• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyRiven

Nope, that's everyone.

I'm glad it isn't just me. Of course, it's also been leading to me getting disconnected and coming back dead. What a pain.

On an even weirder note, my Stormstrike stopped working altogether during my Tuesday night raid of ToT. Pretty sure it wasn't my keyboard. All my other abilities worked, my offhand was not broken. Stormblast didn't work either. I still can't figure out what happened.

I turned lua errors on because all the weird stuff that's been happening, I assumed had to do with my addons, but I really haven't been getting any lua errors at all, except from Possessions.

ZenaxPure

Doubled my RAM today on this shitty computer, went from taking 5-10 minutes to completely exit WoW and computer to not run like shit, to be able to do it instantly. Success, that was the most annoying shit ever.

Oh man, I had the exact same experience. My machine is pretty old, but even when I got it back in 2008 it wasn't top of the line or anything. Only had 2 gigs of RAM. Got fed up the game taking 1 minute+ to close or alt tab and my computer running like garbage so I bumped it up to 4 gigs last xmas.

Life changing experience man, life changing. Being able to alt tab to wowhead instantly is so nice. Really need a new PC but this ram will tide me over until then.

Two bars till 90! Will be nice to actually be able to do more than hand pat his stupid fish for rep, grow plants just for food skill ups and being able to fly about..

Ive got 2 paragons into the klaix questline and it seems like a cool zone! Alot more interesting to quest in and I presume a good way to bump up rep with them?

Thought it best to log before I hit 90 otherwise ill be up all night doing stuff.

cdyhybrid

Two bars till 90! Will be nice to actually be able to do more than hand pat his stupid fish for rep, grow plants just for food skill ups and being able to fly about..

Ive got 2 paragons into the klaix questline and it seems like a cool zone! Alot more interesting to quest in and I presume a good way to bump up rep with them?

Thought it best to log before I hit 90 otherwise ill be up all night doing stuff.

You'll be doing dailies for them eventually.

Oh man, I had the exact same experience. My machine is pretty old, but even when I got it back in 2008 it wasn't top of the line or anything. Only had 2 gigs of RAM. Got fed up the game taking 1 minute+ to close or alt tab and my computer running like garbage so I bumped it up to 4 gigs last xmas.

Life changing experience man, life changing. Being able to alt tab to wowhead instantly is so nice. Really need a new PC but this ram will tide me over until then.

ha, grats dudes. I feel your pain. Used to rock 2GB and now have 8 on a 64bit machine with a AMD 7850...couldn't imagine not being able to tab out over and over haha

Honestly, I felt like the klaaxi storyline was far and away the most interesting and engaging. I kind of wanted it to keep going by the time I was done. It's funny because I enjoyed the race and the storyline, but I felt like the Heart of Fear raid was really dull.
ha, grats dudes. I feel your pain. Used to rock 2GB and now have 8 on a 64bit machine with a AMD 7850...couldn't imagine not being able to tab out over and over haha
I used to play wow on a laptop, all i had at the time, and it only had 1.5 gigs of ram. It allowed you to upgrade it to 2 gigs, which I eventually did, but man that was some serious lag during raids and of course, dalaran melted my computer lol.

cdyhybrid

Honestly, I felt like the klaaxi storyline was far and away the most interesting and engaging. I kind of wanted it to keep going by the time I was done. It's funny because I enjoyed the race and the storyline, but I felt like the Heart of Fear raid was really dull.

Probably because every mob looks the same in the raid :p

Sounds like proving grounds evolved into a big project. He said if it makes it into the game he wants it to serve 2 purposes. One, obviously, is the ability to teach players how to play their role. If someone went 90 levels as a DPS while questing they can do that to learn the basics of healing or tanking (or even proper DPS in a raid setting). The other goal is to have something like the Brawler's Guild except for every spec, they would like to create a thing that can be done for skill so you can go "hey, i'm the best fucking healer bitch, check me out". He was pretty vague on WHAT the actual content would be, but, just that he wanted to convey similar feelings of the brawler's guild for roles other than DPS.

Awesome for me. I've been intrigued by the idea of fistweaving and it'd be cool to learn how to do it in a setting where everyone in the raid/heroic won't scream at me for being bad.

Hopefully this happens sooner than later.

Westlo

Is there a macro where you can have it summon a flying mount when it's possible to fly and if not summon a ground mount?

Also up to 480k gold... really thinking of blowing most of that on that Feldrake TCG Mount....

Trickster

Is there a macro where you can have it summon a flying mount when it's possible to fly and if not summon a ground mount?

Also up to 480k gold... really thinking of blowing most of that on that Feldrake TCG Mount....

Think it it should work if you make a macro like this

/cast *name of flying mount*
/cast *name of ground mount*

Works on isle of thunder at least

I use this, it uses a ground mount when you can't fly. IT also uses a random mount everytime so you don't get bored of any of them.

/run if not IsMounted() then local m,t,f="mount",{{},{}} for i=1,GetNumCompanions(m) do tinsert(t[bit.band(2,select(6,GetCompanionInfo(m,i)))==0 and 1 or 2],i) end f=IsFlyableArea() and 2 or 1 CallCompanion(m,t[f][random(#t[f])]) else Dismount() end

ZenaxPure

Oh GhostCrawler.

I played alone from the end of TBC to Cataclysm. I enjoy playing alone.

Eh, I enjoy mostly playing alone too but this is a real problem, with the recent oondasta change for example there are just some servers where that giant dinosaur will never be killed by a specific faction, or even worse, never be able to kill him at all.

In the actual full interview GC says it's not even a problem with low pop realms specifically as much as it's a problem with specific servers becoming known for something so people flock to those servers for the same reason. They can't realistically put a stop to people rolling on those servers since you'd have people not being able to play with their friends (among other problems) so they want to find alternative solutions for it.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
CRZ is cool despite losing chances at rare mounts or fighting against people for quest monsters. Thanks to that, Ironforge isn't a ghost town anymore. I went there yesterday, and there was more than 4 people in there. More than FOUR! I never saw so many people near the AH and bank.

CRZ is cool despite losing chances at rare mounts or fighting against people for quest monsters. Thanks to that, Ironforge isn't a ghost town anymore. I went there yesterday, and there was more than 4 people in there. More than FOUR! I never saw so many people near the AH and bank.

I appreciate this too. I feel like an old man when I tell my newbie girlfriend that Ironforge used to be where it's at. But thanks to CRZ it's at least a little more populated than it was before CRZ.

And on the Horde side, it's nice to see so many folks in Undercity :)

I ended up using the RandomCompanion addon because it does this and it'll summon random companion pets for me every X amount of minutes.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

I mean, you can just summon a mount that is both, e.g. Wind Riders, Gryphons, Headless Horseman's Mount, etc.

CRZ killed my chances of ever finding TLPD and Aeonaxx :(
this so true.. sometimes when I happen to be up late at night and think, "this would be a good time to check out storm peaks," I remember crz, get discouraged and dont even bother. Like the mount wasnt hard enough to get without crz. So lame.

Wow their are some scum mother fuckers in the game. Got to fight one of the rare dino spawns and some asshole dragged him off the cliff and for love nor money I couldnt get it back, it reset then they stole it. Such horse shit.
Didnt realize I was back to playing FF11 for fucksake.

cdyhybrid

Wow their are some scum mother fuckers in the game. Got to fight one of the rare dino spawns and some asshole dragged him off the cliff and for love nor money I couldnt get it back, it reset then they stole it. Such horse shit.
Are you on PvP?

miniMacGuru

Neo Member

I use the following (replace the mount names with your own). It summons your flying mount if you're in a flyable area, and ground mount otherwise. It will act a dismount button if you are on any kind of mount. It also lets you hold shift to always use your ground mount.

I've used variations of this macro to support ghost wolf form/druid travel form with mod keys as well.
Code:
#showtooltip [flyable][nomod] Grand Armored Gryphon; Summon Charger
/cast [flyable,nomounted,nomod] Grand Armored Gryphon
/cast [noflyable,nomounted][mod,nomounted] Summon Charger
/dismount [mounted]

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

There's a guy on SA that would steal rare spawns from his own faction by blowing the Salyean Warscout's horn to summon adds and then stealthing so the person fighting the rare would die to the adds and then he would steal it.

I use the following (replace the mount names with your own). It summons your flying mount if you're in a flyable area, and ground mount otherwise. It will act a dismount button if you are on any kind of mount. It also lets you hold shift to always use your ground mount.

I've used variations of this macro to support ghost wolf form/druid travel form with mod keys as well.
Code:
/dismount [mounted]

Very nice. I'll use this, thanks!

Speaking of macros, my favorite macro at the moment is a simple one: I'm a mage so I combined Blink and Blazing Speed into one button. Makes for a great escape button!

Are you on PvP?

There's a guy on SA that would steal rare spawns from his own faction by blowing the Salyean Warscout's horn to summon adds and then stealthing so the person fighting the rare would die to the adds and then he would steal it.

Yeah pvp server but I think its horde dominated. Cant say ive seen any ally in the wild the whole 85-90 stint.

Its was mostly just infuriating and took it badly haha.

Rokam

I've yet to have my Warbringer stolen, but see tons of people doing it to others. I usually jump down and help kill it quickly. A few times this has gotten me invites to other Warbringer spawns after they've been tagged because they remembered me. Still haven't seen a mount drop yet though. I usually invite the first person to ask for a tag to group unless it's the jade warbringer spawn. Don't really care about slate mount.

A blue came out and said that it's not a bannable offense to taunt and reset. Which is bullshit because I'm pretty sure people got banned for resetting Galleon and Sha early in the expansion.

Ultratech

Eh, I enjoy mostly playing alone too but this is a real problem, with the recent oondasta change for example there are just some servers where that giant dinosaur will never be killed by a specific faction, or even worse, never be able to kill him at all.

In the actual full interview GC says it's not even a problem with low pop realms specifically as much as it's a problem with specific servers becoming known for something so people flock to those servers for the same reason. They can't realistically put a stop to people rolling on those servers since you'd have people not being able to play with their friends (among other problems) so they want to find alternative solutions for it.

I don't mind playing alone, but it's gotten to a point where my Realm almost feels empty at times.
I remember in BC where there was quite a bit of stuff always going.
(Sometime in there between Wrath and Cata, everything went to shit.)

Realistically, I can probably say with full confidence that Oondasta on my realm won't go down for a VERY long time, if ever.

Also kinda pissed that they put up Realm Transfers but hardly any of 'em go to Realms that need a major population influx. (All 3 Realms listed have pops of around 80-90k; mine barely has 20k.)

CRZ killed my chances of ever finding TLPD and Aeonaxx :(

I know, right? Without CRZ, I'd probably have good chances at 'em. Not anymore.

It's also made life hell for Hunters trying to get Rare Pets, since everybody will camp a spot. (Not an issue for me, but it is for others.)

Westlo

Remote auction house being able to buy out all stacks is pretty fucking awesome. Went to buy 241 stacks of elementium ore @ 50g each, would've given me RSI doing that on my comp.... I sell stacks of bars of that stuff for like 250g each so a lot of profit....

Than I find out about the 200 transactions a day limit, fml.

ZenaxPure

For anyone curious or didn't know, you can gain character xp from pet battles at 89 now, guess it came with the hotfix. Also fighting level 25 pets seems to give my level 89 mage about 175k xp. Not a bad amount really. Seems like they fixed all the scaling stuff with it.

Rokam

Dinged 69 on my hunter so started making the rounds picking up exotic pets. Was on my way to MC to pick up a corehound when all of a sudden I see a Corehound rare spawn roaming around in BRM with the Chromaggus skin. Not sure how I missed it on the list of pet models! Hooray. Not looking forward to getting a spirit beast.

Dinged 69 on my hunter so started making the rounds picking up exotic pets. Was on my way to MC to pick up a corehound when all of a sudden I see a Corehound rare spawn roaming around in BRM with the Chromaggus skin. Not sure how I missed it on the list of pet models! Hooray. Not looking forward to getting a spirit beast.

Theres on one the drani starter island aswell if Im remembering properly.

So what are my options for gearing now im 90?

The game just kinda said "woo your 90! heres a fuck load of dailies to do"
The list of instances shot up, but having never been to more then 4 of them, how they hell would anyone have the guts to sign up to tank one of those straight off the bat!?
I ran like 7 of them, didnt learn a damn thing as its full of over geared people, I even got bitched at for doing rubbish dps! Im still In greens damn it!
Now im sitting on a bunch of points but I dont know where I can spend them as heres no valor points "guy" like in Wotlk that I can find atleast.

Oh god and I went to thunder island.. fuck knows what is happening there! I could hardly find the mobs I needed to kill! It was like a Hyper version of that island in cata!

Ran a few scenarios and they were ok but they seemed long winded for what was basically 20G an a blue that I couldnt use

Rokam

You can visit individual rep vendors or there's a valor and JP vendor in Townlong Steppes on the top of Niuzao Temple.

Brofist

The list of instances shot up, but having never been to more then 4 of them, how they hell would anyone have the guts to sign up to tank one of those straight off the bat!?
I ran like 7 of them, didnt learn a damn thing as its full of over geared people, I even got bitched at for doing rubbish dps! Im still In greens damn it!
Now im sitting on a bunch of points but I dont know where I can spend them as heres no valor points "guy" like in Wotlk that I can find atleast.

Oh god and I went to thunder island.. fuck knows what is happening there! I could hardly find the mobs I needed to kill! It was like a Hyper version of that island in cata!

Ran a few scenarios and they were ok but they seemed long winded for what was basically 20G an a blue that I couldnt use

Best bet, depending on how much gold you have is to gear up in all 450 blues from the AH. On my server it's pretty cheap. Then run heroics until you have good enough gear for LFR. Shouldn't take long. The first valor item you should buy is the 522 neck since you need no rep and it'll boost your ilvl by like 6 alone.

If you don't mind PVP the honor gear is easy enough to get, and its 476 gear. But you'll get your ass handed in BGs without gear which doesn't make for a fun experience.

Rokam

I've been getting really "lucky" on Warbringer spawns most of the ones I've killed have been Jade and there's usually no one around it seems after 5 am everyone just disappears. Sadly no mount yet.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

You might not be aware of this, but if you wanna buy items with valor points, you need to be honored/revered with factions... so you gotta do dailies and pick the faction you want extra rep with when doing your daily heroic/scenario.

There is a valor point guy in Townlong Steppes, behind the Niuzao Temple, you'll see a big icon on your worldmap pointing to it. You can also buy items at the factions quartermasters.

As for not knowing the instances for tanking them, i'd suggest just queueing as DPS to learn the bosses.

Hmm I'm already bored of isle of thunder dailies. At valor cap and rep cap there's just no reason to go there except for the free great pandaren banquets.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Hmm I'm already bored of isle of thunder dailies. At valor cap and rep cap there's just no reason to go there except for the free great pandaren banquets.

Same, I get bored of dailies pretty quickly in general. I don't know how the fuck I did all the Argent Tournament ones :|

Westlo

Code:
/dismount [mounted]

Dat shit godlike, thanks.

I mean, you can just summon a mount that is both, e.g. Wind Riders, Gryphons, Headless Horseman's Mount, etc.

Most of them suck and aint balling at all. Though if i can snap up one of those two newer TCG mounts...

Finaika

Getting exalted with Kirin Tor Offensive / Sunreaver Onslaught takes only around a week.

Its too fast. No reason to do dailies after that.

Berordn

Getting exalted with Kirin Tor Offensive / Sunreaver Onslaught takes only around a week.

Its too fast. No reason to do dailies after that.

I guess we're supposed to be interested in how the island progression unfolds, but it happens too slowly even when everyone's working at it, and then everyone starts losing interest too.

A vicious cycle.

ZenaxPure

I guess we're supposed to be interested in how the island progression unfolds, but it happens too slowly even when everyone's working at it, and then everyone starts losing interest too.

A vicious cycle.

Yeah, my server is getting close to being done with stage 2. I'm looking forward to that. Been doing a daily on each of my 90s each day to help push it along. I feel like taking over the base shouldn't have been a stage of it's own, should have been like halfway through the first stage since not much at all unlocks from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom