• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, what happens when you level up? It just says level up but doesn't really tell me what I gain besides from a new skill at certain levels. I can check when I will get new skills but how do I figure out what stats and other stuff I gain at level ups?

Robin64

Also, what happens when you level up? It just says level up but doesn't really tell me what I gain besides from a new skill at certain levels. I can check when I will get new skills but how do I figure out what stats and other stuff I gain at level ups?

They hid the stats from level up as I guess they were just too small of an increase to matter.

ZenaxPure

I adore the zone, but the dailies feel a lot like Golden Lotus, if only because of how its split up between random questing areas again. Maybe they'll get better when we're not doing Court of Bones so often.

I don't mind the different quest areas myself, but, imo the HUGE difference between this and Golden Lotus is that the GL dailies were fucked for fresh level 90s. It could take 45+ minutes to do all their quests when you were in a mix of blues and quest greens. If you fast forward to now, the mobs on this island barely have any more HP than those in the Vale and on my rogue I tend to finish all 3 of these hubs in about 20-25 minutes (if I don't stop for rare spawns or anything).

And lastly, King's Defender is hilarious on a gnome lock! Now that i got a caster sword, i can play around with all the different tanking sword transmogs available. This should be fun.

If you want a really funny transmog you should grab yourself a Talon of Azshara, because that sword was originally used a 2 handed model in vanilla but got repurposed as a 1 hander in TBC for some reason.

Slayerx

This is so weird, because of a certain game :p I wasn't able to log into WoW for 2 days and I already feel so far behind hehe.

Level 10. I'm playing the starter edition. I'm pretty sure that my HP and MP are going up. Not sure about anything else. I'm not even sure if there are "base" stats like strength, intelligence, dexterity, etc. I'll have to login and check.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

The stats you gain are pretty much immaterial beyond health and mana. Most WoW stats are baked into gear and not level - since gear from dungeons and such is level locked, this is how you get significantly stronger.

A lot of the leveling stuff is stuff that used to not be hidden; for example, you have a very high chance to miss opponents who are significantly higher than your level and you have a now-hidden "weapon skill" stat that determines block/parry chances and vice versa (high level mobs have a high chance to critically strike you).

Is there a guide for which instances provide bonus rep in LFD and the scenarios? I've never gotten any rep and was just curious.
If you want a really funny transmog you should grab yourself a Talon of Azshara, because that sword was originally used a 2 handed model in vanilla but got repurposed as a 1 hander in TBC for some reason.
lol i'll have to look into that one. Although I haven't been in SSC in a long time.

ZenaxPure

The bonus rep comes from any of them. The first random dungeon/scenario you pick gives you the rep, but, you have to champion the faction in the rep frame by clicking the star beside their name.

The bonus rep comes from any of them. The first random dungeon/scenario you pick gives you the rep, but, you have to champion the faction in the rep frame by clicking the star beside their name.
hmm well i usually click on the choose rep button, highlight the anglers rep bar, and then click on the queue button. But I've never once seen any bonus rep at the end a run. It should list it at the end right? Like 300 rep in blue letters or something? weird that i never see it and my rep never increases.

ZenaxPure

You don't highlight it. There is a star beside the name of the faction that you click, if the star is lit up it means you are getting rep for that faction.

Ultratech

Did the 1st ToT LFR.

Didn't go too bad. Only wiped twice. Once on the bridge (I d/c'd, so I missed this.) and then we kinda purposefully wiped on Council, since nobody apparently knew how it worked.
Other than that, everything went great.

Won shoulders off 1st boss. Didn't win crap from anything else (failbags were especially fail today...).

You don't highlight it. There is a star beside the name of the faction that you click, if the star is lit up it means you are getting rep for that faction.

That and the Queue Window will tell you that you'll get Bonus Rep with X.

So last Saturday, I got the agility ring from Jinroh and I got his trinket from my mogu roll.

I'm afraid to do LFR because of the massive amount of fail located there, but I probably won't be able to resist not going ahead and going when I get home tonight.

I feel like the bridge is going to be the worst part of the experience.

Well I'm giving up on the game. Got my mage to level 10. Got bored with it. Switched to paladin which I got up to level 7. Got bored again. All the quests are repetitive and boring. I guess you have to play with other people. Is the endgame content of pvp, dungeons and raids interesting? I probably should go in a time machine and play the game back when it came out in 2004. It just feels like a boring grind to get up to the part where you can do meaningful things with other people.

That and the Queue Window will tell you that you'll get Bonus Rep with X.
Thanks. I'll check again, but i don't think i can choose which rep to go with anymore. No option to select. That's really annoying how confusing they made it. Seriously, you should click on the faction you like and be done with it.

ZenaxPure

That's really annoying how confusing they made it. Seriously, you should click on the faction you like and be done with it.

Lol, but that is literally how it works though. The star is literally beside the name of the faction and provides the needed info when you hover over it. It's not confusing in the least.

YpRcUSR.jpg

Rokam

Quick LFR how to for Melee players:
Jin'Rokh
Stand in the pools for damage increase and faceroll your way to victory. When starts casting Lighting Storm get out of the pool and move to an empty spot, pop any defensive CD's to help healers out. The pool you were standing in is now electrified so wait for another pool to spawn. Rinse and repeat.

Horridon
DPS boss till adds start spawning. Each door will spawn adds dps them down, and as soon as the Dinomancer spawns attack it. Be sure to interrupt its heal, and when it reaches 50% it'll drop an orb on the ground click it to force the boss to ram the door stopping adds from spawning.
-First door: Stay out of the sand shit on the ground.
-Second door: Interrupt Venomancers as they do an AoE poison volley that stacks. Stay out of poison pools.
-Third door: Snare the little guys, when they hit their target they put a disease on them that stacks. Avoid Frost Orbs.
-Fourth door: Stay out of shit, kill shit.
When War-God Jalak jumps down (All doors destroyed or Horridon at 30%) focus him down quickly and finish off Horridon.

Council Of Elders
Focus whichever boss is currently large and purple.
-Mar'li will spawn a Blessed Loa Spirit, snare it and kill it whenever it spawns she'll do this even when not purple. Interrupt her other abilities whenever you're on her.
-Sul will cast Sandstorm while he's infused with Garajal's spirit. Use defensive CD's for the aoe damage and aoe down his adds. You should collapse towards middle so tanks can pick up adds, but no one does.
Other 2 bosses abilities don't do shit in terms of damage at least on DPS. Stay out of any crap on the ground and claim your bag of gold.

Trickster

Aww, my guild decided to have a late night 10 man raid group to try and clear ToT on normal so we could start heroic after the reset. We managed to get lei shen into last phase once, but not kill him :(

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Lol, but that is literally how it works though. The star is literally beside the name of the faction and provides the needed info when you hover over it. It's not confusing in the least.

YpRcUSR.jpg

It took me a while to noticed the stars though. The dungeon window doesn't mention anything about stars, so i was like : "I'm clicking on the faction i want a rep reward, but nothing is happening." It wasn't very clear, even if once i noticed the stars, i was like "Oh. That's how you do it, duh!".

ZenaxPure

It took me a while to noticed the stars though. The dungeon window doesn't mention anything about stars, so i was like : "I'm clicking on the faction i want a rep reward, but nothing is happening." It wasn't very clear, even if once i noticed the stars, i was like "Oh. That's how you do it, duh!".

Well, for me I noticed a big fat star that had never been there before, so I moved my mouse over it.

Quick LFR how to for Melee players:
Council Of Elders
Focus whichever boss is currently large and purple.
-Mar'li will spawn a Blessed Loa Spirit, snare it and kill it whenever it spawns she'll do this even when not purple. Interrupt her other abilities whenever you're on her.
-Sul will cast Sandstorm while he's infused with Garajal's spirit. Use defensive CD's for the aoe damage and aoe down his adds. You should collapse towards middle so tanks can pick up adds, but no one does.

Other 2 bosses abilities don't do shit in terms of damage at least on DPS. Stay out of any crap on the ground and claim your bag of gold.

Wishful thinking, the tanks in my LFR today didn't tank priestess far enough away from the other countil members to prevent a single heal and we lost 3-4 people each pull to nobody dpsing the shadowed spirit. :(

Ultratech

Wishful thinking, the tanks in my LFR today didn't tank priestess far enough away from the other countil members to prevent a single heal and we lost 3-4 people each pull to nobody dpsing the shadowed spirit. :(

Heh, this is what happened when we wiped on Council.

Tank had Mar'li right by one of the Possessed guys and he kept getting her heals, since the Loa Spirit didn't have to travel.

And yeah, the Spirit she summons while Possessed will insta-gib somebody if it isn't killed quickly.

Tarazet

I did a full clear LFR as a melee.. last boss first of course. The DPS requirements on the Council are pretty severe - we had most of the group up and still hit enrage. On the runs where we didn't, we got raped by a round of sand adds as soon as the second-to-last died. We got him with only the main tank up at 5% health and a Holy Priest angel healing him for the last few seconds. Other than that, as long as the DPS are on the adds before they turn to Horridon, it's an easy rep run.

No loot in 3 bosses and 3 extra rolls. But, I got to Friendly thanks to a couple normal trash runs I did, so I bought my 522 bracers.

The valor trinkets are pretty terrible for Druid tanks. Hit with an Agi proc? I reforge everything out of Hit and I'm still over cap. The Mastery and extra health battlemaster trinket is the only semi-decent one, but it's no good for my Feral off-set.

On the other hand, the trinket that Jin'rokh drops is tasty.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
We don't know, but that's as good a guess as being able to do old quests or stat scaling for dungeons. All we know is that it will include old content and that the way blizzard words it is that it's a "huge undertaking" and will offer "a lot of content".

maybe they'll let us go back to vanilla azeroth with that time machine tech they developed for krasarang.

Rokam

On each of my runs I told the tanks that was the main thing was to seperate Marli and the rest of them. I made it my job to snare and kill the add.

Tarazet

On each of my runs I told the tanks that was the main thing was to seperate Marli and the rest of them. I made it my job to snare and kill the add.

It seems like the best strategy is to just swap them out whenever the debuff from Marokk is getting over 10 stacks. One on Marli, one on Marokk, and they just keep switching. The other two just do whatever the hell they want and aren't a big deal if they smack you around a bit.

cdyhybrid

Got zero loot even with extra rolls but we only wiped once on the Council. Nailed it after that. Still going to go back and farm ToES and HoF though, I have 4 or 5 slots that would still be upgrades with loot from there.

Enosh

I'm such a moron

servers got up, got on my paladin and rushed rares for a fast key, got it, got into the scenarion, opened some boxes got 11 or 12 coins and 2 burial keys, got teleported into that room with all the burial chest and like last time click on the npc and click on the thing she says thinking this is where I get another key, like last time

screen is fading to black and I just manage to read "ready to leave"
turn out you get the extra key only on the first run when you have the quest...

lordmrw

Well I'm giving up on the game. Got my mage to level 10. Got bored with it. Switched to paladin which I got up to level 7. Got bored again. All the quests are repetitive and boring. I guess you have to play with other people. Is the endgame content of pvp, dungeons and raids interesting? I probably should go in a time machine and play the game back when it came out in 2004. It just feels like a boring grind to get up to the part where you can do meaningful things with other people.

when you hit level 15 the dungeon finder becomes available. With it you can que up for a random dungeon appropriate for your level with other players in our battle group. Once you reach closer to level 20 you'll start to get more varied and involved quests. It sounds cliche but stick with it.

THIS SO MUCH!! I never noticed the stars on the screen, and that was with me searching for them, until that pic was posted (thanks btw :D) Everyone kept saying the star and all I could think of was the star next to the "choose reputation" button. At least now I know.

Well, for me I noticed a big fat star that had never been there before, so I moved my mouse over it.

Haha yeah. I noticed it straight away! Ive been adding rep to the could serpents just because that was the first place I noticed that had mounts.

Need to snap out of the "rush" to 90.
Im at 4 bars from 89 and Ive started to just skim then quest info and rush out. Where as when I got to pandaria I was reading it all more or less.
Done all the quests in the first three zones and went through the gates and was like
"woah new city! woah new this! new that!"
for some reason I didnt think they had a captial for players in the xpac.

Westlo

Sigh, I wish i had bought a fuckton of golden lotus back in feb when it used to sell for around 35g... gems sell like hotcakes these days and golden lotus transmutes are the best way. Especially with the stupid change to prospecting, hate the new delay....

McNei1y

So last week I posted about probably taking off raiding for awhile and that I thought a good way segue into that was last night when I had a work function.

I didn't log in at all last night but I did check out the logs this morning. The guild downed the first 5 bosses in one night (it took us 3 nights [12 hours] last week when I was raiding). So I'm glad they're moving right along but it does kind of suck to know that I wont be there to get any of the remaining 7.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Haha yeah. I noticed it straight away! Ive been adding rep to the could serpents just because that was the first place I noticed that had mounts.

Spoilers alert : All factions have a mount at exalted. Although only Cloud Serpent and Shado-Pan gives one for free.

Westlo

5k in gem sales from 20 mins work, god damn why did i give up on the gem market because of the first month lol, smh if i was better prepared..

only prob with gems is a lot of relisting and shit, same prob with inscription, atm I just list all my glyphs (about 100, cbf making more) every day or two and if sales it sales if not whatever. gems have much higher demand though...

I'll be ready for 5.4 and the more than likely epic gem market (thanks dupers)

RPGCrazied

Finally got my rogue to 461 gs. So I que up for some 25 man MSV LFR. My first raid in years. We wiped a couple times on the stone dog things, kept turning us into stones, then we got the buff for dieing and cleared it. Also did the next 2 bosses, then half the raid left.

I didn't get anything but Sigil's of power. :( Oh and some gold. I used elder charms too. Oh well.

Tamanon

Banned
Spoilers alert : All factions have a mount at exalted. Although only Cloud Serpent and Shado-Pan gives one for free.

Technically you get a free one for finishing the Alliance/Horde 5.1 offensive reps too, or at least their scenarios! And then you can buy another.

I didnt know that when I came back to the game though did I!
Ive foudn the Yaks though 3k!! crazy money for a ground mount but Im still tempted.

5k in gem sales from 20 mins work, god damn why did i give up on the gem market because of the first month lol, smh if i was better prepared..

only prob with gems is a lot of relisting and shit, same prob with inscription, atm I just list all my glyphs (about 100, cbf making more) every day or two and if sales it sales if not whatever. gems have much higher demand though...

I'll be ready for 5.4 and the more than likely epic gem market (thanks dupers)

I used to make SO much money when I had max JC during WoTLK.
Shame my main now is alch/herb (becuase I wanted to pots for my old main..)

This game really needs a way to upgrade your ground mounts to flying, and it also needs "appear offline."

Almost every other complaint I've ever had about this game has been addressed in some form already.

So this morning I was so caught up in my routine of doing isle of thunder dailies that i didn't even realize i had hit revered with the kirin tor before turning in 2-3 more quests. Kind of felt like a waste since I didn't buy the commendation before turning in the rest. Still, I'm pleased at how fast the rep grind has gone. Less than 7 more days until exalted. Also, I saw that you can purchase keys with 3 elder charms from the kirin tor quartermaster that work on treasure trove chests for that scenario. Kind of cool I guess.
I didnt know that when I came back to the game though did I!
Ive foudn the Yaks though 3k!! crazy money for a ground mount but Im still tempted.

I used to make SO much money when I had max JC during WoTLK.
Shame my main now is alch/herb (becuase I wanted to pots for my old main..)
I really need to get my warrior's mining/ JC maxed out. The problem is that I have no desire to level him through MoP. He's been sitting at 85 since Cata. That and I just leveled my rogue to 86 and then some to get skinning maxed out. I found turtles were the best to kill since they're neutral and also easy to kite. I swam all the way to the Dread Wastes from Krasarang Wilds to kill level 90 turtles while at 86. It was slow and i had to kite, but i got it done. The turtles on the southwest coast constantly stop and try to do some special melee ability called snapjaw which makes them really easy. Just have to avoid the other mobs walking around.
This game really needs a way to upgrade your ground mounts to flying, and it also needs "appear offline."

Almost every other complaint I've ever had about this game has been addressed in some form already.
I support this.

Entropia

No One Remembers

They said they were adding an "appear offline" feature months ago, before 5.1 even I think. No clue where that went. (BTW, I think the idea of it in an MMO is pretty stupid.)

(BTW, I think the idea of it in an MMO is pretty stupid.)

Not when you have IRL friends who think WoW is a chat client. I'm not mean enough to tell this person I don't want to hear about his relationship issues every time I log in. Talk to me about the game? No problem whatsoever, but I'm not your shrink dammit!

And re: flying ground mounts - I'm still bitter about never getting the Headless Horsemen's mount and want to make my Dreadsteed fly.

Plus, flying elekks. Makes no damn sense but would be awesome. Just sayin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom