• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamanon

Banned
Out of curiosity, am I the only one who hasn't seen anything extra from the fail bags? Haven't even got motes.

All gold on my four raid failbags today. And then gold on the bonus rolls.

And my one tank satchel I got had a dragonhawk sold by a blood elf vendor in their city, woo saved me.... 50 silver!

ZenaxPure

Out of curiosity, am I the only one who hasn't seen anything extra from the fail bags? Haven't even got motes.

Seems half and half for me, gotten about 14 motes, 2 uncut gems, 2 blood spirits, and a pet I already had 2 of so far. I've seen quite a few people get the LFR level trash drops though, I am jealous of that.

Probably already discussed, but the random removal of auto-FP learning in 5.2 for reasons of "you need to explore more" is fucking silly. It's actively hindering exploration if anything. I've used about 3.5 full zones to hit 35 in about 10 hours. WoW is so far removed from exploration being a part of 1-60 it's astonishing that this actually made it to live.

Tarazet

I did get a Blood Spirit today, which was the first time I even realized they upgraded the failbags. They're going for less than 800g apiece on my server now.

scoobs

finally downed 25man Ji-kun, promptly killed durumu and primordius to finish off a great raid. Ji-kun can suck the fattest of dicks

Westlo

Probably already discussed, but the random removal of auto-FP learning in 5.2 for reasons of "you need to explore more" is fucking silly. It's actively hindering exploration if anything. I've used about 3.5 full zones to hit 35 in about 10 hours. WoW is so far removed from exploration being a part of 1-60 it's astonishing that this actually made it to live.

The dev team are pretty clueless about a lot of things....

mages - You've fucked us in 5.2, look @ this data
gc - nope! You're fine just wait and see
x100

Patch goes live

gc - mages need buffs, sorry.

Oh and the buff is to make our bombs do more dmg in pve compared to pvp something they said they don't want to do, ffs just do it.

cdyhybrid

Just picked up Brewmaster as my offspec. Holy cooldowns, Batman. So many abilities I need to juggle. It is kind of nice that I can use DPS pieces that I've upgraded from as gear, though. Just need to re-gem and re-enchant them. It's nice not having to go for completely different sets of gear with different stat distributions, etc.

I haven't tanked since my main was a DK in early Cata so it'll take me a bit to get used to. Probably going to have to run a bunch of Heroics (and I'll probably be way over-geared by the time I get around to it) to really get comfortable with my abilities, etc.

Sciz

Just picked up Brewmaster as my offspec. Holy cooldowns, Batman. So many abilities I need to juggle. It is kind of nice that I can use DPS pieces that I've upgraded from as gear, though. Just need to re-gem and re-enchant them. It's nice not having to go for completely different sets of gear with different stat distributions, etc.

I haven't tanked since my main was a DK in early Cata so it'll take me a bit to get used to. Probably going to have to run a bunch of Heroics (and I'll probably be way over-geared by the time I get around to it) to really get comfortable with my abilities, etc.

It plays almost identically to Windwalker once you get used to it. Guard and stagger management throws a small wrinkle into the flow of combat, but you're otherwise an unkillable god of pain.

Robin64

As someone who only LFRs, I am already so bored with this patch. Why? Because I haven't found a group yet that can do the first wing of ToT. Horridon has killed 90% of the raids (no dispels, despite clear instructions) and the one I was in that got to Council just disbanded for no reason.

Rokam said:

I got a pet snake you can buy in Org.

lordmrw

LFR bosses are not that hard unless 75% of your group is made of the biggest idiots the system could find.

You just described the LFR group I was in this past Tuesday. Everything that could go wrong did. Had people pulling all 4 spirits on the bridge 3 times in a row, tanks couldnt keep the fucking dinosaur boss away from us while we dealt with adds, tanks couldn't keep threat on said adds, we had people trying to zerg down each elder rather than focus on the one that needed to die. They kicked three tanks for talking too much when all they were doing was explaining the fight mechanics to those who needed it. God I feel like a moron for staying even after all that and all I got for my trouble was a cape.

TimeKillr

You just described the LFR group I was in this past Tuesday. Everything that could go wrong did. Had people pulling all 4 spirits on the bridge 3 times in a row, tanks couldnt keep the fucking dinosaur boss away from us while we dealt with adds, tanks couldn't keep threat on said adds, we had people trying to zerg down each elder rather than focus on the one that needed to die. They kicked three tanks for talking too much when all they were doing was explaining the fight mechanics to those who needed it. God I feel like a moron for staying even after all that and all I got for my trouble was a cape.

At least you got something out of it :)

As a tank I know how frustrating it is, too - there's people asking you how the fights are done, and you want to explain to them because those are the people who will actually learn and be better, and then you've got idiots who yell "GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGO". Last time I did ToT, I was explaining to the other tank how to handle the bosses since he'd never done them, and all throughout this I got 5-6 idiots in the raid yelling and saying we should be kicked because we're taking too long.

I mean in MSV, it's not that big of a deal, because there I know we can just wing it, but in ToT, where even in LFR small mistakes will wipe the raid (first boss, for example - ain't hard for a tank to mess up here) people are still approaching them like they're shitty heroics that you can just power through. Then we wipe 3 times on Council and people finally start being a bit wiser and focus down the bosses that need to be focused on.

It's just idiotic.

Tamanon

Banned
Yeah, Council seems to be a bit of an LFR breaker. We had to wipe three times in LFR before finally deciding to just focus down Sul as things never went south until he spawned a bunch of adds and nobody killed them. It was either that or the 15% buff from wiping.

Draxal

As someone who only LFRs, I am already so bored with this patch. Why? Because I haven't found a group yet that can do the first wing of ToT. Horridon has killed 90% of the raids (no dispels, despite clear instructions) and the one I was in that got to Council just disbanded for no reason.

I got a pet snake you can buy in Org.

Hmm, I've had no issues in wiping so far in ToT lfr (well except for one Ji-kun because the egg group had a retard for a healer). Then again, I got into some pretty good lfrs on tuesday, had a 10 man guild carry us in the first one.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

Well, i was mostly talking about 5.0 raids. :) 5.2 is still new, so you're gonna have a lot of people who don't know what to do.

About that... what exactly is the priority on the council? One group said to focus on Sul then the priestess, another group said to focus on the one who gets the "shadowpriest" effect on them(whatever the name is) and switch focus whenever a new troll gets it.

The last group had a fucking retard offtank. Me and a few others must have written a dozen times to tank the priestess away from the rest of the trolls so that we could have time to kill her healing adds, but the idiot didn't move an inch the whole time.

Yeah haven't had super issues beyond the usual "half of us haven't done this yet" on the second wing. The hydra fight especially seems to encourage "I'll just stand in the poison/fire/that's cool/hey we wiped". Popping CDs on quills on the final boss seems to be tough for folks to remember too...

Council fight has two strategies, primary dps rotates on possessed + loas, but the more successful alternative seems to be have majority of dps burn Sul on pull (with hero) with someone paying attention to Blanka's energy, and then a few smart shadow priests like myself (cough) using void tendrils and dpsing the loas. Sul's sand elemental behavior just seems to destroy groups, so best to avoid it if possible.

On turtle boss in second wing our most successful runs has been me just mind searing bats the entire fight to keep them from accumulating. Most boring fight, but hey, top dps every time...

ZenaxPure

Yeah, I've had the most luck in LFRs when we just burned Sul without letting the empowered one wipe the raid, but, I did just do one this morning where we did the fight legit (focusing on the empowered one) and it worked out fine too. Really just depends on how competent your group is, focusing on Sul is probably the easiest strat though.

Tarazet

Yeah, I've had the most luck in LFRs when we just burned Sul without letting the empowered one wipe the raid, but, I did just do one this morning where we did the fight legit (focusing on the empowered one) and it worked out fine too. Really just depends on how competent your group is, focusing on Sul is probably the easiest strat though.

I had a group that one-shot them last night. No tank swap. The other DPS focused on the empowered guy, and I was with the off-tank just interrupting Mar'li's casts over and over. 21 times I interrupted her before she went down, and actually, almost entirely because of the two of us she died first. We never came close to a wipe.

TimeKillr

You need the Sul strat if you have shitty tanks. If you don't, it's so stupidly easy to just gather all those little adds when they pop - all I do is 2 blood boils and they're all stuck on me with diseases and then I just gather em up and dps aoes.

I love being a DK in these fights - I always end up being in the top 5 in damage. It's ridiculous. My guildmates always go nuts when I run with them because of the super high damage I put out.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Meanwhile, in Chinese Azeroth:

z6INDzg.jpg

Skab

Ugh. So I quit WoW a little over two years ago, and today I started listening to the Wrath soundtrack while I was working at my comp.

I now have the giant fucking urge to come back.

Panda's soundtrack is even better.

I'm impressed by some of the brass in it when running around IoT. I should probably buy a soundtrack (or beg it off someone since I work for ATVI!) for my daughters. They love the Xenoblade one to death, and I just ordered the Ni No Kuni...

Finally got my rank 8 in the brawler's guild. I stopped trying to beat Battletron about two weeks ago when I realised my DPS just wasn't going to cut it.

Got him down with about 30 seconds to kill, funny how much a few new pieces of raid finder gear can help. The rank 8 rares can eat shit though.

Rokam

King dino is fucking us up good. Brother got him down last night and got two bits of loot! lucky sod.

Gold and gold :(

Got incredibly lucky yesterday. Had no coins and I got the one piece of loot off of him that's amazing for Frost DKs. Seen so many people with his mount though, kinda amazing.

Tarazet

Had pretty bad luck with drops so far, but yesterday I got a RF cape and T15 gloves. They're badly itemized for a bear tank, though. Expertise and Haste with a Dodge socket bonus doesn't excite me very much, but the theorycrafters are saying the 2-piece bonus is amazing. When I'm looking at other possible upgrades, I start to think my upgraded DMF trinket has outworn its welcome for tanking and I should get the 489 stam trinket. It's dirt cheap and will help a lot in the new content.

Well last night, on my first of two nights off from work, I didn't kill scouts or anything, but I did have fun farming novelty items off of rare spawns. Got the aqua jewel which has to be the coolest thing ever. 50% increase in swim speed and the buff makes you transparent. I'm sitting in SW and people can barely see me lol. Here is a shot from isle looking toward the sky. It gives the best contrast.

And then I also picked up the crystal of insanity which I didn't even know existed. It's basically a free reusable flask, albeit only half the strength of a regular one, but still really nice. And! I got the ancient pandaren fishing charm off that ghost fisherman that spawns in valley of the four winds.

And!! I don't konw if i was just lucky or what, but i went back and got a second primal egg off only like 30 kills.
aqua_jewel_buff_zpsd4a8aaf2.jpg

They don't use skeletons in Chinese WoW, they use gravestones because its taboo to show skeletons in Chinese culture (e.g. the Chinese government says it is)
That is awesome!

Ultratech

Meanwhile, in Chinese Azeroth:

z6INDzg.jpg

"Death. Death everywhere."

That's a really cool pic though.

Well last night, on my first of two nights off from work, I didn't kill scouts or anything, but I did have fun farming novelty items off of rare spawns. Got the aqua jewel which has to be the coolest thing ever. 50% increase in swim speed and the buff makes you transparent. I'm sitting in SW and people can barely see me lol. Here is a shot from isle looking toward the sky. It gives the best contrast.

And then I also picked up the crystal of insanity which I didn't even know existed. It's basically a free reusable flask, albeit only half the strength of a regular one, but still really nice. And! I got the ancient pandaren fishing charm off that ghost fisherman that spawns in valley of the four winds.

Aqua Jewel is really pretty neat, since it puts you in like a pseudo-stealth state, making it really hard for people to see you. Also like that it works with your mounts as well. (Pretty sure it also gives you infinite breathing while it's active as well.)

Crystal of Insanity is awesome to have. It's not as strong as a regular flask, and you lose the buff upon death, but it's a nice +500 to all major stats, and there's only a 15 min cooldown on it. Took forever to get one on my Hunter.

ZenaxPure

Hells yeah, this has without a doubt been my favorite part of the expansion (and why I fight scouts so much to boot), not only are the rare spawns in MoP fun to fight (though the challenge for the originals dies once you are in LFR gear) but a lot of the items they drop are amazing, got that flask a long time ago but have probably already gotten 100 hours of uses out of it, one of the best items in the game right now, honestly I even like it a bit more than normal flasks for soloing because you get stamina from it.

If you continue to hunt them down, a few words of advice: Be on the look out for the Jinyu in valley of four winds (spawns in the swampy crane area north of halfhill), he drops an item that gives you your class' druid symbiosis, 1 hour duration 1 hour CD, so 100% uptime (but it only works in Pandaria so use at your own risk). The Jinyu and Mogu spell caster in Dread Wastes drop battle pets (that on my server anyway sell on the AH for a decent chunk of gold), and most importantly, every single rare spawn in Town Long. Each rare in that zone has a chance to drop a big bag of supplies (exactly like the ones the Zandalari trolls can drop). The Panda rare spawn drops one with enchanting mats (1 sha, 5 ethereal, 15 essence, 50 dust), the hozen one drops feasts, melee mogu drops a bag with multiple ilvl 440 epics in it, one drops a bag of leather, another bag of gems, it's pretty awesome even if it is a fairly rare drop.

Aqua Jewel is really pretty neat, since it puts you in like a pseudo-stealth state, making it really hard for people to see you. Also like that it works with your mounts as well. (Pretty sure it also gives you infinite breathing while it's active as well.)

Crystal of Insanity is awesome to have. It's not as strong as a regular flask, and you lose the buff upon death, but it's a nice +500 to all major stats, and there's only a 15 min cooldown on it. Took forever to get one on my Hunter.

Hells yeah, this has without a doubt been my favorite part of the expansion (and why I fight scouts so much to boot), not only are the rare spawns in MoP fun to fight (though the challenge for the originals dies once you are in LFR gear) but a lot of the items they drop are amazing, got that flask a long time ago but have probably already gotten 100 hours of uses out of it, one of the best items in the game right now, honestly I even like it a bit more than normal flasks for soloing because you get stamina from it.

If you continue to hunt them down, a few words of advice: Be on the look out for the Jinyu in valley of four winds (spawns in the swampy crane area north of halfhill), he drops an item that gives you your class' druid symbiosis, 1 hour duration 1 hour CD, so 100% uptime (but it only works in Pandaria so use at your own risk). The Jinyu and Mogu spell caster in Dread Wastes drop battle pets (that on my server anyway sell on the AH for a decent chunk of gold), and most importantly, every single rare spawn in Town Long. Each rare in that zone has a chance to drop a big bag of supplies (exactly like the ones the Zandalari trolls can drop). The Panda rare spawn drops one with enchanting mats (1 sha, 5 ethereal, 15 essence, 50 dust), the hozen one drops feasts, melee mogu drops a bag with multiple ilvl 440 epics in it, one drops a bag of leather, another bag of gems, it's pretty awesome even if it is a fairly rare drop.

Heck yes! In 200% agreement here. I was in a heroic last night with some people from another server discussing their favorite expansion. They really liked wrath. I liked wrath but, perhaps out of nostalgia, I liked TBC better. And I think MoP is tied right now with TBC for me. I love Pandaria. The zones are incredibly pleasing to the eye. No eye sore zones. And like you said, the creativity in items that drop off that rares in MoP is top notch. Really useful items that give you a reason to hold on to them. I like geting the epic legs off of them for my alts, too. Finding them and killing them is a nice distraction to everything else going on.

Oh and I have that symbiosis item off of jinyu. When it first dropped i was kind of like, meh. But for locks, it gives me rejuvenation which is flipping fantastic for soloing the mobs on isle of thunder. They can be done without, but it's like super nice extra security if my kiting goes wrong.

I've been on wowhead checking all the drops by searching the glorious achievement. There are only a couple more that i would like to try and get. I still don't have the waterstrider pet despite killing that dude over and over again. And then there is some little pet on CD i think that goes and searches for treasure. I have no idea if you get anything good out of it, but might as well see. The golden fleece trinket has been my best friend while doing dailes.

ZenaxPure

And then there is some little pet on CD i think that goes and searches for treasure. I have no idea if you get anything good out of it, but might as well see.

WIKKY! He is the man (or monkey rather) that got me started down this deep path of killing rares, I heard what he did from a friend and started checking in on Major Nanners every couple of hours. Absolutely worth the wait early on in the expansion (still pretty good now too though) and I just really loved fighting the Hozen rare spawns. You get a monkey helper to send out, after you kill 50 mobs he comes back with a bag of supplies, 1-3 motes, some elixirs, among some other stuff. Used to make sure I used him on cooldown to get the extra motes when LW gloves/chests were going for 20k+ gold. Nowadays I only use him when I know I am going to be killing a lot of guys, but I still use him at least once per day.

Rokam

So I wonder what Blizzard's going to do about future world bosses. Clearly their vision for Oondasta didn't pan out, and honestly I'm not sure why they thought it would. Lets put a boss that is easily griefable and claim it's only for the best of the best. Even though with enough people he doesn't even use abilities, and most groups just zerg it down anyways. They've also apparently nerfed his health, which makes sense since with a faster respawn timer people at the end of the week wouldn't be able to find a group on lesser populated servers.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
So I wonder what Blizzard's going to do about future world bosses. Clearly their vision for Oondasta didn't pan out, and honestly I'm not sure why they thought it would. Lets put a boss that is easily griefable and claim it's only for the best of the best. Even though with enough people he doesn't even use abilities, and most groups just zerg it down anyways. They've also apparently nerfed his health, which makes sense since with a faster respawn timer people at the end of the week wouldn't be able to find a group on lesser populated servers.

He has the same amount of health he always had. Whoever said the "kite to graveyard" thing was fixed was wrong though. We just did it an hour ago.

Good grief. I'm back to duplicate loot issues. I have been using up my mogu runes of fate on Megaera. The first day I ran the second part of Throne of Thunder in LFR I got the neck piece which is the only piece out of 5 drops he has that isn't an upgrade. So I spent yesterday and today re-running it to use up my runes. On the fifth run, last rune I had, I get loot. What pops up? The neck piece... again. Stupid shit...

Good grief. I'm back to duplicate loot issues. I have been using up my mogu runes of fate on Megaera. The first day I ran the second part of Throne of Thunder in LFR I got the neck piece which is the only piece out of 5 drops he has that isn't an upgrade. So I spent yesterday and today re-running it to use up my runes. On the fifth run, last rune I had, I get loot. What pops up? The neck piece... again. Stupid shit...

At least you haven't killed Lei Shi like 50 times with 10 Jin'yas, a bajillion belts, and no shoulders -_- Soon I won't even have a use for them, but I still want them to bank the T14 Sha-Skin look, as I think it's a good looking set.

Rokam

He has the same amount of health he always had. Whoever said the "kite to graveyard" thing was fixed was wrong though. We just did it an hour ago.

They nerfed his health or it's a bug. Before you pull him he has 850 million, once he's in combat it goes to 450 million.

Also I love people that show up when I have a Warbringer tagged and it's near death that spam me for invite. How stupid can you be? Sure let me invite you to dps the mob for 20% and give you a chance at a mount instead of myself.

At least you haven't killed Lei Shi like 50 times with 10 Jin'yas, a bajillion belts, and no shoulders -_- Soon I won't even have a use for them, but I still want them to bank the T14 Sha-Skin look, as I think it's a good looking set.
Yeah this is true. If blizz wants a complete rng system for loot, at the very least they should make it so duplicate drops arent possible. I think I could handle periods of not getting anything if I knew when something did drop it would be a new item. But seeing the same thing drop is majorly disheartening.

Angry Grimace

They nerfed his health or it's a bug. Before you pull him he has 850 million, once he's in combat it goes to 450 million.

Also I love people that show up when I have a Warbringer tagged and it's near death that spam me for invite. How stupid can you be? Sure let me invite you to dps the mob for 20% and give you a chance at a mount instead of myself.

Apparently it occurred between when I killed it earlier today and now from what I'm seeing. Or its a bug?

Rokam

Hah so after saying I haven't got anything from the fail bags, I got an epic 502 belt today... too bad it's shitty itemization.

Angry Grimace

So do people actually believe Titan is an actual thing as opposed to a vaporware project? Even Blizzard isn't tight-lipped enough to spend like 5 years on something without giving the vaguest details about what it is in any respect at all.

Rokam

So do people actually believe Titan is an actual thing as opposed to a vaporware project? Even Blizzard isn't tight-lipped enough to spend like 5 years on something without giving the vaguest details about what it is in any respect at all.

Well one of their employees said they were playing it awhile back... so who the fuck knows. Honestly I don't hold high hopes for it. If tomorrow's "announcement" is just All Stars that's pretty dumb seeing as how it's already been announced.

Skab

It was 5-6 years before they officially announced SC2. And lets not even bring up D3. We knew just as little about those as we do Titan. We were never going to hear anything about Titan until closer to 2014 anyway. Pretty good chance we'll see it officially announced at Blizzcon this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom