• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Behold, the crafted ruthless gladiator's felweave cowl (new look for me, but probably not for anyone that keeps up with pvp gear):
new_transmog_helm_zpsc2643a42.jpg

Also, what was the deal with the black and white coloring of my mount here? I looted some gold/treasure from a shrine and ended up with a humorous debuff, so I suppose that was it? That happens to be my mining/jc level 85 warrior. While leveling engineering on my rogue, i made the mind piercing goggles for extra mining nodes. Works really well too. Keeps some nodes away from the level 90's farming with flying mounts.
colorless_raptor_mount_zpsbb6660a1.jpg

Bullshit! Utter bullshit I say! And this was my new favorite item =(
Yeah, seriously, what was the point of nerfing the use time on that thing? Does it actually affect anyone else?

Tarazet

If what you want is to see the content, it's great.

If what you want is gear out of them, it's ridiculous, because you can't quite farm them.

And I'm pretty sure the early raids will die due to inactivity when 5.4 hits. That's pretty much a given.

Well, that's another thing with Elder Charms. The new dailies are tuned for people who have gear - you can't really do them when you hit 90 unless you're pretty good. So then you're stuck, because you'd want gear from them but you can't. Then you go "Well, my other source is valor gear and it's cheaper!" Yeah, it's cheaper, but Valor still caps at 1000 a week, so if you cap your valor every week, you'll get the bigger pieces every 2 weeks, and that also requires grinding out a stupid amount of dailies.

The actual progression is more like this:

1- Hit 90
2- Get enough gear to do Heroics/clear dailies quickly
3- Grind 5.0 dailies until you hit Revered because it's the only way to get enough gear to get into LFR (also now, LOL, you sort of have to do 5.0 + Dominance Offensive + Isle of Thunder, fun times. At least Isle gives you gear for gold.)
4- Finally get into LFR. Wipe many many times of every god damn boss, get yelled at, spend 1+ hour into the LFR for a bit of gear, spend Elder Charms if you managed to do Isle (IIRC there's no other sources for it now too, since lesser charms turn into 5.2 tokens)

It's ridiculous that the dailies restriction is still there. If someone comes in right now, the *only* chance they have at gear to get into LFR is either crafted gear or someone helps you out with Isle of Thunder dailies to get rep to get enough gold 496 pieces. Crafted gear went down in price, but there's still not a ton of stuff for every slot, and you still need Harmonies to be able to craft them (pretty much everyone but me in my guild is Harmony starved for some reason, they didn't farm the shit out of them at their farm like I did and will do again once I'm capped with every rep).

I still don't understand why people were whining about catch up. If you got your shit and cleared heroic raids on patch, why the fuck are you complaining? You still did your stuff. That people get gear for less effort than you did does not undermine your accomplishments. There's this whining about welfare epics and shit, but who cares what other people have, if you have better and did stuff first?

I don't see why you have to do 5.0 dailies. The 496 gear you can get from the 5.2 dailies covers a lot of important bases... I was there at MoP launch and the cloak will still be an upgrade for me when I get it. Dominance Offensive and Isle of Thunder, sure.

My fiance got hit by a trade chat troll telling her to /camp and it logged her out.

I know there's more than just /camp, but my memory is hazy on the rest of those troll commands that can screw you over, can you guys refresh me on them so I can let her know?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
If what you want is to see the content, it's great.

If what you want is gear out of them, it's ridiculous, because you can't quite farm them.

And I'm pretty sure the early raids will die due to inactivity when 5.4 hits. That's pretty much a given.

Well, that's another thing with Elder Charms. The new dailies are tuned for people who have gear - you can't really do them when you hit 90 unless you're pretty good. So then you're stuck, because you'd want gear from them but you can't. Then you go "Well, my other source is valor gear and it's cheaper!" Yeah, it's cheaper, but Valor still caps at 1000 a week, so if you cap your valor every week, you'll get the bigger pieces every 2 weeks, and that also requires grinding out a stupid amount of dailies.

The actual progression is more like this:

1- Hit 90
2- Get enough gear to do Heroics/clear dailies quickly
3- Grind 5.0 dailies until you hit Revered because it's the only way to get enough gear to get into LFR (also now, LOL, you sort of have to do 5.0 + Dominance Offensive + Isle of Thunder, fun times. At least Isle gives you gear for gold.)
4- Finally get into LFR. Wipe many many times of every god damn boss, get yelled at, spend 1+ hour into the LFR for a bit of gear, spend Elder Charms if you managed to do Isle (IIRC there's no other sources for it now too, since lesser charms turn into 5.2 tokens)

It's ridiculous that the dailies restriction is still there. If someone comes in right now, the *only* chance they have at gear to get into LFR is either crafted gear or someone helps you out with Isle of Thunder dailies to get rep to get enough gold 496 pieces. Crafted gear went down in price, but there's still not a ton of stuff for every slot, and you still need Harmonies to be able to craft them (pretty much everyone but me in my guild is Harmony starved for some reason, they didn't farm the shit out of them at their farm like I did and will do again once I'm capped with every rep).

I still don't understand why people were whining about catch up. If you got your shit and cleared heroic raids on patch, why the fuck are you complaining? You still did your stuff. That people get gear for less effort than you did does not undermine your accomplishments. There's this whining about welfare epics and shit, but who cares what other people have, if you have better and did stuff first?

LFR bosses aren't that bad. You wipe sometimes sure, but "many many times of every god damn boss"? Not at all.

ZenaxPure

Well, that's another thing with Elder Charms. The new dailies are tuned for people who have gear - you can't really do them when you hit 90 unless you're pretty good. and that also requires grinding out a stupid amount of dailies.

The average mobs on the isle only have like 100k more hp than mobs in the previous daily zones. I've had pretty much no trouble doing them on my fresh hunter who is only at like 445 ilvl. Also a good chunk of the quests can be completed simply by leeching kills off mobs that multiple people need but everyone gets credit for. The bigger sauroks, the loas, the ritual, all the named mobs, etc. Each of the hubs only has 1 quest per day, usually, where you need to actually kill enemies that you can't kill with other random people in the area. If you have trouble doing the ToT isle dailies as a fresh 90 then either you are on a super low pop server with no one around or you aren't approaching the quests correctly.

Also your point is kinda moot considering the majority of the elder charms come from the treasure run which you can do in pretty much any gear level as long as you have some sort of long CC. The fastest way to get a key is also to kill a rare spawn which all you have to do is punch him once before he dies. The elder charms you get from anything related to the dailies is very tiny, I've gotten like 3 total from the final bag, all of mine have been from the treasure run and the random treasure chests scattered around the island.

Also again with rep, you seem to be completely ignoring the warscouts still, I really can't stress enough how OP they are, their purpose outside of just being a new rare spawn type to fight is to serve as a catch up mechanism for the 5.0 reps. Sure you are still going to have to do some of the dailies to reach revered but if you just spend an afternoon looking for warscouts you can get an insane amount of rep with every faction. The notion of a long drawn out grind for the 5.0 reps is just silly at this point.

Yeah, seriously, what was the point of nerfing the use time on that thing? Does it actually affect anyone else?

Because you took no durability loss. Durability exists as a way to move gold out of the economy and keep it still having a value. If every single person on a server had the pre-nerf dagger gold inflation would be crazier than it is already.

Bisnic

Also again with rep, you seem to be completely ignoring the warscouts still, I really can't stress enough how OP they are, their purpose outside of just being a new rare spawn type to fight is to serve as a catch up mechanism for the 5.0 reps. Sure you are still going to have to do some of the dailies to reach revered but if you just spend an afternoon looking for warscouts you can get an insane amount of rep with every faction. The notion of a long drawn out grind for the 5.0 reps is just silly at this point.

Everytime i tried looking for the Warscouts, they were being camped by other people, it's not that great of an alternative for 5.0 rep when no matter where you look, others are there for the same thing.

Draxal

Only issue I have with lfr is the rng streaks, they shouldn't affect a catch up mechanism. They really just need to smoothen that curve.

bcl0328

I wanted to get back into this game since Blizzard sent me a 7-day pass, but after reading all these posts I'm not so sure.

It was a fun game back in its time. I really wish there was another MMO I could get into that came even close to WoW.

Maybe I will play my Rogue a little.

VandalD

My fiance got hit by a trade chat troll telling her to /camp and it logged her out.

I know there's more than just /camp, but my memory is hazy on the rest of those troll commands that can screw you over, can you guys refresh me on them so I can let her know?
There's nothing really dangerous I can think of. Even /gquit gives you a prompt asking if you really want to leave your guild, and /pvp is pretty self-explanatory.

Edit: Actually, I'm not sure about the /gquit thing. Haven't done that in a while..

I wanted to get back into this game since Blizzard sent me a 7-day pass, but after reading all these posts I'm not so sure.

It was a fun game back in its time. I really wish there was another MMO I could get into that came even close to WoW.

Maybe I will play my Rogue a little.

Dont do it man!
heroin-o.gif

Seriously though its alot more intresting now than it was during Post-Ulduar> Catas last raid

ZenaxPure

Everytime i tried looking for the Warscouts, they were being camped by other people, it's not that great of an alternative for 5.0 rep when no matter where you look, others are there for the same thing.

Nah man, once you get used to where they spawn and travel it's not that bad. If you are looking at the warbringer spawn area then I would believe you, but the scouts themselves can be found far far away from the warbringers. Their respawn timer is only ~5-10 minutes at that, and I commonly see multiple up at a time in different areas of the zone.

What I do is start in Kun-lai then circle the zones clockwise. Check the scouts in jade then krasarang, then dread wastes, townlong, and back to kun-lai. Usually find 2 or 3 in one round trip with ease during the busy afternoon. Easily can find 5 or 6 per trip early in the morning when no one is around.

As a general idea to what I mean, check the wowhead maps of their paths, you can't really camp the scouts you have to be actively looking for them on their routes.

I have done dailies on my warlock maybe one time and he is currently revered with celestials, exalted with klaxxi, revered with shado-pan, and nearly revered with the golden lotus. Hell, my level 89 mage is about to be revered with celestials. It's just all about knowing their routes, you can't really camp them in the traditional sense because they are wandering around on a path.

TimeKillr

LFR bosses aren't that bad. You wipe sometimes sure, but "many many times of every god damn boss"? Not at all.

I've had incidents like that, seriously. And recently, too, because I got into a group where all the healers had no idea what they were doing, DPS wasn't running out of the fire, etc.

It's pretty simple.

MSV:
Dogs: Run out of fire or die. People don't.
2nd boss: People don't collapse or spread when they need to, wiping the raid.
Garajal: People don't go in to kill the little adds, wiping the raid.
Spirit Kings: People stand in fire/cleaves/etc.
Elegon: LOL no need to even explain here.
Last boss: People stand in aoes and don't kill adds.

HoF:
First boss: Get hit by too many tornadoes
2nd boss: Don't collapse on hidden strikes, wiping the raid
Garalon: Constant running under him
CC boss: No CC, or breaking people out.
Ambershaper: People don't interrupt the cast, wiping the raid
Empress: People don't leave when debuffed, fearing the raid (this is one of the easier ones)

Terrace:
Council: People don't dispel/stay in electricity/etc
Tsulong: Lots of wipes here due to people not clearing stacks, not healing enough, letting adds reach the boss, etc.
Lei Shi: Bad add management wipes the raid (everything else is relatively safe)
Sha: People don't kill the adds or stay outside during breath, eventually wiping the raid

It's still pretty easy to wipe on these. On some fights (namely the 2nd in MSV) I can mitigate it as a tank because my gear isn't too bad so I can solo tank some of these fights when the mechanics allow it, but otherwise it's still easy to wipe in them, especially since nobody who has gear does them anymore.

ZenaxPure

Ive killed a few but they can hit like trucks. 1k rep tokens are niice. Need to ramp up the tank gear effort to help with that.

Yeah, given their bump in HP (albeit kinda small) compared to the Vale rare spawns they can be pretty challenging if you are a fresh 90, but they aren't impossible or anything, actually kinda sad because I found one in the Dread Wastes a couple days ago and as I swooped down I noticed a level 89 paladin killing it lol. Took him a few minutes but he totally won, I got a pretty good kick out of it.

Berordn

None of those are killers in LFR, though. Unfortunately stupid and it turns people into mana sponges, but not deadly. I guess it's an issue if it's the tank doing it...

Bisnic

I've had incidents like that, seriously. And recently, too, because I got into a group where all the healers had no idea what they were doing, DPS wasn't running out of the fire, etc.

It's pretty simple.

MSV:
Dogs: Run out of fire or die. People don't.
2nd boss: People don't collapse or spread when they need to, wiping the raid.
Garajal: People don't go in to kill the little adds, wiping the raid.
Spirit Kings: People stand in fire/cleaves/etc.
Elegon: LOL no need to even explain here.
Last boss: People stand in aoes and don't kill adds.

HoF:
First boss: Get hit by too many tornadoes
2nd boss: Don't collapse on hidden strikes, wiping the raid
Garalon: Constant running under him
CC boss: No CC, or breaking people out.
Ambershaper: People don't interrupt the cast, wiping the raid
Empress: People don't leave when debuffed, fearing the raid (this is one of the easier ones)

Terrace:
Council: People don't dispel/stay in electricity/etc
Tsulong: Lots of wipes here due to people not clearing stacks, not healing enough, letting adds reach the boss, etc.
Lei Shi: Bad add management wipes the raid (everything else is relatively safe)
Sha: People don't kill the adds or stay outside during breath, eventually wiping the raid

It's still pretty easy to wipe on these. On some fights (namely the 2nd in MSV) I can mitigate it as a tank because my gear isn't too bad so I can solo tank some of these fights when the mechanics allow it, but otherwise it's still easy to wipe in them, especially since nobody who has gear does them anymore.

But you just listed reasons WHY a group could wipe. Even if people do the things you listed, most groups manage to kill the bosses on the first attempt, except for some more complicated bosses like Garalon. I do LFR with my Holy Paladin and Frost Mage and wipes are not that frequent, even if some people ignore adds or stand in bad stuff. These things do not kill people in one or two hits.

2 DPS got hit by the Sha's breath? No biggie, 2 or 3 heals and they're back to full health, since you barely have to heal anything else during the rest of the fight, i almost want people to get hit by the breath so my healer can do something else than a Holy Shock once in a while. I had a group this Sunday pulling Garalon with 6-7 people being stuck behind the stairs wall and we still managed to kill him. Even if barely anyone kill the little adds against Garajal, it does not wipe a group. In fact, i have never seen a group wipe on this boss. Never. LFR bosses are not that hard unless 75% of your group is made of the biggest idiots the system could find.

TimeKillr

None of those are killers in LFR, though. Unfortunately stupid and it turns people into mana sponges, but not deadly. I guess it's an issue if it's the tank doing it...

Well it also greatly depends on which day you're doing LFR. The monday crowd is definitely horrible compared to the tuesday crowd for some reason.

But you just listed reasons WHY a group could wipe. Even if people do the things you listed, most groups manage to kill the bosses on the first attempt, except for some more complicated bosses like Garalon. I do LFR with my Holy Paladin and Frost Mage and wipes are not that frequent, even if some people ignore adds or stand in bad stuff. These things do not kill people in one or two hits.

2 DPS got hit by the Sha's breath? No biggie, 2 or 3 heals and they're back to full health, since you barely have to heal anything else during the rest of the fight, i almost want people to get hit by the breath so my healer can do something else than a Holy Shock once in a while. I had a group this Sunday pulling Garalon with 6-7 people being stuck behind the stairs wall and we still managed to kill him. Even if barely anyone kill the little adds against Garajal, it does not wipe a group. In fact, i have never seen a group wipe on this boss. Never. LFR bosses are not that hard unless 75% of your group is made of the biggest idiots the system could find.

I've had wipes on every one of those bosses because of those mechanics. They're not 100% deadly, but more often than not you'll grab a group that has just enough incompetents and you'll be stuck there for a while.

Honestly, I don't mind LFR - I like the idea, I just find that they take forever to queue for (even as a tank!), give out shit rewards (gold bags over gold bags over gold bags even with the buffed drop rate) and provide very little VP/hour, leaving them undesirable for anyone remotely geared, which then kills them because it turns to week 1 people doing it every week.

Bisnic

Roll a healer if you think queues are taking forever. The most i have to wait is 4-5 mins. I usually get a group in under a minute.

Unless you really hate healing.

I know what you mean about incompetent groups, i just had to abandon a group a few days ago when i tried to do the last boss of the Vaults as a Ret Paladin. After being stuck with 4 horrible tanks that did not know where to tank the big guys + a bunch of retard DPS... 20 wasted minutes later, i just had to say fuck it to the 90 VP and possible drop and leave.

But thankfully, groups that bad are rare for me.

We'll see. Personally I think it's easier dealing with LFR groups than Heroic groups (ala Cata). There's a lot you can bypass throwing numbers at in LFR.

The hope for any older content, whether it's Heroics or LFR, is alts and returning players that aren't complete morons. The bar of entry is still so low that nothing is really holding back bad players from queueing for the latest LFR tier. I'd be concerned about a dropoff in numbers long before I'd be concerned about a dropoff in DPS or situational awareness. The solution is the same as it has always been: give players who don't necessarily need the gear a reason to queue up for the content. Of course you're then stuck with pointless contention over gear level in lower gear level raids.

Draxal

Roll a healer if you think queues are taking forever. The most i have to wait is 4-5 mins. I usually get a group in under a minute.

Pays to know alot of healer friends.

We'll see. Personally I think it's easier dealing with LFR groups than Heroic groups (ala Cata). There's a lot you can bypass throwing numbers at in LFR.

The hope for any older content, whether it's Heroics or LFR, is alts and returning players that aren't complete morons. The bar of entry is still so low that nothing is really holding back bad players from queueing for the latest LFR tier. I'd be concerned about a dropoff in numbers long before I'd be concerned about a dropoff in DPS or situational awareness. The solution is the same as it has always been: give players who don't necessarily need the gear a reason to queue up for the content. Of course you're then stuck with pointless contention over gear level in lower gear level raids.

I don't think it'll be abandoned, as it's the only way for dps to get satchel bags, and they extremly fast if you have good dps.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Behold, the crafted ruthless gladiator's felweave cowl (new look for me, but probably not for anyone that keeps up with pvp gear):
new_transmog_helm_zpsc2643a42.jpg

Also, what was the deal with the black and white coloring of my mount here? I looted some gold/treasure from a shrine and ended up with a humorous debuff, so I suppose that was it? That happens to be my mining/jc level 85 warrior. While leveling engineering on my rogue, i made the mind piercing goggles for extra mining nodes. Works really well too. Keeps some nodes away from the level 90's farming with flying mounts.
colorless_raptor_mount_zpsbb6660a1.jpg

That debuff is what you get to let you know you're a douche who stole the money offering off of a dead Panda's grave.

I don't think it'll be abandoned, as it's the only way for dps to get satchel bags, and they extremly fast if you have good dps.

Figured there would be some kind of reward. I wouldn't be too concerned then.

Currently releveling a Warrior (other Warrior is stuck on another server and faction). Made it Pandaren to see the new starting zone and I think I'll stick with it for now. Wasn't very keen on the race initially, but in full plate Pandas sort of look like big dwarves.

Berordn

Figured there would be some kind of reward. I wouldn't be too concerned then.

Currently releveling a Warrior (other Warrior is stuck on another server and faction). Made it Pandaren to see the new starting zone and I think I'll stick with it for now. Wasn't very keen on the race initially, but in full plate Pandas sort of look like big dwarves.

It's hard going from a pandaren to another race if just because the animations are that much better.

Race revamps can't come soon enough.

Bisnic

It's hard going from a pandaren to another race if just because the animations are that much better.

Race revamps can't come soon enough.

Worgens and Goblins are good too. Blood elves and Draeneis could get some improvements, but they're not so bad. Shame that they will probably get ignored in the races revamp that Blizzard is doing.

TimeKillr

New tier of LFR is always a nightmare when it comes out.

I was lucky last week when I tanked the new tier when it came out - I have friends who got stuck on the council fight for 3+ hours in LFR because they had idiots who wouldn't focus fire, ever.

Aesthet1c

Hey WoW-GAF, I’m looking for some raid leader advice.

I’ve been running a small 10 man raiding guild with friends for the past few years (since WotLK). We are currently in ToT and completely stuck on the third boss (Council of Elders?). Our main problem on this fight, and a running theme in our guild lately is lack of dps, and it really boils down to one person. All of the DPS in my guild can pull 90k+ regularly sometimes reaching as high as 110ish, however we have a ret paladin who consistently pulls about 40-60k max. His current ilvl is 502 because he gets lucky with boss drops, and he still only pulls around 50k on the Council of Elders fight. I have talked to this person on multiple occasions about his dps and asked him to try to bring it up. I have given him advice, linked him sites like icy-veins, and even offered the chance to work with another paladin in our guild to see how he can improve. When I have spoken to him he is either very defensive, sometimes even rude, or just ignores me completely. This is causing a strain with other members in the guild. My wife and I are the only ones that know this person outside of the game, so the others don’t really have the same connection to him that I do, but they want him gone.

Now here is the kicker and where things get difficult. We currently know a hunter who would love to raid with us, and is really good at his class. I would love to drop the paladin and bring the hunter in. The main issue is, this guy was a friend I used to work with and his mom is the CEO of my company. I know that removing him from the raid isn’t going to jeopardize my job, but I think that it will basically destroy the friendship we have, and I really don’t want there to be any kind of bad blood there.

There are three scenarios I have come up with in my head and my justification for each:

1. On the next raid night, just don’t invite him and invite the hunter. He hasn’t shown me any respect when I have tried to talk to him before, so why should I show him any?
2. Talk to him about the issue, let him know that his DPS is holding us back and we can’t continue to progress with our current situation. Tell him that I want to work as a team, and that I don’t like his attitude and the way he has acted when I have offered help. Also inform him if the situation doesn’t change then we have a hunter we will be replacing him with.
3. Keep him around. We have raided this long with him and been able to clear all the raid content (normal mode only), so we should be able to get through this. We might have to carry him a little bit, but we can deal with it.

I can’t really decide which action would be the best to take. Most of my guild thinks I should just go with option #1, but I’m not a mean individual and I think I’d have a hard time doing that. My wife thinks I should go with #3, not because she is really friends with him, but because he has been around this long and we have always been able to clear the content. I’m kind of leaning towards #2, but I still kind of worry it is going to result in the ruined friendship.

Anyways, sorry for the huge wall of text, just wanted to get an opinion from others that are outside of the situation and I don’t really have any other friends that play WoW.

Thanks guys!

cdyhybrid

Hey WoW-GAF, I’m looking for some raid leader advice.

I’ve been running a small 10 man raiding guild with friends for the past few years (since WotLK). We are currently in ToT and completely stuck on the third boss (Council of Elders?). Our main problem on this fight, and a running theme in our guild lately is lack of dps, and it really boils down to one person. All of the DPS in my guild can pull 90k+ regularly sometimes reaching as high as 110ish, however we have a ret paladin who consistently pulls about 40-60k max. His current ilvl is 502 because he gets lucky with boss drops, and he still only pulls around 50k on the Council of Elders fight. I have talked to this person on multiple occasions about his dps and asked him to try to bring it up. I have given him advice, linked him sites like icy-veins, and even offered the chance to work with another paladin in our guild to see how he can improve. When I have spoken to him he is either very defensive, sometimes even rude, or just ignores me completely. This is causing a strain with other members in the guild. My wife and I are the only ones that know this person outside of the game, so the others don’t really have the same connection to him that I do, but they want him gone.

Now here is the kicker and where things get difficult. We currently know a hunter who would love to raid with us, and is really good at his class. I would love to drop the paladin and bring the hunter in. The main issue is, this guy was a friend I used to work with and his mom is the CEO of my company. I know that removing him from the raid isn’t going to jeopardize my job, but I think that it will basically destroy the friendship we have, and I really don’t want there to be any kind of bad blood there.

There are three scenarios I have come up with in my head and my justification for each:

1. On the next raid night, just don’t invite him and invite the hunter. He hasn’t shown me any respect when I have tried to talk to him before, so why should I show him any?
2. Talk to him about the issue, let him know that his DPS is holding us back and we can’t continue to progress with our current situation. Tell him that I want to work as a team, and that I don’t like his attitude and the way he has acted when I have offered help. Also inform him if the situation doesn’t change then we have a hunter we will be replacing him with.
3. Keep him around. We have raided this long with him and been able to clear all the raid content (normal mode only), so we should be able to get through this. We might have to carry him a little bit, but we can deal with it.

I can’t really decide which action would be the best to take. Most of my guild thinks I should just go with option #1, but I’m not a mean individual and I think I’d have a hard time doing that. My wife thinks I should go with #3, not because she is really friends with him, but because he has been around this long and we have always been able to clear the content. I’m kind of leaning towards #2, but I still kind of worry it is going to result in the ruined friendship.

Anyways, sorry for the huge wall of text, just wanted to get an opinion from others that are outside of the situation and I don’t really have any other friends that play WoW.

Thanks guys!

I was an officer of one of the better raiding guilds on our server in Vanilla, and I'd go with #2. It's best to be straightforward, IMO. Give him one last chance to fix his shit because you know him and have that connection, but at some point you have to do what's best for you (and by extension the guild). It will suck more than #3 and #1 at the beginning, but #3 and #1 have much higher potential for drama down the line. If it were me and he were refusing to even attempt to work with me to improve, I'd have cut his ass already, but the friends I raided with weren't terrible, luckily :p

Go with #2. If he's that defensive and rude to you when you talk to him then what good is his real-life friendship anyway? It's got to count for something and if it doesn't even count for him being polite to you when faced with constructive criticism then he sucks anyway. Definitely don't go with #1.

Aesthet1c

I was an officer of one of the better raiding guilds on our server in Vanilla, and I'd go with #2. It's best to be straightforward, IMO. Give him one last chance to fix his shit because you know him and have that connection, but at some point you have to do what's best for you (and by extension the guild). It will suck more than #3 and #1 at the beginning, but #3 and #1 have much higher potential for drama down the line. If it were me and he were refusing to even attempt to work with me to improve, I'd have cut his ass already, but the friends I raided with weren't terrible, luckily :p

Go with #2. If he's that defensive and rude to you when you talk to him then what good is his real-life friendship anyway? It's got to count for something and if it doesn't even count for him being polite to you when faced with constructive criticism then he sucks anyway. Definitely don't go with #1.

Thanks for the advice guys. I guess I'll be going for option 2. That sounds like the most diplomatic way. I'm just pretty sure it's going to have the same result as option 1 based on how he has reacted to my advice so far, but at least that way I can say I gave it my best shot.

LadyRiven

Well, this will be interesting...

(I still want a Triceratops mount ;_;)

Also seeing reports that they're immune to Stuns, Snares, Roots, and most Interrupts. (Not sure if that's unintended.)

As so, it's borderline impossible to solo them now. Especially with that Fear ability.

Well, it's kind of unfair to classes who can't solo them, so I'm glad. ^^;; Nothing like staring at a solo hunter kiting one around for 10 mins. x_x

Berordn

Worgens and Goblins are good too. Blood elves and Draeneis could get some improvements, but they're not so bad. Shame that they will probably get ignored in the races revamp that Blizzard is doing.

I'm not the biggest fan of the Worgen, but they are at least fairly fluid. Goblins are cool all around though.

And yeah, from what we know of the race revamps, Draenei and Blood Elves aren't on the to-do, just Vanilla races. Female Draenei and both Blood Elf models look fine, but I really wish they'd scrap the male Draenei and start over on him.

Queued a few times for this new wing (want that OH off Megaera -_-, so far 0 for 4) and the best thing about it is how little trash there is to Tortos. Cause once you see a raid wiping to Tortos, you can be assured there's no fucking way anything else in this wing will go well and gtfo early.

Naka

Are there any good WoW related podcasts out there? I searched iTunes and there are a ton of results so I'm not really sure what is worth listening to, if anything!

Jrmint

This Crumbled Chamberlin quest is really annoying.

For podcasts I really like Legendary. It's a video show on Gamebreaker TV

Rokam

Legendary, The Instance (although I stopped listening once they started taking viewer calls during the show), Convert To Raid. Those are my 3, as well listening to The Weekly Marmot, PST, and PST Rapid Fire. But those are videocasts.

Picked up the axe from LFR Council, as well as the Bad Juju trinket.

And now to wipe on normal mode Horridon for the next three weeks or so. *sigh*

Naka

This Crumbled Chamberlin quest is really annoying.

For podcasts I really like Legendary. It's a video show on Gamebreaker TV

Legendary, The Instance (although I stopped listening once they started taking viewer calls during the show), Convert To Raid. Those are my 3, as well listening to The Weekly Marmot, PST, and PST Rapid Fire. But those are videocasts.

Thanks guys, appreciate the recommendations.

Tamanon

Banned

I think they stopped taking calls, just voicemails during Town Crier.

Jrmint

Yea I stopped listening to The Instance a long time ago, around when Randy left.

I agree Lore's shows are really good: Weekly Marmot and PST. I don't consider them podcasts though.

ZenaxPure

And yeah, from what we know of the race revamps, Draenei and Blood Elves aren't on the to-do, just Vanilla races. Female Draenei and both Blood Elf models look fine, but I really wish they'd scrap the male Draenei and start over on him.

No no no, don't say that, blizzard might be listening. Blood Elf ladies need new models asap, they are super pointy in all the places they should be curvy. Also the weird blood elf male posture ruins like every chest piece in the game, and those feet.... THINK OF THE FEET MAN.

Rokam

No no no, don't say that, blizzard might be listening. Blood Elf ladies need new models asap, they are super pointy in all the places they should be curvy. Also the weird blood elf male posture ruins like every chest piece in the game, and those feet.... THINK OF THE FEET MAN.

Hate to break it to you but Blizzard said they're only doing classic models at least for now.

ZenaxPure

Hate to break it to you but Blizzard said they're only doing classic models at least for now.

Nah, I already knew that, was just hoping they'd include at least blood elves into it at some point before it's live. I don't think they look very good. Draenei are pretty acceptable though.

cdyhybrid

6 Mogu Runes, 0 loot :(

Did get a chest from Tortos, but that was a regular drop. Heading to the first 3 bosses of ToT now, hopefully I can get something! I need a new weapon~

Because you took no durability loss. Durability exists as a way to move gold out of the economy and keep it still having a value. If every single person on a server had the pre-nerf dagger gold inflation would be crazier than it is already.
It's a way to move gold, but I think its impact is minimal in the grand scheme of things. I don't see it causing massive inflation on gold simply because some people aren't having to pay for repairs every time they die, but that's just me. I think an item should give you incentive to farm it. It's a unique item that takes a little effort to obtain and gives you a cool no durability loss upon death.

6 Mogu Runes, 0 loot :(

Did get a chest from Tortos, but that was a regular drop. Heading to the first 3 bosses of ToT now, hopefully I can get something! I need a new weapon~
I got two pieces of loot today. Shoulders off of the turtle that are horribly itemized for a demo lock. And worse, I got Megaera's Shining Eye, the one piece out of like 5 potential drops from that boss that isn't an upgrade. So while I got two pieces of loot, it's more of a disappointment. Because I'll probably go for 2-3 weeks now with no drops. Dislike!

cdyhybrid

I am not liking the feedback I'm hearing from my guildmates on LFR Ji-Kun.

One shotted him in my LFR. Didn't seem too bad. All three seemed pretty easy. Then I got into a raid for the first three and we wiped on the first boss because the tank didn't know what he was doing. Now I'm in a different one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom