• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

knicks

I honestly do not get what is going on at all....

Wait am I seriously suppose to invest time and waste conquest points on new pvp gear that is 2 item levels higher of what I currently have?

LOL Is this a joke? Wait, wait, wait. I am suppose to buy this gear and than waste gold on that item for enchants and gems when it is 2 item level higher of what I am wearing now?

And than in 3 months elite becomes available to me and I have to do the same process in the same season in that short span period of time? I am literally 100% lost. I really am 100% lost.

I guess I am seriously going to be buying spirit of harmony's with all my conquest points up until I reach 27,000 points which is the next 3 months.

The sad part is that for once I am literally upset at a videogame. I am literally upset. I am a 1800-1900 player which isn't amazing, but at the same time is not terrible. All I do is PVP. This is the biggest letdown I have ever witnessed in this game.

VandalD

This Crumbled Chamberlin quest is really annoying.
Yes. I wasn't aware that it's an asshole style quest. I saw a piece on my minimap, made a run to it, and looted it in front of a guy that was fighting. I thought it was a thing that's always there and that's where everyone grabs it. I don't even remember the last time they made a quest like this. Sorry, guy that was fighting. That's not a quest I'll repeat in the future.

Tarazet

I am not liking the feedback I'm hearing from my guildmates on LFR Ji-Kun.

I tried to jump down the pillar to some eggs. They were dead before I got down and I slowly floated back up. Jumped down to another red pillar and there was nothing there. I spent the rest of the fight just tunneling the boss in melee and staying out of green shit, and I was #1 DPS by about 10K over the next. I don't really know what the fuck happened, but I cleared it and didn't get any loot, so I'll be doing it again..

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I honestly do not get what is going on at all....

Wait am I seriously suppose to invest time and waste conquest points on new pvp gear that is 2 item levels higher of what I currently have?

LOL Is this a joke? Wait, wait, wait. I am suppose to buy this gear and than waste gold on that item for enchants and gems when it is 2 item level higher of what I am wearing now?

And than in 3 months elite becomes available to me and I have to do the same process in the same season in that short span period of time? I am literally 100% lost. I really am 100% lost.

I guess I am seriously going to be buying spirit of harmony's with all my conquest points up until I reach 27,000 points which is the next 3 months.

The sad part is that for once I am literally upset at a videogame. I am literally upset. I am a 1800-1900 player which isn't amazing, but at the same time is not terrible. All I do is PVP. This is the biggest letdown I have ever witnessed in this game.
The items are being raised like 6 points in ilvl next mini-patch.

Berordn

No no no, don't say that, blizzard might be listening. Blood Elf ladies need new models asap, they are super pointy in all the places they should be curvy. Also the weird blood elf male posture ruins like every chest piece in the game, and those feet.... THINK OF THE FEET MAN.

The fewer people we have playing female Blood Elves the better :)

The Blood/High Elf posture has bothered me forever though, I'll give you that.

I tried to jump down the pillar to some eggs. They were dead before I got down and I slowly floated back up. Jumped down to another red pillar and there was nothing there. I spent the rest of the fight just tunneling the boss in melee and staying out of green shit, and I was #1 DPS by about 10K over the next. I don't really know what the fuck happened, but I cleared it and didn't get any loot, so I'll be doing it again..
I was a little confused on the fight at first, too. The group i was in wiped on the first attempt. The second attempt like half or more of the raid died, but the rest of us were able to finish the boss off. Only one nest will ever have eggs hatch and there is a message that pops up whenever they do. Then you click the little flying button, drop off the edge and circle the platform until you see the nest with birds on it. I think you take less damage or no damage too whenever you go off the edge. I could be wrong. The nests only take 2-4 people to kill off the birds. I think once people realize the mechanics, that fight will be extremely easy, at least in LFR. How about those killer snails leading up to him? lol

ZenaxPure

The fewer people we have playing female Blood Elves the better :)

The Blood/High Elf posture has bothered me forever though, I'll give you that.

Well I have a rule where I will only play races (for serious play, so semi-serious alts or my main) that can wear boots, when I got asked to DPS on my priest (who was night elf at the time) my choices were pretty limited. Thought about going goblin but I don't like what they did with the female models, having ear shape and piercings tied to the same thing.... well it's just plain stupid. Undead boney toes stick out to much, don't really like it... So yeah sadly I had to go with the lady BEs, the male posture bothered me too much.

Though now that she has been one for a few months I am bothered how slim everything is on her, gloves and robe textures look kinda... squished I guess.

I was okay with it until the shoulder part. That piece is shit.

It's basically Noblegarden, the quest. It's godawful. Its only saving grace is that it is a weekly endeavor so you don't have to put up with the early crush of other players until you're good and ready.

But I'm a dumbass and clicked the ritual stone, the first thing I saw in the cave for the turn in, rather than the statue on the right, so I burned 3 stones in an attempt to earn one. Effort wasted.

New LFR tried my patience, hardest boss by far was Tortos because it's hard to convince others of the importance of killing adds. One shotted Maegara and two-shotted Ji-Kun. All told you only need 5 people who know what they're doing on nests to kill Ji-Kun.

Tarazet

Well I have a rule where I will only play races (for serious play, so semi-serious alts or my main) that can wear boots, when I got asked to DPS on my priest (who was night elf at the time) my choices were pretty limited. Thought about going goblin but I don't like what they did with the female models, having ear shape and piercings tied to the same thing.... well it's just plain stupid. Undead boney toes stick out to much, don't really like it... So yeah sadly I had to go with the lady BEs, the male posture bothered me too much.

Though now that she has been one for a few months I am bothered how slim everything is on her, gloves and robe textures look kinda... squished I guess.

Female BEs look amazing, especially in plate. I have no idea what problem folks have with them.

That reminds me, Noblegarden with CRZ....oh god. Glad I don't need anything.
I wish CRZ was an optional thing. You should be able to queue for it as any LFR or LFD. And then instead of bringing you into other people's servers or other people onto your own server, people are mixed into a completely different server specifically for CRZ (have like 5-10 CRZ servers where people get bunched together). I really think that would be the ideal solution. Then everyone participating in CRZ are there because they chose it, not because it was imposed on us without our consent with no option to avoid it.

Because while some people didn't like the lonely nature of their small server, other people like myself actually enjoy a little breathing room. CRZ completely imposes its will on people who didn't mind the benefits of less people, which is kind of counter productive. CRZ shouldn't improve one side of the player population's experience while ruining the other side.

Westlo

Female BEs look amazing, especially in plate. I have no idea what problem folks have with them.

Damn right

WoWScrnShot_100912_162123.jpg

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
So much for that argument that the 5.0 LFRs are awful for gearing alts. I moved a Rogue from 90 to ToT in two weeks of LFRs (I ran MSV twice to get to 470 with coins).

I got 10 pieces of gear from MSV, HOF and TOES last week and 5 more doing just 1/2 of HOF, Sha and TOES today. I even got 5/5 of T14 in the last 24 hours.

Trickster

So much for that argument that the 5.0 LFRs are awful for gearing alts. I moved a Rogue from 90 to ToT in two weeks of LFRs (I ran MSV twice to get to 470 with coins).

I got 10 pieces of gear from MSV, HOF and TOES last week and 5 more doing just 1/2 of HOF, Sha and TOES today. I even got 5/5 of T14 in the last 24 hours.

LFR wasn't really a good place to gear alts before the patch. They increased droprate quite a lot, and gave people easy access to the solo scenario where you can basically loot 15+ gold coins per run. I mean, my monk alts ran all lfr parts this last week, and I had enough coins to use one on every single boss.

LFR wasn't really a good place to gear alts before the patch. They increased droprate quite a lot, and gave people easy access to the solo scenario where you can basically loot 15+ gold coins per run. I mean, my monk alts ran all lfr parts this last week, and I had enough coins to use one on every single boss.
I love that solo scenario. It's like going to the family fun center on your day off. Although, I wasted a bunch of elder charms for those door keys you can buy. But i was thinking they were for the treasure chests at the end of the scenario. oops.

ZenaxPure

I love that solo scenario. It's like going to the family fun center on your day off. Although, I wasted a bunch of elder charms for those door keys you can buy. But i was thinking they were for the treasure chests at the end of the scenario. oops.

They help a lot, so not a complete waste luckily. Since I got 2 keys to burn on my rogue this week I decided to just run all the way to the end only stopping for big chests. It was pretty worth it, appears if you can beat the final boss and escape by talking to tenchu you get a free key to use at the end. Anyhow, I bought enough keys for every door and that was cool because killing the final boss actually took about a 45 seconds or so, the time I saved by not pulling levers pretty much let me grab every chest in the final room, was about 4 big chests in there total (I assume it's random though).

They help a lot, so not a complete waste luckily. Since I got 2 keys to burn on my rogue this week I decided to just run all the way to the end only stopping for big chests. It was pretty worth it, appears if you can beat the final boss and escape by talking to tenchu you get a free key to use at the end. Anyhow, I bought enough keys for every door and that was cool because killing the final boss actually took about a 45 seconds or so, the time I saved by not pulling levers pretty much let me grab every chest in the final room, was about 4 big chests in there total (I assume it's random though).
This is good information. I haven't had much success getting to the end because I keep trying to snag chests on the way. And I wouldn't have known that you can bypass the levers by using the keys. At some point I would like to beat the boss at the end just to say I did it. I'll try that if i get another key this week. Otherwise, i'll do it next week. There is something fun about just going around and opening as many chests as you can though. I think the best approach in that first room is to get onto the ledge on the side and then skirt all the way to the other end snagging what chests you can on the way. I haven't had good results with the levitation potion. Those stupid little spiders always end up hitting me.

EDIT:
That debuff is what you get to let you know you're a douche who stole the money offering off of a dead Panda's grave.
This made me laugh btw.

EDIT2:
I can't solo the Warbringers, not that i've been trying, but what are the scouts you guys were talking about earlier? Do they drop rep tokens? I'd be motivated to farm those as opposed to getting face rolled by the warbringers.

ZenaxPure

There is something fun about just going around and opening as many chests as you can though.

Nah, I agree. The only reason I decided to go to the final boss this time was because I had 23 charms (3 of which were sitting in a damn coffer) and my rogue only really needs 1 item from old LFR at this point so I didn't really need to use it as a way to farm charms, plus there is an achievement for doing a few things inside the treasure run (one of which is to kill the boss) and I wanted to get that done.

In general I think it's a lot more fun to run around and just grab chests like crazy, feels good when you find one with like 3 items in it.

I can't solo the Warbringers, not that i've been trying, but what are the scouts you guys were talking about earlier? Do they drop rep tokens? I'd be motivated to farm those as opposed to getting face rolled by the warbringers.

Here is a map that gives you a general idea of where they path per zone, it's not 100% accurate but it's good enough. As I type this I am actually taking a small break from farming them (due to random lag, they are not easy fights with like 400 ms ping), been listening to a podcast so I figured I would, currently sitting at 7 tokens in roughly an hour of flying around. Can do it even faster but I've been doing it on an alt who doesn't even have super epic flying as I was waiting around in a LFR que.

Nah, I agree. The only reason I decided to go to the final boss this time was because I had 23 charms (3 of which were sitting in a damn coffer) and my rogue only really needs 1 item from old LFR at this point so I didn't really need to use it as a way to farm charms, plus there is an achievement for doing a few things inside the treasure run (one of which is to kill the boss) and I wanted to get that done.

In general I think it's a lot more fun to run around and just grab chests like crazy, feels good when you find one with like 3 items in it.

Here is a map that gives you a general idea of where they path per zone, it's not 100% accurate but it's good enough. As I type this I am actually taking a small break from farming them (due to random lag, they are not easy fights with like 400 ms ping), been listening to a podcast so I figured I would, currently sitting at 7 tokens in roughly an hour of flying around. Can do it even faster but I've been doing it on an alt who doesn't even have super epic flying as I was waiting around in a LFR que.
Sweet. Thanks for the link. The fact that the tokens are BoA makes them really appealing. I have the next couple of days off and need to keep my overnight schedule going. I'll probably try do some scouts then.

Draxal

RNG is RNG.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I get so much Justice points by doing heroics now, but what should i do with these points when i don't need those blue items or if i have all the heirlooms i need? All i see that i could do is upgrade the lvl 1-80 heirlooms to 1-85..., but i dont see myself making another alt soon.

Guess i could turn them into honor points if i ever play battlegrounds again.

RNG is RNG.
Don't take this the wrong way - I'm totally not upset right now lol =) but I really really dislike that phrase. It's super cliche' and has turned into an all-purpose excuse for anything and everything relating to LFR. I think RNG has gotten to the point where blizzard really needs to look into other ways that make other players' honest attempts, at getting certain items over time, to change in their favor of getting said item rather than RNG is RNG forever. RNG I think is starting to rub a lot of people the wrong way, or more likely has been for many expansions. There has to be a more rewarding system that they could devise that isn't just free loot - the dangling carrot on a stick - but isn't completely random either. However, I'm not saying i have a solution either though.

Sarcasm

What are yea guys talking about?

ZenaxPure

There has to be a more rewarding system that they could devise that isn't just free loot - the dangling carrot on a stick - but isn't completely random either. However, I'm not saying i have a solution either though.

I actually think that is the point of the 5.2 rep, there is a piece of gear for almost every slot, logically one will use their VP over the course of the next few months to fill in pieces that they aren't having luck in with LFR. Obviously this isn't a long term solution but blizzard said they are working on something to stem long streaks of really bad luck with drops.

What are yea guys talking about?

Solo scenario added this patch, you can find keys on the new island that grant access to it. You get 5 minutes to run through a puzzle-y type area with the one goal of picking up as many treasure chests as you can. Can get elder charms in the chests, rep items for the new faction, lots of gold, among some other stuff.

Ultratech

Did the 2nd part of ToT LFR last night, and it took a while...yeah.

Tortos: Apparently, they made this fight a joke, since you just have to have people smart enough to kick the shells at Tortos, with the breath doing a lot less damage than Normal. Help kill Bats, and that's it pretty much.

Megaera: Seems the best thing to do is to alternate killing the Green and Red heads. Make sure Tank has them facing slightly away from the raid so they don't breathe on everyone (especially on Red head; that shit hurts). Have secondary Tank on Blue head. That's it for the most part.

Ji-Kun Trash: Oh shit...yeah, we wiped a bit on trash. Stupid Bore Worms in stealth, Spiders dropping down from everywhere, and of course, the ever-fatal Snail <Devourer of Souls> that will insta-gib ANYONE in its path. Actually, the Snail parts were pretty funny. Too bad they kept killing my pet as well. ;_;

Ji-Kun: So as mentioned above, it's not too bad, just you need a group of about 3-4 DPS and a Healer to go down and take out Hatchlings in the nests. Then they get the Feathers left behind and use the new button to fly for about 10 sec to another highlighted nest and repeat. Standing in green shit for about 3 seconds will make it go away, and if you catch the green stuff in midair, you get a neat buff. Try not to be in the air for Quills...it hurts.

Sadly, I didn't win shit.

It's fairly accurate. They'll spawn in the same areas of the Warbringers and path to a certain spot then path back to their original spawn. They almost always drop a rep token, but sometimes you get a Small or Big Bag of Zandalari Supplies which has some decent stuff in it (food, cloth, ores, etc.). It's helped quite a bit for my Shado-Pan rep; hopefully I can finish it today!

Draxal

Don't take this the wrong way - I'm totally not upset right now lol =) but I really really dislike that phrase. It's super cliche' and has turned into an all-purpose excuse for anything and everything relating to LFR. I think RNG has gotten to the point where blizzard really needs to look into other ways that make other players' honest attempts, at getting certain items over time, to change in their favor of getting said item rather than RNG is RNG forever. RNG I think is starting to rub a lot of people the wrong way, or more likely has been for many expansions. There has to be a more rewarding system that they could devise that isn't just free loot - the dangling carrot on a stick - but isn't completely random either. However, I'm not saying i have a solution either though.

Nah, I totally agree with you. Grimace posted about how he had some good rng luck, as that's the norm when it's just an anecdote about having good rng.

They really do have to smoothen the rng curve, and it's a thing I've posted about previously. It's one thing to loose out on loot to guildies, it's another thing to do a raid and not have anything drop for weeks with complete strangers.

Westlo

The actual progression is more like this:

1- Hit 90
2- Get enough gear to do Heroics/clear dailies quickly
3- Grind 5.0 dailies until you hit Revered because it's the only way to get enough gear to get into LFR (also now, LOL, you sort of have to do 5.0 + Dominance Offensive + Isle of Thunder, fun times. At least Isle gives you gear for gold.)
4- Finally get into LFR. Wipe many many times of every god damn boss, get yelled at, spend 1+ hour into the LFR for a bit of gear, spend Elder Charms if you managed to do Isle (IIRC there's no other sources for it now too, since lesser charms turn into 5.2 tokens)

lolwhut? My two 90s were in Vaults the same day they hit 90. Don't need to touch rep, my mage is 480 and the only thing I ever got from 5.0 reps is the 489 neck (which has now been replaced)

lol @ 1 hour LFR, especially Vaults and ToES.

TimeKillr

lolwhut? My two 90s were in Vaults the same day they hit 90. Don't need to touch rep, my mage is 480 and the only thing I ever got from 5.0 reps is the 489 neck (which has now been replaced)

I still see plenty of wipes on Elegon, Twin Emps, Tsulong and Sha (strangely enough, as I think he's by far the easiest fight on there).

You had enough gear the day you hit 90 to get into LFR? When I hit 90 with my main, I didn't have enough ilvl to get into heroics, let alone LFR... What did you do?

Tarazet

I still see plenty of wipes on Elegon, Twin Emps, Tsulong and Sha (strangely enough, as I think he's by far the easiest fight on there).

You had enough gear the day you hit 90 to get into LFR? When I hit 90 with my main, I didn't have enough ilvl to get into heroics, let alone LFR... What did you do?

It's certainly within reason to buy the 450/463/476 gear you need to get into heroics, then chain-run them until you get the drops you need to get into LFR. Then you get a bunch of Elder Coins from the solo loot instance and run until you get what you need from MSV LFR. Pretty simple.

Really? I only just got to do it last night after 3-4 days. I have 2 bits of PVP gear the rest is a mix of heroics and rep with one crap trinket.
Won some boots that were the same more or less as the ones from sha and wasted two rolls to get money :/
People trying to charge 700G for a meta gem can do one,.
My pots sell for 35-40g are you serious?! 20 bloody fish or green tea herbs sells for more than that and dont need lotus flowers.
Probably only had 25 of them from 85-90-now.

Westlo

Meant same week not day, regardless much easier than time killer was saying. Though I honestly reckon I could get same day with my 89 paladin, and that's discounting the 496 chest I have from killing galleon.

5.2 now has 476 honor gear, 458 PVp gear instead of 450, that plus doing heroics as a healer. Convert hp to honor, do a tb for a ton of honor, kill sha, get boots etc.

@ John

Not much money in pots, most alchs go transmute spec and even than living steel is certainly no true gold...

What's your other profession?

cdyhybrid

I now have a new purpose in life.

Jrmint

That's pretty lucky then. You still have to get a good amount of drops to get from questing greens/blues into 460 ilvl. Trinkets are especially tedious.

Meant same week not day, regardless much easier than time killer was saying. Though I honestly reckon I could get same day with my 89 paladin, and that's discounting the 496 chest I have from killing galleon.

5.2 now has 476 honor gear, 458 PVp gear instead of 450, that plus doing heroics as a healer. Convert hp to honor, do a tb for a ton of honor, kill sha, get boots etc.

@ John

Not much money in pots, most alchs go transmute spec and even than living steel is certainly no true gold...

What's your other profession?

Herb. Last two xpacs have been all about the pots :( I made a bunch of living steel recently should probably see how much that goes for.

Could allways dump herb and pickup JC and throw money in that pit.

Nekofrog

Banned
So how competitive are WW monks at the upper echelons of PVP? I'm full malevolent with shoulder Tyrranical, saving up for chest or legs next week. Myself and my rogue friend who is similarly geared pretty much steamroll everything in PVP around the 1500 level in 2's. In 3's, we add a resto druid and unless we go up against super geared mage/warlock/X combo we usually have no problems.

Ever since 5.2, my survivability has gone WAY up (aoe disarm ftw), and my damage has (mostly) stayed the same. I don't see a lot of WW monks in a lot of videos for higher end PVP, is that because people are set in their old class or is there a legit reason that might make them not competitive?

ZenaxPure

Herb. Last two xpacs have been all about the pots :( I made a bunch of living steel recently should probably see how much that goes for.

Could allways dump herb and pickup JC and throw money in that pit.

Yeah it's been a weird expansion for alch. I made a killing off of truegold for the first few months last expansion, for whatever reason though living steel never caught on like that this time around. Right now on my server it's about 350g per bar which is so low I don't even bother with it myself.

Tamanon

Banned
I think it's because Trillium is actually a useful metal.

Also, 476 gear is so easy to get/beat, that the Living Steel really isn't worth it.

cdyhybrid

All these Alliance scrubs keep trying to mess with my Warscouts while I'm killing them...but I have 4 disables and a taunt. You can break my CCs and try and leash them all you want, it's not going to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom