does a lot of damage.

I actually think Monk tanking mechanics are pretty interesting, but they do seem a little...green, I suppose. Like they haven't worked out all the kinks in how its supposed to work.

Monks are a bit special, since they have so little passive mitigation, and it works well in the Pandaria dungeons and raids at max level. Until then, things feel like they hit too hard or that you're missing some significant part of your toolkit, and generally they're both true.

Entropia

No One Remembers

Monk tanking is reallllllly fun!

Ciassou can probably give you a better rundown. But:

1) Use Blackout Kick to keep Shuffle up
2) Use Tiger Palm to get 3 stacks of Power Guard -> use Guard
3) Stagger distributes damage over time instead of up front. There's 3 separate debuffs: Light -> Moderate -> Heavy. You eventually get an ability called Purifying brew that clears it back down to Light. So when you hit Heavy, you use it.
4) Use Keg Smash when you can in AOE Situations, it gives you 2 Chi.

Robin64

Ugh, I do hate when someone tags a mob I was going for, but my attack gets more aggro. Then they do nothing and I have to kill their fucking mob for them.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Ugh, I do hate when someone tags a mob I was going for, but my attack gets more aggro. Then they do nothing and I have to kill their fucking mob for them.
It happens all the time, and it's really frustrating ._.

Robin64

I've actually taken to doing that. Leaping off the cliffs of the Tiller daily area and bubbling. I should get that glyph that lets me do the old bubblehearth trick.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I'm used to it but the worst part is when someone aggros a mob I've CC'd (mobs frequently come in pairs during Shadowpan dailies) and then grabs 13 more mobs to slowly aoe down, while I wait the 60+ seconds it takes them to kill because they've put me in combat and I can't stealth/fly away to my next objective. It's incredibly rude :(
Oh yeah that's lame. I've dpsed tagged mobs not intending to steal and have to wait sometimes. Like... 5 mins ago. Pretty sure I never trapped anyone. Not in shadow pan yet.

Do it... Do it...

<Finger hovers over Mass Dispel key bind>

Shattering Throw is a man's immunity breaker! Never get to use that as much as I'd like though. Sometimes I just pop it more for fun since it lowers armor too.

Warriors are the king of the 5 minute cooldown. They have so many at that time.

Garryk

Guys, none of those are ret paladin abilities. Guys. Seriously.
Well now that I know you are a Ret pally I have no sympathy. When my Vanish is on CD, it takes me about a minute to kill said mob. You are probably ready to use HoW as soon as you pull.

mclem

Mass AoE is the only way we can get through the dailies at a reasonable rate, though. Killing things individually takes much longer for us than it does for you so it balances out a little.

That said, explicitly stealing sucks.

Shaman Resto pvp is bearable. Haven't done arenas yet.

The real issue is retarded horde.

Does anyone know if BGs are still determined by battlegroup? If a friend from another battlegroup invites me, do I get sucked into their battlegroup?

Draxal

Well now that I know you are a Ret pally I have no sympathy. When my Vanish is on CD, it takes me about a minute to kill said mob. You are probably ready to use HoW as soon as you pull.

Wut, ret's damage is all backloaded into cds. Really wished they smoothened out the curve for ret.

Fjordson

Haha, I hate that also. Happens a lot on my hunter. I'll mark the mob and everything and my pet is like two steps away, but they still go for it and get the tag. And then it's awkward because my pet taunts every few seconds so it's like uh...well, okay, guess I'll kill this for you.

Trickster

Haha, I hate that also. Happens a lot on my hunter. I'll mark the mob and everything and my pet is like two steps away, but they still go for it and get the tag. And then it's awkward because my pet taunts every few seconds so it's like uh...well, okay, guess I'll kill this for you.

Can't you just tell your pet to stop attack and then run away? I have had people do the "tag and watch" to me. And there's no way in hell I oblige them and kill the mob for them.

Fjordson

Can't you just tell your pet to stop attack and then run away? I have had people do the "tag and watch" to me. And there's no way in hell I oblige them and kill the mob for them.
Well right as the pet gets near the mob he taunts, so if I call off my pet the mob follows.

Luckily they don't usually just watch and are attacking it also so I just let the pet attack with them and move on to another mob.

TheContact

I love the seasonal events they do, especially Halloween and Winterfest.

Did anyone play Ultima Online way back in the day (around t2a era) and remember the holiday servers they would put up during December? One I remember is being able to pick Santa or Reindeer and you would go around Trinsic (it spawned you there) killing each other or doing whatever. I wish I had a pic, they're long gone now and I can't find any on the internet

Milly79

So, I'm thinking on coming over to WoW from SWToR. I had a WoW account probably 4-5 years ago, and I really have no idea what email I used. How good are they at gifting accounts back?

Berordn

So, I'm thinking on coming over to WoW from SWToR. I had a WoW account probably 4-5 years ago, and I really have no idea what email I used. How good are they at gifting accounts back?

Really good. Make a battle.net account and you can use the old-account merge process or call them to help you recover it.

Ultratech

Got the Wagon out of my Farm, so upgraded farm get!

Also did some LFR and got the Mail Agi Chest off the Stone Guard, as well as some more sigils.

Now if only I can get some more upgrades from Heroics....(drop rates aren't being nice)

ampere

Monk tanking is reallllllly fun!

Ciassou can probably give you a better rundown. But:

1) Use Blackout Kick to keep Shuffle up
2) Use Tiger Palm to get 3 stacks of Power Guard -> use Guard
3) Stagger distributes damage over time instead of up front. There's 3 separate debuffs: Light -> Moderate -> Heavy. You eventually get an ability called Purifying brew that clears it back down to Light. So when you hit Heavy, you use it.
4) Use Keg Smash when you can in AOE Situations, it gives you 2 Chi.

This is a pretty good basic description, I'll just add that Keg Smash is priority when it comes off CD even on single target for the Chi generation, and Tiger Palm also stacks an armor penetration buff which is cool.

There are more cooldowns and abilities but this is a good starting explanation for how to brewmaster

Everyday I'm shufflin!

C.Dark.DN

Banned

Entropia

No One Remembers
Yanger!

Getting my hands into Challenge Modes... need hints/tips/tricks!

We managed to get Silver on Gate of the Setting Sun on our first run! :)

Last night we got ... completed in Siege lol

Tarazet

You'll have fun as a tank class.

Everyone else fucking hates it if they can't get 5 people together to just mow through the mobs. 4/6 of the helpers during those quests are useless, even dangerous.

I can't get through those as a cat. Even if I isolate one of the elite mantid mobs and pull it way off the road so nothing else will aggro, it's too much damage and I get slaughtered. The CC items are useless, and the vanish item doesn't drop combat properly so they just run after you and kill you anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom