• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prodigal

Banned
So I just started playing again for the first time since Cata, and it seems like half my heirlooms are gone. Maybe I'm just going nuts, but did something change?

Anyone else buy the SC2 CE and able to check out the baneling pet? Not subscribed to WoW right now, so I probably won't see mine for awhile. Does it interact with Grunty/Thor/Zergling?

Seems so, my own fault for not registering the authenticator. Got them in the process of a full take over, changing my password emails coming in as I was trying to put it on.

This all happens as I install tomtom and something to help find onyx eggs.

Edit: Jesus this ramped up!!
I manage to get back in and there is a level one created with 16k gold on him, I then got forced out of the game and Blizz has locked my account down totally.

ZenaxPure

Seems so, my own fault for not registering the authenticator. Got them in the process of a full take over, changing my password emails coming in as I was trying to put it on.

Yeah, authenticator is really nice, been using it since it was introduced and have never been hacked, but I have known 4 different people who weren't using it at the time to be hacked.

Actually a pretty funny story with that, one of my friends didn't even have an active subscription but his account got hacked and the hacker renewed his account, when blizzard fixed it up the cc info was still there set to auto renew so my friend just had the hacker continue to pay the bill for a few months lol.

It does feel like this is taking much longer on my server rather than being able to progress at rep milestones. I'd probably knock um out more often if that was the case.

Ultratech

Heh, finally got my 10-Man Ulduar Meta done today.

All I had left was Disarmed, but I went and solo'd Flame Leviathan, XT (Hard Mode...wasn't quite as bad as I thought), Kologarn, and Auriaya on my DK.

I think I cut it really close on Disarmed, but I got the achive and my Rusted Proto-Drake.

Now I need to work on my Firelands Meta, which I've still gotta do Heroic for bosses and about half of the other achievements.

ZenaxPure

I believe someone in this thread (and I've read it elsewhere) mentioned that you only need to do 1 daily to contribute to the island, so I've been doing that on all my alts. You get a buff for doing 1 quest that says you contributed to the war effort, so I guess it works that way.

Yes, the only fight that gave me problems was Gurtogg Bloodboil

He is such a badass that he can still pose a challenge

I had no problems on Gurtogg the last time I was in there, Recuperate was enough to heal me through the fight. I nearly suicided on Essence of Desire.
Council crushed me though as I couldn't dps through the heals. Maybe it's easier in my new gear?

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I had no problems on Gurtogg the last time I was in there, Recuperate was enough to heal me through the fight. I nearly suicided on Essence of Desire.
Council crushed me though as I couldn't dps through the heals. Maybe it's easier in my new gear?

I just got pooped on on my rogue as well, council even. Weird coincidence.

I'm spoiled though my main is a paladin, Soloing things is insanely easy on a Ret Paladin.

Egg hatched!
raptor_mount_zps825947eb.jpg

Tarazet

I know it would be considered old news at this point, but our podunk low-pop Horde guild spent an hour and a half wiping on the first boss of HoF before we got it down. I had heard it was pretty rough, but damn. I did LFR afterwards just to confirm what I was thinking -- Attenuation has much tighter spirals on Normal. Once folks pointed out that you could stand 15 meters behind the boss and still melee him, that made it a lot easier. I also turned off my super-fast run speed, since it was making it harder to position myself accurately.

I have to say, though, the trash is so much easier in 10 man. Those little bug fuckers are mean in LFR, whereas on normal my health bar hardly budged.

Heh, finally got my 10-Man Ulduar Meta done today.

All I had left was Disarmed, but I went and solo'd Flame Leviathan, XT (Hard Mode...wasn't quite as bad as I thought), Kologarn, and Auriaya on my DK.

I think I cut it really close on Disarmed, but I got the achive and my Rusted Proto-Drake.

Now I need to work on my Firelands Meta, which I've still gotta do Heroic for bosses and about half of the other achievements.

Any guides out there for soloing older content in general? Stuff like this is what's keeping me playing.

Got the bulwark tonight! Council was a bit hard and I got murdered on the second phase of illidan. I'm mainly in tank gear. I'm about to do some LFR to get ret pieces and maybe this won't be an issue.

ZenaxPure

I had heard it was pretty rough, but damn. I did LFR afterwards just to confirm what I was thinking -- Attenuation has much tighter spirals on Normal.

Yeah, you'll find just about every encounter is that way, actually I don't think there is a single boss without some mechanic changed on LFR. Garalon has no pheramone or fury stack cap, opening a prison on wind lord gives a 2 minute cooldown so you can't open another, empress... fuck, empress is an entirely different fight.

Rokam

Any guides out there for soloing older content in general? Stuff like this is what's keeping me playing.

Got the bulwark tonight! Council was a bit hard and I got murdered on the second phase of illidan. I'm mainly in tank gear. I'm about to do some LFR to get ret pieces and maybe this won't be an issue.

Check the class forums on mmo-champion, most have a soloing thread.

Into

Illidan was easy for me, just make sure to keep the 2 elementals in the "circle", they seem to do far less damage there. I tried pulling them out the circle just to see what the damage was like, and yeah it was much higher.

For Bloodboil i just went Guardian tank with off spec feral gear and was able to down him, key for me was just jugling my cooldowns and never using Maul, so that i saved rage for Frenzied Regeneration for that healing.

I imagine with raiding gear none of BT should be a problem for any class, i did BT in purely quest blues, because my main spec is Resto PvP

Westlo

Did my first mop dungeon as a healer... stormstout brewary...good god at the dps putting out 15k, good god at dumb ass hunters, good god at tanks not letting my mana get back up (not that I had any drinks, my bad but besides the point!)

otoh while frustrating as shit (wtf is the boss @ 100% health after 2 mins!!!) at least it was a challenge to heal under those conditions compared to the snoozefest everything else has been.

Illidan was easy for me, just make sure to keep the 2 elementals in the "circle", they seem to do far less damage there. I tried pulling them out the circle just to see what the damage was like, and yeah it was much higher.

For Bloodboil i just went Guardian tank with off spec feral gear and was able to down him, key for me was just jugling my cooldowns and never using Maul, so that i saved rage for Frenzied Regeneration for that healing.

I imagine with raiding gear none of BT should be a problem for any class, i did BT in purely quest blues, because my main spec is Resto PvP

Yeah last time I did BT I was ilevel 469 Fury Warrior, only died on the elementals because I didn't know about keeping them close to the warglaives, I played TBC strictly as an arena player... on a pve realm to boot lol (since burning out on C'Thun + patchwerk made me quit wow for the first time, raiding was like having a job, something I didn't need at the time)

Bloodboil killed me before I got some drops in vaults, handled him allright my last time through.

Into

Did my first mop dungeon as a healer... stormstout brewary...good god at the dps putting out 15k, good god at dumb ass hunters, good god at tanks not letting my mana get back up (not that I had any drinks, my bad but besides the point!)

otoh while frustrating as shit (wtf is the boss @ 100% health after 2 mins!!!) at least it was a challenge to heal under those conditions compared to the snoozefest everything else has been.

Yeah last time I did BT I was ilevel 469 Fury Warrior, only died on the elementals because I didn't know about keeping them close to the warglaives, I played TBC strictly as an arena player... on a pve realm to boot lol (since burning out on C'Thun + patchwerk made me quit wow for the first time, raiding was like having a job, something I didn't need at the time)

Bloodboil killed me before I got some drops in vaults, handled him allright my last time through.

Heh i tried Bloodboil as Resto and just did not do enough damage as Resto Druid =P

Im wondering how are heroics these days? I can do them but i only got PVP gear, is it good enough? Should i just take the deep plunge?

Westlo

Have Blizzard fixed the issues with void storage and MOP epics?

Heh i tried Bloodboil as Resto and just did not do enough damage as Resto Druid =P

Im wondering how are heroics these days? I can do them but i only got PVP gear, is it good enough? Should i just take the deep plunge?

Just jump straight in, chances are you'll have geared people to carry you regardless if you're doing it with pvp dps gear. As for healing no idea, only healed 1 mop dungeon so far, think i'll make my pally a healer for raid/dungeons... no idea how i'll go in LFR though lol.

ZenaxPure

Heroic dungeons are back to wrath level easiness, starting to get as ridiculous as wrath too at this point. If you have good enough dps a lot of the bosses can die in a matter of seconds.

Tamanon

Banned
I think PvP gear should be fine as a DPS, might be a little dicey as a healer or tank. Heroics are generally pretty easy, especially since more geared folks are doing them at least once daily.

Tarazet

Yeah, you'll find just about every encounter is that way, actually I don't think there is a single boss without some mechanic changed on LFR. Garalon has no pheramone or fury stack cap, opening a prison on wind lord gives a 2 minute cooldown so you can't open another, empress... fuck, empress is an entirely different fight.

I watched the Fatboss videos yesterday before the raid and it gave me some idea, but there are still always details you have to pick up doing it yourself. In the third phase, Attenuation coming immediately after Force and Verve wiped us twice even after we got used to the mechanic, because we were too close and got insta-gibbed. On our successful run the leader called out Attenuation at that time and we all lived.

I saw that there's a third phase to the Empress that doesn't even exist on LFR, or is so fast that you don't even notice it.

Berordn

I saw that there's a third phase to the Empress that doesn't even exist on LFR, or is so fast that you don't even notice it.

Empress still goes through all her phase changes in LFR, but she skips over her mechanics for each one. Phase 2 isn't about killing the adds in a mad flurry of AoE since you need the little guys to indirectly kill the big guys. Phase 3 is essentially her soft enrage with fears. It's as fun as it sounds.

Draxal

Heroic dungeons are back to wrath level easiness, starting to get as ridiculous as wrath too at this point. If you have good enough dps a lot of the bosses can die in a matter of seconds.

Um. they're way easier then wrath ever was, but that was the entire point, heroics are meant to be a time filler, I will say I think there's a lot more people that don't know what they're doing right now in wow. Wow needs a much better way of educating newer players, as the difference between the top players (and i'm no where neat the top) and the bottom tier players right now is prettttty gigantic.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
They enrage if they go 50 yards from their respective blade so that'd be why.

Ultratech

Best advice is to just look around. I know MMOChampion has some threads on soloing stuff, and you can probably find some stuff on Wowhead too. Might be some stuff on the Official Forums as well.

Most Vanilla and BC stuff isn't too hard to solo nowadays. (Give or take a few bosses for some classes.) There's some bosses where it's much easier to be in DPS spec than to be in Tank spec.

A good number of bosses in Wrath can be soloed 10-man (25-man being a bit harder). There's even some Cata bosses that be soloed by some classes like Alysrazor.

ZenaxPure

Empress still goes through all her phase changes in LFR, but she skips over her mechanics for each one. Phase 2 isn't about killing the adds in a mad flurry of AoE since you need the little guys to indirectly kill the big guys. Phase 3 is essentially her soft enrage with fears. It's as fun as it sounds.

My favorite part of phase 2 is how the first few times we did it the tanks immediately died just picking up the adds. Without a doubt some of the scariest tank damage I've ever seen in this game.

Um. they're way easier then wrath ever was, but that was the entire point, heroics are meant to be a time filler, I will say I think there's a lot more people that don't know what they're doing right now in wow. Wow needs a much better way of educating newer players, as the difference between the top players (and i'm no where neat the top) and the bottom tier players right now is prettttty gigantic.

I don't really recall saying otherwise as I certainly agree, but, I don't know if I would say they are easier than wrath ones. Feel pretty much on par to me.

But anyhow, if proving grounds ever gets added it will serve exactly that purpose, to teach people how to play their roles. Hopefully it can increase the skill of people who don't know what they are doing.

Hixx

500-long queues on Draenor a few times this week. Feels bad, man.

I only want to get on to do the work orders for today too!

ZenaxPure

500-long queues on Draenor a few times this week. Feels bad, man.

Man that's rough. The server my guild moved to where I put my priest/druid is a high pop server. We never see server queues but just the amount of people alone make me hate doing anything on the server, I can't even imagine how many people are in the world at any given time on a server like yours.

I really think I prefer a medium pop server the most like where my main is. Enough people so the world doesn't feel empty and we can do oondasta, some heroic raiding guilds etc, but I never feel like anything is overcrowded.

Ultratech

Welp, almost got Firelands Meta done now.

Got a lot of the Heroic stuff done tonight (Heroic Rag wasn't too bad. Last phase went by really quick, but most of us were like in 490+ gear.)

Just have Death From Above and Do a Barrel Roll left.

best day ever

Js1N7rN.jpg

Mad grats, man.

I remember hunting for Raven Lord way back when. Took me a good two months.

Feels good man.

Tarazet

Yeah, my guild said that if we get to the 5th boss, we're going to keep extending the lockout until we finish it so we can get into Terrace. But we're having trouble just keeping enough people together to run the raid.. we started almost 2 hours late and got one more boss down before our pug tank had to leave. It was infuriating, especially since we steamrolled Blade Lord Ta'yak.

VandalD

I hope they make more fights like the end of the warlock quest chain. It's probably the most intense thing I've done in WoW, barring maybe the guild first classic Ragnaros kill.

I'll get you, Kanrethad.

Totalriot

Is there a macro where you can have it summon a flying mount when it's possible to fly and if not summon a ground mount?

There are already losts of great macros posted but I prefer using a random mount addon. I really like collecting mounts and I love using them all. There are many of these addons out there and currently I use one that comes with ArkInventory. At the click of one button it summons a random land or flying mount depending on which are useable. You could blacklist special mounts.

It also makes me laugh every time I want to get away fast and the Sea Turte appears ;-) Of course I could blacklist it but for some reason I don't.

My brother told me yesterday that I guy in 1 char asked if there was a 90 hunter about.
So he wispers the guy and tells him some rare hunter pet is up and leads him to it.

I was off somewhere else but turns out the guy lead him to the spirit hedgehog thing and proceed to teach my bro how to tame him as it was one you have to kite? as it does like 200k a hit if it catches up to you?
I wasnt aware that they had stuff like that in the game, nice nod to that bastard demon in winterspring.

Dude then lead my brother to the next one (he had a green and red one when he showed me after)

Thought that was pretty cool thing for a random player to do.

Totalriot

My brother told me yesterday that I guy in 1 char asked if there was a 90 hunter about.
So he wispers the guy and tells him some rare hunter pet is up and leads him to it.

That's pretty cool indeed. I always smile when I read about these random acts of kindness.

But how was the level 1 char able to show him? Did he switch to a 90 char? He certainly could not get there as level 1.

That's pretty cool indeed. I always smile when I read about these random acts of kindness.

But how was the level 1 char able to show him? Did he switch to a 90 char? He certainly could not get there as level 1.

Ah sorry I meant the chat channel haha, defense or whatever its called.

Arsin

Is there a macro where you can have it summon a flying mount when it's possible to fly and if not summon a ground mount?

Also up to 480k gold... really thinking of blowing most of that on that Feldrake TCG Mount....

I would check out the GoGoMount addon. You can set up one keybind and it will pick a random mount you have in your journal. It is one of my must have addons and is a huge life saver.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Wrath heroics were harder than the MOP ones. It's all relative memory; people think that WLK heroics were as easy as the MOP ones because they're comparing them to to the TBC ones that preceded them.

I'm guessing the new progression plan with no new "catch up" dungeons is as follows:

Raid Tier 1 LFR
Raid Tier 2 LFR
Latest Raid Tier LFR
Latest Raid Tier Normal
Latest Raid Tier Heroic

Is that about right?

If so, I'm definitely liking that plan more. I don't like having to skip a lot of raid content to catapult myself into the latest and greatest (I never saw Firelands, for example).

Tamanon

Banned
I'm guessing the new progression plan with no new "catch up" dungeons is as follows:

Raid Tier 1 LFR
Raid Tier 2 LFR
Latest Raid Tier LFR
Latest Raid Tier Normal
Latest Raid Tier Heroic

Is that about right?

If so, I'm definitely liking that plan more. I don't like having to skip a lot of raid content to catapult myself into the latest and greatest (I never saw Firelands, for example).

Yeah, it's just get to 480, run the newest LFR, that'll get you up to ~500, especially with 522 gear being available from that raid reputation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom